Goodbye Jesus

God will come threw to you all

Guest Thegoodbook

Well said Madame M :grin: I'd like to post that in my online journal, if that's all right - I think everyone needs to read it.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• TexasFreethinker

• Eponymic

• Checkmate

Madame M.,

Outstanding!!

When I was a christian, I always had a hard time understanding why god would need someone to DIE to save the people.

Why death? Why bloodshed?

And why the BLOOD sacrifices? Why would God...a supreme being, need us to kill cattle and other animals and offer them up?

Never made sense to me no matter how many people tried to explain it.

I have thought of it the way you described in the past......made me sick too!!

Only if you send a love donation to Church of the Holy Electric Chair.

LOL!!  j/k ;)

Go ahead and put it in your online journal.

I think it supposed to be Holy Electric Chair Church: HECC, like in "We're going to HECC!"

Look buddy, you are either going to fry the old man into submission in this life, or you can fry in the next.  Take you pick.  Personally, I am going to sit my hiney down in my electric chair and fry to self.  ;)

Amen Sister! Praise the Lard and send me the fries!

Looking at the recent postings in this thread, I think it's time to post this one again...

Looking at the recent postings in this thread, I think it's time to post this one again...

And the game "hangman" would be considered sacriligious,

Unlike our dear amigo Hans, I do so willingly choose a firearm for my symbol of Peace..

Simply put the power for Peace comes from them fearing fucking with daFatman and his family. Mess with me, mine, extended family, friends, find that that life for you and yours becomes uncomfortable and unlivable.

Want Peace? Prepare for War. Be prepared and willing to ensure the borders of your life are secured best you can.

Come heck, high water, ugly men with big black guns...

My life is not theirs to fuck with.

Peace Through Superior Firepower

kevin, the fracking pissed Freeman, L.

Well, Nivek, you're very special... I wouldn't expect anything less from you! :grin:

Let's say you had never heard of Christianity, and Jesus had died by electric chair.  Your friend takes you for the first time to her church.  You walk in and are greeted by someone wearing a silver electric chair around their neck.  They hand you a flyer with electric chair symbols.  You walk into the sanctuary and up on the wall is a lifesize statue of an emmaciated man in an electric chair.  People start singing about "the Old Rugged Electric Chair" and wrapping themselves in the charred flesh of their savior.  Then everyone gets in a line and goes up front to pretend they are drinking blood and eating flesh.  After that, they sit through a sermon where the pastor recounts in horrific and greusome detail, an electric chair execution.  Many are crying now.  Then he tells them that if they don't believe that Jesus died this way for their sins, they are going to a place of unimaginable horrors.  You watch people young and old file to the front.  You see teens wearing trendy shirts that say things like "God's Gym" and have an extremely detailed picture of Jesus face, sweating and grimacing as he is being electricuted.  Then someone stands up and says that God is telling him that we all need to sit in our electric chairs and die to self, kill off the old man and let the executed Jesus inhabit our hearts.

That doesn't sound like some kind of horror freak show to you?  If it doesn't, it is only because you have become extremely desensitized to the death message of Christianity.  In fact, I had too until I had turned it around in this manner.

Hi Madame M, maybe they will ask... what is going on here? IMO, the cross is symbolic for some...

of the DEGREE Jesus went, for our cause in fighting the subjected unjust oppression of a large group of hurting people,

and the DEGREE to which he maintained and demonstrated these principles of his, so that what self-elitist people do to oppress/condemn one will have no effect.

If Jesus would of looked down from the cross and said, "All of you should be annihalated for what you've done to me!", then he would of been 'contaminated' with hatred, resentment, and vengence by their disrespectful actions! He knew this 'contamination' causes a fearful, vendictive heart... and is the reason 'they' were acting the way they were! So he refused to be 'contaminated' by their all encompassing disrespect, by understanding they were doing their best they knew how to handle their insecuities and hurt, and letting go... 'spiritually' forgiving them even in this extreme situation. Jesus saw his perpetrators as being the real victim, which emotionally releases him of being the victim... IMHO.

Maybe the cross helps people realize that no matter what is happening in one's life, to have inner peace and stop the perpetuation of any hate, resentment, and vendictive actions, we must understand our perpetrators do their best and let it go through forgiveness... lest we become 'contaminated' by it too. (Still, ALL must be accountable and responsible for their behavior, Jesus never said he condoned or excused their actions.) Can you see how this is different than your analogy of the man in the electric chair? :shrug: Yet, I don't think the cross should be the ONLY symbol! I like the fish, which I think stands for spiritual perserverance... and the dove, which I think stands for spiritual freedom.

Hey, I liked these subsequent posts in regards to yours, for me. :HaHa: I appreciate the 'hearts' from which it's coming. I DO like you all a lot, even if you don't agree with me!

Can you see how this is different than your analogy of the man in the electric chair?  :shrug: Yet, I don't think the cross should be the ONLY symbol! I like the fish, which I think stands for spiritual perserverance... and the dove, which I think stands for spiritual freedom. 

