• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• TexasFreethinker

• Eponymic

• Checkmate

My brother said something interesting today about the Cross as a symbol for Christianity. How weird and sick it actually is.

Imagine that we would have the rifle that killed JFK as a peace symbol.

The Cross was the "weapon" that was used to kill Jesus. It was the tool for the punishment and murdering him. It is not a good symbol at all, but a violent and cruel image of death.

(Sorry for the hijack)

And it was a pagan symbol before that.

Merlin

LOL at Han solo's photo.

So rich......

No, no, see... It's reasonable and logcal to beleive that that cookie magically transforms into the flesh of Christ, while the wine turns to his blood.

See? Makes perfect sense!

Ah! That's what BrotherJeff refered too. I'm so slow sometimes. My guiding spirit seems to be a cat... and a lady cat too...

Cookies and Cream is my favorite ice cream, maybe that one turns to Jesus blood and flesh too while I'm eating it? Yuck!

Has anyone noticed that Thegoodbook has taken yet ANOTHER healthy shit on Dave's carpet, and just split to leave us to smell the aroma? Why continue playing his/her game? I'm still waiting for a REAL apology before I respond to this fuckface's posts. :Hmm:

No, no, see... It's reasonable and logcal to beleive that that cookie magically transforms into the flesh of Christ, while the wine turns to his blood.

See? Makes perfect sense!

Ah, I see! Yeah, sure, that does make perfect sense! Glory! :HaHa:

thegoodbook doth quoth:

"You see"

Done seen, rode that hoss, climed that mountain, slayed that euphamism, and rode that tornado.

Let me start out TGB with this: "I am not ExC's sharpest knife in the camp drawer."

If you elect to try and change folks' mind here with things, you have to try and get by "Mongo" first.

I read your post, your answers to those desiring to query in return.

Buds, let me say this from the mean_olde_phucz_heart: "You aint'a said a fracking thing NEW that hasn't been argued dozens of times this year so far, and hundreds of times in the past few here.

You have said not a damn thing new...

Unconvinced and waiting..

kL

A Christian with his armor...

I'm glad I sallowed my coffee before seing this. :lmao:

Christianity is a lie.  A lie that has many people we love in its grip.  A lie that tells humans that they are so awful by nature that they deserve to be tortured for eternity.

Christianity is a threat.  A threat to our liberty and freedoms.  It is an affront to reason because it claims that reason is second to faith.

In fact, I was captured and held captive by a band of Southern Baptists for more than 30 years, and I'd like to help others escape.

Outstanding reply, TexasFreethinker!

TGB, if someone says the earth is flat, I will correct that lie. If someone makes claims about something as contradictory and morally reprehensible as the Bible, we will take it apart.

As TexasFreethinker points out, that is not where it stops. Fundies just can't abide a live and let live system. They have this bizarre fetish for wanting the control the lives and minds of others. This evil needs to be addressed!

About your idiotic "Did a [insert Je$u$ franchise] drop a casserole... blah blah blah-- let me ask you then:

Are you still a Christian because a youth minister molested you first? Do you continue to enjoy being raped by Catholic priests? Is that why you believe?

It's fun to feel superior by trying to belittle the experiences of the members of this forum who will, I guarantee, blow you into nothing.

I get extremely tired of hearing the same lame speaches from Xians. Can't they understand that we, being ex Xians, have heard it all a thousand times before? We know what they're going to say because many of us said the same things when we were Xians. They are not going to convert anyone so why do they bother? TAP, why do you hang around us Infidels, heathens, and Apostates?

If you subtract the specific references to Christianity from your argument, your argument can be applied to all religions. So, everyone who has faith in something intangable is an idiot, right?

Faith in religions...yeah, pretty much is idiotic to me. Why do we single out Xtianity? Becuase most of us were beliving idiots too at one time.

Faith in religions...yeah, pretty much is idiotic to me. Why do we single out Xtianity? Becuase most of us were beliving idiots too at one time.

Of course. We spend most of our time debunking Xianity because we are ex Xians. But if a Moslem or Hebrew wants to come here and try to convert, I'll be happy to demolish his Religion too.

Ummm...

I've only been here a couple of months, but I do understand what so many of you say...you hear the same old bull and the same old cliches all the time, and we've already been there, and what's more, most of us have spewed the same crap ourselves back in the day.

So why do some of you take the time to be so patient and respond to this tripe over and over? The Bible says that the 'heretic' should be rejected after the first or second admonition. Why do some of you go on and on and on?

Maybe it's because you have real compassion, and not the Sunday Morning feelgood compassion of the 'church'.

Off topic? Sure. But I thought I should throw that in. I just felt... led to say so.

