Goodbye Jesus

I'm Here To Provide Answers To Your Questions ... Please Try Me

Doug

What exactly are these experiences of which you speak? Obviously you have read each of our testimonies to know that your xian beliefs and experiences are more genuine then ours were...

Okay, I'll post my testimony. What percentage of you do you guess will believe it?

Hopefully, you'll have time to answer the direct scriptural questions I listed on page one.

Perhaps you can succeed where other Christians have failed.

• Like 1

What are your opinions regarding fib numbers and human psychology.

I've never encountered specific assertions about the Fibonacci series and human psychology, but the sequence is found in many places throughout nature.

Doug. Need to stop you right there. If this is going to go anywhere, you need to first provide support

for the authority of the bible before you can use the bible to answer questions.

We do not accept the bible as an authority on truth. Using the bible to prove its own authority is circular reasoning.

Give us a reason to accept it or don't use it on us, otherwise this conversation isn't going anywhere.

You know there's no absolute tangible proof for spiritual matters.

I gave my reasons for my total belief already:

-- the witness of God's Spirit

-- my experiences totally line up with God's word

P.S. Those not interested, totally bored, etc. ... why don't YOU leave the thread?

Keep Asking, Seeking, Knocking

Matthew 7:

7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

9 Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?

10 Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent?

11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will

your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!

Yes, Jesus was talking to and about His 12 disciples ... and about all of mankind.

Also, be like the persistent widow who finally got what she wanted.

One of the MANY things that pushed me toward my crisis of faith was when a darling 5-year-old boy in our congregation died of leukemia. For two years, along with his parents and grandparents, HUNDREDS of godly people were PERSISTENTLY praying, asking, seeking, knocking, fasting, standing on the promises regarding healing. That is when I realized that either God doesn't exist, or if he does, he's impersonal and doesn't give a rat's ass about our personal lives.

• Like 4

sunflower2.jpg

A Fibonacci flower for TrailBlazer.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator
P.S. Those not interested, totally bored, etc. ... why don't YOU leave the thread?

Because YOU are in OUR territory. See the name of the website?

• Like 3

Doug. Need to stop you right there. If this is going to go anywhere, you need to first provide support

for the authority of the bible before you can use the bible to answer questions.

We do not accept the bible as an authority on truth. Using the bible to prove its own authority is circular reasoning.

Give us a reason to accept it or don't use it on us, otherwise this conversation isn't going anywhere.

Ok done being nice... NO we DO NOT have to leave. This is OUR FUCKING SITE. THIS IS OUR "CHURCH." THIS IS WHERE WE GO TO SUPPORT EACH OTHER AND GET AWAY FROM PINHEADS LIKE YOU. You're here to troll and provoke and many of us enjoy a good debate so we're humoring you but your bullshit "experiential evidence" will get you nowhere. Why? Because you have given us no reason to believe that you are not just making it all up!

Good to see you admit there's no tangible evidence...perhaps you might explain what you consider "good" reasons to believe in something. Say I told you that my cousin runs a taco truck on the far side of the moon. What reason would I need to give you in order that you would believe it?

• Like 3

So , the WLC "proof".

Just believe, you bunch of heathens. Why don't you just take his word for it?

I'm sure he has a good explanation for why it was once moral to make a rape victim marry their attacker, or to stone unruly children.

Not living up to your own book there partner. Makes me think it doesn't have much influence on you:

1 Corinthians 13:4-7

New International Version (NIV)

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

• Like 3

People need to understand their mortal enemy, Satan, and his fallen angels (demons).

They can easily deceive, side-track, etc. you into doing all kinds of terrible things.

You name it ... they can talk you into doing it. They can be very persistent until you give in.

IMO ...

Multitudes have always sat in church pews whose thinking may have been converted

(for some reason or other) into "believing" in Christianity, but they never were born again.

I do not believe someone who has been born again (from above) can just up and stop believing.

The Holy Spirit has come into these people to teach them "all things" (John 14:16-26).

exploding_head_3.jpg
  • Like 2

This cat has some serious cognitive dissonance issues. Not 10 posts in and he's already getting testy when faced with questions that don't have answers neatly wrapped in a bible bow.

• Like 2

Ok, Doug the Troll, I'll bite. Here's a question, or more of a challenge if you will:

Justify Judges 11:29-40

Won't quote the whole thing but it's about ritualistic human sacrifice of children,

only this time the protagonist actually kills his daughter unlike the cute little abraham

and isaac story where god steps in at the last minute and everything is cool.

Let's see what you got, buddy.

Okay, I didn't read the whole passage, but I'm sure it's like the others. Here's the deal ...

God's Plan was to produce His Messiah--Redeemer--Savior through the tiny nation of Israel.

Guess what, to do this God had to protect Israel from their more powerful enemies!

Enemies bent on destroying them. So, God had to fight some of their battles.

This also displayed to others why Israel called Him "Almighty God", etc.

Sometimes He thought it best to wipe out everything in sight ... as a big deterant for the future.

Heads up! ...

These people were destined for Hell anyway, so what's the big deal with going a few years early?

Which goes back to WHY was ALL of mankind destined to be separated from God.

I think all of you probably know that answer. But believing it is another matter, right?

It's all about belief and unbelief ... in God's spiritual Truth.

Believers get to spend eternity with God ... so, it's best to be a believer.

