Goodbye Jesus

Why Do You Follow A Genocidal God?

Greatest I am

This guy is a fucking nut. If you want to kill an entire race of people because of their race, then so be it. I know I'm never fucking voting republican again, though.

Lol, thanks for the laugh Noggy. You might go look up the defintion of genocide. What you label me with by your definition is only an aspect.

Yeah, when God does it its called "cleansing".

End, are you just having a go with us out of boredom? Sometimes I can't tell.

Mostly

I doubt anyone here thinks the dangers to decent society shouldn't be stopped and punished. It's just my feeling that we should, and probably will, move beyond bloodthirsty revenge as our immediate response. We already see the Abrahamic religions' depictions of genocide and murder of children as abhorrent, and the death penalty is on its way out with only a minority in the world who currently cling to the "give 'em what they got coming" mentality. Civilized nations and many of our states do not mete out a death penalty any longer. That doesn't mean that there aren't people doing bad things who need to be punished and prevented from doing further harm.

What would y'all wish me to say. By my standards, killing children is not consistant with love/nurture changing things. It does speak, though, to the nature of man....and seemingly hinted at in the study the DL provided. So ultimately, I don't have an answer to God killing children other than the different convenants and physical proximity of God to man....and the sovereignty aspect. I can certainly understand wiping away a culture of evil, as we still fight physical and spiritual wars to achieve this today. And, ulitmately, you mentioned hoping that we move towards a maturity that this is not the case....a maturity that Jesus preached.

Wait. You actually believe that genocide can be morally okay? You're not just playing devils advocate?

Morally Ok like the death penalty for cultural deviants?

You can't read the emboldened statement and then follow it with the argument that we can kill people because they have immoral genes... Do you?

I don't have the facts regarding nature/nurture Noggy. When I was younger, I believed that all people are inherently good. Not quite as sure as I used to be then.

http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100511/study-infants-morality-100511/20100511/?hub=EdmontonHome

Regards

DL

Thanks DL......

So let's say the 6-month old is raised in a murderous environment, taught to murder, rape, etc. Now what? They aren't worth killing? Apparently, here is a study that pushes/speculates the age of "knowing" back to 6 months of age. Is the baby going to change without laws/rules? Was God's grace covenant in place at this time? Was there a group of people that God found favor with BECAUSE of the correct morality? Those enslaved?

And two, why do humans enjoy bad more than good? Anyone, even from an evolutionary standpoint, I would like to hear.

I guess that you have not noticed that many of the markers for evil, most notably slavery and violent crimes, are down quite a bit. The world is getting better. Not worse.

Have a look for yourself.

As to your 6 month old rapist, I am not aware of any so cannot comment.

I can tell you though that one of the pre-requisites for a child to be found guilty of a crime or sin, there must be, in secular law, a little thing called mens rea. It means an evil mind or intent.

If you think a 6 month old can have such then we have nothing much to discuss.

Can nurture overcone our natural instinctual tendencies? Of course.

Regards

DL

Yeah, when God does it its called "cleansing".

That's what they call in the South. Bible stories and rednecks are a perfect match.

God doesn't commit crimes. When he violently murders elderly people and babies, encourages rape of little girls, he must have had a good reason. He also has a good reason for not doing anything when a little girl is crying out to him for help when she's being tortured and raped. He's trying to teach her a life lesson.

He's also stopping evil that could have happened.

Hitler, Satlin and the others simply slipped through while he was busy chatting with Jesus about coming a second time.

We should praise God for all the wonderful things he does. Fall prostrate before him, and let him do you up the ass.

God can do what he wants. He is after all God.

It is this or using some other mans woman/Mary, his own mother.

Regards

DL

God doesn't commit crimes. When he violently murders elderly people and babies, encourages rape of little girls, he must have had a good reason. He also has a good reason for not doing anything when a little girl is crying out to him for help when she's being tortured and raped. He's trying to teach her a life lesson.

He's also stopping evil that could have happened.

Hitler, Satlin and the others simply slipped through while he was busy chatting with Jesus about coming a second time.

We should praise God for all the wonderful things he does. Fall prostrate before him, and let him do you up the ass.

God can do what he wants. He is after all God.

