Goodbye Jesus

I'm Here To Provide Answers To Your Questions ... Please Try Me

Doug

*chuckles*

I PLONKed the moron earlier today but what I still get to see of its babble via your replies is already... oh boy!... *struggles to stay on his office chair while laughing his arse off*

Doug. Need to stop you right there. If this is going to go anywhere, you need to first provide support

for the authority of the bible before you can use the bible to answer questions.

We do not accept the bible as an authority on truth. Using the bible to prove its own authority is circular reasoning.

Give us a reason to accept it or don't use it on us, otherwise this conversation isn't going anywhere.

You know there's no absolute tangible proof for spiritual matters.

I gave my reasons for my total belief already:

-- the witness of God's Spirit

-- my experiences totally line up with God's word

P.S. Those not interested, totally bored, etc. ... why don't YOU leave the thread?

When atheists ask for god to give us real deal evidence of his existence Christians will often say "That would be god forcing himself upon man. He gave man free will."

How is giving man solid evidence denying us of free will? Man can still choose to accept him and his laws or to reject him. God gave his early prophets solid evidence of his existence. Was he taking free will from Moses by appearing as a burning bush?

Instead, why not just ask questions?

Brother Doug....why won't god help us??

starving+children.jpg

Uncle Dougie, before you start opening all kinds of other topics, would you please come back here and do what you promised in your OP......answer our questions!! I have asked this question 3 times now!!

There are many questions on this thread and you have not tended to one yet. What's the problem here??

Don't piss Margee off, you asshole.............vent.gif

• Like 5

Worst evangelist ever. Bulgaria must be a huge mess.

• Like 3

Or the most gullible nation ever.

• Like 1

...or possibly both.

• Like 1

...or possibly both.

Haha no they just wanted him to leave so they put up a front!

• Like 1

"Shh, he'll leave if we smile and wave Bibles around." "Whew! He's gone! Everybody go get their sacrificial baby and stone knife! Someone get the Altar of Atheistic Communism ready!"

• Like 1

*watches the thread with some beer and popcorn at reach*

Wheeee, why could I predict almost every single piece of crap that the morontheist has been babbling so far? I guess I must be a prophet... lmao_99.gif

Perhaps you could then profit from your prophetic power while posing as preacher of the pantheistic.

Well Doug the Troll is back under the bridge so to speak, only he started a new topic. I predict he won't be back on this one.

Hey Thurisaz, I'm a fuckin prophet too! We should start a club!

• Super Moderator

Well Doug the Troll is back under the bridge so to speak, only he started a new topic. I predict he won't be back on this one.

And he's attracted another fucktard for jesus -- Enlightened1. It's gonna be fun! GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Now I like to think the best in people. Let's say Doug is a real and good little Bible-thumping Christian who wants to save our souls from damnation. Maybe he's torn his sackcloth in grief and despair and has gone into prayer and fasting for us all. Maybe he's sitting in his little church library diligently researching the answers to our questions.yelrotflmao.gif

I guess that's another one for me as prophet... I predicted that fuckface would be running home crying very soon. Damn it feels good to be suuuuuuuuperhuman! :lmao:

Sure pal... I just wonder how long it will take us to form our own cult :crazy:

And he's attracted another fucktard for jesus -- Enlightened1. It's gonna be fun! GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Enlightened1 turns out to be fake. Oh well.

Now I like to think the best in people. Let's say Doug is a real and good little Bible-thumping Christian who wants to save our souls from damnation. Maybe he's torn his sackcloth in grief and despair and has gone into prayer and fasting for us all. Maybe he's sitting in his little church library diligently researching the answers to our questions.yelrotflmao.gif

I'm at 50/50 he's for real.

Sure pal... I just wonder how long it will take us to form our own cult Wendycrazy.gif

As long as its the "give us money" kind of cult and not the "here drink this" kind. I prefer money to arsenic any day.

Okay, I'll go first since you obviously know alot about the bible and related matters. Question: how many errors are there in the bible?

People need to understand their mortal enemy, Satan, and his fallen angels (demons).

They can easily deceive, side-track, etc. you into doing all kinds of terrible things.

You name it ... they can talk you into doing it. They can be very persistent until you give in.

IMO ...

Multitudes have always sat in church pews whose thinking may have been converted

(for some reason or other) into "believing" in Christianity, but they never were born again.

I do not believe someone who has been born again (from above) can just up and stop believing.

The Holy Spirit has come into these people to teach them "all things" (John 14:16-26).

God's supposed to be all powerful, but he can't save people and will even allow them to be decieved into thinking their saved. All while providing no tangible evidence that he exists or that they are saved. Doesn't that raise your suspicion?

People who have been raised Christian for years have tried to find God, but are still not "True Christians" according to your ilk. What does one have to do? Why can't God communicate clearly with his people? Why does God make himself so hard to seek, but still demands that we follow him?

God created both angels and humans to have free will.

He DESIRED these free-will creations (not robots) to praise Him and worship Him.

And He DESIRED to have humans on earth freely praise and worship Him.

Angels in heaven and humans on earth ... all praising and worshipping Him.

