Goodbye Jesus

The Love Machine Is Broken

Denyoz

Just because you no longer feel it does not mean it does not exist. Love is no less real for being the result of hormones and chemicals and neurons a-firing. Those same things cause boners, and boners are real--even when you don't have them anymore.

You are right, Ro-bear. Love is real. But so is hatred. If you put those two realities in the same body, they cancel out each other. It's like zero plus two minus two equals zero ( 0 + 2 - 2 = 0 ). At the end there is still nothing.

I am the sum of all that is good and evil, whether I like it or not, whether I believe it or not. Acceptable people show the love they have, but hide the hatred they have, and so pretend to be good, and good only. It's hypocrasy. That's why I can attest that love is not real.

I am right if I say that I am a good person, but it's only half the truth. The complete truth is: I am a good person and a bad person. Now I'm talking!

If someone says to you "I love you", it might be true, but not absolutely true, unless that someone is an angel.

Thank you for proving a point.

Yes, thank you for proving a point, the point that I have just made.

At first I didn't like the verbal fighting that was going on in this thread, but now I realize that it proves the point that I have just made. We are, all of us, good and evil. Deva is not any more evil than Galien, or stryper, or Margee or me. We are all the same. The image we project is just an image that can vaporize as fast at it can appear.

• Like 1

Thank you for proving a point.

And exactly what is that point? I am sure it must be something I can't see, but you can, from your elevated level.

At first I didn't like the verbal fighting that was going on in this thread, but now I realize that it proves the point that I have just made. We are, all of us, good and evil. Deva is not any more evil than Galien, or stryper, or Margee or me. We are all the same. The image we project is just an image that can vaporize as fast at it can appear.

I don't like fighting any more than you do. When attacked, however, I will defend myself. Even the Dalai Lama had people with guns protecting him when he rode out of Tibet. I claim the same privilege.

Yes, thank you for proving a point, the point that I have just made.

It's all very interesting Deny.......silverpenny013Hmmm.gif

Look for the good things in life. Create good things in your life. :-)

Thanks midniterider. Can you believe that for the last 5 years, I'm not even sure what "good" is? Is it good because it feels good, or is it good by itself? What if I don't feel anything, how can I know if one thing is good or bad? I have to rely on memory, or consult with my wife. I'm not kidding.

Guest Valk0010

I know i need love, and for the first time in years I feel in love again. Turns out to someone I haven't seen in 6 years but could potential see in about 5 months. If you deny the existence of love, you deny the existence of life. Ever see the movie, the Root of all evil. You know how at the end of it, we are shown examples of apes and other monkeys acting in very obviously moral ways. Or how about my next door neighbors cat, that always seems to stop by when ever I am having trouble. That no matter how you define it, is something we need and we call it love. Even the animal kingdom shows love, birds, chewing up the food of there young. Its just there, to deny it as just chemical processes is something, that we really can't do. And even if we did, it does not change the fact that we as a species seem to need to value it. In the end the best thing to do is just to enjoy it if you have, and if you don't find it. Its the basis of all things.

Guest Valk0010

Ohh and about medication and pills and crap. Don't you think they just might just clear out the garbage that makes good disappear. Its like a snowshovel digging out snow, when your stuck in your house. It doesn't fake it for you, it only makes you see what is there, but you couldn't see.

I don't like fighting any more than you do. When attacked, however, I will defend myself. Even the Dalai Lama had people with guns protecting him when he rode out of Tibet. I claim the same privilege.

Great! It's nice to see a person defend herself. I have no idea what you guys were arguing about so I couldn't take sides. But I have a pretty good idea how these things start. Personally, there is one person on this site that has insulted me once, and I was going to strike right back, but then I thought "how is this going to end?" I didn't reply because I didn't want her to hurt me more (I'm selfish). I just ignored her post and now I make sure I never reply to any of her posts because I hate her. I mean, I hate the image that she projected. smile.png

I was wondering what happened to Foxy. I didnt come on here for a while, and when I got back, he was gone. Anyone know a way I can get in touch with him?

