Goodbye Jesus

I'm Here To Provide Answers To Your Questions ... Please Try Me

Doug

Nothing - "empty space" - is still some kind of a "field" with quantum events popping in and out of existence, right?

I don't know, man. Just stuff I've read from some pretty smart dudes. But who knows. This could all be the matrix for all we know.

There is no spoon.

(sorry, but I just can't take this thread seriously.")

Hatred against God, His Scriptures, and me ... won't get anyone anywhere.

Instead, why not just ask questions?

Because we don't give a shit. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, flicked a match on it. Game over. Why do you retards persist in thinking we want to hear any more of this bullshit? Go away.

• Like 1

God created both angels and humans to have free will.

He DESIRED these free-will creations (not robots) to praise Him and worship Him.

And He DESIRED to have humans on earth freely praise and worship Him.

Angels in heaven and humans on earth ... all praising and worshipping Him.

Then why does He depend on an old book of tales from a bunch of illiterate goat herders from thousands of years ago and people's experiences? Why even leave room for doubt? He wouldn't have to force anybody to believe anything, just show up and prove His existence, and that'd clear a lot of stuff up.

• Like 1

Once more - another opinion and nothing more because you say you 'feel' the universe is too complex. Okay, you're entitled to your opinion there but you offer some rather confusing explanations. To wit:

1. It's too complex so it couldn't have been designed? Just because you cannot understand every nuance regarding it doesn't mean someone else, much more intelligent than you, me, and a trillion other beings, couldn't have designed it.

2. You say the theistic God is not big enough to explain it. Based on what? What logic? What philosophy? What empirical evidence? In other words, have you meant this god by any chance and realize he's lacking in some way? LOL

Back at ya'. Reversed also applies. ROFL!!!

I'm still waiting for your mathematical proof that God exists.

Wait Mathematical proof that god exists.....did JayL create a new profile?

Guest Valk0010

Hello Raoul, what you say amounts to asserting that, after all, there just might be a god.

Right and I think that is pretty reasonable to say in comparison to those who say there definitely is one or there is one who has specific plan for every human (this is the most absurd of all at least to me), etc.

OK, fair enough, but then, what's the practical application? There just might be leprechauns, after all. No one can prove that they don't exist. This is the sort of thinking that pushed me from agnosticism to saying, well, I might as well just fish instead of cut bait and say I'm an atheist, since I'm living as though there is no god and as though we push on in the natural "universe" the best we can.

1. I'm not qualified to talk about any practical application regarding the possibility of an intelligence because, quite honestly, I've often exclaimed "So what?" as in what good is it if it doesn't help me cope with something important in life.

2. Whether or not there are leprechauns, or Santa Claus (as many atheist LOVE to use), etc., - none of that has anything to do with discussions regarding singularity, first cause, et.al. - at least in my humble opinion. But to demonstrate how open minded I am, I am willing to concede the possibility of the existance of leprechauns if you are willing to concede the possibility of an intelligent designer behind the universe. By demonstrating my open mindedness I am also demonstrating a logical form of philosophical reasoning that suggests since I am not all knowing and have not visited every square inch of the planet and perhaps even the universe I am not qualified to say there are NOT leprechauns somewhere.

3. I admire your pracitical outlook regarding cutting the bait and simply trying to plod through this vale of tears. Don't we all?

Yeah sure there is a possibility of a abstract designer (deism is a beautiful concept) but how do you get from designer who only created the earth to designer somehow unable of creating something perfect which means then that he has to fix it by miracles?

I'm new here, and I can promise you that many of your questions/comments

are the direct result of lousy teaching in the churches today.

God has seen to it that a lot of critical information has been provided in His Scriptures,

but obviously it has to be believed to be of any benefit to you.

A lot of basic information is explained in Genesis, for example, but of course, if you don't believe it,

you're just SOL.

For starters ...

God created both angels and humans to have free will.

He DESIRED these free-will creations (not robots) to praise Him and worship Him.

Okay, is this reasonable, or do we need to discuss this before continuing?

P.S. I used to be an evangelist, so no amount of persecution, etc. will faze me in the least.

Wendywhatever.gif

Hatred against God, His Scriptures, and me ... won't get anyone anywhere.

I have a question -

you're an idiot, aren't you?

You can admit it, we've all seen it already anyway.

We can turn this into a therapy session, if you wish.

You certainly need one, or several.

Brother Doug....why won't god help us??

starving+children.jpg

He's too busy helping Tim Tebow.

• Like 2

My spiritual experiences have proven to me that God's word is true.

Subjective experience, which is meaningless.

Those not interested, totally bored, etc. ... why don't YOU leave the thread?

because - fuck you. That's why.

• Like 1

People need to understand their mortal enemy, Satan, and his fallen angels (demons).

They can easily deceive, side-track, etc. you into doing all kinds of terrible things.

You name it ... they can talk you into doing it. They can be very persistent until you give in.

IMO ...

Multitudes have always sat in church pews whose thinking may have been converted

(for some reason or other) into "believing" in Christianity, but they never were born again.

I do not believe someone who has been born again (from above) can just up and stop believing.

The Holy Spirit has come into these people to teach them "all things" (John 14:16-26).

1. 'satan' is fiction.

2. No one can be born 'from above' so no one can stop BEING that. We saw the bullshit for what it is and had to much integrity to play act it.

3. 'holy spirit' is fiction and never came into anyone.

That's why I'm here ... to explain stuff you've never heard before (whether anyone admits it or not).

