Goodbye Jesus

Got A Letter From My Former Church Today

msipsy218

Apparently sending the letter caused a big drama with the leadership.

Look at me, still causing trouble even when I'm gone zDuivel7.gif

I don't want to type out the whole thing, but here are some of the highlights:

"Prayer has been offered for several months concerning your present behavior that it would be restored to what you promised when you made a covenant to the lord and His people at (name of church)."

"A life that is breaking faith we the body has offended some of the members who are trying to walk in holiness with Jesus as Lord." (I don't even understand what that means?!)

"When you joined (church) you agreed to the church covenant which states...

1. I will protect the unity of the church

2. I will share the responsibility of the church's growth

3. I will serve the ministry of my church

4. I will support the testimony of my church.

a) By attending faithfully. b ) by living a Godly life (which is defined in the word of God) c) by giving regularly as God has prospered me"

(the bold and underline is theirs, not mine)

Then they put 1 Thessalonians 4:3-7, underlining 7 which says "For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life." The rest of it is about sexual sin and lust??

Then 2 Thess. 3:14 which says "If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of him. Do not associate with him, in order that he may feel ashamed. Yet do not regard him as an enemy, but warn him as a brother."

and then Psalm 14:1 which says "the fool says in his heart, 'There is no God'"

And then "You are loved by us and not being judged by one person. Your verbal and nonverbal actions are what judges you as not being aligned with scripture" Wendytwitch.gif

"Many are saddened and tears have been shed concerning the state of our fellowship." Is that supposed to make me feel bad? Wendyloser.gif

"We are offer you two options (1) You can meet with the counsel and explain actions you are taking to come back in fellowship with the Lord and his Body (repentance) (2) Ask your name been taken from the membership. If we do not hear from you by January 27th we will hold conference and do what honors the Lord's name best"

I'll have to come back later to really bitch about it. I have to take my daughter to girl scouts now. smile.png

The fuckers.  I would just inform them that you no longer wish to be on their membership rolls. 

The fuckers.

• Like 3

Jan 27 has come and gone with no word from you, right, so ... you're free!!

Well, they had our old address and it was returned so it was hand delivered today. I imagine they postponed their decision since the letter was returned.

Doesn't matter though, I'm free either way and I'm not going to give them the pleasure of a response. If I withdraw membership myself they can wipe their hands clean of it and say "we did no wrong, she wanted to leave." and I do want to leave, that's why I'm gone, but I want them to feel like shit over it.

I want their little hearts to worry about my soul and wonder if they should have tried harder to keep me around and wonder if their god will rebuke them on judgement day for the way they have treated me.

I was in leadership at that church for 3 years. Never was a letter like this sent. Never. And a ton of people left.

I haven't had so much as a phone call in the past year from any of these fuckers.

They've "shed tears?" BULLSHIT!!!

I shed so many tears from the fear mongering hatred that they spewed every Sunday it is unbelievable. And the audacity to accuse me of being immoral, in a fucking LETTER no less. To call me a "fool." To tell me that I have OFFENDED them with they way I am living MY FUCKING LIFE!!!!

No. Fuck them. I don't want them to rest easy. I refuse to respond.

As a matter-of-fact if it weren't for the fact that I don't want them to bother me anymore I would send a letter back saying that I was going to come back next week until I got the letter and I have now, because of this letter, decided to worship Satan. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

• Like 6

They offered you two options.   Well, aren't they being generous.  TWO options, wow, and both of these option are requesting action on your part.   And if you don't respond, they are going to have to 'hold conference' to see what they should do!   ROFLMAO!!!!

Who the f*** do they think they are?  They are trying to scare you with their authority.

I agree, best action is to do nothing except ignore.....3.gif

• Like 5

DO IT. DO IT.

My old friends,

It is with a heavy heart that I must inform you that I have decided to join a different fellowship. I have found a church with a loving community who accepts me for exactly who and what I am.

