Goodbye Jesus

Gays Are Just "acting Out"

mcdaddy

So im having lots of conversations on FB today for obvious reasons....

A fundy friend of mine, when asked why gays are gay, responded,

"I think they're just acting out".

LOL.

yeahhhh.......

Just like atheists are rebelling.

Because even though we dont believe in god, we're still mad at him. Just like Im mad at fairies.

Because even though we dont believe in god, we're still mad at him. Just like Im mad at fairies.

Fairies can go to hell! I'm still short one quarter for that tooth! ;)

• Like 3

Fundies tend to get kinda quiet when you ask them when they chose to be heterosexual.

• Like 3

Acting out? Wow, they have no idea! I'm waiting to receive a movie called Prayers For Bobby. It's a true story about a gay man who's mother was a fundy Christian and told him to pray it all away. He tried, but of course it didn't work. In the end he killed himself, I think all Christians should see the movie, it would show them how things are in reality, and may make them think about the effect their words really have.

The ass hat Lee Strobel writes this in his books (that i have read). He claims he was just an atheist so he could sin, what a load of bullshit.

Acting out? Wow, they have no idea! I'm waiting to receive a movie called Prayers For Bobby. It's a true story about a gay man who's mother was a fundy Christian and told him to pray it all away. He tried, but of course it didn't work. In the end he killed himself, I think all Christians should see the movie, it would show them how things are in reality, and may make them think about the effect their words really have.

Some christians have their heads shoved so far up their backsides that they'd still say it was his sin that led him to commit suicide.

Those are the worst, they refuse to see that their attitudes are causing people this pain, they don't care that they're being abusive, and the fact that some of them aren't sorry for it shows how good their so called 'morals' are.

The ass hat Lee Strobel ...claims he was just an atheist so he could sin...

Well then, he really did miss out on what it was all about! Wendyloser.gif

That is so sad! I'm not sure it would help fundies understand, however, as to get off their dogmatic pedestals would cause them to enter the human race like the rest of us.

Fundies won't "get it" until their own shit hits their own fan!

Guest Babylonian Dream

I'm not a bigot, I just don't approve, agree with nor condone the behavior. As long as they don't push it on me and start exaggerating their gayness by acting gay, I don't have a problem with them. I just don't like their lifestyle. That doesn't make me homophobic.

• Like 1

I saw this as a Christian, bawled my eyes out, and changed my tune about homosexuality. It's definitely a good movie.

• Like 1

I'm not a bigot, I just don't approve, agree with nor condone the behavior. As long as they don't push it on me and start exaggerating their gayness by acting gay, I don't have a problem with them. I just don't like their lifestyle. That doesn't make me homophobic.

People have a right to act however the hell they want.rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

I can't really tell - are you making fun of what a Christian would say, or is this your actual opinion?

• Like 1

I can't really tell - are you making fun of what a Christian would say, or is this your actual opinion?

Proof that Poe's Law applies to more than creationism.

It's just "family" making fun of the xians.

Acting out...what? Charades? TV? Movies? I love Charades!

j/k

I saw this as a Christian, bawled my eyes out, and changed my tune about homosexuality. It's definitely a good movie.

I'm looking forward to watching it, my own brother was suicidal because of Christian bigots. If he'd killed himself those people would have paid dearly, I would have made them wish they were never born!!!

Guest ThereIsNoGod

If you ever want a good laugh, ask a christian to go beyond "The Bible tells me so" and actually try to explain and rationalize the things he believes in.

I used to think that. X, how weird to contemplate my former views (which actually weren't mine; they were the Church's.) I believed gays were gay just to irritate Gawd and Xians.

Homophobia also means disliking homosexuality. I'm not attacking you, just stating that it's in the dictionary.

What qualifies as "acting gay"? Holding hands or kissing in public? Getting married? Speaking up for their rights? I'm curious. Are those "pushing it" on you?

• Like 1

Homophobia also means disliking homosexuality. I'm not attacking you, just stating that it's in the dictionary.

What qualifies as "acting gay"? Holding hands or kissing in public? Getting married? Speaking up for their rights? I'm curious. Are those "pushing it" on you?

Babylonian Dream is gay. He was being fecitious.

I'm not a bigot, I just don't approve, agree with nor condone the behavior. As long as they don't

push it on me and start exaggerating their

gayness by acting gay, I don't have a problem

with them. I just don't like their lifestyle. That

doesn't make me homophobic.

Babylonian Dream is gay. He was being fecitious.

Oh. Sorry, BD. I have a bisexual friend, an aunt who might be gay, and my favorite TV couple is lesbian.