Goodbye Jesus

Too Bad Christianity Is Bullshit

Legion

James 1:2-3 2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance......

This verse didn't work for me ......I tried to jump off the goddamn bridge several times..................GONZ9729CustomImage1541245.gif

Too bad christianity is BULLSHIT!!

I concur!!!! THat verse never works and it just makes people pissie

• Like 1

Mat 6: 25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[n]?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

I tried hard to follow those verses. I didn't worry about tomorrow which meant I didn't take responsibility for my future. Jesus was supposed to come back tomorrow anyway, so why even try to work for a secure future? Anyway... I didn't work one bit. My life got screwed up, and now it's too late to fix some of the problems that it caused.

I wish Christianity wasn't bullshit, but it is.

• 2 weeks later...
1 John 3:11, 18 - "11. For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. 18. My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

These verses, I always thought, were some of the most beautiful and poignant in the Bible. Love that knows no bounds, a love that is in action toward all people. Don't just say it, act on it. To me, when I was a Christian, this showed what love, and god's love, could truly encompass.

Too bad Christianity is bullshit.

Matthew 23:25-28

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men’s bones and everything unclean. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness."

So. Many. Preachers. It applies to these days. Not only that, but illustrates that appearances do not make a person good. Actions springing from a compassionate heart do. Open-handed kindness. Not adherence to what is "holy" in the form of rules and speaking for God. Also, work on your own damn soul, rather than being so fucking high and mighty as to presume you can fix someone else's.

Too bad Christianity doesn't know this, and is bullshit.

unless i'm mistaken though (it's happened before), this was Solomon speaking as devil's advocate

That is the excuse Christians often use to explain away Bible contradictions involving Ecclesiastes. However Solomon (if he existed at all) had been dead hundreds of years before Ecclesiastes was written. If Saul, David or Solomon existed at all then they were really just leaders of a band of hilltop farmers. Their great deeds mentioned in the Bible are mostly exaggeration and myth. Aside from Deuteronomy which was written during King Josiah's religious crack down the Old Testament was written when Hebrews returned from Babylon.

Ecclesiastes 3:19-22 I said in my heart, “As for the sons of men, God tests them, so that they may see that they themselves are like animals. For that which happens to the sons of men happens to animals. Even one thing happens to them. As the one dies, so the other dies. Yes, they have all one breath; and man has no advantage over the animals: for all is vanity. All go to one place. All are from the dust, and all turn to dust again. Who knows the spirit of man, whether it goes upward, and the spirit of the animal, whether it goes downward to the earth?”

Therefore I saw that there is nothing better, than that a man should rejoice in his works; for that is his portion: for who can bring him to see what will be after him?

We're just apes making the best of what we have. If there is a spirit, I don't doubt that animals have it too, as much as I was told otherwise as a christian. And yet, this was in the bible the whole time.

Bravo! Ya beat me to it! To me this is the wisest passage in the entire bible. I suppose that's a small list overall, but still :)

unless i'm mistaken though (it's happened before), this was Solomon speaking as devil's advocate

It doesn't matter, really. We're just looking for wisdom that's actually in the bible. :)

• 1 month later...

We're just apes making the best of what we have.

Boy there is a bullshit if I saw one. Try acting like an ape and see what happens to you.

James 1:2-3 2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance......

This verse didn't work for me ......I tried to jump off the goddamn bridge several times..................GONZ9729CustomImage1541245.gif

What was the cause of your pain?

Someone who really had a Master in Science degree from U of Cal should know that humans are a type of ape. It's very basic. There are four kinds of great apes - human, gorilla, chimp and orangutang. We are a type of hominidae.

How do apes behave? Millions of them post to da interwebs.

Someone who really had a Master in Science degree from U of Cal should know that humans are a type of ape. It's very basic. There are four kinds of great apes - human, gorilla, chimp and orangutang. We are a type of hominidae.

Physically, yes. But humans are much more than 'physical'. Our souls can reflect the Creator God. Our spirits can be a dwelling place of the Creator God.

Physically, yes. But humans are much more than 'physical'. Our souls can reflect the Creator God. Our spirits can be a dwelling place of the Creator God.

And yet, if you cause a simple chemical imbalance in the brain, the "soul" has a real tough time expressing itself normally, and acts just like a person with a chemical imbalance. It's almost as if we're run by chemical reactions, or something.

• Like 2

And yet, if you cause a simple chemical imbalance in the brain, the "soul" has a real tough time expressing itself normally, and acts just like a person with a chemical imbalance. It's almost as if we're run by chemical reactions, or something.

That would be jumping to conclusion.

That would be jumping to conclusion.

Oh, the irony!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

We're just apes making the best of what we have.

