Goodbye Jesus

Question For Amazed

Vigile

there must be a place for those who totally reject God.

Why? Why can't God just let us cease to exist, then? Why torture us for eternity, and watch too? That's what the scriptures say, don't they? Bring my enemies and kill them in front of me? So our smoke of torment can ascend forever, a pleasing offering to God's nostrils?

Why, in God's infinite loving mercy, must he torture for eternity, the vast majority of all people who ever lived?

Here is your God. Can I call you Bill?

I wonder, Amazed, are you a Jehovah's Witness?

No. Jehovah Witnesses don't believe in annhilation if I remember correctly.

They're really into this hell stuff. And why are you so doggedly determined to make your point on this forum? Is it because your particular flavour of Christianity gives you brownie points for trying to convert the apostate, more points if you can show you were abused in your attempts?

No one is forcing anyone to be here. If it gets to hot for you here you may not want to stay.

Listen Bill, I was trolling the Internet when it was just the local BBS, and I've been hearing hellfire sermons since I was in kindergarten, so nothing you can say will make me hot in the slightest, unless it's a warm spot in my pants from peeing myself laughing.

And Jehovah's Witnesses do believe in annihilation, the total destruction of the soul. But they're also behind a lot of the fire and brimstone prophecy meetings making the rounds lately.

Hmmm, are you a Seventh Day Adventist then? No, they also believe in annihilation. So, you're a good ol' Southern Baptist then? Come on, give us a hint!

Let me ask again: Why, in God's infinite loving mercy, must he torture for eternity, the vast majority of all people who ever lived?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• Vigile

• bdp

• RankStranger

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If it is true that my rejection of Allah results in my going to hell then i can't change that fact. I could be wrong about Allah but i have no reason to think so in light of what Christ taught. Jehovah is justified in doing what He does because He is God. If the Bible is right about who the true God is (Jehovah) then my not believing it does not change that. I think the evidence for the God of the Bible is superior to any other book. I certainly believe that Christ did reveal Him to mankind and we will be held accountable.

What do you think?

Gwenmead beat me to the punch: If you're wrong, then the teaching of Christ are IRRELEVANT. Only the teaching of Muhammad matter. They're readily available to you, and you chose to ignore them. Therefore, you very well might have rejected the one true god of Allah.

And if that's the case, then would Allah be justified in casting you into eternal torture simply because you found the (hypothetically untrue) teachings of Jesus convincing?

I'm asking about a hypothetical One True God of Allah. Would it be Just™ and Good™ for you to be tortured forever, simply for being incorrect?

there must be a place for those who totally reject God.

Why? Why can't God just let us cease to exist, then? Why torture us for eternity, and watch too? That's what the scriptures say, don't they? Bring my enemies and kill them in front of me? So our smoke of torment can ascend forever, a pleasing offering to God's nostrils?

Why, in God's infinite loving mercy, must he torture for eternity, the vast majority of all people who ever lived?

Here is your God. Can I call you Bill?

I wonder, Amazed, are you a Jehovah's Witness?

No. Jehovah Witnesses don't believe in annhilation if I remember correctly.

They're really into this hell stuff. And why are you so doggedly determined to make your point on this forum? Is it because your particular flavour of Christianity gives you brownie points for trying to convert the apostate, more points if you can show you were abused in your attempts?

No one is forcing anyone to be here. If it gets to hot for you here you may not want to stay.

Listen Bill, I was trolling the Internet when it was just the local BBS, and I've been hearing hellfire sermons since I was in kindergarten, so nothing you can say will make me hot in the slightest, unless it's a warm spot in my pants from peeing myself laughing.

And Jehovah's Witnesses do believe in annihilation, the total destruction of the soul. But they're also behind a lot of the fire and brimstone prophecy meetings making the rounds lately.

Hmmm, are you a Seventh Day Adventist then? No, they also believe in annihilation. So, you're a good ol' Southern Baptist then? Come on, give us a hint!

Let me ask again: Why, in God's infinite loving mercy, must he torture for eternity, the vast majority of all people who ever lived?

