Goodbye Jesus

The Good News

Mad_Gerbil

Recently, at the church my brother attends they did a skit:

A white trashy kinda of gal takes to the stage which is set up with a whole lot of shelves and boxes. She begins flipping through the boxes and each one is full of 35mm tapes of her life. Her entire life is recorded on 35mm film.

At first she isn't upset but as she gets to her teenage years sex tapes start showing up and she starts getting upset.

"Oh here is one were Dave and I had sex in the back seat of his car -- did you like watching that one G_d?" And again, "Here is another with Brain and I after the football game at his parents house, I bet you really enjoyed that one didn't you G_d? After all, you tell us not to do this stuff knowing in advance that we are going to do it -- I bet you get a real thrill out of it, doncha G_d?"

Eventually she gets to a box marked "Abortion" and she pulls out one of the reels -- the gal is very angry now -- and she goes over to the single projector in the room and she tells G_d that since he enjoyed watching it so much the first time that she insists they watch it together again. She places the reel into the projector and the click click click of the film can be heard.

The screen is blank -- only whiteness.

And then -- in the background and everyone realizes that all the sin has been washed away and the tapes are all blank -- the voice of a single soloist is heard....

"Amazing grace.. how sweet the sound.. that saved a wretch like me...."

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mad_Gerbil

• Ouroboros

• Amethyst

• crazy-tiger

Eeeh... and? What is your message? :twitch:

Hi MG!  It's been awhile.

I don't understand the skit.  If she was forgiven, as evidenced by the erased abortion tape, then why wasn't she forgiven for having sex, as evidenced by the fact that those tapes weren't blank.  Also, if she is "saved" (by evidence of her forgiveness), then why is God making her review her life anyway.  Isn't she suppsosed to be "covered under the blood" and all her sins remembered no more.  :shrug:

She didn't view any of the other tapes -- the implication is they are all blank and that she was reviewing them herself and not at the command of G_d.

The church my brother attends has a large staff of artists and thespians so they are always doing skits like this -- the whole thing seems so secular but the message they present is so strong that I find myself wishing I lived close enough to attend there. After only hearing of the skit I cried -- if I'd have seen it live I'd of been a mess.

-------------------------

Another favorite skit of mine is where they gave each person in the audience a rock and a scroll and a pen. They then did a skit where they had the woman caught in adultery up on stage and the person playing Christ looks out over the audience and asks each person to record something they've done wrong for which they want forgiveness. In order to do that people all over the auditorium had to drop the rocks in order to write -- so you could hear rocks falling to the floor all over the auditorium -- the message being that we cannot get forgiveness ourselves when we are carrying rocks to stone another.

My understanding is that she wasn't watching each tape, but reading their titles. Then she went to actually watch the abortion tape.

I got the message, MG but I am only responding here to tell you how glad I am to see you. :) It's been too long.

Tap

She has a boyfriend named "Brain"?

What was the good news?

I spell Brian that way for those with Dyslexia.

I'm trying to show compassion for the disabled in the room -- you got a problem with that?

My understanding is that she wasn't watching each tape, but reading their titles. Then she went to actually watch the abortion tape.

I got the message, MG but I am only responding here to tell you how glad I am to see you. :) It's been too long.

Tap

Hiya TAP.

:grin:

She has a boyfriend named "Brain"?

Of course, because he was the only one who had one. :lmao:

What was the good news?

My question too.

I guess an over-exposed film is a miracle. Tell the photographers that. They might understand the miracle better...

But on the other hand:

My good news is that we might get a large customer to my business next week.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

I like the point of the skit...

God will wash all your sins away, but not until he's reminded you of EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM and made you feel like a total shit about your life.

Can't you feel the love...?

Now that's a good point C-T.

Isn't forgivness considered that it's all washed away, and not remembered anymore?

Do we have to dwell in sin to be forgiven? Sounds masochistic to me.

Why is sex a sin?

And where in the Bible does it say abortion is a sin?

So why did God has to wash away those supposed sins?

Did he wash away her sin when she got a hair cut and made it really short?