You haven't said ANYTHING I've never heard before. Troll.

Desire that you may be one of these.

No.

I was way late. What the hell, it was fun.

• Like 2

I enjoyed reading your responses. Bit sad that I seem to have missed Dougie boy though- he really seemed to have a phone line to god. I wanted him to ask jebus why Bruce gets ear mites, but Wednesday doesn't. I guess I'll never know now.

Bruce is secretly gay. I wasn't going to tell you, but God knew.

Sometimes it's just good for the soul to get it out. :)

Once more - another opinion and nothing more because you say you 'feel' the universe is too complex. Okay, you're entitled to your opinion there but you offer some rather confusing explanations. To wit:

1. It's too complex so it couldn't have been designed? Just because you cannot understand every nuance regarding it doesn't mean someone else, much more intelligent than you, me, and a trillion other beings, couldn't have designed it.

2. You say the theistic God is not big enough to explain it. Based on what? What logic? What philosophy? What empirical evidence? In other words, have you meant this god by any chance and realize he's lacking in some way? LOL

Back at ya'. Reversed also applies. ROFL!!!

I'm still waiting for your mathematical proof that God exists.

Wait Mathematical proof that god exists.....did JayL create a new profile?

Still waiting for my mathematical proof that God exists? I'll provide it when you prove you really are a freethinker as your name implies or at least define it to me in completely objective terms. LOL

Seriously though, by making that demand you reveal that you really aren't a free thinker because I NEVER said I had 'proof' of anything. I merely posited premises from a philosophical standpoint. The math part entailed the absurdity of an actual infinite which I'm pretty sure probably went right over your head. My apologies if it didn't but then again if it didn't then you wouldn't have asked for mathematical proof in the first place.

To sum up - there is NO proof of an existence of a god. However there are compelling arguments to support the premise regardless of your 'freethinking' view is about it.

Those not interested, totally bored, etc. ... why don't YOU leave the thread?

because - fuck you. That's why.

I'm laughing my ass off reading that! I love it!

Hello Raoul, what you say amounts to asserting that, after all, there just might be a god.

Right and I think that is pretty reasonable to say in comparison to those who say there definitely is one or there is one who has specific plan for every human (this is the most absurd of all at least to me), etc.

OK, fair enough, but then, what's the practical application? There just might be leprechauns, after all. No one can prove that they don't exist. This is the sort of thinking that pushed me from agnosticism to saying, well, I might as well just fish instead of cut bait and say I'm an atheist, since I'm living as though there is no god and as though we push on in the natural "universe" the best we can.

1. I'm not qualified to talk about any practical application regarding the possibility of an intelligence because, quite honestly, I've often exclaimed "So what?" as in what good is it if it doesn't help me cope with something important in life.

2. Whether or not there are leprechauns, or Santa Claus (as many atheist LOVE to use), etc., - none of that has anything to do with discussions regarding singularity, first cause, et.al. - at least in my humble opinion. But to demonstrate how open minded I am, I am willing to concede the possibility of the existance of leprechauns if you are willing to concede the possibility of an intelligent designer behind the universe. By demonstrating my open mindedness I am also demonstrating a logical form of philosophical reasoning that suggests since I am not all knowing and have not visited every square inch of the planet and perhaps even the universe I am not qualified to say there are NOT leprechauns somewhere.

3. I admire your pracitical outlook regarding cutting the bait and simply trying to plod through this vale of tears. Don't we all?

Yeah sure there is a possibility of a abstract designer (deism is a beautiful concept) but how do you get from designer who only created the earth to designer somehow unable of creating something perfect which means then that he has to fix it by miracles?

I'm only interested in the initial phase of the argument and not the heading towards miracles or whatever. In fact, I don't particularly agree that miracles really do happen at least on the scale that the miracle seekers as I call them say they occur. I'm not discounting the possibility of one occurring but in my own life anything that seemed to have been miraculous in nature could have easily been explained by natural causes and/or reasons.

Bruce is secretly gay. I wasn't going to tell you, but God knew.

GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gifjesus.gif

I'm only interested in the initial phase of the argument and not the heading towards miracles or whatever. In fact, I don't particularly agree that miracles really do happen at least on the scale that the miracle seekers as I call them say they occur. I'm not discounting the possibility of one occurring but in my own life anything that seemed to have been miraculous in nature could have easily been explained by natural causes and/or reasons.

Sounds like you're more of a deist than theist. My understanding is the interaction between God and the world is one of the key differences between deism and theism.

People need to understand their mortal enemy, Satan, and his fallen angels (demons).

They can easily deceive, side-track, etc. you into doing all kinds of terrible things.

You name it ... they can talk you into doing it. They can be very persistent until you give in.

Your God is a jealous, angry, vengeful, wrathful God. Sounds like Satan to me. Why, Doug! I do believe you are a devil worshipper! You've been deceived into doing all kinds of terrible things in the name of your God. Please let us know when you are ready to repent, we will be happy to offer strong shoulders to cry on and support in your journey from the Dark Side.

Sounds like narcissistic personality disorder to me. Who could possibly be interested in that except for someone who is defined in psychiatry as a "narcissistic supply?" This is a codependent person who worships and adores and feeds the malignant narcissist. It's a sick, dysfunctional relationship. I would guess that your God is getting hungry since all of us have cut off his supply. Has he bled you dry yet? Is he in the back room, crying, "Feed me, Seymour!"?

• Like 2