Boy there is a bullshit if I saw one. Try acting like an ape and see what happens to you.

You try acting like a human first. And humans are apes. Get the fuck over it, bullshit factory.

• Like 1

13 Blessed are those who find wisdom,

those who gain understanding,

14 for she is more profitable than silver

and yields better returns than gold.

15 She is more precious than rubies;

nothing you desire can compare with her.

16 Long life is in her right hand;

in her left hand are riches and honor.

17 Her ways are pleasant ways,

and all her paths are peace.

18 She is a tree of life to those who take hold of her;

those who hold her fast will be blessed.

Proverbs 3:13 - 18

I've always enjoyed this passage. It speaks to my innate curiosity. It tells me it's okay, and more than okay. I am to satisfy my desire for understanding. I am to bring forth the deep questions which reside at the core of my being and make the finding of their answers the journey of my life.

Awesome passage. :3:

Too bad so much of Christianity is pure-tee bullshit.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

"Love"

Mentioned somewhere up to 700 times in the bible.

In my journey... although I don't know anything... the word LOVE is illuminated as the most deep, profound and meaningful "thing" I have an awareness of.

If Christianity was about Love... I would still be a Christian.

Too Bad Christianity is Bullshit.

(I've only recently let go of the deeper parts that I held onto Christianity... so sorry I can't come up with something better than that... as there's many "scriptures" which resonated with me before... and I could talk so much about..... I will, when I'm ready... right now... I just see how Christiantiy fails Love from it's foundations up.... pyth.gif... any scripture I think of just immediately connects with...... the massive pile of bullshit that it is......... and I love this thread... I will write something better when I'm ready...)

There are four kinds of great apes - human, gorilla, chimp and orangutang.

You forgot Grape:

grapeape1.jpg

mwc

Matthew 7:3

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"

I like this, because it connects with a lot of things... which remind me that I'm no better or worse than another person... I'm no more guilty of punishment or worthy of reward than anyone else... because those things don't even apply to humans apart from in a profoundly sick society or delusional religions.... So before I start judging and criticising other people, I should recognise the whole life journey it will take, for me to reflect on the changes I need to focus on in my own life... and it reminds me to love and respect myself... and have love and respect for other people. When I do "look at the spec in someone elses eye"... at some point, I get a little nudge from my conscience saying, "Hmm... might want to look at THIS" *unravels massive scroll with a long list of things I need to sort out in my own life before looking at someone else*

Anyway, I liked this one, amongst many others.....

It's not just Christianity that's bullshit, but ALL religions are bullshit. You can pray and worship to whatever "god" you want and you'll always get the same result: Nothing.

It's not just Christianity that's bullshit, but ALL religions are bullshit. You can pray and worship to whatever "god" you want and you'll always get the same result: Nothing.

Not so.

Pray to the God of Random Chance. I think you'll be ironically surprised at how it always comes through.

mwc

• 2 weeks later...

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in him shall not die, but will have everlasting life." -John 3:16.

I had liked this one because it reminded me that God was supposed to love us so much that he would die for us. What a cute thought. It made me feel special.

Here's another one: "And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." -1 Corinthians 13:13. I liked to think that the most important thing in the world is for people to care about each other and bother themselves to help others. There is still hope for the degenerate world if we have love.

Too bad Christianity is garbage.

Isaiah 35 (ESV)

The wilderness and the dry land shall be glad;

the desert shall rejoice and blossom like the crocus;

it shall blossom abundantly

and rejoice with joy and singing.

The glory of Lebanon shall be given to it,

the majesty of Carmel and Sharon.

They shall see the glory of the Lord,

the majesty of our God.

Strengthen the weak hands,

and make firm the feeble knees.

Say to those who have an anxious heart,

“Be strong; fear not!

Behold, your God

will come with vengeance,

with the recompense of God.

He will come and save you.”

Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened,

and the ears of the deaf unstopped;

then shall the lame man leap like a deer,

and the tongue of the mute sing for joy.

For waters break forth in the wilderness,

and streams in the desert;

the burning sand shall become a pool,

and the thirsty ground springs of water;

in the haunt of jackals, where they lie down,

the grass shall become reeds and rushes.

And a highway shall be there,

and it shall be called the Way of Holiness;

the unclean shall not pass over it.

It shall belong to those who walk on the way;

even if they are fools, they shall not go astray.
[
]

No lion shall be there,

nor shall any ravenous beast come up on it;

they shall not be found there,

but the redeemed shall walk there.

And the ransomed of the Lord shall return

and come to Zion with singing;

everlasting joy shall be upon their heads;

they shall obtain gladness and joy,

and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.

This was my chapter when I was a Christian. It gave me so much hope and comfort. Reading it now, I still feel emotional. It saddens me to think I ever believed in this.