Goodbye Jesus

'nasa' Films A 'ufo' That Has Been Shot Down As It Falls To Earth.

Major Tom

But again, if they admit their memory is faulty, how can we trust their memory as reliable proof of aliens?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Outback Jack

• Neon Genesis

• REBOOT

• qec

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The descriptions of the beings and inside the craft are also remarkably similar.

Yeah, probably because St. David Jacobs implanted the same fucking false memory in the head of every one of his abductee "patients".

What swine.

How are you so sure he has done just that? I've read his books and it appears he has gone all out of his way to be honest and factual with what he does. And why call him St. David Jacobs? I really don't understand the animosity toward the interest in the subject of UFOs and alleged alien abduction phenomena. I've been interested in this subject since I was 5 years old. It has nothing to do with religious beliefs whatsoever. Scientists know that there has to be intelligent life somewhere in the universe based on how many thousands of planets and stars there are, so from there we can ponder whether or not some form alien life has visited this planet.

Asking for more evidence than just personal subjective experience and vague youtube video clips is not animosity if that's the only evidence UFOoligists have anymore than it's not animosity to ask creationists for more evidence than just their personal subjective experiences and holy books. I personally would love it if it was proven that UFOs exist and they have been to Earth. It would be the milestone scientific discovery of the century and completely revolutionize science. Who wouldn't love it if aliens were real? But whether this doctor is being sincere or not, you should know from the "testimony" of fundamentalist Christians who believe they've had personal experiences with the Holy Spirit how unreliable personal experiences can be. If you read the testimonies of evangelical Christians, their conversion experiences also contain constistent themes. Like there's always this consistent theme about how their life was broken and full of despair before they prayed for Jesus to enter their heart and then their life was miraculously improved, but that doesn't mean their experience was supernatural even if they sincerely believe it, does it? If personal experiences were the only evidence we needed to prove something, we wouldn't need courts to investigate murder cases; we could just rely solely on the testimony of the suspects and defendants. These alien aductees even admit themselves that their memory is faulty, so again, even if we presume they really were abducted by aliens, how can we trust their memories to provide reliable testimony of their experience if they admit their memory is faulty whether because of the aliens or a less phenomenal cause?

Soulless, first welcome to ex-C.

I believe there is intelligent life elsewhere in our galaxy. But the whole subject of UFOs is full of charlatans, cranks, and nutjobs.

Don't you expect people to be skeptical?

Here's one of my favorite UFO cases. Scotland has had some of the strangest UFO encounters.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The Livingston UFO Assault - 1979

also known as Dechmont Woods Encounter

by UFO Area

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is one of the strangest Scottish close encounter cases.

Robert Taylor, a well respected forester, employed by the Livingstone Development Corporation had an intriguing encounter with UFO that landed in a small clearing in forest near Livingston, West Lothian in Scotland. It took place on Friday 9th November 1979.

He had left his house with his dog and driven to a plantation near the busy M8 motorway for an inspection. Around 10.30 am, he parked his pick up off a track at the bottom of Dechmont Law, in the vicinity of the motorway and as close as possible to the clearing that was to be inspected. Then he followed a track the rest of the way.

As Bob Taylor rounded a corner he came across a spherical object in a woodland clearing. Approximately 20 feet (6 meters) across and 12 feet high (3.65 meters), the object appeared to be made of a dark-grey metallic material. At times the UFO seemed to be transparent as if trying to disguise itself.

A narrow edge of some kind ran around the outside of the object and some dark patches, which looked like portholes, could be seen on the body of the object.

When Bob Taylor began to approach, the UFO dropped - from its bottom half - two spheres with protruding metal spikes which looked like old naval mines. These two small objects, of which each was approximately three feet wide, were made of the same dark metallic material as the larger object.

Approaching Taylor, the small spheres with legs-like spikes left pattern-like tracks on the ground while rolling towards him. Then grabbed his trousers (tearing them) and began to drag the man along the ground towards the UFO.

Before passing out, Taylor could recall a strange, unpleasant, acrid smell of some kind, and then he lost consciousness. According to the experts he must have been unconscious for about twenty minutes.

After regaining consciousness he heard a hiss-like sound and realized that the UFO was on its way to leave the place. Seconds later it was not longer there.

Lying on the ground he was met of his dog. The animal was barking wildly at him. Taylor himself was unable to walk or even talk properly.

It took time for him to reach his pick-up truck as he was forced to crawl some 90 yards ( 82 meters) to it. He desperately tried to leave the area of incident but only stuck in the mud and was forced to leave his car and walk over a mile back to his home.

He suffered a frontal headache for hours and the next two days he was very thirsty. At home he could still taste the smell and he had a pain in his chin and felt sick.

Authorities investigated the site of incident and looked for evidence. Marks were found on the ground in the clearing confirming those Bob Taylor described earlier.