:grin:

As for 'Thegoodbook', have you ever read the damn thing?

Would you drown a pregnant woman? Drown a liitle baby? (Genesis) Order a complete genocide of a nation? (Exodus, I think), or be so hypocritical that you could say of yourself that anyone that didn't believe in you would roast forever in Hell, yet later say that your (Omnipotent) will is that everyone should be saved?

Do you understand that you have been duped?

I know that Thegoodbook may be a hit and run poster here, but maybe someone will someday stumble upon my response and glean a little perspective from it.

OK... I just answered my own questions as to 'why'.

Nothing like an ignorant opinion shouted out from the soapbox that is the internet.

pot_kettle.jpg

If you subtract the specific references to Christianity from your argument, your argument can be applied to all religions. So, everyone who has faith in something intangable is an idiot, right?

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts, but your position is founded on the logic that all Christians are the same. If your position were true, then every black person is the same. Every Muslum is the same, ect. This type of thinking simply isn't true, and which is why it is included as one of the falacies of logic.

The other problem with your statemets is that you are trying to use logic to prove something that is illogical -- faith. You don't prove faith, you choose to believe or not to believe.

What of the Christians who have a faith in God because of a real life experience; not some words in a book? I am a Christian, but my faith was not obtained through book nor preacher.

The sharp criticism of Christianity over other religions you see manifested here is for several reasons. The strongest of which I would state in contradiction to you, is that Christianity is and has been anything but the guardian of knowledge. Where exactly do you think most books of learning were preserved during the dark ages? In Rome????? You sound like you know better than that.

Always it is the Judeo/Christian/Islamic traditions of religious beliefs that are the most active in suppressing knowledge. Is this not true? Doesn't history have a few things that supports that?

Your faith was not obtained from a book or a preacher? Ok, you sound like you have some understanding of philosophy. You are familiar with the basic question: Why do Muslim children become Muslims; Christian children become Christian, etc.? If you care to say your parents weren't religious, don't bother. You grew up in a Christian culture with notions of Christianity all around you. If you'd grown up in Saudi Arabia, I'd bet high stakes on what your faith would be...

No. I do not believe Christians are all bad. I believe the Institution is. I believe the Institution lies to people. Hmm, gotta go eat.... maybe more later :grin:

Did they drill a hole in your brain aduring first communion, or is that level of stupidity and arrogance natural talent?

Merlin

It wasn't a hole, silly Merlin. :nono:

It was a slot. :scratch:

Of course, this is a new practice, and yet another attempt by modern Catholicism to bring itself up to date.

During first communion, the priest cuts a small slot into the very top of the member’s head. Since this procedure is done by a Man of God, there is no blood loss whatsoever. After the incision is made, the priest inserts a communion wafer (see attached photo) directly into the slot. Then he grabs their left arm, raises it above their head, and places it back down along their side. After this, if the believer’s eyes roll back into their head, they have officially received the flesh of Jesus Christ. If the eyes don't roll, they have to go back to confession.

:mellow:

*EDIT* - They don't call these things communion wafers anymore. They call them Trinity Tokens.

OOH! An intellectual!

Please do the Easter Challenge!  Or should we suggest the False Messiah problems?  So much to do, so little time...

Yes! Definitely. The Easter Challenge is a wonderful demonstration of how irreversably screwed up the Bible really is. Good call, but will our Bible friend take the challenge?

Why do you guys spend so much time trying to disprove Christianity?
Because Christianity is wrong. Truth should be paramount.

In some cases, the false religion of Christianity is responsible for abominable acts and behavior, such as the mistreatment of homosexuals. And let's not forget the opposition to scientific advancements based on absolutely no evidence at all, such as the impedement of funding for stem cell research, which is done because people have the incorrect believe that zygotes have souls.

These are things that need to be stopped because they are based on ignorance, and Christian belief is largely responsible for this level of ignorance. If telling the truth comes at the expense of a major religion, then so be it.

Besides, who are you to ask us why we do what we do? Why the hell are you here? Why do you care?

You see, I know that I will never convince you that God exists because you are not open to that.

Did it ever occur to you that most of us were open to it at some point?

Let me tell you something about myself. Before my deconversion, I had a gaping chasm inside of me, one that religion had never been able to bridge. I was pretty damn open to the idea of something out there, but I soon came to realise, through personal experience and reading your so-called 'Good Book' cover to freaking cover, that there is NOTHING out there. Religion is a man-made concept. And the quicker you and every other Christian out there realises that, the better for everyone.

*revs up flamethrower* Now unless you want a head full of flames, you will back the fuck out of that door. And don't let it hit you on the arse on the way out.

