Goodbye Jesus

Hi My Name Is Aaron And Im A Christian How Are You Today/nite/morning/afternoon?

Destinyjesus3000

So you are saying me talking about how I see these things constitues pushing them on you? How so? You would prefer to limit ideas to those that agree with you? Freethinking?

No, A-Man, I don't believe Trapped is saying that at all.

I am getting a distinct feeling that atheists on this forum should "put up or shut up" if we don't agree with something, and I don't like it.

I like to talk. I like dialogue. But it makes me very upset to see you, a moderator, taking cheap shots at forum members when they have tried to have a dialogue, as LL has done in this thread. The last few responses from other forum members you have used to take shots at LL, and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. You ARE a moderator. Why are you doing this?

• Like 8

So you are saying me talking about how I see these things constitues pushing them on you? How so? You would prefer to limit ideas to those that agree with you? Freethinking?

No, A-Man, I don't believe Trapped is saying that at all.

I am getting a distinct feeling that atheists on this forum should "put up or shut up" if we don't agree with something, and I don't like it.

I like to talk. I like dialogue. But it makes me very upset to see you, a moderator, taking cheap shots at forum members when they have tried to have a dialogue, as LL has done in this thread. The last few responses from other forum members you have used to take shots at LL, and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. You ARE a moderator. Why are you doing this?

... yes, I for one stopped posting in this forum over the way attitudes were headed in this posting. In fact I very nearly gave up my ex_C membership!

• Like 2

As for the 'spiritual' component of it, there are different experiences you will have in it. I'm thinking to have you read this brief explanation on line I'll link you to. The key is understanding the two basic types of meditation: concentrative, and insight meditation. I practice a combination of both, but predominantly Insight meditation. In the link where I go in meditation the majority of the time is in the Subtle Level, and more regularly lately into the Causal Level. The benefit of this, is well, almost beyond describing. In a word, transformation. Here's the link: http://integrallife....view-ken-wilber

Hey AM, nice that you finally linked to your source - Ken Wilber. I have been waiting quite a while on this thread for some reference. That is where your ideas come from, right?

• Like 1

I am having a difficult time with it also, blackpudd. I was hoping for a more balanced approach, especially in this section of the forum. LL acknowledged having problems with his quote function,etc..

• Like 1

On a tangential note, why do woos use the word prefix "trans-" so much in their phraseology? Does it make what is being said sound more important, or something?

No, its because that is how Ken Wilber writes.

So you are saying me talking about how I see these things constitues pushing them on you?  How so?  You would prefer to limit ideas to those that agree with you?  Freethinking?

No, I'm not asking that people only make statements that agree with me. However, I absolutely cringe at the language used by the woo peddlers that state that those of us who don't follow their woo are "limited" in our thinking. I am no more "limited" in my thinking when I dismiss "transwhogivesashit" than I am when I dismiss the Hindus, the Muslims, the Pentecostals, and the Independent Fundamentalist Baptists, who all use similar language for those people who don't see the spiritual warfare or whatever other "things believed but not seen" nonsense that they peddle. I would also note that there is a tendency by the woo peddlers to hijack threads that have nothing to do with their woo. The woo peddlers are no different to me than the Christians, they just peddle a different woo.

Yes, I like the word "woo."

Edit to add: Also, I don't use the term "freethinker" to describe myself. Even if I did use that term to describe myself, that doesn't mean that I should just accept any old thought that comes along, particularly if it sounds like the kind of nonsense that I'm trying to get the hell out of my life right now.

• Like 3

I'm on my cell so not much ability to respond. Wow. I'm amazed at the level of misunderstanding. I can try but doubt its value. I am a member as well as a mod. So when I feel someone talks to me like an asshole it is absolutely Mr right to say so. It has nothing to do with his views. I as a mod am not moderating anything here. Bite me for trying to throw that at me. I do not abuse that role on this site ever. I will say the level of animosty towers this subnet matter being discussed and acusations of me disrspectng other views is truly sad to me. I'm disappointed at the lack of actual disagreement being presented in respectful ways. I'll let you hold and push your views to you goddamned hearts content. But make no mistake. You are doing the same thing you did as a true believer.

This illustrates the classic conflict between religious people and skeptical people.  Religious people want to share the positive benefits they find in subjectiveness.  Skeptical people want to base their own beliefs on objective evidence.  Each is annoyed by the world view of the other group.

• Like 1

I'm on my cell so not much ability to respond. Wow. I'm amazed at the level of misunderstanding. I can try but doubt its value. I am a member as well as a mod. So when I feel someone talks to me like an asshole it is absolutely Mr right to say so. It has nothing to do with his views. I as a mod am not moderating anything here. Bite me for trying to throw that at me. I do not abuse that role on this site ever. I will say the level of animosty towers this subnet matter being discussed and acusations of me disrspectng other views is truly sad to me. I'm disappointed at the lack of actual disagreement being presented in respectful ways. I'll let you hold and push your views to you goddamned hearts content. But make no mistake. You are doing the same thing you did as a true believer.

How about an apology to the members you upset? It takes a lot to get me to the point where I fire shots. I don't appreciate the implication that I am inferior in some way because of the way that I think. The way that I think, as an atheist, mustn't be too goddamn bad, because it got me out of christianity. And I say implication because when you take shots at other atheists for the way that they think and view the world, I feel as though you are talking about me, too, by default.

