Goodbye Jesus

Thinking Of Going To Church Tomorrow

blackpudd1n

Three cheers for our physicians and surgeons, who do more than God ever did!

Tell me about it! And Don't forget the drug companies!

Better living through Big Pharma! biggrin.pngclap.gif

• Like 1

Just don't let 'em getcha. I've heard scary stories about committed non-Xians who got saved after a few church services. Now they talk about how they were "convicted by the holy spirit."

Because I still go to church every week, I have a horrible time viewing the service objectively. I mostly just sit there and get pissed at everything they say. To avoid those negative emotions these days I just stay in the media room and play a game that is basically like World of Warcraft on my tablet the whole service. Or I browse this site. Much more entertaining to me.

Enjoy your torture though! You should scan your notes in and post them up. If I did notes they would have a bunch of inappropriate stick-figure drawings involving certain Biblical figures...

You are now required to post these to Ex-C and share the joy with us. smile.png

I second this!

I'll have to keep my pen handy this Saturday then! There's probably going to be nonsensical scribbles and everything!

• Like 1

Oh, I forgot to post in here the other night- I did actually make it to church on Sunday night, but it wasn't on lol! I guess they saw me coming :P Although I hope it's more a case of not having the numbers to make it worthwhile having a Sunday night service anymore, I suspect it has more to do with the cooler weather.

Oh, I forgot to post in here the other night- I did actually make it to church on Sunday night, but it wasn't on lol! I guess they saw me coming tongue.png Although I hope it's more a case of not having the numbers to make it worthwhile having a Sunday night service anymore, I suspect it has more to do with the cooler weather.

They could feel that you had special powers, given to you by Daria, to crush their faith. eek.gif

Oh, I forgot to post in here the other night- I did actually make it to church on Sunday night, but it wasn't on lol! I guess they saw me coming tongue.png Although I hope it's more a case of not having the numbers to make it worthwhile having a Sunday night service anymore, I suspect it has more to do with the cooler weather.

They could feel that you had special powers, given to you by Daria, to crush their faith. eek.gif

They also knew I had Batman on my side :P

...and the church I chose appears to be quite homophobic. This may end up a rather interesting experience.

I got sick of hearing my parents' church pray for God to "restore The Sanctity Of Marriage." oh lord, return this country to its greatness when X was the center of everything. They're trying to scare everyone by intoning solemnly that America is crumbling because we don't all kowtow to a holy zombie.

• Like 1

Oh, I forgot to post in here the other night- I did actually make it to church on Sunday night, but it wasn't on lol! I guess they saw me coming :P Although I hope it's more a case of not having the numbers to make it worthwhile having a Sunday night service anymore, I suspect it has more to do with the cooler weather.

Cooler weather, lol. It's almost 100 degrees here. I guess that would be like 38 C down under right? Except y'all are near winter time. Damn I wish I was down there. I HATE SUMMER

Cooler weather, lol. It's almost 100 degrees here. I guess that would be like 38 C down under right? Except y'all are near winter time. Damn I wish I was down there. I HATE SUMMER

It is winter. It's warmer where I live, so we're averaging between 18-22 degrees celcius during the day, and about 9 degrees celcius at night. (64 fahrenheit- 71.6 farenheit during the day, 48 at night).

It is winter. It's warmer where I live, so we're averaging between 18-22 degrees celcius during the day, and about 9 degrees celcius at night. (64 fahrenheit- 71.6 farenheit during the day, 48 at night).

Summer? What's that? We are still downloading summer, and are having a wet and cold spring with temperatures 10-20 degrees C.

Winters are nasty, at -40'C. At least we've thawed from that!

EDIT to ADD: What a cool planet we live on!!! And thanks to the Internet, we can discuss the weather with people across the globe! yellow.gif

Summer? What's that? We are still downloading summer, and are having a wet and cold spring with temperatures 10-20 degrees C.

Winters are nasty, at -40'C. At least we've thawed from that!

