Goodbye Jesus

I am pleased

Wotanaz

I think if one could prove atheism (the claim there is no god) false that would prove the opposite -- that there is a god of some sort, wouldn't it?  Proving athiesm wrong wouldn't prove what god unless the revelation of that god was the proof, I suppose.

I see that you got the point. Christian or not, I gladly admit that you have a working brain. :)

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wotanaz

• Ouroboros

• MQTA

• crazy-tiger

:58:   :58:  

:clap:   :clap:   :clap:  

:dance:   :dance:   :dance:

You rock, Wotanaz! Sign me up!

But you must realize, my souls still belongs to "Bob". :shrug:

Fine with me. As long as you are brave in the presence of your foes, your seat (and horn of mead) at my place is waiting for you.

And I've heard it said that many of the Einherjers find my Valkyries... well... not exactly ugly. ;)

I'm I in trouble for being a fan of Fenris?  :Look:

*raises and eyebrow and smiles*

It wont matter, one day Gods Love will overwhelm all people, including you.

Oh well. There are still those who say that Elvis is alive and well, so I'm not surprised to read this.

Actually, Elvis did develop an interesting new style which he practices twice a week in my hall... but that would be the tale of another day.

Ahh. I was waiting for this Wote fella to step in and defend himself.

I'm liking this deity a little bit more now.

Is it too late to reconsider my previous rejection?

Maybe I should get a taste of this "mead" before I make my final decision.

The Bible Phopesies concerning the rebirth of the Nation of Israel are irrefutable evidence of Gods plan for man being on schedule.

And assuming that this is true (it isn't - but Thor thought that the battles of fanatic jews against fanatic muslims might get interesting...), how much of this does it negate?

"There are some standing here which shall not taste death till the Son of Man comes into His kingdom." - Matthew 16.28

Is it too late to reconsider my previous rejection?

I don't set deadlines. Take as much time as you need. ;)

The Bible Phopesies concerning the rebirth of the Nation of Israel are irrefutable evidence of Gods plan for man being on schedule.

The Bible does give us many references about those who refuse to believe even when seeing however.

Peace

It really does

You speak so boldly. Irrefutable you say? There is only one interpretation to this? This betrays your clear predisposition to wanting things to fit. The huge question you should answer is this: "If I learned that the whole Nation of Israel/fulfilled prophesy belief was an error of modern theological interpretation, what would happen to my faith?" If I could show you that it's wrong, would you cease to be a Christian?

For arguments sake, what do you know about the doctrine of dispensationalism? Are you aware that what you are interpreting as fulfilled prophecy was in reality only a recent way of interpreting certain specific passages of scripture? Do you think those passages were interpreted as you think all the way through church history? I know the answer to this. I'm certain you do not; otherwise you would not speak with such absolute confidence.

There is no one single interpretation of the meanings of any ancient piece of literature. The church is, and has always been, wholly inconsistent on the question of prophetic fulfillment, or even what verses are in fact to be considered prophecy. Yours is only one of hundreds, or even thousands of ways of looking at it. Yet to you it is the single, “irrefutable” proof it is true! I see this as only proof of someone’s desperation to prove that an unbelievable mythology is actually real.

Science has all but proven the existence of God. Don’t take my word for it, do your own research. The Big Bang, life starting from nothing, the perfect conditions on this planet to form life, etc.

Look it all up. Don’t just read the half baked theories of posters on this and other similar websites. Actually do some research.

Is there anyone still clinging to the hope of abiogenesis? Do you still believe in an eternal universe?

Slowly but surely, science is beginning to understand the necessity of having God in order to make sense of anything.

Now, if you want to make a joke out of that and say “then they have proven me as God”, feel free.

But understand something, when you realize there is a God, then you must also realize that a time will come when you must confront Him.

I read once that you only learn to live when you learn to die. Death has a way of forcing a person to push out the silly stuff and look for meaning.

I read once that you only learn to live when you learn to die. Death has a way of forcing a person to push out the silly stuff and look for meaning.

I'm ignoring all youre creationism crap. Been there, done that. Not interested in swallowing your regurgitation.....thanks.

As for your quote above.....I feel very sorry for the people who live out that existence. That is depressing. And what do you consider "silly"? Dancing in the rain? Eating snowflakes? Celebrating the sheer joy of being alive? Playing tag....at 30?

Guest Guest_serenitynow_*
But understand something, when you realize there is a God, then you must also realize that a time will come when you must confront Him.

And that god would be? You are a weak and pathetic person Invictus, you cannot "prove" the Christian god is the god if there is one at all. The Judeo/Christian god is given characteristics worse than a man, that in itself is reason enough to disbelieve the bible. As if a higher power would throw temper tantrums, order slaughter of women and children, allow tribes to lurk in the dark and grab a woman they find beautiful, drown to death the entire human race all because it screwed up with creation.... PUHLEEZE..

