Goodbye Jesus

Most disliked type of Christian

Wertbag

I hate it when you ask questions to Christians on this forum questions and they will not even try to answer. If you say, the bible is not proof. They go silent. I mean sure there is going to be questions you cannot answer they could at least say I do not know or do some research. Besides spouting catch phrases and mumbo jumbo, that does not make sense.

I also do not like what I call witnessing trolls they really do not give a damn about trying to answer the topic they just want to try to save your soul so they dance around your topic or questions spouting bible verses.

But what are they really even LOOKING for? I mean really, wtf do they expect? Do they really think they're the FIRST one to spew this crap? Or do they think they can say the same bumper sticker jargon and after hearing it from 80 others, we'll say OH, NOW I GET IT. Hello? Don't they realize it's the same recycled shit they all learn?

And esp here, this isn't an Atheist site, it's an EX-C site, I would assume if you WERE a Christian, there's nothing NEW that a Christian can say that YOU already haven't heard, don't know, or used to believe.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Neil

• willybilly30

• Wertbag

• Mike D

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yea arguing with Christians is like arguing with a tape recorder playing a tape you already heard. I argue with them mainly for sparring practice like when a wrestler practices for a real fight he may come against. Problem is the Christians on here about go down with one punch lol

Sofia nailed one that always drives me up the wall. Thank you for that, Sofi. :)

The one that always hurts(physically hurts) to deal with is 'I know what I know. Don't confuse me with the facts.'

or...

'You just have faith in science!' (If you can say that, you don't understand Science, and you don't understand Faith.)

or...

'Well, you know, science really can't answer the deeper questions...' (Neither can Christianity)

Makes me want to give up on humanity sometimes...

But then I spend some time around my friends and loved ones... things brighten up.

Merlin

Most annoying kind of Christian?

I think we have a candidate, people!

Ditto.

Trolling post has been deleted.

Trolling post has been deleted.

Damn, I always log on too late in the day to see the trolls...Zach you're quick on that there trigger. :grin:

• 1 year later...

The ones I dislike the most are the ones that you can't have any conversation with; all they seem to be able to do is parrot stock Christian clinches. They are so predicable. Sometimes amusing, but oft times they can be very hateful.

I think the control freaks are the most annoying. The ones who pick and choose quotes from the bible that seem to support their own preferences and personality quirks, then use social skill and peer pressure to coerce others into conformity.

One example would be Christians who insist that babies be circumcised because the Bible says so. If you point out that the new testament instructs us to STOP performing circumcisions they can find a thousand and one explanations for why that particular passage is ignorable. And from that point on you will be ignored as a non-entity and shunned from all social contact with the leader's little group.

The movie "Saved" did a great job of portraying this type of Christian.

The stupid ones.

My former fundy cube mate tried to use spontaneous combustion as proof of god's existence. He also believed that dinosaurs were aliens or some such nonsense. He said he liked religion because it reminded him of the Transformer's cartoon from the 80's. And he was pinkophobic. :rolleyes:

The movie "Saved" did a great job of portraying this type of Christian.

I loved that movie!

The stupid ones.

My former fundy cube mate tried to use spontaneous combustion as proof of god's existence. He also believed that dinosaurs were aliens or some such nonsense. He said he liked religion because it reminded him of the Transformer's cartoon from the 80's. And he was pinkophobic. :rolleyes:

Maybe Optimus Prime is his personal dying and rising savior. Optimus was resurrected, after all...

optimus_funeral.jpg

Actually, you know what really irks me? The moderates who try to play the middle ground whenever I try to point out that they don't really follow the Bible. You know, they typically try to play the atheists as being "just as bad as the fundies." Statements like that really piss me off, because it's always a clear indication that they're either intentionally side-stepping the argument or are literally incapable of following it.

I actually got into a forum scuffle a couple weeks ago, and I made it very clear that the point was moderate Christians are following their own moral compass rather than the one supposedly provided by the Bible. As evidence, I pointed out that they actively ignore the grotesque commands in the Bible. In response, they kept accusing me of "being fundy" as if I was telling them how to worship. ARGH!!! I'm not telling them the way their faith ought to be; I'm making a statement about what their faith is.

And while I don't personally hate the ones that never seem to get the point, I do very easily get tired of them trying to have it both ways. For example, take the ones who try to claim that faith is perfectly reasonable and then surrender into such slogans as, "Religion is about faith".

Mr. Neil: "So what you're saying is that you have no reason to believe."

Mr. Christian: Wait... no! I didn't say that at all. I have plenty of reason to believe in God. The universe has to come from somewhere."

Mr. Neil: "That's not a reason to believe. You're simply appealing to ignorance. What evidence are you following that tells you that God is real?"

Mr. Christian: "Well, religions isn't about evidence. It's is about faith."

Mr. Neil: "So what you're saying is that you have no reason to believe."

Mr. Christian: "Wait... no!"

I hate the assholes like Kennith Copeland types.....Man I hate them!!! Fake all over them. That stupid fuck is on TV even here in UA daily begging Poor Ukraianians for money....That pisses me off so much!!

I hate the assholes like Kennith Copeland types.....Man I hate them!!! Fake all over them. That stupid fuck is on TV even here in UA daily begging Poor Ukraianians for money....That pisses me off so much!!

Fakes. Yep, you're right. You know what is my most disliked kind of christian? One who comes to an xtian message board and pretends he's not a christian, posting outlandish things he expects all the xtians will agree with (for example, posting about screwing married women in the church and sexual conquests of church women) and by doing so he thinks he will prove that all xtians are pigs with no morals or anything good.