I was saddened to receive your letter as I was on the cusp of deciding who I wanted to fellowship with. In my time at your church, I learned much about the bible and God's plan for me... which did not include the "sexually immoral" (as you deem it) lifestyle I have been born to lead. However, there are those in my new community who are able to perform miracles of healing and prophecy, in addition to levitation and the ability to speak in foreign languages and be understood (as opposed to your gibberish "gift of tongues").

And these are the same members of my new church who are living lifestyles that you would consider "depraved!"

It has come to my attention that the bible is nothing more than Christian propaganda and the end result of the war between heaven and hell is by no means unalterable. I have chosen to cast my lot with the god of reason and science, the god of miracles that can be seen and heard, the god of rational thought, hedonism, and immorality... who I fully believe capable of defeating your tired carpenter lord when the time for judgment has come.

Have you considered that you may be on the wrong side, my friends? Satan is a benevolent and generous lord. Giving of his time and power, expecting nothing in return except my own pleasure and critical thinking. I hate that this casts us as enemies when Armageddon comes, but with luck, you will come to your senses and realize that the present world, with its lusts and vices, is ours for all time once your fealty is given to the true lord, Lucifer Lightbringer, Lord of the Choir and Defender of Humanity.

Lodatelo! Lodare il portatore di luce! Lode a lui chi é venuto prima tra gli angeli e che é benedetto dalla sua stessa parola!

In Satan's Glorious Name!

MsIpsy

• Like 5

Dear Church,

I've convened my own council and you have only one option and that is to appear in front of them to explain yourselves.  Respond Immediately.

MsIpsy

-----

mwc

• Like 5

You've typed it out so eloquently! How can I NOT send it now?!?!

• Like 1

Apparently sending the letter caused a big drama with the leadership.

Look at me, still causing trouble even when I'm gone zDuivel7.gif

I don't want to type out the whole thing, but here are some of the highlights:

"Prayer has been offered for several months concerning your present behavior that it would be restored to what you promised when you made a covenant to the lord and His people at (name of church)."

"A life that is breaking faith we the body has offended some of the members who are trying to walk in holiness with Jesus as Lord." (I don't even understand what that means?!)

It means that they are holier than you.  No kidding.  That is what they are trying to tell you.    crucified.gif

"When you joined (church) you agreed to the church covenant which states...

1. I will protect the unity of the church

2. I will share the responsibility of the church's growth

3. I will serve the ministry of my church

4. I will support the testimony of my church.

a) By attending faithfully. b ) by living a Godly life (which is defined in the word of God) c) by giving regularly as God has prospered me"

(the bold and underline is theirs, not mine)

If it were me I would respond back with "That covenant was based on the false pretense that God and Jesus are real.  A covenant based on a lie is not binding." 

Then they put 1 Thessalonians 4:3-7, underlining 7 which says "For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life." The rest of it is about sexual sin and lust??

They want you to know how holy they are.   jesus.gif

Then 2 Thess. 3:14 which says "If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of him. Do not associate with him, in order that he may feel ashamed. Yet do not regard him as an enemy, but warn him as a brother."

and then Psalm 14:1 which says "the fool says in his heart, 'There is no God'"

yelrotflmao.gif 

Says who?

They don't even have a clue who wrote that.  David?  No way!

And then "You are loved by us and not being judged by one person. Your verbal and nonverbal actions are what judges you as not being aligned with scripture" Wendytwitch.gif

"Many are saddened and tears have been shed concerning the state of our fellowship." Is that supposed to make me feel bad? Wendyloser.gif

"We are offer you two options (1) You can meet with the counsel and explain actions you are taking to come back in fellowship with the Lord and his Body (repentance) (2) Ask your name been taken from the membership. If we do not hear from you by January 27th we will hold conference and do what honors the Lord's name best"

I'll have to come back later to really bitch about it. I have to take my daughter to girl scouts now. smile.png

You should tell them to stop stalking God.  If he won't return their phone calls and he can't be reached then he must not be interested in any relationship with any of them.

