Goodbye Jesus

I'm Here To Provide Answers To Your Questions ... Please Try Me

Doug

Doug, if you would go through the trouble of actually following your book handed to you by ancient pagan sheep herders, you would find this passage:

11 Whatever town or village you enter, search there for some worthy person and stay at their house until you leave.

12 As you enter the home, give it your greeting.

13 If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you.

14 If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet.

For some reason, Christians who come here have a lot of trouble understanding this passage,

even though this supposedly was spoken by Jesus himself.

Not everyone here has made me feel unwelcome.

Not everyone here has refused to listen to my words.

As to the others, they are described herewith ...

Matthew 7:

6 “Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine,

lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.

Doug. Need to stop you right there. If this is going to go anywhere, you need to first provide support

for the authority of the bible before you can use the bible to answer questions.

We do not accept the bible as an authority on truth. Using the bible to prove its own authority is circular reasoning.

Give us a reason to accept it or don't use it on us, otherwise this conversation isn't going anywhere.

You know there's no absolute tangible proof for spiritual matters.

I gave my reasons for my total belief already:

-- the witness of God's Spirit

-- my experiences totally line up with God's word

P.S. Those not interested, totally bored, etc. ... why don't YOU leave the thread?

Because I'm interested in finding out which member of Ex.christian is behind this joke. It's pretty obvious that "Doug" is not really a new member since new members don't get editing capability until after 25 posts (as Legion noted early on in this thread).

I move we ignore the obvious troll is obvious.

People need to understand their mortal enemy, Satan, and his fallen angels (demons).

I hope you stay here because your offer to answer questions is important, especially for lurkers.

Just curious, where does the Old Testament say that Satan has fallen angels or say that Satan is an enemy of God?

A lot of info about Satan is in several places in the OT.

I have a lengthy article which quotes, I think, all of them.

I'm specifically interested in the quotes that identify Satan as having fallen angels and being an enemy of God.

To save some time, please don't offer Isa 14 or Ezek 28 as proof texts.

Neither one of these mentions Satan directly or indirectly.

Assuming Doug isn't a Poe I find it hilarious Christians come here and act like we haven't heard this stuff before. "But Jesus died for your sins!!" isn't exactly riveting or new info.

A lot of info about Satan is in several places in the OT.

I have a lengthy article which quotes, I think, all of them.

Please post it so we can tell you why it's bullshit and at least clear that up...

3DollarBill welcome to ex-C.

I gotta tell you. I really like your answer for the existence of God... "I don't care."

Now that's powerful.

Love Christianity and it grows; hate Christianity and it grows, but ignore it and it withers.

Thank you. Before signing up, reading this site really helped me work through some stuff and I hope I can help others do the same. And I like to have fun with folks like Dougie here. I don't care if gods exist because I acknowledge it's possible we may eventually discover something that we classify as a god, but until then...what bearing does it have on decision making?

Questions for Doug:

How can a loving God kill an estimated 21,000,000 people in "Noah's" flood, including unborn children, infants, toddlers, etc.?

Estimates vary but you can't deny that the number of god's recorded murders in staggering.

Meanwhile Satan may have killed up to 50 depending on the number of slaves present...but even that was part of a bet with god making good ol' yahweh partially responsible.

Bum dum chee.

:HaHa:

Hey man, seriously. Anything is better than engaging this guy. I mean, I'm willing to speak with him as a fellow human being, but not as a Christian. So when he decides to get real, and get human, then we can talk.

Matthew 7:

6 “Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine,

lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.

So, since you consider us to be "dogs" or "swine," you're basically disobeying this verse, too, since you seem bent on casting your pearls before us. By the way, casting pearls before people isn't something that men should be doing in public, and you'd better clean up that mess as soon as possible, because it's really gross. Yuck.

• Like 1

I'm new here, and I can promise you that many of your questions/comments

are the direct result of lousy teaching in the churches today.

God has seen to it that a lot of critical information has been provided in His Scriptures,

but obviously it has to be believed to be of any benefit to you.

A lot of basic information is explained in Genesis, for example, but of course, if you don't believe it,

you're just SOL.

For starters ...

God created both angels and humans to have free will.

He DESIRED these free-will creations (not robots) to praise Him and worship Him.

And He DESIRED to have humans on earth freely praise and worship Him.

Angels in heaven and humans on earth ... all praising and worshipping Him.

Okay, is this reasonable, or do we need to discuss this before continuing?

P.S. I used to be an evangelist, so no amount of persecution, etc. will faze me in the least.

Okay, for fun, maybe you can answer a question that NONE have been able to give an answer for in my 35 years.

Why did God create man? Why did he feel it necessary to create a separate plane of existance for us to live on and then make us earn his trust? Why did he place temptation in the garden if he knew we were innocent and supplicant WITHOUT it?

These are very important questions.

