:)

Legion...one a day, dude. One a day.

smile.png

"Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?" - Sun Tzu

Legion...one a day, dude. One a day.

smile.png

"Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?" - Sun Tzu

Good comeback. :)

"When a Leftist says 'social justice' what he really means is, 'payback's a bitch'." - Andrew Breitbart

The only difference between the left wingists and the right wingists, is that they fly in opposite directions, yet both are still flying in circles!

-Me

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." -Lucius Annaeus Seneca

"If it happens, God lets it happen, and when we say 'I don't understand,' God replies, 'I don't care.'" -Stephen King, The Green Mile

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question and he'll search for his own answers." -Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

• Like 2

"Oceans don't like having holes in them"

Neil DeGrasse Tyson

"I long ago abandoned the notion of a life without storms, or a world without dry and killing seasons. Life is too complicated, too constantly changing, to be anything but what it is. And I am, by nature, too mercurial to be anything but deeply wary of the grave unnaturalness involved in any attempt to exert too much control over essentially uncontrollable forces. There will always be propelling, disturbing elements, and they will be there until, as Lowell put it, the watch is taken from the wrist. It is, at the end of the day, the individual moments of restlessness, of bleakness, of strong persuasions and maddened enthusiasms, that inform one's life, change the nature and direction of one's work, and give final meaning and color to one's loves and friendships."

Kay Jamison, An Unquiet Mind

• Like 1

"The Leftist routinely confuses community action with state action." - Legion

You are starting to sound like Glenn Blech, Legion. Are you a closet leftist too?

"The Leftist routinely confuses community action with state action." - Legion

You are starting to sound like Glenn Blech, Legion. Are you a closet leftist too?

I believe I'm more in keeping with traditional liberalism, a liberalism which has hence been almost entirely destroyed by Leftists.

i.e.....

liberalism = venerable, valid

Leftism = bankrupt

"Shit happens. So you wipe, and then flush--and spray lots of air freshener." AnnaNymity

"Life sucks. That's it's job--stop taking things so damn personally! Just learn what you can from each experience, and move forward. I used to say 'move on,' but ever since I found out that I'm dying, I quit saying that--it's a liitle bit too close to 'pass on' for my comfort." AnnaNymity

"This too shall pass--maybe like a ten pound kidney stone, covered in glass shards and Tabasco--but this too, truly, shall pass." AnnaNymity

"There's a certain point of illness and disability that you reach, where you just start responding to symptoms by saying, 'If no body parts fall off, just ignore it--and even if they do, there's always duct tape and Super Glue.' But no staples please. . I hate staples! They always make me feel like some sort of an office memo." AnnaNymity

"Always remember: I'm perfectly willing to accept cash, credit card, or money order, in lieu of pity. But I do prefer cash--nothing personal, y'know, it's just the economy. . . you never can trust anyone anymore!" AnnaNymity

So you think that this situation is truly, overwhelmingly horrible, and you just can't help feeling sorry for yourself, huh? You can't stay positive, no matter what you do? Well, think about it this way: you could be living in Nigeria, bending over in the dirt, waiting to get your head lopped off with a machete--and hoping that your murderer takes good care of his tools, and keeps his blades really sharp." AnnaNymity

• Like 1

"This too shall pass--maybe like a ten pound kidney stone, covered in glass shards and Tabasco--but this too, truly, shall pass." AnnaNymity

GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif Glad I just swallowed my drink of water or I might've needed a new keyboard.

• Like 1

????

??

Glad I just swallowed my drink of water or I might've needed a new keyboard.

Oh, you understand what it's like for me then! Just try having to eat every hour on the hour (because of liver failure) while you're reading some of this stuff! You guys are frigging hilarious--whereas, my friends and neighbors, not so much :)

I'll be sitting here working my way through whatever it is that I'm eating, and suddenly I'll come upon something that makes me laugh out loud. Or, should I say, "would've made me laugh out loud, if my mouth hadn't been full, and I wasn't so busy spitting pasta across the room at the moment." :)

We’re told that God is loving, and kind, and just, and intrinsically good; but when someone like myself points out the rather obvious and compelling evidence that God is cruel and unjust, because he visits suffering on innocent people, of a scope and scale that would embarrass the most ambitious psychopath, we’re told that God is mysterious.. “Who can understand God’s will?” And yet, this “merely human” understanding of God’s will, is precisely what believers use to establish his goodness in the first place. You know, something good happens to a Christian, he feels some bliss while praying, say, or he sees some positive change in his life, and we’re told that God is good. But when children by the tens of thousands are torn from their parents’ arms and drowned, we’re told that God is mysterious. This is how you play tennis without the net.

Sam Harris

• Like 1

Time flies like an arrow,

fruit flies like a banana.

• Like 2

Time flies like an arrow,

fruit flies like a banana.

I've always liked that one Leith. It does strange things to my mind if I haven't seen it in a while.