And, I can say with equal conviction, when you realize that there is no God, you must also realize that a time will come when you must confront your own mortality and inevitable demise.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

Oh, well, better to have bad news that's true than "GOOD NEWS" that isn't.

Science has all but proven the existence of God. Don’t take my word for it, do your own research. The Big Bang, life starting from nothing, the perfect conditions on this planet to form life, etc.

Look it all up. Don’t just read the half baked theories of posters on this and other similar websites.

:lmao:

Oh yeah. We have noticed how you just wipe out Neil or Asimov or Crazy Tiger or Spooky when it comes to arguing science.

Did you think we can't read?

Or did you think we were just too simple to come to a rational conclusion?

Good one, Invictus. Who says christians don't have a sense of humor.

Look it all up. Don’t just read the half baked theories of posters on this and other similar websites. Actually do some research.

Slowly but surely, science is beginning to understand the necessity of having God in order to make sense of anything.

You're joking with me, aren't you? If I did my research in the National Enquirer I might find these scientific discoveries you speak of that confirms God. Outside of that of course, in the real world, your statement has to be taken as outrageous humor, right?

Please use this to look at something: You say that if someone should come to realize there is a god (through the science you speak of, of course), then we need to realize that we must confront Him. Pray tell all of us, how you get from a god, to some sort of personal God, such as the ancient Palestinian deity YHWH?

Am I hearing you have already made conclusions without any evidence? Is that your faith I hearing you speaking? If so, why in the living hell are you wasting all of our time talking to us of scientific proof of God? Faith does not need proof, does it? Why shouldn't you just say what you really should, "I don't care if all the evidence in the world shows everything is natural and doesn't need a God. You need to believe in Him anyway, just because."

Now that's what we hear all the time, but you cover it all up with fabrications of pseudo scientific garbage. Admit it, you don't have anything tangible to offer to us outside your emotional desire that a god exists. We know this already. The discovery to be made here is yours, discovering of the truth that God was made by man, and we are all alone in this vast universe except for each other. Man created God in his own image, and is still doing it today.

We have... that's why we know you're full of shit.
You mean your half-baked theories? You mean websites like Tektonics, AiG, ICR, DrDino....?

Yeah, we do kind of avoid them.

Is there anyone still clinging to the hope of abiogenesis? Do you still believe in an eternal universe?
Is there anyone still clinging to the hope of creation? Do you still believe in an eternal supreme being?

There's more proof for Abiogenesis than for creation... there's more for an eternal universe than for an eternal supreme being...

But you'd know that if you tried doing some research that DIDN'T include the half-baked theories of people who are working way outside their fields and who come to a conclusion, THEN go looking for evidence.

So says who? The 99.99% of all scientists who agree that God is NOT required to make sense of anything?

No... just people like yourself who can't admit that they're wrong...

Now, if you want to make a joke out of that and say “then they have proven me as God”, feel free.
Nope, but you've proven that you fit your group...
Which God?

The homicidal maniac from the OT? The lovey-dovey but homicidal one from the NT? The "get 'em pissed and have a good time" one from Norse mythology? The other homicidal maniac from the Quran? The bigotted, hateful, angry, psychotic one from Pauls letters?

You're going to have to narrow that one down, and hope that you've picked the right one.

Get it wrong, and you're in big trouble. Even if you get it right, you STILL have to worship it in the right way or you're fucked.

2 points here...

1st, that would be one of the major reasons why I'm an Atheist. Dealing with the fact that I will someday die gave me the motivation to remove all stupidity from my beliefs.

2nd, it's all too obvious that you have failed to learn how to live. When you do, I'll read your de-conversion story with interest.

But I won't forego the pleasure of saying "I told you so" :grin:

Oh yeah. We have noticed how you just wipe out Neil or Asimov or Crazy Tiger or Spooky when it comes to arguing science.

He does??

Shit! Why didn't you guys say something?

Did you think we can't read?

I think he gets someone to read the posts out to him... and that he's almost deaf.

That would explain why he never answers properly... he can't hear what we've posted.

Or did you think we were just too simple to come to a rational conclusion?

He is... so everyone MUST be worse him, or he's not going to be able to feel superior.

That would just kill him if he knew the truth. :HaHa::lmao:

Good one, Invictus. Who says christians don't have a sense of humor.

I honestly thought he was being serious... :shrug:

Contradicts the word of YHWH... by Gods law, that would make Jesus a False Prophet.

So, do we go by Gods law, which is unchanging for all eternity, or do we go by what Paul said that Jesus said?If you truely belong to Jesus, then you do NOT follow YHWH... If you truely belong to YHWH, then you will not accept Jesus.

