Goodbye Jesus

Hearing The Voice Of Satan

Googledotman

Hearing voices is not so crazy after all: http://news.softpedi...ead-35953.shtml

I doubt that will deter our armchair mental health experts from diagnosing an alleged spiritual experience as insanity.

:lmao:

That's really interesting. I like what this said in that link: "She also added: "It doesn't seem to be hearing voices in itself that causes the problem. What seems to be more important is how people go on to interpret the voices." " That's kind of to the point I made is that how serious or "Gospel Truth" someone takes them. It could just be a feature of the mind, like having an extra finger on each hand. It doesn't need to be some supernatural thing, and may be just the way the mind finds to process.

I took a class in psychology, and one thing I learned that was quite interesting was that most people (not everyone, but many, more than the article suggests) will, at least once, in their lifetime have a auditory hallucination. Doesn't have to be voices, it can be just noises that weren't there.

The term "crazy" is a societal concept and construct, just like morality, norms, and values. Insanity is based on the concept of something being "normal." What is normal? A majority vote?

With that being said, anyone who hears voices should visit a doctor and have it checked out, because it could get worse.

The term "crazy" is a societal concept and construct, just like morality, norms, and values. Insanity is based on the concept of something being "normal." What is normal? A majority vote?

Like pretty much everything in life, this subject is not straightforward or simple. But it seems to be a subject of degrees. I'm pretty sure the bag lady who used to stand outside on the sidewalk in Georgetown holding up incoherent signs of protest along side her 3 shopping carts full of belongings is pretty batshit touched in the head. That, or she's an agent of the secret government agency Division spying on Madeline Albright's visitors.

With that being said, anyone who hears voices should visit a doctor and have it checked out, because it could get worse.

I'm really happy to hear Google.man got himself checked out, got some piece of mind from the doc and most importantly, is positive and happy. That makes me happy.

• 8 months later...

Given your medical history, it may be a good idea to touch base with a therapist if the voice is concerning you. However, what is being said seems to be helpful, not harmful. Generally with illnesses such as yours (as your experience with the ocd commands) auditory hallucinations are generally harmful, dangerous instructions. If you did in fact hear the voice of a supernatural being, I doubt it was 'satan' in the Judeo-Christian sense of the word. Mayb you never even really heard anything, but you're just listening to your soul. I wouldn't worry too much, but if you have other symptoms going on or if the voice wants you to do anything dangerous, I'd seek help. Are you crazy? No. To me, 'crazy' implies completely out of touch with reality. Truely insane people don't question their sanity. They just accept all delusions as reality. Did you have an experience with the supernatural? Only time will tell.

The first time I heard voices, they were telling me to pray to Satan. It was the first time I ended up in a psych ward. Fast-forward a good year, and I'd been diagnosed as bipolar. Yep, voices happen when you have bipolar, too- usually in mania.

I used to hear voices and sometimes music when the fan was running. No one I ever met had ever said they experienced the same thing. Not that I went around asking anyone if they heard this mind you.

I was laying in bed one night trying to make out what the radio announcer was saying, coming from the fan. It was driving me crazy. I shut the fan off and looked it up on the internet. Not really expecting to find a real answer. But I just knew there had to be a scientific explanation. I was sure the fan was not broadcasting the radio, and it truly was not my dental work.

Musical Ear Syndrome (MES)

http://www.hearinglosshelp.com/articles/mes.htm

Someone mentioned this and here is a great explanation of it. I don't hear it all the time, but now I know why it happens.

+1 for science.