Telling me that we were created in his image DOES NOT answer why. I want the WHY answered, not the how, when, who or what. I expect you will try to quote scripture, but if it is vague scripture that requires you to twist the word "and" to mean something other than what it means, then do not use that scripture. And if you cherry pick your answer from a scripture regarding Job or Paul and try to apply it in reverse time order, it won't work either.

Seriously, answer this. I am genuinely curious.

Legion and Trailblazer, if you have not seen this, it is really fun.

youtube search for - Doodling in Math: Spirals, Fibonacci, and Being a Plant [1 of 3]

• Like 5

Ummm if these people were destined for hell anyway, isn't that directly going against the notion of your "free will" scenario?

He's wiping out entire civilizations ahead of time because they are destined to Hell anyway.

Interesting line of thought. So why is abortion wrong if we know this child is destined to hell anyway?

God chose the tiny nation of Israel as man's representatives of the human race.

Through them, He proved what mankind was (after "the fall" ... the rebellion of the first humans).

God proved that man was totally incapable of pleasing Him (because they were rebellious sinners).

He proved why they all had to be separated from Him and not allowed into Heaven.

God and the Israelites had their hands full with each other.

They were not into evangelizing.

When their neighbors died, they were finished ... no hope.

Today, we evangelize with man's only hope of Heaven ... Jesus the Messiah--Redeemer--Savior.

But, unborn babies have to grow up and be given the opportunity of believing

(whether they are elected, or choose, to believe ... it's all the same).

That's why I'm here ... to explain stuff you've never heard before (whether anyone admits it or not).

This is a bookmark for the video posted above, which I want to watch when I get home.

Legion and Trailblazer, if you have not seen this, it is really fun.

Thank you NPT. I intend to watch it ASAP.

Welcome to ex-C! :bounce:

Ummm if these people were destined for hell anyway, isn't that directly going against the notion of your "free will" scenario?

He's wiping out entire civilizations ahead of time because they are destined to Hell anyway.

Interesting line of thought. So why is abortion wrong if we know this child is destined to hell anyway?

Through them, He proved what mankind was (after "the fall" ... the rebellion of the first humans).

God proved that man was totally incapable of pleasing Him (because they were rebellious sinners).

He proved why they all had to be separated from Him and not allowed into Heaven.

Today, we evangelize with man's only hope of Heaven ... Jesus the Messiah--Redeemer--Savior.

That's why I'm here ... to explain stuff you've never heard before (whether anyone admits it or not).

That's amazing! In all of that text, you've managed to not answer even one of the questions put to you in a meaningful way. That takes some real talent.

• Like 5

The problem so far is that you assume things that you haven't established as being true.

You can go a long way to validate your mission here by listing some of the Old Testament scriptural qualifications for a valid king messiah.

The next step would be to show how Jesus met these qualifications.

That's amazing! In all of that text, you've managed to not answer even one of the questions put to you in a meaningful way. That takes some real talent.

Typical. But I'm not giving up...

I know more theology and scripture than you do. Simple fact. No, I aint heard it all but I guaran-fucking-tee you aint either. See, there's a lot of stories they dont tell in church cause they reveal biblegod to be a petty imbecilic tyrant. You believe da WHOLE babble, right?

And by the way...Judges 11:29-40! EXPLAIN SOME GODDAMN CHILD SACRIFICE!

The problem so far is that you assume things that you haven't established as being true.

You can go a long way to validate your mission here by listing some of the Old Testament scriptural qualifications for a valid king messiah.

We all know Doug's just going to post some [irrelevant] passages from Isaiah in response to that.

Doug. Need to stop you right there. If this is going to go anywhere, you need to first provide support

for the authority of the bible before you can use the bible to answer questions.

We do not accept the bible as an authority on truth. Using the bible to prove its own authority is circular reasoning.

Give us a reason to accept it or don't use it on us, otherwise this conversation isn't going anywhere.

P.S. Those not interested, totally bored, etc. ... why don't YOU leave the thread?

Because I'm interested in finding out which member of Ex.christian is behind this joke. It's pretty obvious that "Doug" is not really a new member since new members don't get editing capability until after 25 posts (as Legion noted early on in this thread).

But this would then mean it's someone with mod capabilities, no? And if it's someone with mod capabilities, why not just hide the edit print like it's hidden for subscribers? Not sure why he was able to edit after 5 posts, but seems there has to be another explanation. :shrug:

Okay, I'm assuming your are adding your own subjective understanding in parantheses....that doesn't address the unborn babes. Can you give me God's actual quoted word about the subject, and this time, not neatly delete what the original post I responded to in order to neatly take your answer out of context? And you still didn't address your freewill issue.

Where is your backing for God needing to further separate us from him by killing millions ahead of time? Last I checked he did that with expelling Adam and Eve from the garden of Eden......

Do I need to quote you the scripture where he cast them out? Can you find that on your own okay? I realize I am here to help you read things you have never actually read with your own eyes before...

