Goodbye Jesus

Brains --------what Are They Good For.

child like faith

It does stand to reason doesn't it, back in the 70's i read a book called the sandpiper experiment that has always stuck with me, there is a huge part of our brain that is not even used for anything that can be accounted for,

I suspect that experiment was wrong.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• today

• Antlerman

• chefranden

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

look at me i started getting high at a very early age of 5 huffing gas, then at 7 paint then at 9 shooting meth, then at 15 LSD, you do the math, i stayed high on something from the age of 5 to 35, every day, i know you guys are going to jump all over this, but you know i really should not even be able to type words or spell them or even talk with any under standing. God gave each one of us a "conscience" , our brain, our reasoning ability, our ability to analize, to decern, even the medical profession uses the term brain dead to unhook people from machines that keep the body alive even when our brain is dead.

I'll jump. Now your're high on Jaaysus!

It does stand to reason doesn't it, back in the 70's i read a book called the sandpiper experiment that has always stuck with me, there is a huge part of our brain that is not even used for anything that can be accounted for, and for God to give us something that is not used completely just does not line up with the word, every thing has a purpose.

Actually, not everything does serve a purpose. What is the purpose of our appendix? Residual tails? But even so, whether or not we access "unused" areas of the brain (which actually I think has been shown to be untrue unless I'm mistaken), it frankly would be unnecessary to explain people's "sense" or ideas about God. It is something which I feel can be explained right within the actively functioning areas we use all the time. The best I like to understand it as is a sort of meta-program running in the machine, creating a sense of reality of its own. The mystery of it is in the natural human phenomenon itself. We are the creators of God. Therefore we must be God. True?

look at me i started getting high at a very early age of 5 huffing gas, then at 7 paint then at 9 shooting meth, then at 15 LSD, you do the math, i stayed high on something from the age of 5 to 35, every day, i know you guys are going to jump all over this, but you know i really should not even be able to type words or spell them or even talk with any under standing. God gave each one of us a "conscience" , our brain, our reasoning ability, our ability to analize, to decern, even the medical profession uses the term brain dead to unhook people from machines that keep the body alive even when our brain is dead.

I've ever shared this here on the site, but I've done a fair share of drugs in my day, "huffing" as an early teen as they call it, frying brain cells left and right, angel dust, LSD, etc. I guess one could say I was lucky I didn't do some crippling damage, and it appears my brain is pretty capable these days. But there are those who are in fact fried as burnt toast today as a result. If it's some sort of miracle intervention, then I guess the other poor bastards didn't merit this "blessing" for some "divine plan"... or not. Much simpler to cite chance and the luck of odds in ones favor than to some sort of supervision from the clouds. Be happy, be thankful even, and let it be an inspiration to live life.

I guess my point is that saying "everything has a purpose" sort of sets one up for great disappointment and disillusionment, sort of destroys one's "faith". Much better to see what happens and surviving it as an opportunity at second chances, rather than looking for some "plan" in your life. The plan is to live to your fullest potential. That's the "plan" for all life.

I welcome a god converting me and showing me the so called light,

what I don't like is people trying to convert me, and then when people judge me without any idea of my, our anyones experience here, it just pisses me off,

also I warn that it is very unwise to quickly judge other people without the knowledge of there experience and situation,

and when you make a statement of us being lower then a donkey critter brain wise, I think even Jesus is pissed at you for making yourself and your religion even more stupid and all you have done is hurt your own cause,

also I hope this god gave you more capability then simply milking a cow and knowing 10 is more then 1.

It does stand to reason doesn't it, back in the 70's i read a book called the sandpiper experiment that has always stuck with me, there is a huge part of our brain that is not even used for anything that can be accounted for, and for God to give us something that is not used completely just does not line up with the word, every thing has a purpose. look at me i started getting high at a very early age of 5 huffing gas, then at 7 paint then at 9 shooting meth, then at 15 LSD, you do the math, i stayed high on something from the age of 5 to 35, every day, i know you guys are going to jump all over this, but you know i really should not even be able to type words or spell them or even talk with any under standing. God gave each one of us a "conscience" , our brain, our reasoning ability, our ability to analize, to decern, even the medical profession uses the term brain dead to unhook people from machines that keep the body alive even when our brain is dead.

Today,

First, I want to say neuroscience, psychology, and psychiatry have come a very long way since the 70s. Having said that, consult any authority on the subject and my guess is they won't make a statement that would resemble your position that "we only use part of our brains." More likely than not, an honest scientist/doctor would say something more like "we don't fully understand the brain enough to know exactly what that part of the brain does ... yet." That's the thing about science ... always learning, always changing.

As for everything having a purpose ... I challenge you to tell that to the parent of every child born with an extra chromosome. I sincerely doubt that they would call it a gift.

That's right.

In the 90's they started using fMRI to map the brain. Before that there were no good way of analyzing the brain patters during the thought process. I doubt that the "sandpiper" data is correct, since they didn't have the technology to do a correct mapping to start with.

I tried to find any information on this "sandpiper" thing, but I can't. I can only assume it's some fringe science, or perhaps even pseudo science, and of no real value.

P.S. Every time you have a lustful thought jeebus kills one of those kittens.... Paul said so.

*gasp* I fear I may be responsible for a kitty-caust

Kittycidomaniacs! What did they ever do to you??? :)

Kittycidomaniacs! What did they ever do to you??? :)

but for the ultimate question ... do I repent to Jeebus or ceiling cat?

This is why kittens die.

god_kills_kitten_troll.jpg

This is why kittens die.

post-246-1242415550_thumb.jpg

hahaha but it's sooooo tempting

This is why kittens die.

god_kills_kitten_troll.jpg

hahaha but it's sooooo tempting

Kitten_died.jpg