For me, the worst are the ones who claim knowledge of atheists, as if they themselves were omniscient. Examples of statements such Christians make:

You really know there is a god, you are in denial.

You only want to do as you please and not follow the rules.

You may not realize it, but you are a wicked tool of the devil.

I'd have to agree with this. I hate when they come in and think they know the hearts and minds of any non-christian, atheist or not. I especialy hate when they make what looks like more personal, insightful or what they think are caring comments, like...

"You have obviously been hurt"

"You are just in rebellion"

"You are in rebellion over the hurt caused you by man."

First of all, if you dig deep enough, everyone has some hurt over something. So the first statement really is, to me, is used like a con-artist. The rest is just them seeing people through Jesus blinders.

I totally agree with this--I'm embarrassed to say that I thought that way at one time. It's true though that you are taught what to say--fed what to think of others and how to feel about them--That's why I am no longer a Christian it didn't sit right with me(as they say, didn't feel right in my spirit!)--I felt I could only be a true friend--(and as a unconditional friend that is none of my business!) and if I couldn't express my own thoughts and question what Christians said then it was definitly not for me!!

The type I hate most are the politically active ones.

If I lived in Fundieland (also known as "Dumbfuckistan" or the "Red States") and was the target of constant recruitment attempts, I'd probably reserve my greatest annoyance for the obnoxious types mentioned by many of the above posters, but as it is, I don't run into these too often so they have no affect on my life. Let them believe in fairy tales and live their deprived little lives; no skin off my tushy.

But, when they try to legislate their idea of "morality" or try to dumb down the public schools, then they're trampling on all of our rights and desecrating the very concept of what it means to be American. They become a real threat that must be headed off.

Fakes. Yep, you're right. You know what is my most disliked kind of christian? One who comes to an xtian message board and pretends he's not a christian, posting outlandish things he expects all the xtians will agree with (for example, posting about screwing married women in the church and sexual conquests of church women) and by doing so he thinks he will prove that all xtians are pigs with no morals or anything good.

EC: I see where you're coming from and tend to agree, but I hope this thread doesn't devolve into another masturabatory marathon for an attention whore. That gets boring real fast.

For me, the worst are the ones who claim knowledge of atheists, as if they themselves were omniscient. Examples of statements such Christians make:

You really know there is a god, you are in denial.

You only want to do as you please and not follow the rules.

You may not realize it, but you are a wicked tool of the devil.

I'd have to agree with this. I hate when they come in and think they know the hearts and minds of any non-christian, atheist or not. I especialy hate when they make what looks like more personal, insightful or what they think are caring comments, like...

"You have obviously been hurt"

"You are just in rebellion"

"You are in rebellion over the hurt caused you by man."

First of all, if you dig deep enough, everyone has some hurt over something. So the first statement really is, to me, is used like a con-artist. The rest is just them seeing people through Jesus blinders.

I totally agree with this--I'm embarrassed to say that I thought that way at one time. It's true though that you are taught what to say--fed what to think of others and how to feel about them--That's why I am no longer a Christian it didn't sit right with me(as they say, didn't feel right in my spirit!)--I felt I could only be a true friend--(and as a unconditional friend that is none of my business!) and if I couldn't express my own thoughts and question what Christians said then it was definitly not for me!!

And that, ladies and gentlemen, would be my most lovely bride, Mrs. Cat, who is sitting here across the counter from me in the studio. :wub::wicked::beer::68::notworthy:

The type I hate most are the politically active ones.

If I lived in Fundieland (also known as "Dumbfuckistan" or the "Red States") and was the target of constant recruitment attempts, I'd probably reserve my greatest annoyance for the obnoxious types mentioned by many of the above posters, but as it is, I don't run into these too often so they have no affect on my life. Let them believe in fairy tales and live their deprived little lives; no skin off my tushy.

But, when they try to legislate their idea of "morality" or try to dumb down the public schools, then they're trampling on all of our rights and desecrating the very concept of what it means to be American. They become a real threat that must be headed off.

I lived in Northeast Dumbfuckistan, also known as the Commonwealth of Virginia, right in Jerry Falwell's backyard. Glad to have escaped.

EC: I see where you're coming from and tend to agree, but I hope this thread doesn't devolve into another masturabatory marathon for an attention whore. That gets boring real fast.

Me too, though I think leaf has finally breathed his last here.

This is general and encompasses a couple of more specific categories, but for me it is definitely the activists who makes it the very purpose of their existence to do everything in their power to try to tenaciously destroy the lives of other innocent people who are not one of them at all. This includes the politically active ones who want to strip away any semblance of freedom and establish a theocracy, those who want to plunge us back into the dark ages by substituting science with superstition in the schools, or further, potentially have the blood of many on their hands who may have otherwise had their lives saved or been spared needless suffering without promising research such as stem cell research being suppressed (who knows?). It also includes the fundies (particularly those on the most rigid and extreme end of the spectrum) whose life mission is prey on the vulnerable, not just receptive adult targets, but their own children--the ones who reach adult age who have been sheltered from education, messed up socially and sexually for life, and had their tender psyches abused and ripped to shreds by being told from birth what abominations they are and how they will suffer an eternity of hellfire for being such scum (or just barely avoid the hellfire they so justly deserve only because of the grace of god). The chirstians who are way out there in these categories are what really turn my stomach.