Goodbye Jesus

What Is Your Problem With Christianity?

Wind Walker

Jesus wasn't first to be resurrected either. So Christians, what's the big deal?

He was the first to be resurrected by God and never to die again.

Hello and welcome, amazed. It looks like you've come hear in search of discussion and you will find us happy to oblige. I may even jump in myself at some point.

We've had quite a few Christians leave here with hurt feelings, though, so for your sake as well as ours I want to ask you to be sure you reallly want to discuss with us before you dive in. You joined yesterday, so I assume you've done some reading. Are you thick-skinned enough to handle it when you're involved in what you've seen? For example, in all likelihood you probably won't tell us anything we haven't heard before. Chances are, people will tell you that. And because they've heard it before, they'll have their arguments ready. They will dissect every argument you make, sometimes brutally. We debate hard in here, even among ourselves; it helps clarify our thinking. But I know that that can be hard for some people to take, especially as the odd one out, which as a Christian here you undoubtably are.

In any case, welcome! I hope this can turn into a good discussion, I just wanted you to go in with your eyes open.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wind Walker

• Ouroboros

• NotBlinded

• Shyone

Jesus wasn't first to be resurrected either. So Christians, what's the big deal?

No, he wasn't.

Lazarus was before Jesus. Elijah and Elisha resurrected people for a penny. Other figures were resurrected in earlier religious beliefs, Horus for instance. So Jesus was not the first one.

If you would argue that Horus wasn't a real God and never existed, well, neither did Jesus.

If resurrection to a God in a story makes the story true, then Horus is just as true as Jesus, or Jesus as false as Horus.

Elija and Enoch didn't even have to be resurrected but went bodily straight to heaven, so they kicked Jeebus' ass in the coolness department. Maybe xtians should be Elijians or Enochians.

Which goes to show that the story of Jesus is not only rewritten mythology, but the story also has midrash.