Ummm if these people were destined for hell anyway, isn't that directly going against the notion of your "free will" scenario? He's wiping out entire civilizations ahead of time because they are destined to Hell anyway. Interesting line of thought. So why is abortion wrong if we know this child is destined to hell anyway?

Doug, if you would go through the trouble of actually following your book handed to you by ancient pagan sheep herders, you would find this passage:

11 Whatever town or village you enter, search there for some worthy person and stay at their house until you leave.

12 As you enter the home, give it your greeting.

13 If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you.

14 If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet.

For some reason, Christians who come here have a lot of trouble understanding this passage, even though this supposedly was spoken by Jesus himself.

• Like 7

People need to understand their mortal enemy, Satan, and his fallen angels (demons).

They can easily deceive, side-track, etc. you into doing all kinds of terrible things.

You name it ... they can talk you into doing it. They can be very persistent until you give in.

Those aren't demons. Those are Leftists. :HaHa:

IMO ...

Multitudes have always sat in church pews whose thinking may have been converted

(for some reason or other) into "believing" in Christianity, but they never were born again.

I do not believe someone who has been born again (from above) can just up and stop believing.

The Holy Spirit has come into these people to teach them "all things" (John 14:16-26).

Ahh the good ol' "no true scotsman" fallacy.

(btw are you finally getting the feeling we've heard ALL OF THIS SHIT before? we even have names for it!)

So basically you're asking us to believe your "experiences" and "witness of the holy ghost" but you call me a liar when I say that I absolutely WAS a "born again believer." You're a prick.

I prayed and got me some salvation I was 3. And again at 5, 6, 9, Big one at 12 that even involved a second baptism, and a few more times from ages 14-17. I played the violin in the church orchestra, I went on a foreign mission trip (at my own expense mind you), I "re-dedicated" myself about a hundred times. Yeah I know none of those things matter but they are signs of inner belief. And I really, really, really believed in it. It caused me physical pain to think about people who were going to hell. I made up all sorts of shit trying to be more inclusive of other faiths, "different sides of same mountain" so to speak. But I knew I was safe...I had Jesus! All those other religions are the ones on shaky ground. My former arrogance was second only to yours.

Believe me or don't. I really don't give a rat's ass.

I hope you stay here because your offer to answer questions is important, especially for lurkers.

Just curious, where does the Old Testament say that Satan has fallen angels or say that Satan is an enemy of God?

The problem is that Christianity cannot even agree with itself what proper teaching or doctrine is.

The track record of the Holy Spirit is exceedingly poor.

Key phrase you mentioned above shows your inability to admit your "sins" are your own doing.... It is easier to slough the blame on to someone else, and apparently you live by that rule. Instead of saying demons and satan TEMPTED you into doing it, why not admit you have a fallible nature and YOU are responsible for your own choices in this life. I am so sick of perverted justifications by sanctimonious ostriches like yourself. Please take this to the Lion's Den or just go away. YOU are the type of xtian that gives religion an ever worse rap.

sunflower2.jpg

Now this makes me smile, thank you!

Explain this one Doug, I was a bitchy depressed christian for years and I longed for my own death so I could go to heaven.

Now I'm free-spirited and genuinely happy with life and love is my religion. I guess listening to Satan has led me away from the true path to happiness eh? But looking at something like that flower; how could anyone not smile at it and fall in love with life all over again like a giddy schoolgirl???

• Like 1

3DollarBill welcome to ex-C.

I gotta tell you. I really like your answer for the existence of God... "I don't care."

Now that's powerful.

Love Christianity and it grows; hate Christianity and it grows, but ignore it and it withers.

I hope you stay here because your offer to answer questions is important, especially for lurkers.

Just curious, where does the Old Testament say that Satan has fallen angels or say that Satan is an enemy of God?

A lot of info about Satan is in several places in the OT.

I have a lengthy article which quotes, I think, all of them.

Now this makes me smile, thank you!

I had hoped it would. You're welcome. :thanks:

A lot of info about Satan is in several places in the OT.

I have a lengthy article which quotes, I think, all of them.

Are referring to the satan misstranslated? Or the satan as in an adversary...There is a huge difference that many prominent believing biblical scholars even agree show to be fact. The PERSON satan didn't exist in OT. Only "satan" in the OT was anybody/thing that was considered an adversary.

Where did you study? Online priesthood in 6 weeks or something?

• Like 2

Questions for Doug:

How can a loving God kill an estimated 21,000,000 people in "Noah's" flood, including unborn children, infants, toddlers, etc.?

How can a loving God allow 18,000 children to starve to death EVERY DAY (but he'll answer prayers for parking spaces, don't you know)?

How can a loving God send people to hell to be tortured, not just for a quadrillion years, but for an eternity. Why wouldn't a loving God simply annihilate the wicked, or give them a chance to repent.

Why does God promise protection to his children, but in reality the statistics of Christians being killed in accidents is just as high as non Christians. I've had godly people who were close to me die of accidents within the past year (my mother-in-law in a fall, a friend in a fire, and another friend two weeks ago in a cycle accident). They all loved God with all of their hearts.

Why does God promise that believers will lay hands on the sick and they'll recover? In my 40 years as a charismatic Christian, I rarely if ever saw this happen, and if it did, the results were rarely able to be medically verified.

Those aren't demons. Those are Leftists. :HaHa:

Bum dum chee.