It is this or using some other mans woman/Mary, his own mother.

http://imgur.com/a/90sTN

Regards

DL

Sex with animals is a sin. Even fundamentalists know that. The godly thing to do is to kill a tasty young virgin's entire family and then rape her repeatedly. That's obviously not a sin when the people are heathens.

Wait. You actually believe that genocide can be morally okay? You're not just playing devils advocate?

Morally Ok like the death penalty for cultural deviants?

You can't read the emboldened statement and then follow it with the argument that we can kill people because they have immoral genes... Do you?

I don't have the facts regarding nature/nurture Noggy. When I was younger, I believed that all people are inherently good. Not quite as sure as I used to be then.

http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100511/study-infants-morality-100511/20100511/?hub=EdmontonHome

Regards

DL

Thanks DL......

So let's say the 6-month old is raised in a murderous environment, taught to murder, rape, etc. Now what? They aren't worth killing? Apparently, here is a study that pushes/speculates the age of "knowing" back to 6 months of age. Is the baby going to change without laws/rules? Was God's grace covenant in place at this time? Was there a group of people that God found favor with BECAUSE of the correct morality? Those enslaved?

And two, why do humans enjoy bad more than good? Anyone, even from an evolutionary standpoint, I would like to hear.

I guess that you have not noticed that many of the markers for evil, most notably slavery and violent crimes, are down quite a bit. The world is getting better. Not worse.

Have a look for yourself.

As to your 6 month old rapist, I am not aware of any so cannot comment.

I can tell you though that one of the pre-requisites for a child to be found guilty of a crime or sin, there must be, in secular law, a little thing called mens rea. It means an evil mind or intent.

If you think a 6 month old can have such then we have nothing much to discuss.

Can nurture overcone our natural instinctual tendencies? Of course.

Regards

DL

Some how you gathered I meant a 6 month old could murder or rape when I said raised in a murderous environment? Your right, we don't have much to discuss.

Come back and fight you cowards....it is but merely a flesh wound!

Seriously, you act like genocide is a systematic annihilation based solely on race in all of your glorious ignorance. Please see below for reference. I have taken the liberty to bold the important parts.

United Nations Genocide Convention (in force 12 January 1951)

Article 2:

In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

(a) Killing members of the group;

(B) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;

© Deliberately infliciting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;

(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;

(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

I'll be darn, it appears all of us are guilty by definition.

Seriously, you act like genocide is a systematic annihilation based solely on race in all of your glorious ignorance. Please see below for reference. I have taken the liberty to bold the important parts.

Article 2:

In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

© Deliberately infliciting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;

How so?

Article 2:

Nice straw man you built there.

To me it seems like Christians aren't able to come out and say things. I guess I used to be like that too. Everything is so vague in their religion I think it rubs off on them to where they aren't able to construct solid ideas.

• Like 1

Article 2:

I really can't believe I have to explain this. I think y'all are just being thick. Religion. Each of your individual set of beliefs can be classified under the definition of religion whether you claim a belief in God or not. Any metal harm you convey due to your particular beliefs can be classified as genocide by definition. I for one am a victim of the genocide conveyed here at Ex C.

So why do you practice genocide? And believe in it?

I really can't believe I have to explain this. I think y'all are just being thick. Religion. Each of your individual set of beliefs can be classified under the definition of religion whether you claim a belief in God or not. Any metal harm you convey due to your particular beliefs can be classified as genocide by definition. I for one am a victim of the genocide conveyed here at Ex C.

Do you even know what genocide is?

rofl

Oh the martyr's of Christianity. They go to any length to claim being victims.

Now they claim virtual genocide of Christian avatars.

Oh the humanity...

Do you even know what genocide is?

Sure he does. Its when you enter a site on the internet willingly that is for victims of Christianity and then proceeding to defend Christianity and when the victims of it call bullshit you claim they are committing acts of genocide against you.

Now lets define good wholesome deeds:

When a God kills off men, women, children and babies. Now that's good stuff.

Quality family programming.

Article 2:

Ok so really was what you were saying. I thought you had something real to argue about. Obviously you don't realize where you are, the martyr attitude isn't very interesting, to me at least.

