Goodbye Jesus

Left-handed or Right-handed?

Poonis

Right handed. There are some things that I can do with both hands, but for the most part I'm right-handed. I can catch a ball with my left hand alright, but that's about it. I can't write with my left hand at all, it looks like a first-grader's handwriting.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dogmatically_challenged

• Poonis

• fallenleaf

• white_raven23

I am exclusively right footed...

Ambidextrous, apparently I was born a righty though. I broke my right hand as a child and then broke it again once it was out of the cast, I learned to use my left as well as my right in the interim, and kept using both to keep them dexterous.

I was born left-handed, but I broke my arm when I was a kid and I had to learn how to use my right hand during that time, so after becoming accustomed to using my right hand, I just switched over to using it and I pretty much use it all the time now. I can barely use my left hand for anything at all anymore, so I just voted right-handed.

Right handed.

I am left handed by default, but there are a few exceptions. In baseball, I was predominately right-handed at bat, yet throw with the left. Bowling is an entirely different matter; depending on the position of pins, I can use either hand. Everything else - writing, painting, eating, bass, drumming...I will use the left hand.

Ambidextrous. I can write (poorly) with either hand. My handwriting sucks no matter which hand I use.

• Super Moderator

Right handed, left leaning.

- Chris

Guest eejay

I'm right handed when it comes to writing or eating wih utensils. Flying, that's obviously left handed, and I usually drive a car with my left, must be habit.

I classify myself as a righty but I'm a bit ambidextrous. Though I'm not good at sports, I throw slightly better with my left hand. I use the mouse with my left hand at work as a program I use involves a lot of 10-key and mouse clicks and if I did it all with my right hand, I would have problems.

My mom, age 87, was raised right-handed but she is more ambidextrous. My father and siblings are right-handed.

One of my brothers has been agnostic since his teens. I have become agnostic in the past three years. My other siblings and my parents are fundie-xtians.

Poll should have had a "partial" option. Though I am left handed too, I can use right handed things. (like the guitar for example). Living in a right handed world makes you adjust quite a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

right hand..... say didn't Christian teachers used to beat left handed childrens' hands? Would they rather Children handed in assignments with scribbly illegible writing?

I'm completely ambi - except my handwriting is terrible on both hands. I can mirror write, switch hands if the other gets too tired, and once shocked a teacher in high school (wow, that was LONG ago!) by doing math with my left and writing out answers for a lit assignment I had left until the last minute with my right - at the same time. I had to REALLY hold down the paper with books though to keep me from ripping through.

ETA: I do know a couple things I can't do with one hand that I can do with the other - for instance, I sign my signature with only my right, because my teachers forced it upon me. Supposedly it wasn't "proper" to switch hands whenever I please (and I went to school in the 21st century, too!). I also only feel comfortable with a guitar if it's in "lefty" mode (which makes driving my boyfriend batty with Rock Band fun, as I constantly leave his guitar controller in lefty).

I am left handed, although I play guitar and other instruments right handed.

I'm a righty-primary, but only cause it was beaten into me in elementary school. I vary from lefty to righty depending on how I learned - bowling = Lefty, pitching = righty, guitar = righty, smoking = lefty, etc...

I am lefty...in terms of handedness and political leanings.

Another ambi here. I use my right hand more often, though because of the way the desks are set up.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a righty.

Matt6:3 says 'don't left your left hand know what your right hand is doing' so while masturbating, keep your hands from seeing each other.

I was exclusively righty till I broke my right wrist years ago. Had the arm in a cast so I had to learn to do several things lefty. I play guitar righty, but I pitch and shoot a basketball lefty. I write righty but... yeah, right. Some things righty, other things lefty, other things very able with both.