Goodbye Jesus

If you could prove Christianity false

Merlinfmct87

Interesting question I thought I'd pose.

If you had facts that could prove Christianity is a lie, would you publish your book?

If you could prove that the Church knew it was a lie from it's earliest days, would you publish?

Something mum was ruminating on and I thought I'd share with the forum :) .

Merlin

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dogmatically_challenged

• Amethyst

• Merlinfmct87

• pitchu

I would publish it, even if I knew I would end up being jailed or killed for it. The truth must be spoken, even if it's not accepted yet. Someday, it will be.

I might consider publishing it under a pseudonym or something, if I was really worried about how my family would be affected by it.

I would publish it, even if I knew I would end up being jailed or killed for it.  The truth must be spoken, even if it's not accepted yet.  Someday, it will be.

I might consider publishing it under a pseudonym or something, if I was really worried about how my family would be affected by it.

Damn straight I'd publish, and I'd publicize too. it's worth the risk.

This book my mum has almost finished will make it impossible for any reader to remain Christian at the end of it. It will completely re-frame Christianity in the modern world. I'm talking going from "good" to the personification of evil. This is not a painting, or an obscure piece of scripture. It's far more irrefutable than that.

Should I publish? Do I have the right to destroy the entire faith?

What would Plato do?

I'm not trying to brag. I'm not trying to get people to buy a book that isn't even published yet. I'm trying to know the right thing to do. I know that anger will be coming to me. I just want to know the ripples of my actions. What will it do to the world?

Merlin

I would like to read this book. It's not faith IMHO, it's a cult. If everyone saw it as such, I think it would be a good thing and would lead to stopping religious-based violence.

I would publish it, even if I knew I would end up being jailed or killed for it.  The truth must be spoken, even if it's not accepted yet.  Someday, it will be.

Yes, I would, how has Christianity been proven wrong? I know a lot of the Bible is lies.

Well, science has proven that homosexuality is genetic. That would prove at least part of it wrong. And we know for a fact that the earth is a lot more than 6,000 years old. But these things have been said before, and many people are still Christian because they pick and choose what parts of the Bible to believe in. Whatever there is in the book that disproves the Bible would have to make it so that people could no longer be cherry pickers.

If you could prove Christianity false, Would you publish?

Definitely, if I thought it was something new that hadn't been published or widely publicized before.

If you had facts that could prove Christianity is a lie, would you publish your book?

If you could prove that the Church knew it was a lie from it's earliest days, would you publish?

Merlin

Nope. Christian's will buy anything - but probably not something that will demolish their cult. And if there are no gullible christian's around to buy my "God Personally Saved Me Through the Bible Code" books, how then will I make my millions?

It's easy to prove Christianity is wrong.

Jason Gastrich believes it.

It's easy to prove Christianity is wrong.

Jason Gastrich believes it.

:lmao::lmao:

Well, that settles it! :HaHa:

Merlin

I dunno... I'd go to the trouble of writing it and Falwell and Robertson, et al, would just buy up all the copies and put them in the crypt. :grin:

I dunno... I'd go to the trouble of writing it and Falwell and Robertson, et al, would just buy up all the copies and put them in the crypt. 

Why do that when they can have a good ol' fashioned book burning instead?

Why do that when they can have a good ol' fashioned book burning instead?

Oh, you betcha that tome would resurrect the ole book-burnin' parties, fer shure.

I dunno... I'd go to the trouble of writing it and Falwell and Robertson, et al, would just buy up all the copies and put them in the crypt. :grin:

Could they get every copy? That's the question you have to ask... :wicked:

Merlin

Could they get every copy? That's the question you have to ask... :wicked:

Merlin

I suppose you could round up a legion of dedicated infidels who would secret them inside trenchcoats and sell them like French postcards, non? :HaHa:

Yes I would publish it. Then I would publicize as much as possible and be as much of an arrogant ass as possible in public.

Then I would publish a second book about my reconversion, and retire in the Carribean richer than Bill Gates.

Absolutely! I wouldn't hesitate. I'd shout it from the rooftops. It's a sick mindfuck and the world would be a far far better place without it. Those like my parents whose own will has atrophied under the crutch would get over it or not. It would be up to them to stand on their own two feet.

This happened in Russia. Communism was their religion. It took care of its believers and then one day the rug was yanked out from under them. Some handled it swimmingly and others let it destroy them. The world is better off and Russia is better off though. The same would be true of xtianity's demise. Let its end be short and sweet like pulling off a bandaid.

YES! Most definitely!!

In fact, IS there anything like that on the market now? I mean, I have seen numerous sites and articles, but does anyone know of a book that comprises a lot of the evidence?

I would LOVE to read it.

plenty of websites online nowadays and growing daily, do they count?

In fact, IS there anything like that on the market now? I mean, I have seen numerous sites and articles, but does anyone know of a book that comprises a lot of the evidence?

There are numerous books but not all of them have all of the evidence. The best one I've found so far is called "The Book Your Chucrch Doesn't Want You To Read." It's a good general comparison of Christianity to other pagan religions and highlights their similarities.

That would be one big ass book. But hell yes, I'd publish.

Merlin

Sure, I would. But one should probably be prepared to spend a lot of time debating the book.

Merlin..... I would want it published, too.

We all want to know the absolute truth, right?

Merlin..... I would want it published, too.

We all want to know the absolute truth, right?

I think we all know there really could not be such a book, unfortunately.

Such a book might have the necessary proofs that christianity is false, but as soon as it was published there would be apologists with alternative reasonings and there would be the many faithful saying that it didn't really matter what proof was presented since they know in their hearts that god and jesus are real.

Consider the situation today. With all the competing religions it's not possible that more than one of them is completely right, yet none of them are able to persuade the others that they have the one correct way. Christians can't convince more than a few Muslims that christianity is right and islam is false. And vice versa.

And here we sit at Ex-C with the real 1TruWay™ :wicked: and we're not having much of an impact on christianity as a whole either. I think several works have already been published showing that christianity is false. Unfortunately the problem isn't in having the material and getting it published, but in having it read and evaluated with an open mind.