Goodbye Jesus

I'm Here To Provide Answers To Your Questions ... Please Try Me

Doug

I turned against xtianity because I realized it was all made up. It's that simple.

I understand totally ... but I have had a HUGE advantage over you!

My spiritual experiences have proven to me that God's

word is true.

In whatever shape they're in, He honors His Scriptures

... and He honors those who honor them.

All of my spiritual experiences have lined up (agreed) with the Bible.

Nothing has been in conflict.

What makes you think you're the only one here who has had "spiritual experiences"? Do you know us? Do you think you are a more advanced Xian than we were? I know the Bible pretty darn well, and that's why I quit.

Why should I worship anything? Really, what is the point of worshipping something simply because I can't see it? On the off-chance that it might be there? You know, the longer I'm out, the more crazy it all seems.

Welcome to the world. biggrin.png

Sometimes, I have trouble believing that I ever believed to begin with. Actually, that in itself is becoming a little problematic, because I'm occasionally starting to forget that other people do actually believe in it all, and I'll run off my mouth, disparaging religion and saying things like I hope no-one gets their morals from the bible to people I don't really know, and the thought will suddenly strike me: 'oh shit, are they a christian?'

I don't think you have to feel bad about that at all. After all, don't the fundies bring it on themselves? They're sssoooo rock sure of all the answers to life - they get their drug high from their magical book and then shove it down the throats of everyone else. So, in a way, they deserve the grief they get from non-xtians. And this feeling I have about them has nothing to do with my leaving their religion - I've always felt this even while I was fervently involved in xtian apologetics. I was never a bible thumper and was turned off by anyone who was.

Ok, Doug the Troll, I'll bite. Here's a question, or more of a challenge if you will:

Justify Judges 11:29-40

Won't quote the whole thing but it's about ritualistic human sacrifice of children,

only this time the protagonist actually kills his daughter unlike the cute little abraham

and isaac story where god steps in at the last minute and everything is cool.

Let's see what you got, buddy.

Okay, I didn't read the whole passage, but I'm sure it's like the others. Here's the deal ...

God's Plan was to produce His Messiah--Redeemer--Savior through the tiny nation of Israel.

Guess what, to do this God had to protect Israel from their more powerful enemies!

Enemies bent on destroying them. So, God had to fight some of their battles.

This also displayed to others why Israel called Him "Almighty God", etc.

Sometimes He thought it best to wipe out everything in sight ... as a big deterant for the future.

Heads up! ...

These people were destined for Hell anyway, so what's the big deal with going a few years early?

Which goes back to WHY was ALL of mankind destined to be separated from God.

I think all of you probably know that answer. But believing it is another matter, right?

It's all about belief and unbelief ... in God's spiritual Truth.

Believers get to spend eternity with God ... so, it's best to be a believer.

I went back to the very beginning of this crap to see, exactly, what ole dougie wrote to have caused the reaction. I came across this, something I've heard from the other so called apologists. Doug, if you are lurking, all I gotta say is you are ONE SICK FUCK. Justifying the killing of kids? You don't see anything wrong with that?

Scary isn't it? Now you see why I got so mad at him.

Ok, Doug the Troll, I'll bite. Here's a question, or more of a challenge if you will:

Justify Judges 11:29-40

Won't quote the whole thing but it's about ritualistic human sacrifice of children,

only this time the protagonist actually kills his daughter unlike the cute little abraham

and isaac story where god steps in at the last minute and everything is cool.

Let's see what you got, buddy.

Okay, I didn't read the whole passage, but I'm sure it's like the others. Here's the deal ...

God's Plan was to produce His Messiah--Redeemer--Savior through the tiny nation of Israel.

Guess what, to do this God had to protect Israel from their more powerful enemies!

Enemies bent on destroying them. So, God had to fight some of their battles.

This also displayed to others why Israel called Him "Almighty God", etc.

Sometimes He thought it best to wipe out everything in sight ... as a big deterant for the future.

Heads up! ...

These people were destined for Hell anyway, so what's the big deal with going a few years early?

Which goes back to WHY was ALL of mankind destined to be separated from God.

I think all of you probably know that answer. But believing it is another matter, right?

It's all about belief and unbelief ... in God's spiritual Truth.

Believers get to spend eternity with God ... so, it's best to be a believer.

I went back to the very beginning of this crap to see, exactly, what ole dougie wrote to have caused the reaction. I came across this, something I've heard from the other so called apologists. Doug, if you are lurking, all I gotta say is you are ONE SICK FUCK. Justifying the killing of kids? You don't see anything wrong with that?

Scary isn't it? Now you see why I got so mad at him.

Yeah, it's scary because this kind of mindset is responsible for some of the greatest atrocities ever committed against humanity. The nazis, for example, with their blind obedience to Hitler was no different than this blind obedience to a god who could order the slaughter of entire nations.

• 3 weeks later...

Why should I worship anything? Really, what is the point of worshipping something simply because I can't see it? On the off-chance that it might be there? You know, the longer I'm out, the more crazy it all seems.

And further to your point; what point is there in worshiping a being who is infinite? Do you really think he/she/they, need, or even want our worship? If you create someone, i.e, children, do you want them to constantly worship you? Is that the reason for creating them? If so, then your act was one of self-gratification, a characteristic unpraisworthy, in my humble opinion.