Goodbye Jesus

Desperate Christians

Caretaker

There is also a town of Hell in my home state of Michigan. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Michigan

Wow, even made it into the wikepdia online encyclopedia.  :-)

Indeed there is. And there is also a Climax in Michigan, and if you travel a certain way in Michigan, you have to go through Hell to get to Climax. HAR DEE HAR HAR... :grin:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• Amethyst

• Thurisaz

• Lunar Shadow

Indeed there is. And there is also a Climax in Michigan, and if you travel a certain way in Michigan, you have to go through Hell to get to Climax. HAR DEE HAR HAR... :grin:

There's a Moscow, TX north of Houston, but I don't think a dern one o' 'em ever voted Commie.

The "archeological evidence" does justify some of the cities mentioned, but just because certain parts of the bible contain historical data doesn't mean that God exists.

Quite right. If some old cities really having existed means that jebus really lived and really was the son of gawd, then by the same kind of "reasoning" the jews are the mortal enemy of the aryan master race - after all, hitler's accursed book deals with a real country called Germany. :Hmm:

There's also a town called Little Heaven in Delaware.  So I guess Heaven exists, also.  It's just smaller than we thought it would be.

One district of the city of Hildesheim/Germany bears the name "Himmelsthür" (literally: Heaven's gate). Every year before Yuletide, countless children write their wish-letters to Santa Claus at "Himmelsthür" :lmao:

So, what do you know - I've been living damn close to jebus almost my entire life :wicked:

Physicalism (the belief that there is nothing outside of the three dimensional, natural, normal universe... and yes, that there are no miracles) has insisted on putting the burden of proof upon dualists and idealists for a VERY long time now. I think that's a little misguided, and that physicalists should share it equally with the other two. It seems to me, after all, that there is a LOT of intellectual pride in claiming that you can KNOW that there is nothing that ever defies the "laws" of our universe. In fact, IMHO, it seems extremely presumptuous to say "All these myriads of things that have happened which we can't explain are REALLY explainable just by magic tricks and science."

Translated: I believe in fairy tales and if you don't believe my stories it's up to you to prove me wrong. I know you can't so I will continue to prance with fairies in my make believe world and will pitty you because you don't live in my version of reality.

Also: I didn't bother to take the time to learn any science so it is magic and spooky to me. Don't try tricking me with all that voodoo mumbo jumbo.

There's a Moscow, TX north of Houston, but I don't think a dern one o' 'em ever voted Commie.

Moscow Idaho as well. Home of the Vandals (U of I)

Or the "I don't believe in forcing people to convert, I believe in loving them until they convert!" :Wendywhatever:

Same shit, different name.

I don't know, and I know that what I'm about to say is really far out, but these people are so friggin' stupid, that one can almost understand why the Soviets said, "Okay, igmos! No more of that Jesus shit!"

There is a town in Pennsylvania called Intercourse.

I once had a bumpersticker on my car that said: Surf Naked.

"Because I know."

Pastor Dave's answer to: How do you know which Bible version is right, which denomination is right, whether speaking in tongues, demons, the gift of prophecy, holy laughter, and being slain in the spirit are real?

:scratch:

I can't talk to people like that.

"I'm right because I'm older."

"The Spirit told me that you refuse to believe because of sin you are holding onto."

"A group of scientists decided to study the Bible scientifically. EVERY one of them converted to Christianity."

"They have the SHROOOUUUD."

"They FOOOUUUND Noah's ark."

"There are no contradictions in the Bible. NAME one!"

"There are no historical alterations in the doctrine of the Roman (or Eastern) Church. NAME one!"

"Calvinism is just misunderstood."

"Well, there are false prophets in the world too."

There is also a town of Hell in my home state of Michigan. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Michigan

Wow, even made it into the wikepdia online encyclopedia.  :-)

Gol'durnit, the other michiganders beat me too it. *Sighs and drowns my sorrow in faygo redpop, then goes around slapping anyone who calls a shopping cart a buggy*

Anyway, yeah, the willful ignorance of the average fudie is migraine-inducing. I esp. hate the mindgames they try to play on you to try and trip you up. Makes me wanna get violent. And yet, if I bashed in their heads for trying to brainwash me, I'd be the one on trial. I'm still scratching my head over that one.

"I'm right because I'm older."

"The Spirit told me that you refuse to believe because of sin you are holding onto."

"A group of scientists decided to study the Bible scientifically. EVERY one of them converted to Christianity."

"They have the SHROOOUUUD."