I know i need love...

Maybe you only feel you need it because you don't have enough of it, but if you get too much of it, you get sick of it.

Can you believe that I feel I'm suffocating because there are too many people around me who "love" me? I want them off my back! I don't need any more people who love me, I'm sick of it. Their love is sucking the life out of me. I know you will say that this can not possibly be love, but then what is it? They all say they love me and they do everything they can to show it, but I'm just not interested. I want them to leave me alone.

• Like 1

I personally think it's all about choices. We all choose to do and respond the way we do. The person who reads a response chooses to respond the way they do. Not everyone will agree with the choices. And, as exampled by myself, the choice of wording was obviously poorly chosen.

The problems can arise when we choose to act in manners that are not in keeping with the image we wish to project. That was part of my point about my apology to Noumena. I acted in a manner that was inconsistent with how I wished to be viewed. So I sought to correct that in a manner that I could. Obviously, there is still more to learn.

The image can be destroyed quickly. And it can be remade. This process leads to learning. In choosing my actions with Deva and risking destroying it with the rest of you, I learned to re-evaluate the approach before posting. That the shock value of the offence will sometime create a large enough negative reaction that any intent was lost, or better put one person's good intentions is another person's insult. I screwed up. And Deva, I am sorry I screwed up. Mistakes lead to learning.

Great! It's nice to see a person defend herself. I have no idea what you guys were arguing about so I couldn't take sides. But I have a pretty good idea how these things start. Personally, there is one person on this site that has insulted me once, and I was going to strike right back, but then I thought "how is this going to end?" I didn't reply because I didn't want her to hurt me more (I'm selfish). I just ignored her post and now I make sure I never reply to any of her posts because I hate her. I mean, I hate the image that she projected. smile.png

Well, I don't like to be denigrated, put down, or insulted. I am a human being and I expect to be treated with some level of respect. True, I don't get a great deal of it in the "real world", but here I will not sit back quietly and just take it. That is just me.

Maybe you only feel you need it because you don't have enough of it, but if you get too much of it, you get sick of it.

Can you believe that I feel I'm suffocating because there are too many people around me who "love" me? I want them off my back! I don't need any more people who love me, I'm sick of it. Their love is sucking the life out of me. I know you will say that this can not possibly be love, but then what is it? They all say they love me and they do everything they can to show it, but I'm just not interested. I want them to leave me alone.

If they are fundy, you should remind them of Matthew something or other. Love is patient, Love is kind.....etc.

All so I recommend you look in the love languages. It could a problem of expression and reception.

Or you just need a break in general. :)

I know i need love...

Deny....I still say it's 'burnout'. I've dealt with hundreds of people over the years and I have that type of personality that everyone invites me to lunch, supper, you name it. I too right now, just want to be left alone because I am in fucking burnout with people!! One of the reasons that i LOVE coming here is because i call still have a certain type of conversation with you wonderful people and yet NOBODY is in my face. I LOVE being alone. I'm 'peopled-out' - especially being the people pleaser that I was all those years. I'm shriveled!!

The image can be destroyed quickly. And it can be remade. This process leads to learning. In choosing my actions with Deva and risking destroying it with the rest of you, I learned to re-evaluate the approach before posting. That the shock value of the offence will sometime create a large enough negative reaction that any intent was lost, or better put one person's good intentions is another person's insult. I screwed up. And Deva, I am sorry I screwed up. Mistakes lead to learning.

OK. That is a rather strange kind of apology, but I suppose I will accept it. I still have no idea why you felt you had to lay into me in that fashion, or what "point" it proves.

I don't like hurting people or being hurt. That is why I did apologize to Gailen. What you brought to this - I have no idea where it came from.