EDIT to ADD: What a cool planet we live on!!! And thanks to the Internet, we can discuss the weather with people across the globe! yellow.gif

Eeeek!! You can keep that weather!!!!!

That's summer in St Petersburg.

Russian joke:

An African student spends a year in St Petersburg and then returns home for a visit. His family asks, 'so, how was Russia?' To which he responds, 'the green winter is not so bad, but the white winter, forget about it!'

That's summer in St Petersburg.

Russian joke:

An African student spends a year in St Petersburg and then returns home for a visit. His family asks, 'so, how was Russia?' To which he responds, 'the green winter is not so bad, but the white winter, forget about it!'

You guys can all keep your cold weather!!! I like it hot!!!

Yeah, me too. I just suffer.

Although we had a really nice winter, I too like it hot. I saw that Phoenix had 108 F the other day. I was thinking how nice that would be. You just sit in the shade drinking water for a while and you feel warmed all the way through. Mmmmm! But Phoenix is a dry heat so it's tolerable. 108 in humidity would just kill you.

Although we had a really nice winter, I too like it hot. I saw that Phoenix had 108 F the other day. I was thinking how nice that would be. You just sit in the shade drinking water for a while and you feel warmed all the way through. Mmmmm! But Phoenix is a dry heat so it's tolerable. 108 in humidity would just kill you.

Yeah, dry heat is what I love the most. Except that I live in a very humid area :/

Yeah, dry heat is what I love the most. Except that I live in a very humid area :/

Not to mention those killer kangeroos... LOL

108? Fuck that shit. You'll be melting in the shade too. The only thing you can do in that weather is head to the lake for some water skiing, sit in your pool, or stay indoors. I grew up in Boise, where the heat is dry too, and I still say, fuck that shit. :)

Thailand is usually in the high 80s, low 90s (33-36ish) and humid. Both times I was there I was a sweaty, dripping mess for the first 6 weeks and then I got used to it. Both times it took about 6 weeks to acclimate.

Thais walk around with long pants and jackets so they don't get any browner (light skin is in for most of them). For the rest of us, this would be suffocating.

Kangaroos are very dangerous! As are koalas and wombats! They're not cuddly animals!

Thais walk around with long pants and jackets so they don't get any browner (light skin is in for most of them). For the rest of us, this would be suffocating.

105-108 is my tolerance limit as long as I'm not moving very fast. I've been to Phoenix in that heat. I really love it. Although it is quite scary to constantly hear car tires squeeling when people are driving normally. Hot & dry create some weird conditions. I can actually tolerate long pants @100 but not higher.

Kangaroos are very dangerous! As are koalas and wombats! They're not cuddly animals!

Everytime someone mentions kangas I hear that movie line "That Dingo took my baby".

105-108 is my tolerance limit as long as I'm not moving very fast. I've been to Phoenix in that heat. I really love it. Although it is quite scary to constantly hear car tires squeeling when people are driving normally. Hot & dry create some weird conditions. I can actually tolerate long pants @100 but not higher.

Everytime someone mentions kangas I hear that movie line "That Dingo took my baby".

That wasn't a movie, London, it did actually happen.

You forgot drop bears, they're kinda like koalas but they're very ferocious. With all sets of animals, I suggest tourists to soak themselves in urine before going to the outback and to make sure you regularly spray yourself with it to hide your scent. You won't regret it.

Here's a drop bear:

11.jpg

• Like 1

Is the outback really that dangerous? We have cougars and bears in the state of Idaho, but as long as you don't bother them, they don't bother you.

I sure as hell wouldn't want to soak myself in urine just to go camping.

Is the outback really that dangerous? We have cougars and bears in the state of Idaho, but as long as you don't bother them, they don't bother you.

Another American falls victim to the Australian Drop Bear :P

Another American falls victim to the Australian Drop Bear tongue.png

You forget, Americans love guns and tend to be tottin' Good thing you guys have your gun laws. You probably keep some of the less savory Americans away. :)