Hey, I liked these subsequent posts in regards to yours, for me.  :HaHa:   I appreciate the 'hearts' from which it's coming. I DO like you all a lot, even if you don't agree with me!

Yes, it is different from the analogy of the electric chair, and it doesn't answer the analogy of the electric chair or hanging or being drawn & quartered either.

And the fish symbol was also stolen from the pagans in an attempt to repress women and their sexuality. Glad you like it. :)

I dig you Amanda, you're a conundrum & deist wrapped in Christian clothing, but I do like you.

And the game "hangman" would be considered sacriligious,

Or a spiritual exercise! Glory!

And maybe there'd be little metal nooses on Xtians cars instead of fishies.

Or a spiritual exercise! Glory!

And maybe there'd be little metal nooses on Xtians cars instead of fishies.

I submitted the Fork as a symbol for the Flying Spaghetti Monster. It makes all sense, doesn't it. The Fork as the symbol for reconciliation and salvation by the FSM.

I submitted the Fork as a symbol for the Flying Spaghetti Monster. It makes all sense, doesn't it. The Fork as the symbol for reconciliation and salvation by the FSM.

The spaghetti monster is a total rip off from the noodle monster which is an earlier god that gave us chow mien. Some could not climb the priestly ladder because they could not use chop sticks, hence the fork. So they reinvented the religion and had to move to Italy were the heretical noodlism was later heavily influenced by paganistic meatballs and sauce. The pagans had many kinds of meatballs and sauces that they revered and the noodlists borrowed from them,( because the meat balls and sauces were so tasty) and that is how the spaghetti monster came to be.

And the fish symbol was also stolen from the pagans in an attempt to repress women and their sexuality. Glad you like it. :)

Eponymic... Wow, that's interesting! I had read somewhere from a Buddhist book that it was a symbol of spiritual perserverance. Since, I believe Jesus spent a lot of time in India with the Buddhist, and I see a lot of Buddhist teachings in the teachings of Jesus... I just made the same association to the fish.

However, in order to void any confusion of the matter... maybe I'll just stick to the cross necklace... :shrug:

You do know I'm kidding...

No.  How does the method of execution have anything to do with the message?

Madame M, by representing the DEGREE he willingly went through, in demonstrating how adhering to this message is therefore liberating for anyone's situation?

C'mon, guys. You know Jesus specifically fucked up to gain crucifixion, knowing that in 2,000 years he'd be giving rap stars an excuse for religious bling bling.

I would think that to pay for our sins jesus would have to pay just as much as we would have to pay, permenent death or eternal flames depending on your belief about hell.

You ask me how I know the FSM lives, he lives within my stomach.

And then you get anointed with the Holy Sauce, and Speak in Burps.

It looks like this topic is almost threw.

The subject is so threw that we soon will throw up, spaghetti and all...

You all scared away another spelling challenged christian who had been led by god to save our pitiful asses from hell?

tsk tsk

With all these hit and runs lets ignore new topics from xians until they are here for at least a month. Make 'em work for it for a change.

PR

Why do you guys spend so much time trying to disprove Christianity? Were you attacked by a group of roving Methodists? Did a Lutheran motorcycle gang run you off the road? Were you kidnapped by Catholic terrorists and held for ransom? Did a Presbyterian drop a casserole on your foot?

I'm replying to this before reading the rest of the posts. So someone may have already commented.

I do not spend my time trying to disprove Christianity. I do not hate Christians. I still call myself one. But since you asked!

I was a vulnerable child from a poor and dysfunctional family. I thought that church and Sunday school was a refuge where people cared about me.

They offered me a free holiday and took me away for a week of indoctrination. They used emotional blackmail to elicit a conversion prayer from me. Coming from a dysfunctional family I took promises and loyalty very seriously. Thereafter I was hooked and exploited and made to do things I did not want to. I was very unhappy and did not know how to escape. My refuge became a trap.

Eventually I left for university. During my first vacation I felt physically sick at the thought of even entering the building. I never set foot inside it again. I did however remain a devout Christian, trying to make it work. Not all Christians are like those people but too many are. I have not been helped to grow as a person by most of the churches I have belonged to. There have been some individual Christians who have been exceptions to that. I have grown and learnt in spite of, not because of the Christian Church.

I have spent most of my life feeling insecure and worthless. I had to spend the rest of my life paying back Jesus who died for me. I had no worth of my own. Every good thing I did was due to Jesus. Every bad thing I did was my own fault! I had to love everybody in the whole wide world except for myself.

It is only since I had counselling after a particularly difficult period of my life that I began to realise all of this. (The counsellor in no way suggested this to me. She just treated me as if I was worth something. This was the first time in my life that I recall being treated consistently this way. It never happened in church.)

Well, you asked! And I am sure my story is pretty tame in comparison with some of the things other people here have suffered at the hands of Christians.

PS. Seems as if my testimony is coming out piecemeal, folks!