Goodbye Jesus

Got A Letter From My Former Church Today

msipsy218

Sounds like cult bullying.  Just ignore the bully, it is a wimp and will eventually go away on its own.

• Super Moderator

I know the urge to have the last word is strong, but just ignoring them is best.

In all seriousness, refusing to invest any more time and emotion in them (don't even read the letters, unless they just crack you up or something) is probably the best choice.  If you do choose to respond, don't include explanations, or anything of depth really.  Just surface level brevity will at least limit their ammunition and resolve.

If you do choose to write back, here's an idea:

"Dear church,

NO.

signed -Misipsy218"

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

...I think that would be a funny response. "If you've been praying for me for months and God hasn't changed my heart, then there must be some among you who lack faith or who have unconfessed sin in your lives. You need to confess all of your sins to the Lord and seek him more urgently so that your prayers may be answered."

T2M -- Love that response!

Ignore them.  Don't take ownership of their issues, or enable them with codependency.

Ignore them and enjoy your life.

I agree with - ignore them.   I continue to be amazed how often even "friendly" communication with the old "gang" eventually becomes an attempt to bring you back into the gang.   Ignore them.

The "Prayer has been offered for several months concerning your present behavior" really annoys me.   The word Behavior in particular.   Sounds like you are being treated like some little naughty kid who stole some cookies from the cookie jar.   

• Like 1

I like Jose's idea... sounds like fun.

Alternatively you could just tell them to fuck off...

Whatever suits...

I like Jose's idea... sounds like fun.

Alternatively you could just tell them to fuck off...

Whatever suits...

This is quite tempting - telling them to fuck off.

However (if it were me), by ignoring them, I would be taking a moral high ground (at least from one perspective).  Of course, if, after I ignored them, they came back with yet another "letter", I could chose to (i) ignore them once again, which could be considered quite mature and appropriate, or, (ii) I could tell them to go away, do not contact me anymore and, yes, fuck off.

I'd wait and save the "fuck off" until much later in the process.

Ha ha.

Controllers aim to draw you into conversation, confident that they'll wear you down eventually. The best thing you can do is to ignore them. DO however jot down the times, dates, and places of all contact with them, because if they escalate, you're going to want to draw outside authorities into the mix. Controllers do respond very well to the setting of firm boundaries with clear penalties for misbehavior--one might say that's ALL they respond to. You needn't speak to them about any of this, though.

A nicely-worded letter from a lawyer might be all that's needed for them to back off and consign you to the pits of hell, or a visit from one of the fine members of your local constabulary. If not, hey, those notes about their abuse could form a lawsuit that'll win you millions of dollars from them wink.png If you do that, don't forget the nice lady who gave you the idea. I like ponies.

• Like 2

I wrote up a little blog post last night and posted it on my facebook, along with a couple of angry statuses. That's all I will give them. They suck. And I'm so glad I'm away from them.

Wow... it's like a creepy, stalker-ish bad ex. Self-righteous, pompous, making it your problem instead of theirs, and, yeah... hand delivered. Creeepy.

I wrote up a little blog post last night and posted it on my facebook, along with a couple of angry statuses. That's all I will give them. They suck. And I'm so glad I'm away from them.

Cool, you wrote about them but not to them...that will drive them nuts!! yellow.gif

Ohh, I just thought. Maybe they are so intensely stalking you that they found you here?? Do you think that's a possibility? 

If they are here, "Hi guys!" 

• Like 1

Let's hope they haven't found her here, or found her blog for that matter.  Writing about them can be just as "good" as writing to them, if they find it.

Care to copy it here? I'm curious about what you wrote :)

I am too smile.png But if you don't want to share I know we'll all understand.

You could have a shitload of fun with snarky FB posts.

Ohh, I just thought. Maybe they are so intensely stalking you that they found you here?? Do you think that's a possibility? 

If they are here, "Hi guys!" 

Honestly, I've thought about that. Let 'em read though. Maybe they will realize that THEY are the fucked up ones if they actually saw what others thought about their creepy letter. Probably not. But idc.

and I don't mind sharing. I'm not much of a writer though :)http://opinionatedhomemaker.blogspot.com/

• Like 3

• Super Moderator

Nicely written, ms! Very impressed, except for that Justin Beiber thing. Well, nobody's perfect.

That was nice.  Though very mild, and did not specifical mention your ex-church.  But I liked it.  It was honest.  Plus Bieber's song baby was pretty awesome.  Florduh doesn't know what he is talking about.

I was like baby, baby, baby oh!

• Like 1

I think that's a well-done post smile.png And I have no room to criticize someone for liking Justin Bieber when I like Xanadu.

• Super Moderator

And I have no room to criticize someone for liking Justin Bieber when I like Xanadu.

You are correct.

Florduh - Oh please. You don't fool me. You're an Aqua fan. I can tell. We can smell our own.

MsIpsy - you're so right. If people don't see what a wonderful person you are, if they're so quick to dismiss you over a belief you no longer hold that doesn't impact them at all, then they're the ones missing out.

Thanks guys :)

I wish I could say JB was an exception, but I tend to like stupid pop-y songs that have meaningless lyrics and repetitive generic beats. I likes what I likes. jesus.gif

Anyways, no further word from anyone in the church, but thanks to the support here and IRL I'm totally over it anyways. It hurt at first but now, not so much. :)

Awesome blog!   So honest and from the heart.  I loved it.  :)

• Like 1

You are moving on.  That's a good thing, even if it doesn't feel that way at first.

Christianity is like a bad habit.  When we shed a bad habit, it is recommended to replace it with a good habit.