Deny....I still say it's 'burnout'. I've dealt with hundreds of people over the years and I have that type of personality that everyone invites me to lunch, supper, you name it. I too right now, just want to be left alone because I am in fucking burnout with people!! One of the reasons that i LOVE coming here is because i call still have a certain type of conversation with you wonderful people and yet NOBODY is in my face. I LOVE being alone. I'm 'peopled-out' - especially being the people pleaser that I was all those years. I'm shriveled!!

I think you and I are going through the same shit right now, and for some reason, we perceive things the same way. "Peopled-out" I like that. Being a people pleaser, exactly! I'm sick of it, I wish I could scare them away, but I'm so not good at it. I wonder why they still stick around me, I'm so depressing. Am I still too nice? I do everything legal I can to not be nice, but they still love me. If I would run away, they would all come after me I'm sure. So I escape via my pc, he he he!

Or you just need a break in general. smile.png

They are not fundies so that's not it. I probably just need a break, but I'm afraid that if I take one, I will never want to come back. It's difficult when "they" are children. My children. Leaving anybody else would be easy.

Or you just need a break in general. smile.png

They are not fundies so that's not it. I probably just need a break, but I'm afraid that if I take one, I will never want to come back. It's difficult when "they" are children. My children. Leaving anybody else would be easy.

It is. One thing I have become greatful for is the few hours I can get here and there without the kids. I know I gotta recharge and that takes being alone for me.

• Like 1

I was wondering what happened to Foxy. I didnt come on here for a while, and when I got back, he was gone. Anyone know a way I can get in touch with him?

Open, He has a blog linked to his profile. He made a post there back in march. You could try that. Or just PM him. There is a way to have the site notify you if you get a PM. Course I have no idea if he has his account set up to do that.

Open, He has a blog linked to his profile. He made a post there back in march. You could try that. Or just PM him. There is a way to have the site notify you if you get a PM. Course I have no idea if he has his account set up to do that.

Thanks Stryper! Someone PMed me some info. :)

Also, to add to the *ahem* conversations:

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." We might see someones actions and interpret them as "this person is a jerk", but often things are a bit more complicated than that. We never know what they are going through, what they have been through, or why they are the way they are. Thats not to make excuses for people to do whatever they want or say whatever they want, but we all make mistakes. We all have bad days. We all say things we dont mean or shouldnt have said. Personally, I have been going through a really hard time, and because of it, I have seen myself get moody like I never would have thought! I try to have self control, but man.. these days have been rough. Im still a good person though, and I'm still trying. I try to remember to be kind. If I see someone do something I dont appreciate, I try not to judge too quickly, because I remember that there have been many opportunities for other people to judge me the same way.

Life is hard enough as it is, without us making it worse for each other.

• Like 1

(well, I know its nothing we havent heard before, but I think it important to remind ourselves, and really try to practice.)

Guest Valk0010

I know i need love...

That is fair, but you seem to be trying to go the opposite direction. Love is not always binomial to hate.

Also, to add to the *ahem* conversations:

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." We might see someones actions and interpret them as "this person is a jerk", but often things are a bit more complicated than that. We never know what they are going through, what they have been through, or why they are the way they are. Thats not to make excuses for people to do whatever they want or say whatever they want, but we all make mistakes. We all have bad days. We all say things we dont mean or shouldnt have said. Personally, I have been going through a really hard time, and because of it, I have seen myself get moody like I never would have thought! I try to have self control, but man.. these days have been rough. Im still a good person though, and I'm still trying. I try to remember to be kind. If I see someone do something I dont appreciate, I try not to judge too quickly, because I remember that there have been many opportunities for other people to judge me the same way.

Life is hard enough as it is, without us making it worse for each other.

Thank you OpenPalm, I needed to be reminded of that.

That is fair, but you seem to be trying to go the opposite direction.

Thanks Valk, you're right. I think I AM trying to go in the opposite direction.

Love is not always binomial to hate.

Really? I thought love and hate were the two sides of the same coin. Can you please explain?