Goodbye Jesus

I'm Here To Provide Answers To Your Questions ... Please Try Me

Doug

That's why I'm here ... to explain stuff you've never heard before (whether anyone admits it or not).

We've heard everything you have to say, Doug. We've even been guilty of saying it, it pains me to admit! But we are here to explain a LOT of stuff you've never heard before because you have been so thoroughly brainwashed that you can't let yourself hear it. But I think you must be having doubts and questions, or you wouldn't be here. Just ask!

What I really want to know is, why do I have to eat 3 or 4 times a day? I mean, seriously, it's a pain in the ass. Seems like god could have just given us humans rechargeable solar battery packs. And what's the deal with shoes? Why do I have to pay $100 for a good pair of Nike's made in Malaysia by some poor kid with no shoes? Couldn't god have just made me with shoes on my feet?

• Like 2

What I really want to know is, why do I have to eat 3 or 4 times a day? I mean, seriously, it's a pain in the ass. Seems like god could have just given us humans rechargeable solar battery packs. And what's the deal with shoes? Why do I have to pay $100 for a good pair of Nike's made in Malaysia by some poor kid with no shoes? Couldn't god have just made me with shoes on my feet?

Also, why do we have to eat things we have killed? We need plants, at least, and they're a form of life. Or we have to steal products from other lifeforms (milk, fruits from a tree). Why did God create a world where the top-of-the-creation being is something that needs to steal and kill to survive?

1. I'm not qualified to talk about any practical application regarding the possibility of an intelligence because, quite honestly, I've often exclaimed "So what?" as in what good is it if it doesn't help me cope with something important in life.

2. Whether or not there are leprechauns, or Santa Claus (as many atheist LOVE to use), etc., - none of that has anything to do with discussions regarding singularity, first cause, et.al. - at least in my humble opinion. But to demonstrate how open minded I am, I am willing to concede the possibility of the existance of leprechauns if you are willing to concede the possibility of an intelligent designer behind the universe. By demonstrating my open mindedness I am also demonstrating a logical form of philosophical reasoning that suggests since I am not all knowing and have not visited every square inch of the planet and perhaps even the universe I am not qualified to say there are NOT leprechauns somewhere.

3. I admire your pracitical outlook regarding cutting the bait and simply trying to plod through this vale of tears. Don't we all?

I can't prove that there is/was not a designer of the universe, just as I can't prove there are no leprechauns. I'm not going to try to say anything about the predicate "intelligent" except to concede that, if there was a designer, ex hypothesi the designer had intelligence. There is so much in the universe that seems haywire that I am not ready to say that it's perfect, or the best of all possible worlds, or anything. I see no particular problem that the hypothesis of a designer helps us address better than we can address it without that hypothesis, so to me the hypothesis seems otiose. That's why I compared the question to that of leprechauns; we don't gain anything by positing their existence, just as we don't gain anything by positing a designer's existence. As I see them, the classical arguments like the cosmological and the ontological (maybe you reject that one) beg the question.

I have absolutely no objections to eating 3 or 4 times a day, maybe more.

But, I agree with you on the shoe thing. If I were God, I would have created humans with hooves, like horses. Also, we'd all be covered with fur, hence no need for clothing. And there would be a wide variety of bold, vibrant fur colors. The only clothing that would worn is silly hats. Loud jewelry would also be allowed.

But, that's just me.

• Like 2

1. I only eat 2 meals a day because god said he would strike me dead if I ate more than that.

2. I only pay about 40 bucks on very good, quality running sneaks which, after alot of use, I wear as everyday footwear because god said he would strike me dead if I paid 1 penny over 40 bucks.

3. And yes, according to Darwin, eventually humans will be born with shoes already on their feet because god told me he would strike me dead if I didn't say that.

Sorry about all of the 'strike me dead' crap but many of you are SSSSOOOOO freaking mired in the OT that I am compelled to humor you. Besides, god told me...well you know the rest right? ROFL

• Like 1

Hey Dougie boy - where the hell are you? Some of these people probably think I'm the one who started this topic when the fact is, I don't have ANY freaking answers to ANY questions since I'm searching myself. So pulleesssee Dougie you self professed 'evangelist' - come back and take the heat. After all, John the baptiser took a hell of a lot more heat than you ever will culminating in his head being whacked off of his body. Stop being a coward - these folks are kinda nice and very intelligent regardless of what your pulpit pimp (my name for clergy) exclaims each and every Sunday......

graciously yours,

Raoul of Rotten Raoul's Rants blog and Youtube productions...

