Goodbye Jesus

A Candle Burning In Ex-C

Legion

It's a bit harder than most people think,

I believe it. All of you guys have nonetheless done a stand up job at keeping a good balance between holding back the shit storms and not creating an atmosphere where free speech is unnecessarily threatened. 3.gif

Agreed! 3.gif

I'll just say one last thing here (I hope). I respect Ouroborus as a person and as a mod and I probably should have been more diplomatic here. I've had a highly stressful day -- call it excuse or explanation, whatever you prefer. I don't apologize for my dislike of Legion, but I'll just wash my hands of this here. I've said my piece. I've had Legion on ignore and have told him I won't respond to him and have asked him that he not respond to me. Ouro, I apologize to you for not being more respectful to you as a person and as a friend.

I respect and love you too Vigile, and I totally understand stress levels and how real life affects board behavior. All I'm asking is... if Legion's behavior in the past resulted in suspension, then same or similar behavior from other members should deserve the same treatment. I know, as moderators, we're not consistent with policies and such. It's a bit harder than most people think, especially when we have very few active moderators, and we try really hard to be more open and allowing than not. The easiest way to moderate would be to just ban, straight out, for any infringement, every time. But we don't want a police-state board. We proud ourselves in allowing more, but it means that sometimes, we have to draw a line in the sand that is somewhat arbitrary. I wish you could see it from this end.

*pride ;)

I'll just say one last thing here (I hope). I respect Ouroborus as a person and as a mod and I probably should have been more diplomatic here. I've had a highly stressful day -- call it excuse or explanation, whatever you prefer. I don't apologize for my dislike of Legion, but I'll just wash my hands of this here. I've said my piece. I've had Legion on ignore and have told him I won't respond to him and have asked him that he not respond to me. Ouro, I apologize to you for not being more respectful to you as a person and as a friend.

I respect and love you too Vigile, and I totally understand stress levels and how real life affects board behavior. All I'm asking is... if Legion's behavior in the past resulted in suspension, then same or similar behavior from other members should deserve the same treatment. I know, as moderators, we're not consistent with policies and such. It's a bit harder than most people think, especially when we have very few active moderators, and we try really hard to be more open and allowing than not. The easiest way to moderate would be to just ban, straight out, for any infringement, every time. But we don't want a police-state board. We proud ourselves in allowing more, but it means that sometimes, we have to draw a line in the sand that is somewhat arbitrary. I wish you could see it from this end.

*pride wink.png

Stryper, stop being such a flaccid douchebag. (Totally kidding. Don't ban me, bro!)

2. It is a mob doing the personal attacks - against normal ethical behavior

To me this indicates that you find the problem unacceptable in any section. If that is not your meaning please correct my misunderstanding.

There are many things in life that I find to be contrary to what I consider ethical. But I allow it in society anyway. Some thing we accept to exist, even when we don't like it.

But in general, yes, a mob against one person... I think that's unfair. It happens quite frequently on this board, but I'd appreciate it if it stayed in Lion's Den.

One reason to that is if we want to have a serious discussion about anything, we need some place we can do it (or places), without everything falling apart to shit-storming. So what about having a section (forum) we call "Science v Religion"? A place were we don't resort to personal attacks? Hmm... Oh, we got one. That's why it's a bit different policy there.

The hardest part as a mod is to realize when a thread is in a forum where we allow it or in a forum where don't. I forget to check most times. But when I realize it, I have to make a point and tell everyone to straighten up.

What would you prefer that the many do when they are tried of being attacked by the one? Would you like the one's posts to be flagged every time he makes a blanket insult against the entire community? Or would it be better for you if everyone who is tired of it put the one on ignore? I'm thinking the second option would be better. Are we allowed to encourage each other to use ignore? I don't want to tell people "Ignore the one" if you see that as mob attacks.

The line is hard to draw. It's from case-to-case.

On top of that, we do get people who are very emotionally distressed about their religious experience and leaving it. They need an outlet for their emotional storm, and shit will come out. That's why we try to be lenient when we can.

*pride wink.png

Thanks. I knew that. I'm currently typing and posting without proof reading or editing. I think I had some phrase like "We're proud about..." in my head first and then the other one came out, but mixed.

*pride wink.png

Stryper, stop being such a flaccid douchebag. (Totally kidding. Don't ban me, bro!)

just trying to bring a little humor to something where people seem to be taking things a bit to seriously.

Besides if hypothetical douchebag is flaccid, then it is not rigid. If it's not rigid, then it is therefore been use. Because it has been used, it will be thrown away. because of that it will be found by archaeologists352z0e.jpg

*pride wink.png

just trying to bring a little humor to something where people seem to be taking things a bit to seriously.

Besides if hypothetical douchebag is flaccid, then it is not rigid. If it's not rigid, then it is therefore been use. Because it has been used, it will be thrown away. because of that it will be found by archaeologists352z0e.jpg

I think you may have missed the text in white following my statement. :)

yes I did miss it.

well-played-sir-well-played-indeed.jpg

• Like 1

Is flaccid douchebag a scientific term, or religious?

Could go either way, really. Ever since he mentioned candles I've been wondering if this whole thing is just some new sexual euphemism. I don't like Legion's long-standing habit of belittling and outright insulting people who ask for explanation, clarification, or support for his claims and theories. When he realized that the evolution thread was going decidedly against his weird metaphysical ramblings, he started a nice new fresh thread and almost immediately began doing the same stuff here he did over at evolution.

Legion, why don't you let this thread be your whole new leaf? Why don't you stop and really engage here and explain what you mean by this candle thing?

• Like 1

I think flaccid douchebag, IIRC, is what Paul called Peter at that dinner party.

Flaccid CIRCUMCISED D-bag to be specific.

This topic has sidetracked way too much.

Closed