Did god forgive her when she spoke in Church?

Did god forgive her when she didn't stone her obnoxious boy?

Did god forgive her for eating sushi, shrimp and pork?

Did god forgive her for praying to the cross (carven image)?

Did god forgive her working on the Sabbath?

Did god forgive her for not loving all Christian brothers?

Now that's a good point C-T.

Isn't forgivness considered that it's all washed away, and not remembered anymore?

Do we have to dwell in sin to be forgiven? Sounds masochistic to me.

Not masochistic at all...

God made a record of each and every one of them, and is reminding her of them.

Sadistically abusive fits better... :ugh:

Not masochistic at all...

God made a record of each and every one of them, and is reminding her of them.

Sadistically abusive fits better... :ugh:

I agree that god is sadistic.

But if humans have to remind themself of their sins, it's masochistic, enjoying to give pain to oneself.

Did god forgive her when she didn't stone her obnoxious boy?

Did god forgive her for eating sushi, shrimp and pork?

Did god forgive her for praying to the cross (carven image)?

Did god forgive her working on the Sabbath?

Of course not, since they're not sins any more...

I really want to know... why are the 10 commandments considered valid, while the rest of the laws from the OT are invalid?

A certain pastor I had reason to be talking to recently couldn't answer that one... it was fun to see him stutter as he thought about it. :wicked:

The message is, of course, we're all supposed to be brainwashed and feel guilty cause god is judgemental and will torture you for all of eternity simply because you're not perfect.

:rolleyes:

Who does god answer too? Is another more powerful deity going to give him some grace? Afterall, he's committed far more evils and atrocities and threatens more than the "white trash girl". I'm looking forward to the deity that will set biblegod straight on what true love is.

Ditto. True love is not conditional. True love is not "I'll only love you if you worship me for the rest of your life and do whatever I tell you to do." That is not love, that's psychological abuse.

I agree that god is sadistic.

But if humans have to remind themself of their sins, it's masochistic, enjoying to give pain to oneself.

Yes, but... she's not the one doing the reminding...

Why else would she be angry at God for having all those reels? (apart from him being a peeping tom... :wicked: )

Yes, but... she's not the one doing the reminding...

Why else would she be angry at God for having all those reels? (apart from him being a peeping tom... :wicked: )

You're right. It was the others that showed her the old sins, that is sado-masochism instead. They thrive in the pleasure of giving each other pain. Just like the holy God. GLORY!

Of course not, since they're not sins any more...

I really want to know... why are the 10 commandments considered valid, while the rest of the laws from the OT are invalid?

A certain pastor I had reason to be talking to recently couldn't answer that one... it was fun to see him stutter as he thought about it. :wicked:

These two are from the new testament:

Women are supposed to have long hair and not speak in Church. It's a disgrace to God.

And I wonder too, why the 10 commandments are valid, but not the other 100:s of laws?

I've decided to hold my breath until this thread gets back on topic.

*klunk*

*klunk*

:lmao: Hey, why is the gerbil so blue in his face?

*klunk*

Yep... you're gonna die if you try that. You KNOW that threads go all over the place here. :HaHa:

You mean only 9 of 10 (unless they are true sabbath keepers) plus, the other laws are gone but they keep the tithe one.  Someone, the tithe is more important than not eating pork.

There are 613 laws in the Torah.

Well... if we are gonna insist on all 613 laws being on granite in the courthouse we are gonna have to have a bigger courthouse.

Hey, why is the gerbil so blue in his face?

How small is this gerbil? I bet my gecko would try to eat it.

Yep... you're gonna die if you try that. You KNOW that threads go all over the place here. :HaHa:

Yes... I remember now.

They go all over the place without actually going anywhere.

:grin:

You mean only 9 of 10 (unless they are true sabbath keepers) plus, the other laws are gone but they keep the tithe one.  Someone, the tithe is more important than not eating pork.

There are 613 laws in the Torah.

c0z teh J3zu5 haxx0rd da t0r4h...

I think I've had too much caffine today... :twitch: