Goodbye Jesus

'nasa' Films A 'ufo' That Has Been Shot Down As It Falls To Earth.

Major Tom

Rank,

Trust no one.

That's the obvious rule number one in my books.

The idea is to throw ideas out there and see what sticks. No harm in doing that... sometimes you find golden nuggets when you shake the pan long enough.

IMHO, speculations are essential... and sometimes your brain falls out lmao_99.gif

But seriously, to claim that humanity with its 4000 year old skills is the best of the best of the best in a 14 billion year old universe is pretentious to the max lmao_99.gif

As an ignostic with a bit of time on his hands and in search of a definition for WTF is a god. Its natural for me to point my judgemental fingers at a bunch of critters (with God-like abilities) that came here 2000 years ago to turn this planet into a religious circus lmao_99.gif

Goodbye Jesus
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Outback Jack

• Neon Genesis

• REBOOT

• qec

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But many astronauts are suddenly nuts

And Micheal Behe is a biologist who believes in intelligence design. I'm sure Micheal Behe is sane in his everyday life but just because he's a biologist and he might be sane in every day life doesn't suddenly prove that intelligent design is real. This is just an argument from authority and I think those are hardly evidence.

The best cases have their origin in the military. Malmstrom, Rendlesham forest... etc. Cases that involved multiple witnesses.

Rendlesham forest has already been debunked as a lighthouse: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendlesham_Forest_incident#Scepticism

Rendlesham forest has already been debunked as a lighthouse: http://en.wikipedia....dent#Scepticism

Tell that to Nick Pope, former UK minister of defense:

There are various sceptical theories for what was seen, the most prevalent one being that the various witnesses were somehow misled by the beam from Orfordness lighthouse, shining through the trees. "If the USAF really are capable of hallucinations induced by a lighthouse which must surely be familiar to them, then I shudder for that powerful finger which lies upon so many triggers," remarked Ralph Noyes, a former MOD Under Secretary who took a close interest in the case after his retirement. Charles Halt’s reaction to the theory was blunter. “Lighthouses don’t fly,” he said. Ralph Noyes was not the only senior figure to take an interest in the case. Former Chief of the Defence Staff Lord Hill-Norton corresponded with the Department extensively about the incident, and tabled a number of Parliamentary Questions in the House of Lords.

http://rendlesham-incident.co.uk/nick-popes-rendlesham-focus-article.php

I propose that these individuals be taken to court under the pretense that they are misleading the public ;)

This case has not been debunked is still UK's Roswell.

RendleshamUFOsymbols.jpg

Man these are strange symbols on the light house lmao_99.gif

Charles Halt’s reaction to the theory was blunter. “Lighthouses don’t fly,” he said.

Quoted from the Wikipedia article
To give further pause to accepting the alleged UFO sighting, a meteor "almost as bright as the full Moon" was spotted over southern England at exactly the time of the initial reports of a bright object "landing" in the forest, according to Dr John Mason, who collects reports of meteor sightings for the British Astronomical Association.

I think the telltale sign is that they saw the alleged UFO, but not the lighthouse. How come they missed the lighthouse every five seconds, while noticing the UFO every five seconds? It seems extremely plausible that they saw the five second interval light from the lighthouse, and not the five second interval from a UFO while the lighthouse was magically turned off.

The little I read from the story, it reminds me of the joke with the idiot who was helping his buddy to check if the turning signals worked or not. "Now it's working, now it's not. Now it's working, now it's not..."

I think the telltale sign is that they saw the alleged UFO, but not the lighthouse. How come they missed the lighthouse every five seconds, while noticing the UFO every five seconds? It seems extremely plausible that they saw the five second interval light from the lighthouse, and not the five second interval from a UFO while the lighthouse was magically turned off.

The little I read from the story, it reminds me of the joke with the idiot who was helping his buddy to check if the turning signals worked or not. "Now it's working, now it's not. Now it's working, now it's not..."

Like I said.... send the case to court. With all the witnesses, accounts from different points of observation.

Holt touched the craft and took notes (symbols) and recorded (sound tape) during the entire close encounter. While a witness watched from behind.

This is a very complex event. IMHO, it will never go to court until all witnesses have passed on ;)

If you want UFO sightings, I think this one is more interesting: http://www.ufoevidence.org/photographs/section/recent/Photo411.htm

The pictures are extremely clear. No blurry pictures taken through a window with reflections. But... Photoshop anyone? Or maybe not... If they're aliens, they have very small ships.

If you want UFO sightings, I think this one is more interesting: http://www.ufoeviden...nt/Photo411.htm

The pictures are extremely clear. No blurry pictures taken through a window with reflections. But... Photoshop anyone? Or maybe not... If they're aliens, they have very small ships.