• Like 1

1. I only eat 2 meals a day because god said he would strike me dead if I ate more than that.

2. I only pay about 40 bucks on very good, quality running sneaks which, after alot of use, I wear as everyday footwear because god said he would strike me dead if I paid 1 penny over 40 bucks.

3. And yes, according to Darwin, eventually humans will be born with shoes already on their feet because god told me he would strike me dead if I didn't say that.

Sorry about all of the 'strike me dead' crap but many of you are SSSSOOOOO freaking mired in the OT that I am compelled to humor you. Besides, god told me...well you know the rest right? ROFL

Your sarcasm is duly noted.

The simple truth is, if you are going to claim the bible is the word of god, then it must be taken as a whole. There are also many many evangelicals who take it literally that would honestly believe what you just posted.

If you wish to discuss just the new testament, there are man on here more qualified to share with you then me. If you wish to only believe the good and not the bad, then you are denying how incredibly blood thirsty god is. If you ignore the OT and only look at the NT, then you are also denying that god who is suppose to be never changing, changed.

Just my $1.25.

• Like 1

Guest Valk0010

Hello Raoul, what you say amounts to asserting that, after all, there just might be a god.

Right and I think that is pretty reasonable to say in comparison to those who say there definitely is one or there is one who has specific plan for every human (this is the most absurd of all at least to me), etc.

OK, fair enough, but then, what's the practical application? There just might be leprechauns, after all. No one can prove that they don't exist. This is the sort of thinking that pushed me from agnosticism to saying, well, I might as well just fish instead of cut bait and say I'm an atheist, since I'm living as though there is no god and as though we push on in the natural "universe" the best we can.

1. I'm not qualified to talk about any practical application regarding the possibility of an intelligence because, quite honestly, I've often exclaimed "So what?" as in what good is it if it doesn't help me cope with something important in life.

2. Whether or not there are leprechauns, or Santa Claus (as many atheist LOVE to use), etc., - none of that has anything to do with discussions regarding singularity, first cause, et.al. - at least in my humble opinion. But to demonstrate how open minded I am, I am willing to concede the possibility of the existance of leprechauns if you are willing to concede the possibility of an intelligent designer behind the universe. By demonstrating my open mindedness I am also demonstrating a logical form of philosophical reasoning that suggests since I am not all knowing and have not visited every square inch of the planet and perhaps even the universe I am not qualified to say there are NOT leprechauns somewhere.

3. I admire your pracitical outlook regarding cutting the bait and simply trying to plod through this vale of tears. Don't we all?

Yeah sure there is a possibility of a abstract designer (deism is a beautiful concept) but how do you get from designer who only created the earth to designer somehow unable of creating something perfect which means then that he has to fix it by miracles?

I'm only interested in the initial phase of the argument and not the heading towards miracles or whatever. In fact, I don't particularly agree that miracles really do happen at least on the scale that the miracle seekers as I call them say they occur. I'm not discounting the possibility of one occurring but in my own life anything that seemed to have been miraculous in nature could have easily been explained by natural causes and/or reasons.

Then Aquina's god, why? Thought he was theist.

Hey Dougie boy - where the hell are you? Some of these people probably think I'm the one who started this topic when the fact is, I don't have ANY freaking answers to ANY questions since I'm searching myself. So pulleesssee Dougie you self professed 'evangelist' - come back and take the heat. After all, John the baptiser took a hell of a lot more heat than you ever will culminating in his head being whacked off of his body. Stop being a coward - these folks are kinda nice and very intelligent regardless of what your pulpit pimp (my name for clergy) exclaims each and every Sunday......

graciously yours,

I personally think you're ADORB, Raoul. I'm glad you're here and I really don't want you to feel ganged up on. Please please don't interpret this cuddle puddle as mean-spirited. We just don't get to see someone like you often.