“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” ― Terry Pratchett

“His philosophy was a mixture of three famous schools -- the Cynics, the Stoics and the Epicureans -- and summed up all three of them in his famous phrase, 'You can't trust any bugger further than you can throw him, and there's nothing you can do about it, so let's have a drink.” ― Terry Pratchett, Small Gods

“The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it.”

― Terry Pratchett, Monstrous Regiment

“The gods of the Disc have never bothered much about judging the souls of the dead, and so people only go to hell if that's where they believe, in their deepest heart, that they deserve to go. Which they won't do if they don't know about it. This explains why it is so important to shoot missionaries on sight.” ― Terry Pratchett, Eric

“It's no wonder most religions are born in the desert, because when men lay beneath that boundless night sky and look up at the infinite expanse of creation they have an uncontrollable urge to put something in the way” ― Terry Pratchett, Small Gods

“Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It's where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more.” ― Terry Pratchett

“A sense of humor...is superior to any religion so far devised.”

― Tom Robbins, Jitterbug Perfume

“I believe in everything; nothing is sacred. I believe in nothing; everything is sacred. Ha Ha Ho Ho Hee Hee.”

― Tom Robbins, Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

“Suppose neutral angels were able to talk, Yahweh and Lucifer – God and Satan, to use their popular titles – into settling out of court. What would be the terms of the compromise? Specifically, how would they divide the assets of their early kingdom?

Would God be satisfied the loaves and fishes and itty-bitty thimbles of Communion wine, while Satan to have the red-eye gravy, eighteen-ounce New York Stakes, and buckets of chilled champagne? Would God really accept twice-a-month lovemaking for procreative purposes and give Satan the all night, no-holds-barred, nasty “can’t-get-enough-of-you” hot-as-hell-fucks?

Think about it. Would Satan get New Orleans, Bangkok, and the French Riviera and God get Salt Lake City? Satan get ice hockey, God get horseshoes? God get bingo, Satan get stud poker? Satan get LSD; God, Prozac? God get Neil Simon; Satan Oscar Wilde?”

― Tom Robbins

"Life is wasted on the living" — Douglas Adams

"The large print giveth, the small print taketh away" —Tom Waits

"I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there, please help me, Superman" —Homer Simpson

"I've seen more intelligence in the crotch lice of harem whores." —Christopher Moore

"Here we are, trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why." —Kurt Vonnegut

"Life — and I don't suppose I'm the first to make this comparison — is a disease: sexually transmitted, and invariably fatal." —Neil Gaiman

"All we have to believe with is our senses, the tools we use to perceive the world: our sight, our touch, our memory. If they lie to us, then nothing can be trusted. And even if we do not believe, then still we cannot travel in any other way than the road our senses show us; and we must walk that road to the end."—Neil Gaiman, American Gods

• Like 1

"Here we are, trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why." —Kurt Vonnegut

digging it :3:

"Life is without meaning. You bring the meaning to it. The meaning of life is whatever you ascribe it to be. Being alive is the meaning." - Joseph Campbell

• Like 1

Love the Terry Pratchett quotes. My daughters and I read all his stuff. Too bad the old fellow is succumbing to Alzheimer's. There is no justice.

Love the Terry Pratchett quotes. My daughters and I read all his stuff. Too bad the old fellow is succumbing to Alzheimer's. There is no justice.

Yes! It breaks my heart.

Why does god need a spaceship?

"Must someone, some unseen thing, declare what is right for it to be right? I believe that my own morality--which answers only to my heart--is more sure and true than the morality of those who do right only because they fear retribution."-Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings

"Don't do what you can't undo, until you've considered what you can't do once you've done it."-Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

• Like 1

"Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman

“One must not think slightingly of the paradoxical…for the paradox is the source of the thinker’s passion, and the thinker without a paradox is like a lover without feeling: a paltry mediocrity.” - Søren Kierkegaard

"...a complex system is one in which there must exist closed loops of entailment." - Robert Rosen

Guest wester

"Writing on the role of the intellectual in American society, Thomas Merton claimed that we stand in the middle of the power pyramid. Intellectuals keep the people under control by interpreting the government’s policies of power to them. College and university teachers do this, the clergy likewise, members of the business and military communities also. We accept, and we use, the language of power, which in turn creates the illusion of good taste, reason, rational dialogue.

To do otherwise is to step outside the pyramid, which means becoming vulnerable. One might be passed over for promotion, turned down for publication, denied tenure. One might be marginalized, tagged with some pejorative “ism.” Standing in the middle of the power pyramid, we can pretend to challenge the status quo, while accepting its rules and rewards.

I began to see that there is no separation of church and state in America. There is merely a collective articulation of power, by individuals and groups who claim to be critical thinkers. As a priest, I stood square in the middle of the power pyramid, interpreting positions of power to my parishioners and students. Though I didn’t realize it at the time, my job was to interpret the capitalist, expansionist, war-driven paradigm of America’s military-industrial complex, making it appear rational when, in fact, it is destructively irrational."

Phil Berrigan - Fighting the Lamb's War

"The private sector is doing fine." - Barack Obama, June 2012

• Like 1