I'm going to speculate on this a bit. I think it has to do with our natures. I think all of us are affected in this life in our natures the kind of beings we will ultimately become. Either in our nature will be for heaven or hell. The choices we make on a daily basis are either for heaven or hell in some way. The best choice and the foundation for heaven is Christ. Once His Spirit unites with ours our new life begins. If you don't possess this then you are dead and your nature will evenually lead to hell.

If it is true that my rejection of Allah results in my going to hell then i can't change that fact. I could be wrong about Allah but i have no reason to think so in light of what Christ taught. Jehovah is justified in doing what He does because He is God. If the Bible is right about who the true God is (Jehovah) then my not believing it does not change that. I think the evidence for the God of the Bible is superior to any other book. I certainly believe that Christ did reveal Him to mankind and we will be held accountable.

What do you think?

Gwenmead beat me to the punch: If you're wrong, then the teaching of Christ are IRRELEVANT. Only the teaching of Muhammad matter. They're readily available to you, and you chose to ignore them. Therefore, you very well might have rejected the one true god of Allah.

And if that's the case, then would Allah be justified in casting you into eternal torture simply because you found the (hypothetically untrue) teachings of Jesus convincing?

I'm asking about a hypothetical One True God of Allah. Would it be Just™ and Good™ for you to be tortured forever, simply for being incorrect?

In Christianity its not just about being incorrect but about a nature that is totally opposed to God. This person to varying degrees is in rebellion against a holy and just God. People don't get better in hell and become fit for heaven and that's why its fixed and eternal.

What do you think?

How do the teachings of Christ have anything to do with whether or not Allah is god?

Islam denies that Christ was God and thereby denies the Trinitarian doctrine.

Guest I Love Dog

What do you think?

In Christianity its not just about being incorrect but about a nature that is totally opposed to God. This person to varying degrees is in rebellion against a holy and just God. People don't get better in hell and become fit for heaven and that's why its fixed and eternal.

Well, first take your god, Yahweh(Jehovah). A mythical invention of illiterate and barbarian Hebrew nomads, based on even older gods. Christians and all other god-followers are too egocentric to question and research the origins of the nasty old person who has no "just" qualities at all, just a reflection of the peasants who invented him.

Heaven and hell are also inventions of the delusional.

Basically, I never believe in the doctrine of Hell anymore. Or if there is Hell, then I would rather go there with most of the rest of the humans on Earth. It boils down to this, it's a scare tactic, and I do not want to be involved in that anymore. Yes, some things you should be scared of, like telling people to have safe sex or you might catch a disease, but telling people to obey or fry, just isn't right.

Here's a question for you, hopefully I'm not going off-topic, but what if there were no consequences for certain sins in the future, like a cure of all sexually transmitted diseases, would it be a sin anymore? I know one of the big arguments is that all "sin" are things that are harmful to us, so God banned them.

Okay. According to Christian doctrine, yes, Allah is not god.

What I want to know is: why does what Christian doctrine says have anything to do with whether or not Allah is god in a real, objective sense?

If Allah is god, then he's god regardless, and all the Christian doctrine of the world won't change that.

I'd say if Allah is god, then we're all screwed here.

What do you think?

Right. And you have a nature right now that is totally opposed to Allah. You're in some degree of rebellion against the holy and just Allah. So would you agree that it's Good and Just to torture you forever IF you it turns out that you're wrong and Allah is the one true god?

Why do you deny Allah? Muhammad's teachings are there for the reading. But you love your own wisdom and/or some "god" that you prefer over Allah- because you're selfish and wicked. Doesn't really matter what you think. You're still going to burn in Muslim Hell. 'Cause you've rebelled against Allah. And you deserve it. Right?

And don't try and tell me that it's because you find the teachings of Christ more convincing. Doesn't matter- that just means that you're relying on your own reasoning, which is wrong. You should rely on the reasoning of Allah and the teachings of Muhammad. Otherwise you're in rebellion. And you'll burn.

What I want to know is: why does what Christian doctrine says have anything to do with whether or not Allah is god in a real, objective sense?

If Allah is god, then he's god regardless, and all the Christian doctrine of the world won't change that.