BTW, that thing about god striking you dead if you ate more than 2 meals--that almost got me. I was like "Wait, what? Where is THAT in any holy books?"

I'm not ever going to be able to go with an intelligent design theory because, simply put, it's not really something we can test for. We don't have a separate universe we can compare with or manipulate, for example. The theory can't be tested or disproven. Science works with shit that can be falsified, and this really can't be. For all the Christian-ish ID freaks talking about "irreducible complexity" and human eyes, there are a hundred more reputable non-ID folks disproving the shoddy math the ID people used and showing up with reams of peer-reviewed papers about ID's shortcomings (especially around natural selection). Again, they've had like 30 years to come up with SOMETHING that science can actually look at without breaking into high-pitched giggles, and so far they haven't managed to do anything but embarrass themselves. I just don't think a designer was needed, it's logically absurd that one would be present (again: can't design something MORE complex than oneself, so the designer needs a design and ID can't account for that), and nothing ID pseudo-science has cobbled together has advanced their ideas one iota since the movement's inception. I'm perfectly comfortable with rejecting its weird claims. But if you want to privately believe it on your time, that's cool, just please don't do anything to put it into schools, ok? And we'll be cool.

People need to understand their mortal enemy, Satan, and his fallen angels (demons).

They can easily deceive, side-track, etc. you into doing all kinds of terrible things.

You name it ... they can talk you into doing it. They can be very persistent until you give in.

Those aren't demons. Those are Leftists. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

OH LEGION>>>>> WIll you marry me?

(But then again you don't bring me flowers like you do Trailblazer. I like math. Why don't I get a fancy flower? **sniffsniff**)

Your sarcasm is duly noted.

The simple truth is, if you are going to claim the bible is the word of god, then it must be taken as a whole. There are also many many evangelicals who take it literally that would honestly believe what you just posted.

If you wish to discuss just the new testament, there are man on here more qualified to share with you then me. If you wish to only believe the good and not the bad, then you are denying how incredibly blood thirsty god is. If you ignore the OT and only look at the NT, then you are also denying that god who is suppose to be never changing, changed.

Just my $1.25.

I'm not sure whom you're writing this to. I never said the bible was the word of anyone nor do I believe it.

graciously yours,

I personally think you're ADORB, Raoul. I'm glad you're here and I really don't want you to feel ganged up on. Please please don't interpret this cuddle puddle as mean-spirited. We just don't get to see someone like you often.

BTW, that thing about god striking you dead if you ate more than 2 meals--that almost got me. I was like "Wait, what? Where is THAT in any holy books?"

I'm not ever going to be able to go with an intelligent design theory because, simply put, it's not really something we can test for. We don't have a separate universe we can compare with or manipulate, for example. The theory can't be tested or disproven. Science works with shit that can be falsified, and this really can't be. For all the Christian-ish ID freaks talking about "irreducible complexity" and human eyes, there are a hundred more reputable non-ID folks disproving the shoddy math the ID people used and showing up with reams of peer-reviewed papers about ID's shortcomings (especially around natural selection). Again, they've had like 30 years to come up with SOMETHING that science can actually look at without breaking into high-pitched giggles, and so far they haven't managed to do anything but embarrass themselves. I just don't think a designer was needed, it's logically absurd that one would be present (again: can't design something MORE complex than oneself, so the designer needs a design and ID can't account for that), and nothing ID pseudo-science has cobbled together has advanced their ideas one iota since the movement's inception. I'm perfectly comfortable with rejecting its weird claims. But if you want to privately believe it on your time, that's cool, just please don't do anything to put it into schools, ok? And we'll be cool.

Please don't misunderstand my hyperbolic humor - I never thought anyone was ganging up on me nor do I feel any hostility at all. Just the opposite. And only one quick retort regarding what you said - the designer does not, necessarily, need a designer by the very nature of its definition or qualifications. That's merely a human assumption.

Bruce is secretly gay. I wasn't going to tell you, but God knew.

eek.gif So THAT'S why he likes men more than women!!!

Please don't misunderstand my hyperbolic humor -

Whew :)

And only one quick retort regarding what you said - the designer does not, necessarily, need a designer by the very nature of its definition or qualifications. That's merely a human assumption.