Okay, for fun, maybe you can answer a question that NONE have been able to give an answer for in my 35 years.

Why did God create man?Why did he feel it necessary to create a separate plane of existance for us to live on

and then make us earn his trust?

Why did he place temptation in the garden if he knew we were innocent and supplicant WITHOUT it?

These are very important questions.

Telling me that we were created in his image DOES NOT answer why. I want the WHY answered, not the how, when, who or what. I expect you will try to quote scripture, but if it is vague scripture that requires you to twist the word "and" to mean something other than what it means, then do not use that scripture. And if you cherry pick your answer from a scripture regarding Job or Paul and try to apply it in reverse time order, it won't work either.

Seriously, answer this. I am genuinely curious.

Ever heard that God hasn't told us everything?

If He were to tell us everything, where/how would FAITH be important?

The answer is in your quote.

I don't know, but it's on the Internet

... IMO, God wanted free-will creations to choose to be obedient, etc.

1/3 of the angels did not ... they followed Lucifer/Satan.

The first humans, Adam and Eve, did not ... they followed the serpent (Satan).

God DESIRED obedient free-will creations (angels and humans) to praise/worship Him.

His solution was to put His Spirit inside some humans

... His Spirit would lead--guide--instruct--teach them to please God.

No humans deserve to be sanctified unto holiness.

But, God gives some humans His grace to go through this process.

Desire that you may be one of these.

God desired free will creations so that those who don't use their free will to worship him will be tortured in hell for eternity. Nice.

It ain't a free choice if one choice ends in eternal punishment. That's extortion/blackmail/etc

• Like 3

Okay, I'll go first since you obviously know alot about the bible and related matters. Question: how many errors are there in the bible?

Well, Doug the Troll is hiding under a different bridge by now, but as for your question, you can start here:

http://www.1001biblecontradictions.com/

• Like 1

So did my spell of banishing Doug work??? He is not coming back to this thread? :o Holy bible spells Batman, cheezus answered our calls. It must all be true. lmao_99.gif

• Like 2

Well, Doug the Troll is hiding under a different bridge by now, but as for your question, you can start here:

http://www.1001bible...radictions.com/

thanks but no thanks. I already knew the answer like any good lawyer who never asks a question he/she doesn't know the answer to beforehand. I was merely trying to set up a trap but of course, like all thumpers, he ran like a coward. He's probably 'testifying' at his church right now about how much the devil attacked him or some other freaking garbage.

http://www.1001bible...radictions.com/

thanks but no thanks. I already knew the answer like any good lawyer who never asks a question he/she doesn't know the answer to beforehand. I was merely trying to set up a trap but of course, like all thumpers, he ran like a coward. He's probably 'testifying' at his church right now about how much the devil attacked him or some other freaking garbage.

Well you're new here so I didn't want to not answer because it was possibly a legit inquiry.

Of course the little troll ran off, pretty typical behavior, they just keep rehashing their talking points and never once answer the damn question. Then you call him on it and he bitches that if you don't want to hear what he has to say you should just leave! It's exchristian.net asshole, you're in OUR territory! I don't know how much of this thread you read but early on (and several more times) I asked him point blank to come up with a justification for the last part of Judges 11 (seriously fucked up material btw) and the little prick actually begins his reply with "I won't bother reading all of it, but I suspect its like many other passages..." 10 verses. 10 fucking verses and he can't take the time to read it all. Then I started another thread on it where I actually posted the whole text and we had a brief but good discussion on it...guess who never showed up?

None of what you just shared surprises me in the least but I find it funny in a way that you bring up something in the old testament because, as a novice and I stress novice bible scholar I know that the ot was NEVER meant for a supposedly xtian especially a 21st century one. But it's their fault since they're in the ot MORE than they are the nt.

And thanks for your consideration about replying to me although I'm not brand new per se - I just don't post much. But I do read alot of the articles written by people sharing their horrible experiences with religion. While I'm a theist, I don't blame anyone who isn't.

edited to remove double-post

None of what you just shared surprises me in the least but I find it funny in a way that you bring up something in the old testament because, as a novice and I stress novice bible scholar I know that the ot was NEVER meant for a supposedly xtian especially a 21st century one. But it's their fault since they're in the ot MORE than they are the nt.

I honestly don't see a distinction between OT and NT. Probably because of my religious upbringing...I was taught in church that the whole bible is god's literal truth. I used to believe that, and people like Dougie most definitely believe that, that's why I consider OT material to be fair game to use as ammunition against him.

At a different time in my life, I briefly subscribed to the more liberal notion that the OT was a bunch of legends and the NT was the only relevant bit. But upon further examination I don't think that's a valid line of thinking. NT authors clearly believed in the OT, as did the character of Jesus.

While I'm a theist, I don't blame anyone who isn't.

Well hopefully you'll engage in some actual dialogue on here. I hardly ever get to talk to theists who aren't rabid fundys like our pal doug. Tell me, what exactly do you believe, and why?

Hatred against God, His Scriptures, and me ... won't get anyone anywhere.

Instead, why not just ask questions?

But questioning the accuracy, validity and impact of the belief, will!

• Like 1