And you were taking absolutely unnecessary snipes at LL. I thought we were all out of primary school by now. Am I pissed? Damn straight I am.

And I would disagree about you saying that you do not abuse your role as a mod- I saw the cheap shot you took at Cooley due to his age in the Reincarnation thread. That was low and uncalled for, and, as LL pointed out, essentially a bullying tactic. it doesn't make me feel free to express my views when I see a mod doing things like that. I don't like feeling intimidated, worrying about expressing my own points of view out of fear that cheap shots will be taken at me, too.

• Like 1

I'm on my cell so not much ability to respond. Wow. I'm amazed at the level of misunderstanding. I can try but doubt its value. I am a member as well as a mod. So when I feel someone talks to me like an asshole it is absolutely Mr right to say so.  It has nothing to do with his views. I as a mod am not moderating anything here. Bite me for trying to throw that at me. I do not abuse that role on this site ever. I will say the level of animosty towers this subnet matter being discussed and acusations of me disrspectng other views is truly sad to me. I'm disappointed at the lack of actual disagreement being presented in respectful ways. I'll let you hold and push your views to you goddamned hearts content. But make no mistake. You are doing the same thing you did as a true believer.

Every time I have seen someone attempt to debate the merits of your way of thinking, the "limited" word (or words that come across the same way) seems to get tossed around. People that don't see things your way have a "limited" perception. They have a "limited" understanding. They have a "limited" view of reality. It's rather condescending. How is this respectful to anyone? These phrases are often buried in giant walls of arcane text that take great lengths of time for the reader to parse what is actually being said. And it seems to be brought up by you a lot. Hence the phrase "pushing your beliefs" is what I would use to describe what is being done.

• Like 2

oops

I think I found the label for me now... I'm a transatheist. :)

I think I found the label for me now... I'm a transatheist. smile.png

How's TransAmericanAtheist.Too long?

Sounds too much like an airliner.

How's TransAmericanAtheist.Too long?

As long as it's not transvestatheist, because that doesn't fit me at all. No I mean, that's not my size.

Sounds too much like an airliner.

You have no idea all the places I can take you, baby... wait... this is not the sex forum???

:)

From my perspective it certainly seems Antlerman is only nice to those who agree with his worlview. He and LivingLife were both being dicks. Like watching a schoolyard philosophy spat, complete with kicking, spitting and 'I'm taking by ball and going home'.

If I am speaking and acting as a mod I will make that perfectly clear. As a member like you I am free to speak as any other member and to are free to speak to me likewise. My dislike of ll is personal. Not official. That's my business not your affair. Maybe I'm wrong about him. Maybe not. But is fuck has nothing to do with me as a mod. If I look at this later and see I was wrong I will apologize for misjudging. But is completely unfair to drag my moderation role into this. What it is me is people saying I'm meaning things I thought I was clear I was not saying. I have a huge respect for athiests. But I dislike it becoming just as religious a chrisyianty. I see is as a postive step. So needless to say. What I wish for is actual questions as to what I mean rather than all this knee jerk reaction. Yes I use Wilber a lot with my own persoanl thoughts and experiences. What of it Deva?

Tucking cell phones.

Tucking cell phones.

The spill chuck is wurst.

Yes I use Wilber a lot with my own persoanl thoughts and experiences. What of it Deva?

Just pointing out when a definition of certain words was asked for, you provided one but didn't reference your source. Later you did. That's all. I don't care if you are a Wilber disciple.

If I am speaking and acting as a mod I will make that perfectly clear. As a member like you I am free to speak as any other member and to are free to speak to me likewise. My dislike of ll is personal. Not official. That's my business not your affair. Maybe I'm wrong about him. Maybe not. But is fuck has nothing to do with me as a mod. If I look at this later and see I was wrong I will apologize for misjudging. But is completely unfair to drag my moderation role into this. What it is me is people saying I'm meaning things I thought I was clear I was not saying. I have a huge respect for athiests. But I dislike it becoming just as religious a chrisyianty. I see is as a postive step. So needless to say. What I wish for is actual questions as to what I mean rather than all this knee jerk reaction. Yes I use Wilber a lot with my own persoanl thoughts and experiences. What of it Deva?

Whatever. I'm over this.

Ourboros, are you pre-transatheist or post-transatheist?It really matters as to how I approach you cognation.(The cogs of your brain before your transphraseology):)

Ourboros, are you pre-transatheist or post-transatheist?It really matters as to how I approach you cognation.(The cogs of your brain before your transphraseology)smile.png

Hmm... I might be an intra-trans-atheist, i.e. neither pro- or post-. Just in there, in the middle, somewhere... I got lost. :scratch:

I prefer to label myself as a premetatransrational postatheist.

• Like 1

From my perspective it certainly seems Antlerman is only nice to those who agree with his worlview. He and LivingLife were both being dicks. Like watching a schoolyard philosophy spat, complete with kicking, spitting and 'I'm taking by ball and going home'.

This whole thread after Aaron left sure appears as you say.....me included. It's my feeling all along that someone is going to have to sacrifice or "suffer" for the other's growth and understanding. Maybe this is just unrealistic. Sometimes I feel like suffering and sometimes not.