Religion. Each of your individual set of beliefs can be classified under the definition of religion whether you claim a belief in God or not

Religion:

1.a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

Hi, End. Atheism and agnosticism are NOT religions. Religions are based upon supernatural agencies. I had to clarify that. It's not helpful to redefine or broaden this term unless agreed upon by ALL parties within the discussion.

Any metal harm you convey due to your particular beliefs can be classified as genocide by definition.

Genocide:

the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group.

Sorry, it's not mental harm, but death. Unless you are now dead. :HaHa:

• Super Moderator

Be of good cheer. end3 is not an idiot. He's fucking with us, so play along.

A straw man is a component of an argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.[1] To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.[1][2]

See, the thread was started about how the God of the Bible repeatedly got his chosen ones to slaughter entire races of people, including dashing the babies' heads against the rocks and committing rape.

And the OP wanted to know how anyone could follow a god like that.

Now you've made it to where someone disagreeing with you on the Internet is genocide. That's called a straw man. And you are being incredibly disingenuous about this, but that's what I've come to expect from Christians.

Definition of RELIGION

1a : the state of a religious <a nun in her 20th year of religion> b (1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance

2: a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices 3archaic : scrupulous conformity : conscientiousness

4: a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith

Agnosticator et al.,

For one, we didn't agree to any definition. #'s two and four here can, IMO, have a particular meaning outside of the belief in God meaning....for example, "he religously drank his coffee".

Anyway, the point I am trying to make is that when we are talking genocide, what pops into everyone's head is the definition we are familiar with....mostly Hitler's idea of genocide....and I think most people think of that version as the systematic killing based on race or ethnicity....if I am understanding the Hitler concept.

So when it comes to the Bible, my understanding is not that God cleared the slate based on this version, but cleared the slate based on amoral values. Going back to the defintion of genocide that I posted:

Article 2:

the emphasis would be on a religious group, those practicing an amoral religion.

Many might not see it that way, but placing God in the Hitler group is leading at best and shows an ignorant bias.....IMO of course.

Btw, my computer told me last night that my account had been suspended. I expected that I had crossed the line somehow with me being associated as some genocidal sympathizer based on the discussion. For the record, I'm not a genocide proponent but do believe in it via the "in part" definition of the occasional capital punishment.

And for the record, I enjoy a good debate/discussion and a little name calling, but in good spirit. Certainly it gets heated from time to time, and I realize people have been hurt by Christianity, but that certainly is not the point of my discussion, to further hurt folks. I have a few friends here and value the relationships, some good, and even some bad, AS a value in my life, so again, it's an effort to discuss for the sport of discussion rather than an intention to hurt people that are already hurt.

So, by all means, carry on in your ignorant bias by placing God in the genocidal maniac group. (This is teasing in good spirit, of course).

Btw, my computer told me last night that my account had been suspended. I expected that I had crossed the line somehow with me being associated as some genocidal sympathizer based on the discussion. For the record, I'm not a genocide proponent but do believe in it via the "in part" definition of the occasional capital punishment.

I got the same message, Ed. It is not your account. The message was from the site host saying that the ex-c account was suspended. Looks like it's been resolved.

Phanta

Also, I am not committing genocide. You are grossly twisting the definition. Grossly.

What ancient tribes did to other ancient tribes was often clearly genocide. Mass slaughter; mass assimilation, etc. as part of conquest. Why God would directly support and encourage such is a reasonable thing to struggle over, especially as our species seeks to overcome such wholesale murderous tendencies.

Phanta

Also, I am not committing genocide. You are grossly twisting the definition. Grossly.

What ancient tribes did to other ancient tribes was often clearly genocide. Mass slaughter; mass assimilation, etc. as part of conquest. Why God would directly support and encourage such is a reasonable thing to struggle over, especially as our species seeks to overcome such wholesale murderous tendencies.

Phanta

Your not getting my point......nor God's I believe.....i.e, death to amoral behavior. Again, by the same argument utilized here, that if you are raised Christian, then you will likely BECOME a Christian, then if you are raised in an amoral environment, you will likely BE amoral. This is not a stretch.

And yes, to the "suspension", as a Christian here, you never know what's going to touch a nerve to garner suspension.....especially in a topic like genocide.