Very clear pictures indeed. Could be a hoax, could be man-made, could be an alien drone doing surveillance, could be Photoshop... etc.

What you need is a repeat observation of the same craft over time and in different locations all over the planet.

A picture alone is worthless.... but interesting. And the story is compelling.

You have to build a credible case over time and establish patterns. (That's what the National Press Club participants were trying to do... the sane ones at least)

Ultimately our detection technologies should be able to track these things and determine if the behavior falls under current human capabilities or not wink.gif (I think they already do.... Radar)

Like I said.... send the case to court. With all the witnesses, accounts from different points of observation.

Or you could try to win Randi's million.

It looks like that video of balloon boy to me. Not to say it's that, but I mean it looks like the same kind of craft to me. This is still the greatest hoax everz: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morristown_UFO

Or you could try to win Randi's million.

Randi's million is about paranormal phenomena.

My case is much simpler and would only be to prove that trained soldiers stationed at Rendlesham were able to distinguish between a lighthouse and an alien craft at close range wink.gif

Buzz Aldrin halucinates in space

Quoted from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buzz_Aldrin#UFO_claims
Aldrin told David Morrison, an NAI Senior Scientist, that the documentary cut the crew's conclusion that they were probably seeing one of four detached spacecraft adapter panels. Their S-IVB upper stage was 6,000 miles away, but the panels were jettisoned before the S-IVB made its separation maneuver so they would closely follow the Apollo 11 spacecraft until its first midcourse correction.[34] When Aldrin appeared on The Howard Stern Show on August 15, 2007, Stern asked him about the supposed UFO sighting. Aldrin confirmed that there was no such sighting of anything deemed extraterrestrial, and said they were and are "99.9 percent" sure that the object was the detached panel

If you want UFO sightings, I think this one is more interesting: http://www.ufoevidence.org/photographs/section/recent/Photo411.htm

Very definite photoshop. This UFO stuff is all bullshit.

I want to believe, but you people are making it pretty goddamn difficult.

We are all actually aliens and don't want you to believe in us.

My case is much simpler and would only be to prove that trained soldiers stationed at Rendlesham were able to distinguish between a lighthouse and an alien craft at close range

bolding added.

Reboot, you and I have been thru this 'trained' thing before concerning pilots. Do you think that soldiers have any more 'training' in optical illusions that pilots? You used the word. What do you suppose these soldiers "trained" in?

And just because its so timely...

British military cancels its UFO hotline after 50 years of reports

The military explained Friday that more than 50 years of UFO sightings had not revealed any evidence of alien life or threats to the U.K.

Gosh. If only they had talked to those guys from the American base....

My case is much simpler and would only be to prove that trained soldiers stationed at Rendlesham were able to distinguish between a lighthouse and an alien craft at close range

bolding added.

Reboot, you and I have been thru this 'trained' thing before concerning pilots. Do you think that soldiers have any more 'training' in optical illusions that pilots? You used the word. What do you suppose these soldiers "trained" in?

These guys were responsible for security, you'd think they would have a brain large enough to differentiate between a lighthouse and a craft that you have been documenting and touching for half an hour GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

<snicker>

And just because its so timely...

British military cancels its UFO hotline after 50 years of reports

The military explained Friday that more than 50 years of UFO sightings had not revealed any evidence of alien life or threats to the U.K.

Gosh. If only they had talked to those guys from the American base....

There's MUFON if you want to report. (alot cheaper)

Besides, what's the point in investigating if you can't do anything about the phenomena and it is not a perceived threat Wendyshrug.gif . Took 50 years to realize this ?.... fishy lol

There are some private initiatives going up as public ones go down GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Here's a potential new public one...

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_13900666

Denver voters will be asked to create UFO commission

Unfortunately the guy leading this is a quack.

Here's a recently revealed craft that may have accounted for a lot of UFO sightings. 65 feet wing span... amazing !

http://gizmodo.com/5419363/usaf-confirms-new-secret-stealth-plane

500x_kandahar_uav.jpg

Its all about separating 'the signal from the noise' ;)

Reboot, it seems that whenever you bring up information you have to keep apologizing for the kooks. Do you ever get embarrassed by that? Does it ever give you a clue about the rest of the people?

Reboot, it seems that whenever you bring up information you have to keep apologizing for the kooks. Do you ever get embarrassed by that? Does it ever give you a clue about the rest of the people?

This field of investigation is filled with quacks and idiots trying to cash in.

However, if only 1 case has validity... it potentially blows modern physics and human supremacist centric sentiment out of its pretentious orbit.