• Like 2

Just for fun send them a letter saying. "I no longer believe in your god, but may I come back to your church anyway? Surely there are a lot of your members who don't really believe your bullshit. I'd fit right in."

I'm just spoofing ya!   bill

• Like 1

And the audacity to accuse me of being immoral, in a fucking LETTER no less. To call me a "fool." To tell me that I have OFFENDED them with they way I am living MY FUCKING LIFE!!!!

Wait a minute.  Maybe we are looking at this wrong.  How specific are the accusations about immorality?  Did they by any chance libel you?

And the audacity to accuse me of being immoral, in a fucking LETTER no less. To call me a "fool." To tell me that I have OFFENDED them with they way I am living MY FUCKING LIFE!!!!

Wait a minute.  Maybe we are looking at this wrong.  How specific are the accusations about immorality?  Did they by any chance libel you?

No. Not specific at all. Just the undertone. "prayer has been offered for several months concerning your present behavior", the whole "offended" bullshit, which I took as "you have offended us with the way you are living. The implication that I have "broken my covenant" by not living the "godly life" they talked about in the outline (and underlined). and then the verses. But no specific "you are doing ____."

They are telling you that if you do not repent, they will break communion with you and you will no longer be considered to be one of them. If you were Catholic, it would be like being excommunicated, sort of, anyway.

"I'm sorry you feel that way, but I've come to realise the error of my ways and have started worshiping cats on the internet. I hope that you will also come to see the error of your ways and do likewise."

For good measure, toss in a hearty "Hail Bastet, Lady of the East, the Invisible Paw!  Nekhtet!"

• Like 3

They are some seriously controlling church freaks. Damn!! Where is the L.O.V.E?? Oh yeh, I forgot - christians. Judgmental, hypocritical bastards!!cussing.gif

Hope you are holding up ok after this onslaught. Must be distressing...and a little funny (hopefully). 

We're here for you. woohoo.gif

I love that they have his hid behind a black leather bound book and used its words to call you a fool and then told you they are not judging you. Ever so typical.

• Like 2

Excuse me, they HAND DELIVERED it because the mailed version was returned? That is some serious creepy and controlling WTF shit there. I also love that instead of "Are you all right? Is there anything we can do to help you?" they send you a pile of self-righteous accusation. 

• Like 5

I agree with MadameX..

This is bordering on harassment... and dangerously close to libel.

They have NO authority over you. None.

• Like 4

The fuckers.  I would just inform them that you no longer wish to be on their membership rolls. 

The fuckers.

Well stated Ficino. And in the original Greek, whether Coptic or Syriac, I think the word is still 'fuckers'. LOL

• Like 1

Wow, I guess every church I attended either was happy that I left or didn't care whether I was there or not!  (Well, except for the Episcopal church I attended before moving away... they were really nice.)

To try to put a positive spin on this, if lots of people left but they are sending this letter to you - maybe they really valued having you as part of their congregation.  This of course does not excuse the stalker-esque and fear-mongering tactics they are employing to try to rope you back in.

I think they sent this letter because they are scared.  They probably know that they can't sufficiently address your questions and "doubts" about the Christian religion, which they would have to at least attempt to do if they contacted you on a more personal level.  But, they can't just let a prominent member slip away without addressing it in some way.  If they can't gang up on you and browbeat you into changing your mind (option 1), then they want to be able to wash their hands of you with a clean conscience (option 2.)

Yeah, fuck them.  If ignoring them doesn't work, a cease and desist order should do quite nicely.

• Like 1

Several months and it still hasn't worked? Obviously, these people are praying wrong. What they should be praying for is to get a clue. Duh.

• Like 5

Just ignore them. keep tossing their letters in the garbage. Do not respond. 

DO NOT RESPOND!!!

If you give them an inch they will take a mile! 

DO 

NOT 

RESPOND

TO 

THEM!!!!!

They are unworthy of your attention, they are unworthy of your time.

• Like 2