"They FOOOUUUND Noah's ark."

"There are no contradictions in the Bible. NAME one!"

"There are no historical alterations in the doctrine of the Roman (or Eastern) Church.  NAME one!"

"Calvinism is just misunderstood."

"Well, there are false prophets in the world too."

I have heard all of thoes GiantBear and I admit that I have used a couple in my Xtian days *hangs head in shame* but its all good I am over it now :):woohoo:

if I bashed in their heads for trying to brainwash me, I'd be the one on trial.

But then, you can hardly be accused of more than damaging non-living things. By the way, striking a fundie head with a baseball bat must produce an interesting sound, no? :wicked:

When confronted with questions about how all animals got onto the ark.

Point1: Too many animals for the space provided, unless they evolved after the flood.

Christian Counter Point 1: "God could have shrunk the animals."

Christian Counter Point 2: "Well they didn't evolve, but they all adapted from one type of cat (Using cat as an example)"

(He claims all humans would be alive still, and still would have been born, if Adam and Eve hadn't sinned.)

Point: Too many people to inhabit the land.

Christian Counter Point 1: "There would be less water because, there would have been no flood, So there'd be more land for people."

Once I pointed out how stupid that was:

Christian Counter Point 2: "God would have let us colonize other planets."

I shit you not, actual answers from a local street preacher.

No, that would have been Sisterdale, once upon a time. Them demn Bolsheviks.

And there's too many idiot Christian stickers around here to remember, though most seem to deal with abortion=wrong, and GWB 2004. Lots of Jesus fishes, too. The one Darwin fish I saw, I immediately congratulated her once she walked into the store. :grin:

When confronted with questions about how all animals got onto the ark.

I remember hearing these answers too.

Point1: Too many animals for the space provided, unless they evolved after the flood.

Christian Counter Point 1: "God could have shrunk the animals."

And they never thought about that a shrunken animal still would have its original weight. The arc still wouldn't be able to hold that weight.

Christian Counter Point 2: "Well they didn't evolve, but they all adapted from one type of cat (Using cat as an example)"

Which makes the Christian look even more stupid, since then they agree to that evolution works!

Which makes the Christian look even more stupid, since then they agree to that evolution works!

I tried pointing that out, he just kept claiming it wasn't actually evolution, since they were still 'cats'

I tried pointing that out, he just kept claiming it wasn't actually evolution, since they were still 'cats'

I know. They alude to that the different subclasses of a species is not a new species, so the cat, lion, leopard, tiger, cougar, lynx etc comes from one Adam/Eve-Cat. I haven't checked into the genetic structure of the different cat classes, but it wouldn't surprise me if they have different numbers of chromosomes, which can't happen according to the creationists.

I know. They alude to that the different subclasses of a species is not a new species, so the cat, lion, leopard, tiger, cougar, lynx etc comes from one Adam/Eve-Cat. I haven't checked into the genetic structure of the different cat classes, but it wouldn't surprise me if they have different numbers of chromosomes, which can't happen according to the creationists.

The next time some fundie tells you that, ask him/her why humans aren't as varied as cats are. Tell them that apes are just as closely related to humans as the lion is to the house cat (more or less, I can't remember) and ask them which person in the Bible gave birth to a chimpanzee. Or maybe Noah was an ape? If so, when did the ape/human split occur?

You don't even have to get into the whole species thing.

If all that "variety" (jebus forbid that they use the dirty "E" word! :lmao: ) took place within some, how long, 4000 years since The Flood™, then this is just how many orders of magnitude faster than any decent scientist thinks evolution took place?!

Yeah, right. Slow scientific evolution is bunk, but superfast jebus-driven evolution (just called by another name) is okay, eh? :pureevil:

I shit you not, actual answers from a local street preacher.

some words of wisdom for him

Don't quit your day job

:HaHa:

You don't even have to get into the whole species thing.

If all that "variety" (jebus forbid that they use the dirty "E" word!  :lmao:   ) took place within some, how long, 4000 years since The Flood, then this is just how many orders of magnitude faster than any decent scientist thinks evolution took place?!

Yeah, right. Slow scientific evolution is bunk, but superfast jebus-driven evolution (just called by another name) is okay, eh? :pureevil:

Sure, either my way or your way, the fundie would be desperately clawing for an answer in a hilarious fashion. :wicked:

• 4 weeks later...

"Lean Not To Your Own Understanding"

Actual Amazon.com book review of Atheism: The Case Against God (Skeptic's Bookshelf).