So is the assumption that the universe is fine-tuned or that anything about it requires designing. ;)

Please don't misunderstand my hyperbolic humor -

Whew smile.png

And only one quick retort regarding what you said - the designer does not, necessarily, need a designer by the very nature of its definition or qualifications. That's merely a human assumption.

So is the assumption that the universe is fine-tuned or that anything about it requires designing. wink.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNQPorjKoJ0&feature=youtube_gdata

None of your answers are new, Doug; we've heard them before. We are here because we reject them. We have come up with more satisfying answers or decided we can live with uncertainty.

I have a question for you, though, relating to your first comment: why does God want us to worship him?

I liked your video... I think. I liked your manner of speech. I'm not certain I understood what you were saying, but I did like the way you said it :) Kind of reminded me of someone I know, just not sure who. My, I am confuzzled tonight.

None of your answers are new, Doug; we've heard them before. We are here because we reject them. We have come up with more satisfying answers or decided we can live with uncertainty.

I have a question for you, though, relating to your first comment: why does God want us to worship him?

Hi, I'm filling in for Dougie because he ain't feelin' so good lately. LOL I think they as in they of the church told him that if he simply came over here and browbeat everyone then people would fall on their knees, repent of their vile ways, and follow him like the mice with the Pied Piper back to his church. LOL

In answer to your question - there are numerous answers:

1. He's a very lonely person

2. He's a narcissist

3, He's God so we gotta do exactly what He wants us to do no matter how absurd it seems - I mean, just look at all of the aholes around who begin a sentence with "God told me..."

4. Actually he doesn't give a crap if you worship him or not

Okay, 'nuff of the jokes. I think Augustine put it best and it has NOTHING to do with worship per se. He said "love God and do what you want"

The implication being not that you'd go off and do some pretty bad things but that if you walk in the spiritual light of whatever reality you possess, you will only do good (for the most part anyway). I'm no expert - that's just my 2 cents okay?

I liked your video... I think. I liked your manner of speech. I'm not certain I understood what you were saying, but I did like the way you said it smile.png Kind of reminded me of someone I know, just not sure who. My, I am confuzzled tonight.

That makes BOTH of us (not understanding what I'm saying) ROFL

I've been told I remind people of the actor (from Jaws) Richard Dreyfuss but my sarcasm reminds them of my hero - the late and great George Carlin. I just bought his bio, Last Words, and am looking forward to reading it. The very first page of it had me cracking up so I can't wait until I get to the rest of it.

Hi, I'm filling in for Dougie because he ain't feelin' so good lately. LOL I think they as in they of the church told him that if he simply came over here and browbeat everyone then people would fall on their knees, repent of their vile ways, and follow him like the mice with the Pied Piper back to his church. LOL

2. He's a narcissist

3, He's God so we gotta do exactly what He wants us to do no matter how absurd it seems - I mean, just look at all of the aholes around who begin a sentence with "God told me..."

Okay, 'nuff of the jokes. I think Augustine put it best and it has NOTHING to do with worship per se. He said "love God and do what you want"

The implication being not that you'd go off and do some pretty bad things but that if you walk in the spiritual light of whatever reality you possess, you will only do good (for the most part anyway). I'm no expert - that's just my 2 cents okay?

I think those 4 "jokes" are close to the truth of Yahweh than you may think ;)

I think those 4 "jokes" are close to the truth of Yahweh than you may think wink.png

Humor is truth disguised.

2. He's a narcissist

I think those 4 "jokes" are close to the truth of Yahweh than you may think wink.png

After re-reading what I wrote and thinking about what I remember of the ot of the bible, you're absolutely right on. So, my bag I guess..

Humor is truth disguised.

On the other hand it might be 'truth humorously told'... LOL

signed,

The free-er thinker...

That makes BOTH of us (not understanding what I'm saying) ROFL

I've been told I remind people of the actor (from Jaws) Richard Dreyfuss but my sarcasm reminds them of my hero - the late and great George Carlin. I just bought his bio, Last Words, and am looking forward to reading it. The very first page of it had me cracking up so I can't wait until I get to the rest of it.

lol glad I'm not the only one!

That may be who your vocal inflections remind me of- George Carlin. A lot of his humour wasn't just what he said, but how he said it.