He DESIRED these free-will creations (not robots) to praise Him and worship Him.

Okay, for fun, maybe you can answer a question that NONE have been able to give an answer for in my 35 years.

Why did God create man?Why did he feel it necessary to create a separate plane of existance for us to live on

and then make us earn his trust?

Why did he place temptation in the garden if he knew we were innocent and supplicant WITHOUT it?

These are very important questions.

Telling me that we were created in his image DOES NOT answer why. I want the WHY answered, not the how, when, who or what. I expect you will try to quote scripture, but if it is vague scripture that requires you to twist the word "and" to mean something other than what it means, then do not use that scripture. And if you cherry pick your answer from a scripture regarding Job or Paul and try to apply it in reverse time order, it won't work either.

Seriously, answer this. I am genuinely curious.

Ever heard that God hasn't told us everything?

If He were to tell us everything, where/how would FAITH be important?

The answer is in your quote.

I don't know, but it's on the Internet

... IMO, God wanted free-will creations to choose to be obedient, etc.

1/3 of the angels did not ... they followed Lucifer/Satan.

The first humans, Adam and Eve, did not ... they followed the serpent (Satan).

God DESIRED obedient free-will creations (angels and humans) to praise/worship Him.

His solution was to put His Spirit inside some humans

... His Spirit would lead--guide--instruct--teach them to please God.

No humans deserve to be sanctified unto holiness.

But, God gives some humans His grace to go through this process.

Desire that you may be one of these.

But this would then mean it's someone with mod capabilities, no? And if it's someone with mod capabilities, why not just hide the edit print like it's hidden for subscribers? Not sure why he was able to edit after 5 posts, but seems there has to be another explanation. Wendyshrug.gif

I had a weird thing happen when I first signed up here. The board crashed just a day or two after I signed up (but before I posted anything), and all traces of my account vanished. The admins couldn't find any trace of me anywhere. When I asked to have my account reinstated, I'm pretty sure that I could see the existence of the Sex forum and I was able to edit my posts right away. It was an odd glitch.

Ever heard that God hasn't told us everything?

If He were to tell us everything, where/how would faith be important?

Yep. Heard it before. Why do you not see that as anything other than a cop-out for those times when the bible gets too stupid to explain?

Also...still waiting, fucking explain Judges 11:29-40. Your God was there. He allowed that to take place. I want to know how that was the action of a morally perfect being.

We all know Doug's just going to post some [irrelevant] passages from Isaiah in response to that.

If that turns out to be the case, then it'll be exposed as irrelevant, for all lurkers to see.

Doug,

I was a christian for 33 years. I preached from the pulpit, I spoke in tongues, I prophesied from the stage, etc, etc... I say this to show that I was a sincere practicing believer.

But then I finally realized what you said above, i.e. "there's no absolute tangible proof". That is exactly the point. Why would god make proof of his existence so dubious? If our eternal state is at stake, why be so ambiguous?

Your "witness of God's spirit" is nothing more than your confirmation bias. If you were taught that invisible purple unicorns were responsible for creation and salvation, then you would attribute positive events/circumstances in your life to the invisible purple unicorns. You choose to line up your experiences with your beliefs. You also obviously choose to ignore events/circumstances/facts that don't line up with your beliefs, i.e. you have not answered one tough question here, e.g. Jephthah's daughter.

The same goes with your experiences. You remember the times your were "healed" and "protected". When you back felt better, it was "god". When it didn't, it was still "god". When it only hurt a little instead of a lot, it was still "god". Your "god" wins no matter what because it's what you choose to believe, not based on any objective observation and reasoning. You forget or explain away the 99.99% of prayers that are unanswered. The .01% that are "answered" are events that happen exactly the same as if there was no god. Why does "god" only "heal" things like hurting backs? Really...go read http://www.whydoesnt...alamputees.com/ and give your response to that.

I could go on forever, but I want to see if you are sincere in answering questions, as you have so far shown that is not the case.

• Like 3

I'm new here, and I can promise you that many of your questions/comments

are the direct result of lousy teaching in the churches today.

Yea. I can immediately mention one of them, "Jesus is alive!" Pfft. I agree. That's one of the lousy teachings we used to hear. Or this one "The Bible is True!!!" Also one of those lies they told.

God has seen to it that a lot of critical information has been provided in His Scriptures,

but obviously it has to be believed to be of any benefit to you.

Since most of us here don't believe, then your message is lost on us. Why even continue? :shrug:

Wait... He made us all to not be robots so he could command us to be robots out of free will? We're expected to act like robots because he gave us the choice not to be robots. How dumb.

Okay, is this reasonable, or do we need to discuss this before continuing?

It's not reasonable. Why would a maker create a "free will" creature for the purpose of submitting that same "free will" and give it up? Is the creator a psychopath or sadist?

P.S. I used to be an evangelist, so no amount of persecution, etc. will faze me in the least.

Good for you.