Here is a web site that's worth consideration (for those interested) ;)

http://www.theparacast.com/forum/

The best high credibility cases involve the military. There's no way all these people are nut cases.... impossible !

Like how Buzz Aldrin wasn't even a UFO believer and denied they ever saw one and that their documentary was cut out of context? Funny how you acepted Aldrin as authoritative when you believed he confirmed your beliefs...

Like how Buzz Aldrin wasn't even a UFO believer and denied they ever saw one and that their documentary was cut out of context? Funny how you acepted Aldrin as authoritative when you believed he confirmed your beliefs...

..... BS !

Aldrin is passionate about space... and he's got his beliefs. Here is one about an alien monolith on phobos (mars moon):

Without proof there is no confirmation ;) ... but he is a definite UFO believer. As for me, I'm just hacking away lmao_99.gif

Again, here is the quote from Aldrin himself on Wikipedia where he denies he's ever believed in UFOs http://en.wikipedia....drin#UFO_claims

Aldrin told David Morrison, an NAI Senior Scientist, that the documentary cut the crew's conclusion that they were probably seeing one of four detached spacecraft adapter panels. Their S-IVB upper stage was 6,000 miles away, but the panels were jettisoned before the S-IVB made its separation maneuver so they would closely follow the Apollo 11 spacecraft until its first midcourse correction.[34] When Aldrin appeared on The Howard Stern Show on August 15, 2007, Stern asked him about the supposed UFO sighting. Aldrin confirmed that there was no such sighting of anything deemed extraterrestrial, and said they were and are "99.9 percent" sure that the object was the detached panel

This field of investigation is filled with quacks and idiots trying to cash in.

However, if only 1 case has validity... it potentially blows modern physics and human supremacist centric sentiment out of its pretentious orbit.

There's no way all these people are nut cases.... impossible !

Just replace UFOs with Jesus and you'll see why you look just like the passing fundies we get here:

This field of [religion] is filled with quacks and idiots trying to cash in.

However, if only 1 [gospel] has validity... it potentially blows modern physics and human supremacist centric sentiment out of its pretentious orbit.

There's no way all these people are nut cases.... impossible !

But you still don't see the similarities, do you?

Yes. There's no way there's lots of crazy people in the military. It's not like that sort of high stress job/environment often causes psychological disorders.

http://www.stormingmedia.us/40/4018/A401893.html

Abstract: This historical study of the nature of war syndromes investigates their essential characteristics by use of war pension files. It looks at randomly-selected populations of UK servicemen and women drawn from the Boer War, World War One, World War Two, Korea, Malaya and the Persian Gulf War. The diagnoses studied include: DAH, effort syndrome, rheumatism, neurasthenia, shell shock, gassed, dyspepsia, psychoneurosis and Gulf-related illness. These war syndromes are related to nature of recruit, rank, type of unit, exposure to combat and other traumatic experiences and to military conduct. Veterans' health records were examined to discover whether war syndromes were related to wounds or other forms of illness acquired during service. In addition, servicemen's attributions are also explored in relation to prevailing health beliefs and advances in medical science. A mortality and morbidity study of randomly- selected veterans from the Boer War and World War One compared samples suffering from DAB and neurasthenia/shell shock with ex-servicemen awarded a pension for minor gunshot wounds. The controls were matched by rank and level of disability.

More info in link.

Yeah, there are no crazy people in the military.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33678801/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Fact is, people in the military are at higher risk for mental disorders, delusion, and other problems because of the nature of their work and environment. I remember there being a lot of severe breakdowns in training. People disappeared all the time and I know there were a lot of psychological discharges.

Respect the service, and understand that the risk they take for their country are not just physical in nature. If anything, they are more prone to hallucinate than your average citizen.

Fighter Pilots and Airmen are actually even more prone due to physical stresses of being in the air. It's a lot more than citizen commuters on commercial air liners deal with. There's pressure changes, G-forces, and all sorts of physical factors that do have an effect on the brain. It can also be cumulative.

So no, military servicemen are not more reliable witnesses than anyone else.

So no, military servicemen are not more reliable witnesses than anyone else.

Seconded.

The same goes for professional pilots of any kind, as well.

Oh! The same goes for astronauts, as well. This guy seems to believe in all sorts of kook shit. (And, yes, REBOOT sited him in post #12)

ETA: I was just digging into my own link and learned more about The Institute of Noetic Sciences that was co-founded by Edgar Mitchell. I love this line,

The presence of divinity became almost palpable, and I knew that life in the universe was not just an accident based on random processes ... The knowledge came to me directly