Also the grooves caused by some object weighing several tones were detected. The photographs of them were taken and analyzed carefully. Taylor's clothes were sent for forensic examination which revealed tears in the trousers. (This is Ben butting in here....Forensic examination confirmed that the 'tears' in the trousers were of a type comensurate with being picked up and held so that the person's body weight was pulling down on them toward the ground)

In this way Taylor's official statement was confirmed once again.

There were many questions regarding this strange case, but one of them was particularly puzzling.

Namely: How this vehicle or whatever it was had arrived to the clearing.

The forestry equipment used in the area was checked. None of it had tracks that matched those found in the area of

No evidence was found of any helicopter traffic in the region that particular day, or even the day before. A search of the area around the clearing was made in order to see if there were signs of any mobile crane that might have been used to lower something into the ground. The ground in the place of incident was soft but no signs of the tracks having come from somewhere or having gone anywhere could be discovered.

Simply nothing was found.

Could be the mysterious object be man-made? If so who could be this local manufacturer of the object. Results of this investigation were again negative as there appeared to be impossible to find any manufacturer in the vicinity.

How did the object get there?

It is possible to understand that the encounter itself could not have been seen because of the trees obscuring the view of the site of the incident.

However any object flying above the trees to the clearing would almost definitely have come to somebody's attention. Perhaps another possibility could exist..

Could this flying object possibly emerge in the clearing in some other way? If so then how??

The investigation gave no indication of how the object had landed and from where.

But the fact still remains that the tracks, found in the area of incident, were made by "something" that was heavy and solid. This "something" had come vertically downward... and then had rested upon the ground which caused the above mentioned tracks.

There were also made many attempts to debunk this UFO incident but no natural explanation for this case was ever found. All possible theories like ball lightning, an epileptic seizure induced hallucination to refracted pseudo images of the planet Venus were proposed but definitely ruled out by experts.

Something heavy, mysterious and extraordinary did land in the clearing in forest near Livingston, West Lothian in Scotland.

This "something" assaulted Robert Taylor and then ... simply vanished.

Robert Taylor's close encounter case is certainly one of the most known cases in Great Britain.

The case is not only intriguing but also ...unexplained.!

Many strange things occur in Scotland and there are many local UFO cases which remain unsolved and perhaps will never be...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ben here again...hope that didn't bore you. I think its one of the finest cases ever recorded. I would also say this...Livingston falls within the famous Bonnybridge sightings area in Scotland (Where more sightings of UFO's are seen than anywhere in the world).

And I listened to the pseudoscience podcast. I agree with what was said for the most part, but I can't keep myself away from reading about UFO encounters and alleged alien abductions as a result of being so fascinated by the subject.

Like in the Livingston, Scotland case of 1979, many alleged landing sites of UFOs in Scotland have proven to be radioactive. When Arthur C Clarke investigated for his TV Series he brought in some scientists to the scene and to their astonishment the area where Bob Taylor said the 'machine' was, was found to be highly radioactive. It just added that little bit more that I needed to be convinced that something was going on here.

Here's an interesting lecture by a man who has spent 27 years as a homicide detective and now he is currently a MUFON investigator. He discusses the cases of human mutilation he has come across in his career. Bizarre cases of people's articles of clothing being found 72 feet up in a tree and their blood and body parts seemingly sucked out with some sort of "laser like device." You may have heard of the cattle mutilation cases over the years, but there are human mutilation cases too.

Link:

http://www.physorg.com/news183965163.html

A NASA imageof Stephan’s Quintet, also known as Hickson Compact Group 92 as seen from NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope. As the citizens of Planet Earth strive ever more enthusiastically to reach E.T., some experts say numerous messages zipping through the cosmos are confusing or little more than space spam.

In 2008, NASA beamed the Beatles song "Across the Universe" into deep space, sending a message of peace to any extraterrestrial who happens to be in the region of Polaris, also called the North Star, in 2439.

"Amazing! Well done, NASA!" Paul McCartney said. "Send my love to the aliens."

Who could argue with such a well-meaning, positive initiative?

Quite a few, actually.

As the citizens of Planet Earth strive ever more enthusiastically to reach E.T., some experts say numerous messages zipping through the cosmos are confusing or little more than space spam.

Others ask who has the right to represent our world to the galaxy -- or question the wisdom of bellowing out our presence in what may be a hostile neighbourhood.

"A lot of the stuff is very responsible, but I do wonder about some of the other stuff that's being transmitted," Albert Harrison, a professor of social psychology at the University of California at Davis, said at a conference at the Royal Society in London on Monday.

"There's pictures of celebrities, of two political candidates -- one identified as good, the other identified as evil -- snack-food commercials, love letters to rock stars and so on."

He added: "When you start broadcasting and drawing attention to yourself, you have to be very cautious about the image you give. We might appear as a threat to them.