Christianity says there is only one God and there are no others. Both relgions cannot be right.

Christianity says there is only one God and there are no others. Both relgions cannot be right.

But both can be WRONG.

Christianity says there is only one God and there are no others.

Islam says there is only one God, and he is not triune, and there are no others.

Both relgions cannot be right.

That's right. Islam is more likely the right one, since it doesn't have some deceptive and disguised version of polytheism like Christianity does.

Sure. But both could be wrong. So how does what Xianity says determine whether Islam is correct in a real, objective sense?

By the way, you haven't answered Rank Stranger's question. Is Allah justified in sending you to eternal hellfire for not believing in him?

But both can be WRONG.

Yes and something else could be true. We need to look at the evidence for each.

What do you think?

Right. And you have a nature right now that is totally opposed to Allah. You're in some degree of rebellion against the holy and just Allah. So would you agree that it's Good and Just to torture you forever IF you it turns out that you're wrong and Allah is the one true god?

Why do you deny Allah? Muhammad's teachings are there for the reading. But you love your own wisdom and/or some "god" that you prefer over Allah- because you're selfish and wicked. Doesn't really matter what you think. You're still going to burn in Muslim Hell. 'Cause you've rebelled against Allah. And you deserve it. Right?

And don't try and tell me that it's because you find the teachings of Christ more convincing. Doesn't matter- that just means that you're relying on your own reasoning, which is wrong. You should rely on the reasoning of Allah and the teachings of Muhammad. Otherwise you're in rebellion. And you'll burn.

I deny Islam because it does not have Christ. When you have God in the flesh as your founder then all other bets are off.

I deny Islam because it does not have Christ. When you have God in the flesh as your founder then all other bets are off.

But Allah went to Heaven and talked to God directly.

And Jesus was just a prophet.

You're denying Islam because you hate Allah and you want to continue to live in sin in your polytheistic heretic religion. Allah will send you to Hell for not listening to Mohammad.

Yes and something else could be true. We need to look at the evidence for each.

Most of us here did and realized both religions were (are) false.

But you don't have that.

So you say... but I think you're wrong. I don't see any god around here an neither do you... so you know as well as I do that you might BE wrong.

So if you ARE wrong... is it good and just for Allah to send you to burn forever? I mean, you ARE in rebellion against Allah. Mohammad rode a winged horse up and talked to him. Did Jesus have a winged horse?? Noooooooo!

When you have a winged horse, then all bets are off.

I mean, if I saw a winged horse, then I'd be convinced. Wouldn't you?

So you say... but I think you're wrong. I don't see any god around here an neither do you... so you know as well as I do that you might BE wrong.

So if you ARE wrong... is it good and just for Allah to send you to burn forever? I mean, you ARE in rebellion against Allah. Mohammad rode a winged horse up and talked to him. Did Jesus have a winged horse?? NOOOOOO! When you have a winged horse, then all bets are off.

Yes. Were all in the same boat with belief. Since we can't know with absolute certainity were left with reason and faith to decide.

Yes, we're all in the same boat. We believe whatever we, to the best of our abilities, conclude to be true. So if WE are wrong (and Allah is god), then is it "right" and "just" for Allah to burn US for all eternity?

I mean... we're in rebellion if we don't believe in Allah and his winged horse. Right?

FYI,

I locked Amazed's account.

Why? Got bored with this waste of bandwidth?

He was kinda fun. I'd like to take him home... and kick him in the nuts.

So if you ARE wrong... is it good and just for Allah to send you to burn forever? I mean, you ARE in rebellion against Allah. Mohammad rode a winged horse up and talked to him. Did Jesus have a winged horse?? NOOOOOO! When you have a winged horse, then all bets are off.

Yes. Were all in the same boat with belief. Since we can't know with absolute certainity were left with reason and faith to decide.

.... your last comment has NICELY summed everything up! Taken 400 odd posts for you to get there!

.... were left with reason and faith to decide.

.... Reason is what Atheists use .... Faith is what Xtians use .... Fortunately reason wins hands down every time!! :-)