mcdaddy

"Religion.

It's given people hope, in a world

torn apart by

Religion."

- Jon Stewart

• Like 2

John Lennon tribute:

"I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?"

"I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong."

"Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue with that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first - rock and roll or Christianity."

"God is a concept by which we measure our pain."

• Like 2

"All you need is love."

"All you need is love."

"Love is all you need"

"All we are saying, is give peace a chance"

• Like 1

Some of my favorite J. Krishnamurti quotes:

"It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

"Your belief in God is merely an escape from your monotonous, stupid and cruel life."

"You may remember the story of how the devil and a friend of his were walking down the street, when they saw ahead of them a man stoop down and pick up something from the ground, look at it, and put it away in his pocket. The friend said to the devil, "What did that man pick up?" "He picked up a piece of the truth," said the devil. "That is a very bad business for you, then," said his friend. "Oh, not at all," the devil replied, "I am going to help him organize it."

• Like 1

"I'm a great housekeeper. I get divorced. I keep the house." - Zsa Zsa Gabor

"We were both in love with him. I fell out of love with him, but he didn't." - Zsa Zsa Gabor

"A pessimist is a person who has had to listen to too many optimists." - Don Marquis

• Like 1

If faith is a valid tool of knowledge, then anything can be true 'by faith,' and therefore nothing is true. If the only reason you can accept a claim is by faith, then you are admitting that the claim does not stand on its own merits.

Dan Barker

• Like 1

Schwing!

Love Wayne's World! Haven't seen it in fo-eva! This word will now once again be part of my vocabulary. Many thanks to you! :D

McD, I'm holding you responsible for this.

PARTY TIME! EXCELLENT!!!

• Like 1

Imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, 'This is an interesting world I find myself in - an interesting hole I find myself in - fits me rather neatly, doesn't it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!' This is such a powerful idea that as the sun rises in the sky and the air heats up and as, gradually, the puddle gets smaller and smaller, it's still frantically hanging on to the notion that everything's going to be alright, because this world was meant to have him in it, was built to have him in it; so the moment he disappears catches him rather by surprise.

Douglas Adams

“In all affairs it's a healthy thing now and then to hang a question mark on the things you have long taken for granted.” - Bertrand Russell

“People believe, thought Shadow. It's what people do. They believe, and then they do not take responsibility for their beliefs; they conjure things, and do not trust the conjuration. People populate the darkness; with ghost, with gods, with electrons, with tales. People imagine, and people believe; and it is that rock solid belief, that makes things happen.” - Neil Gaiman, American Gods

• Like 2

"Whoso wants to do as they wish should not be born a woman." -- Nannina Rucellai, sister of Lorenzo de'Medici, in a letter to her mother, 1479

We've come a long way, baby.

"A Leftist believes, in apparent ignorance of biology, that any change is a good change." - Legion

:HaHa:

"Don't you know there ain't no devil? There's just God when he's drunk" - Tom Waits from Heart Attack and Vine.

• Like 1

"The Leftist routinely confuses community action with state action." - Legion

Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.

—Isaac Asimov

"Rank entirely overutilizes the word douchebag." - Legion

"Rank entirely overutilizes the word douchebag." - Legion

I hid that 'quote' when I thought better of it. But I clearly wasn't quick enough.

And yeah, I over-use quite a few words.

"Leftism criticizes religion because it doesn't like competition." - Legion

"The most fundamental fact about the ideas of the political Left is that they do not work. Therefore we should not be surprised to find the Left concentrated in institutions where ideas don't have to work in order to survive." - Thomas Sowell

"When a Leftist says 'social justice' what he really means is, 'payback's a bitch'." - Andrew Breitbart

"Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill

"People are never more sincere than when they assume their own superiority." - Thomas Sowell