"We don't know what will be made of these messages and it could be years and years before we find out."

The thirst for contact with alien civilisations has a long history.

The US probes Pioneer 10 and 11, launched in 1972 and 1973, bear plaques of a naked man and woman and symbols seeking to convey the positions of the Earth and the Sun.

Voyager 1 and 2, launched in 1977 and now on the outer fringes of the Solar System, each carry a gold-plated copper phonogram disk with recordings of sounds and images on Earth.

But, relative to the vast distances of interstellar space, these four scouts are crawling along.

It will take around 40,000 years for Voyager 1, the most distant man-made object in space, to get anywhere close to a star.

No-one knows if there is any intelligent life there to pick up the time capsule... or whether our species will still be around to get a reply.

As a result, the electromagnetic spectrum offers a far quicker channel.

For the last 50 years, enthusiasts have been listening out for signals, discernible in the background noise of space, that might point to another civilisation.

Apart from a couple of brief, intriguing events, nothing has really shown up, which has prompted the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI) to shift more and more from "passive" to "active" mode.

We are already spewing out diffuse signals through TV and radio broadcasts that pass through the ionosphere.

With "active SETI", the idea is to use powerful radio astronomy transmitters to beam out to interesting stars or extrasolar planets in the hope of eventually hitting paydirt. The transmitters are operated by space agencies or institutions, which in some cases are paid for the service.

Projects have included a tiny 1,679-bit message beamed in 1974 to star M13, 25,000 light years away; two "Cosmic Calls" in 1999 and 2003; a 2006 TV show by the Franco-German channel ARTE which beamed messages from the public to the star Errai, 45 light years distant; and a "Message from Earth" to a planet orbiting the star Gliese 581, incorporating contributions from users of social networking site Bebo.

If they exist -- and if they are able to figure out the messages -- alien civilisations are in for a smorgasbord of human culture.

Messages range from the earnest and the philosophical to the cerebral, such as an "Interstellar Rosetta Stone" of symbols that give information about Earth and Homo sapiens.

The missives include the jokey: "Please send money. Any kind of money. Universal money is OK. Alien currency OK. Meteorites are good. Gold, Moon rocks, space junk also good. Send to: Maura, Planet Earth."

And there is the political: an image of George W. Bush as the personification of evil, juxtaposed against Barack Obama as the embodiment of good, sent out by "X-Files" actress Gillian Anderson.

Any life forms at Epsilon Eridani and Tau Ceti, meanwhile, will receive recordings of the vaginal contractions of ballerinas with the Boston Ballet, a renegade 1980s art project aimed at giving the galaxy an idea of human conception.

European Space Agency (ESA) astrophysicist Malcolm Fridlund says that in the absence of any evidence so far that extraterrestrial life exists of any kind, active SETI may well be a waste of time.

Even so, he urges caution about drawing attention to ourselves.

"I'm not lying awake at night worrying about the overlords of the galaxy or anything like that," he told AFP, "but when you don't know of anything that's out there, you should maybe be a little careful, you should know something about the (star) system first."

Those who share his concern include the British cosmologist Stephen Hawking, who suggests "we should keep our heads low," given any possibility of encountering a hostile, technologically superior civilisation.

"The risk posed by active SETI is real," the prestigious British journal Nature warned in 2006, in an editorial that unleashed divisions among enthusiasts as to who had the right to be ambassador of Earth.

"It is not obvious that all extraterrestrial civilizations will be benign -- or that contact with even a benign one would not have serious repercussions for people here on Earth."

© 2010 AFP

What's that old saying...the surest proof that there is intelligent life in the universe is that none of it bothered to contact us.

What's that old saying...the surest proof that there is intelligent life in the universe is that none of it bothered to contact us.

:lmao:

I think it's foolish of us to send out probes, that's my opinion. I think it's even foolish of us to try to do fancy interstellar morse code with laser beams and shit. For all we know we could get fucking wiped out or assimilated as a result of these actions. I tend to be of the opinion that, regarding whatever IS out there (and there probably is stuff out there) we can't take the risk of assuming it will be less ruthless than us. People watch things like Avatar, etc, and get this idea that we are so evil as a race etc. Ehehehe, I don't assume that at all...

I think the human race needs to focus on doing everything it can to hide it's presence, and I can only wish that those pulling the strings would implement policies that reflect this conviction. In fact I opine that it's rather stupid and reckless not to. Why paint a giant cosmic bullseye? I mean, if we wanted to be funny about it we may as well flash laser beam morse code with attractive messages like "Lock, Stock and ready for assimilation" or "Come smote us" and "You want fries with that?".

:HaHa: Resistance is futile Quid.

He added: "When you start broadcasting and drawing attention to yourself, you have to be very cautious about the image you give. We might appear as a threat to them.

I think it's more likely they might just think we're nuts.

Absofrigginbeautifulutely.

• 3 weeks later...