Goodbye Jesus

Sin

Justin

Perhaps ....

No smile? Not even a little twinkle in your eye? Not a little funny at least? ... *sigh*... okay... I'll shut up now. :grin:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Justin

• chefranden

• Ouroboros

• MathGeek

I view supernatural laws to be very real. Reaping what you sow, do unto others, etc. They exist because when we adhere to these principles/laws, we find a great deal more joy than when we don't.

Tab

Yes I assumed that you think the supernatural is real. However neither of these you have mentioned are supernatural. You throw physical seed on the physical ground, and through physical biological processes you get plants that yield to you more seed. Even if you want to be more esoteric about it, what ever you sow is sown by physical you, and is returned to you in some physical way. It is a natural not a supernatural process. You can not do unto others without a physical process nor can they do to you without a physical process. Doing is a natural, not a supernatural process.

Yes I assumed that you think the supernatural is real. However neither of these you have mentioned are supernatural. You throw physical seed on the physical ground, and through physical biological processes you get plants that yield to you more seed. Even if you want to be more esoteric about it, what ever you sow is sown by physical you, and is returned to you in some physical way. It is a natural not a supernatural process. You can not do unto others without a physical process nor can they do to you without a physical process. Doing is a natural, not a supernatural process.

That sounds reasonable, chef.

Tabuwn: I myself still believe in G-d. Although not the G-d described in scripture. Most will call my version of G-d idolatry. I say if I'm wrong, I don't want to be right. It is very difficult to deprogram ones self from many years of indoctrination. I think many (Obviously) do come to the point where they question the 'status quo', however. I myself believe this to be the beginning of true understanding. If we do not question, then we cannot gain further insight. Indeed, doubt is one of the strongest tools for learning, imo. Many atheist shun me, just as most Christians shun me. I'm kinda in the middle right now. I believe in G-d, but I fall short of believing in the the G-d described in scripture. He seems far too angry, and merciless, and mean, and blood thirsty to be real in my mind. Even so, I have somehow held on to a belief in something greater than myself. I enjoy looking at different religions, and taking from them things which I view to be true. Of course ones theology is useless in the grand scheme of things. I myself think that a persons condition of heart is what matters most. I have realized that my actions and attitudes effects the whole of society in one way or another. When I seek peace, and when I am mindful of my attitude and actions, I always seem to fair better then when I'm not. I try to show a degree of love for all people. I do so because I know we are all pretty much the same. We all have our hardships, we all make mistakes, we all suffer, and we are all in this life together.

Tab

If there were more people like you in the world, it WOULD be a better place.