TAP, why do you hang around us Infidels, heathens, and Apostates?

You know, I was thinking on the same lines. Why do Christians come here? Even their own bible states that they should not even talk to us!

"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? For ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you."

2 Corinthians 6: 14-17

I hope this is not a misquote, but it seems to me it fits.

You know, I was thinking on the same lines. Why do Christians come here? Even their own bible states that they should not even talk to us!

Not only that, but Hebrews 6 states that those of us who have walked away from faith in Christ, can NEVER be saved!

Angel, we have ALL asked this question over and over. It doesn't make any sense for them to come here, and yet they continue to show up. Full of piss and vinegar, stepping on toes, or seeking to "befriend us" to learn WHY we left. (Or so they claim.)

The only thing that WE get out of the deal is free target practice! Christian visitors give us someone to debate with, since we aren't allowed to strenuously debate them on THEIR turf. When we make headway on the Christian Forums, thus disproving their faith, we get banned instantly. So in order for us to be able to argue with them, we have made space for them at OUR table, as it were.

I've stopped questioning WHY they come. Yes, it IS pointless and fruitless on THEIR part, but it does provide US with the opportunity to pin their ears back since they were stupid enough to come here. Glory! :lmao:

Not only that, but Hebrews 6 states that those of us who have walked away from faith in Christ, can NEVER be saved!

Angel, we have ALL asked this question over and over.  It doesn't make any sense for them to come here, and yet they continue to show up.  Full of piss and vinegar, stepping on toes, or seeking to "befriend us" to learn WHY we left.  (Or so they claim.)

The only thing that WE get out of the deal is free target practice!  Christian visitors give us someone to debate with, since we aren't allowed to strenuously debate them on THEIR turf.  When we make headway on the Christian Forums, thus disproving their faith, we get banned instantly.  So in order for us to be able to argue with them, we have made space for them at OUR table, as it were.

I've stopped questioning WHY they come.  Yes, it IS pointless and fruitless on THEIR part, but it does provide US with the opportunity to pin their ears back since they were stupid enough to come here.  Glory!   :lmao:

I think there are christians who come here because they are genuinely interested in knowing why we left christianity, and/or because they have doubts of their own that they don't feel comfortable discussing on christian boards.

I don't want to "pin their ears back", but I do want to be available for them if and when they want to ask questions.

Bad behavior on their part isn't excusable, but it is somewhat understandable when you consider that we're threatening something that is at the core of their being. Many of them have never seriously considered that christianity could be wrong or a lie and it is shocking and very upsetting for them to encounter what we have to say.

I think there are christians who come here because they are genuinely interested in knowing why we left christianity, and/or because they have doubts of their own that they don't feel comfortable discussing on christian boards.

I don't want to "pin their ears back", but I do want to be available for them if and when they want to ask questions.

Bad behavior on their part isn't excusable, but it is somewhat understandable when you consider that we're threatening something that is at the core of their being.  Many of them have never seriously considered that christianity could be wrong or a lie and it is shocking and very upsetting for them to encounter what we have to say.

Darn you, TFT. Darn you for making sense out of my rant. Just goes to show you that there's always a level head amongst us. Kudos.

Bad behavior on their part isn't excusable, but it is somewhat understandable when you consider that we're threatening something that is at the core of their being.  Many of them have never seriously considered that christianity could be wrong or a lie and it is shocking and very upsetting for them to encounter what we have to say.

Well said. :grin: I was actually hoping this guy would have continued because he raised some different points that were worth exploring with him. I guess he wasn't interested in discussion. That's too bad, but it is consistent with Christianity being closed to thoughts other than what agrees with them - Oh great guardians of approved knowledge only!

Has anyone noticed that Thegoodbook has taken yet ANOTHER healthy shit on Dave's carpet, and just split to leave us to smell the aroma?  Why continue playing his/her game?  I'm still waiting for a REAL apology before I respond to this fuckface's posts.  :Hmm:

Why apologize? It's in the "Debating with Christians" section and he is a christian. As it says:

This is the section of the board to post Christian opinions, arguments, sermons and so on. Even agressive evangelism will be tolerated in this section of the forum.

However, do expect very heated responses

So I expect them to shit here. It doesn't bother me much, I'm used to the smell. Plus I know it when I see it. :lmao:

Well said.   :grin: I was actually hoping this guy would have continued because he raised some different points that were worth exploring with him.  I guess he wasn't interested in discussion.  That's too bad

Yes, I was hoping he'd stay around and actually talk with us. Maybe he's got other things to do and he'll come back later - not everyone's as addicted to this site as some of us are!