Which do you truely belong to?I really think you need to learn about this... they already know him as more than a righteous man... they believe he was one of YHWH's prophets.Nope... only at the sound of Allahs name.

You don't get it, do you? They have more proof that they are right than you do... Their beliefs are more in line with YHWH's commandments than Christianisms... Overall, they are more likely to be right than you.

Of course, both Jesus and Mohammed fit the description of a false prophet that YHWH foretold would come, which means that YHWH is the true God and all the Christians and Muslims are following a course that's gonna really piss him off.Salvation is never-ending work, but it will come to an end...

For someone who called himself razor, you're not sharp enough to shave the mold off cheese...

Toast

There is only one name under Heaven by which men shall be saved

Jesus!

One day all peoples will come to know this, including Muslims.

I have never seen Israel successfully explained away, by anybody.

The Bottom line is just so easy, No God = No Israel, now as little as 70 years ago Atheists could have argued successfully that there would be no rebirth of the Nation of Israel, because the Bible is not an authority on what is to come because there is no God.

Not anymore.

Peace

Jesus!

The Bottom line is just so easy, No God = No Israel, now as little as 70 years ago Atheists could have argued successfully that there would be no rebirth of the Nation of Israel, because the Bible is not an authority on what is to come because there is no God.

Not anymore.

Peace

seriously, fuck off.

Israel was formed again as a result of a SELF-FULFILLING PROPHECY.

Jesus!

Myth

Jesus!

That Christian dreamworld of yours must be pretty cozy.

Jesus is dead. Nice guy, Jewish reformer, beating a dead horse really, but still nice. And dead. He was human. He was killed for his beliefs. Now he's dead. And your god doesn't exist.

Stop shouting incoherently about Jesus. You sound like a schizophrenic off his meds.

Y'know, I'm glad that I posted my rant this morning. Now that all my anger is spent I was able to laugh at the silliness of Christians in this thread. All is well.

Praise Wotan! (Or is that Chocolate today?)

Y'know, I'm glad that I posted my rant this morning.  Now that all my anger is spent I was able to laugh at the silliness of Christians in this thread.  All is well.

Praise Wotan!  (Or is that Chocolate today?)

Mmmm, uhm, Chocolate. Definitely chocolate. :grin:

Jesus!

Nope... it's YHWH.

Can someone tell me why WE have to show Christians what it says in THEIR holy book?

What, you believe that a false prophet will be accepted as God?

You really need to start thinking about what you believe...

You mean the prophecy that was fulfilled BEFORE it was made? The same prophecy that was "fulfilled" over 2000 years ago?
Sorry, but that argument doesn't work, mainly because the prophecy you refer to also states that Israel will be there forever more... Now, since that hasn't happened yet, the prophecy hasn't been fulfilled. You'll also find that the prophecy refers to Israel as it was, which is quite different to how it is now... again, unfulfilled prophecy. And, so you are under no illusion what's going on, the prophecy that you so love to talk about as proof of God was talking about the broken parts of Israel BACK THEN being reformed. Didn't say a fucking thing about taking parts of various countries and forming them into Israel that only happens to be in the same general area.

Now, that's 3 reasons why that prophecy isn't fulfilled right now. To make it better, when it was "fulfilled" it ended up being a FALSE prophecy since Israel reformed, THEN BROKE UP AGAIN!

It was a false prophecy in the first place, so using it as proof of God now is a waste of your time.

By the way... the argument "No God = No Israel" is a false argument, because God does not equal Israel. Incidentally, if Israel DIDN'T exist, it wouldn't be proof that God doesn't exist because, once again, God does not equal Israel...

I'm getting annoyed at having to explain what mistakes you keep making, only for you to KEEP making those mistakes...

Not anymore.

Peace

Bud... you've got no prophecy to prove anything. Hell, you've got no reason or logic to prove anything, but you keep on trying.

All you're doing is proving that you're ignorant, arrogant and bloody-minded. (oh, and a heretic to boot...)

You know... there's something else that seriously pisses me off...

The way that some people will reply to one of my posts, something that I have spent some time and effort on responding to all the points they have raised, by simply taking a very small part of it and responding to that as though by doing so they have RESPONDED TO ALL THE POINTS THAT I'VE RAISED...

Then they fuck-off on a tangent with the same old shite that's been debunked so many times that we can reel the refutations off in our sleep.

Do they all go to the school of "reel off the same lies until they give up exposing them for the lies they are"?

So, what's your point? In the highly unlikely event that there is one, a person can have 100% certainty that it won't be your God.

No, death has a way of forcing most people to push out reality and embrace theology.