Goodbye Jesus

Desperate Christians

Caretaker

Pascal's Wager annoys me. The assistant preacher pulled that one at Easter. :nono:

And I hate those "WOULDN'T THAT SUCK" arguments, such as: "If there is no god then life is meaningless!!11one Wouldn't it be awful!?!?!" And this affects the truth of your beliefs HOW? I'm also disappointed that it's time for midterms, but that doesn't change anything.

I'm sure I'll think of more later.

Well, yeah.  Spider-Man takes place in New York.  Does that mean Peter Parker is real?  If so, where the heck is he when we really need him?  Also, there is a real town called Smallville.  I forget where; it just might be in Kansas.  It was named after the town in the Superman comics.  Does that mean Superman is real?  Unfortunately, no.

Yeah, and Gaston Leroux's "The Phantom of the Opera" must be TRUE TOO! For example: "I have the anecdote, which is quite authentic, from M. Pedro Gailhard himself, the late manager of the Opera." And we all know Paris is a real place!! *gaspgasp* [/sarcasm]

Edit:

Oh yeah, Amethyst, that Transformers one was really weird, LOL!

Also, I've never been there, but I've seen it on maps... a place called "Garden of Eden" in Atlantic Canada! :P

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• Amethyst

• Thurisaz

• Lunar Shadow

Yes ...lean not on your own understanding was the one I can asssociate with the most

but the most ridiculous thing xians say to justify their faith is

'sholuumguggalushailalluamisheiala'

If all that "variety" (jebus forbid that they use the dirty "E" word!  :lmao:   ) took place within some, how long, 4000 years since The Flood™, then this is just how many orders of magnitude faster than any decent scientist thinks evolution took place?!
I think we should compile a list of important factors commonly overlooked/ignored by Christians. We could put this on a list which also includes arguments against quote-mining, arguments against the appeal to ignorance, and their complete inability to differentiate prescriptiveness and descriptiveness (the core to the creationist misunderstanding of science).

It's important to point out that Christians don't even accept what they refer to as "macro-evolution", because the real world equivelant of such a process is just way too slow. What they actually believe in something that should be referred to as hyper speciation.

And technically, they don't even have the entire 4000 years from the flood until now for these rapid diversifications. Just looking at ancient writings and artwork, clearly depicting modern cattle, domesticated dogs and cats, lions, tigers, etc. For example, Egyptian culture shouldn't have had depictions of jackles and domestic cats. They should have had far more undeversified representations of canids and felines. The diversification from Noah's ark to the present would have had to have been almost instantaneous. Completely unrealistic.

Some Christians are so desperate to validate Christianity, they will say anything.
The entirety of Jason Gastrich's "scholarly work" is based from this principle. As is pretty much anything posted by Daniel, TJR, Invictus, Jesus Freak, and many of our other cretinist visitors.

The first one that comes to mind, I heard at a lunch this week from a lady whose new mission is to get me back into the fold.

After going over the standard, 'without Jesus, you're going to hell' routine, that of course was surrounded with addendums like 'if you don't believe the Bible is the infallible word of God, you're not a Christian,' I was weary and tired and frankly had numb buns for sitting there as long as I had. So, I replied with a simple, "I just don't buy it anymore." (After awhile, reasons are ignored, so why bother, you know?)

Her answer?

"But what if I'm right!?"

All of the proselytising, pontificating, preaching and of course judging came down to one thing. She just might be right, so I should go for it again. :Doh:

Her answer?

"But what if I'm right!?"

All of the proselytising, pontificating, preaching and of course judging came down to one thing.  She just might be right, so I should go for it again.  :Doh:

Your natural response should've been: "But what if you're wrong? Then you believe in the wrong God and will go to Hell with me!"

This is in my testimony:

I was talking to a Christian friend of mine when I still believed, and I asked him if people who do good on Earth, but don't believe in God still go to Heaven.

His response: No matter how good a person is, they will go to Hell if they do not believe in God.

No matter how hard I tried after that, I couldn't be completely devoted to a God that wouldn't accept good people because they didn't stroke His divine ego.

Your natural response should've been: "But what if you're wrong? Then you believe in the wrong God and will go to Hell with me!"

Actually, that is what I said. :HaHa:

Needless to say, she changed the subject.

Actually, that is what I said.  :HaHa:  

Needless to say, she changed the subject.

And you should have added "I'd love the company! Then we'll talk about your false religion all eternity! Yeehaw!" :HaHa:

And you should have added "I'd love the company! Then we'll talk about your false religion all eternity! Yeehaw!" :HaHa:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Blaming the looting after Katrina on lack of Faith-based education in this country was a new low in my book.

Gee I'm really sorry to report that I have seen , lower yet.

The morning news guy from Philadelphia, wanted to discuss if Katrina was God's punishment. And he asked - Jerry Falwell

and there sat Falwell, handing out answers to his questions

Beverly