Goodbye Jesus

Got A Letter From My Former Church Today

msipsy218

Heh, interesting.  Reminds me of the letter I got from my former church when they noticed I hadn't paid my tithe in a year and wanted to collect.

This sort of thing reminds me of a cult (not according ot the Christian definition of the word).  Such groups require strict commitments from their members as well as generous financial contributions, and will apply pressure when these obligations aren't met.  We as humans seem to have an ingrained desire to meet the expectations of our peers, and I think Christians know that this sort of pressure can be very powerful.  Likely they think of it as delivering the body over to Satan, that the soul might be saved.  They won't be convinced that what they're doing is wrong, so I guess the best approach really is to ignore and avoid them.

I liked this part here:

It's been a very enlightening experience. One which has, in truth, only encouraged my decision. When I first expressed my doubts I was very much on the fence about where I stood, not only with my church, but also with my belief in god as a whole.  

As I've said in another thread, Christians are a nightmare for God's PR team. Pretty ironic, really.

• Like 1

DO IT. DO IT.

My old friends,

It is with a heavy heart that I must inform you that I have decided to join a different fellowship. I have found a church with a loving community who accepts me for exactly who and what I am.

I was saddened to receive your letter as I was on the cusp of deciding who I wanted to fellowship with. In my time at your church, I learned much about the bible and God's plan for me... which did not include the "sexually immoral" (as you deem it) lifestyle I have been born to lead. However, there are those in my new community who are able to perform miracles of healing and prophecy, in addition to levitation and the ability to speak in foreign languages and be understood (as opposed to your gibberish "gift of tongues").

And these are the same members of my new church who are living lifestyles that you would consider "depraved!"

It has come to my attention that the bible is nothing more than Christian propaganda and the end result of the war between heaven and hell is by no means unalterable. I have chosen to cast my lot with the god of reason and science, the god of miracles that can be seen and heard, the god of rational thought, hedonism, and immorality... who I fully believe capable of defeating your tired carpenter lord when the time for judgment has come.

Have you considered that you may be on the wrong side, my friends? Satan is a benevolent and generous lord. Giving of his time and power, expecting nothing in return except my own pleasure and critical thinking. I hate that this casts us as enemies when Armageddon comes, but with luck, you will come to your senses and realize that the present world, with its lusts and vices, is ours for all time once your fealty is given to the true lord, Lucifer Lightbringer, Lord of the Choir and Defender of Humanity.

Lodatelo! Lodare il portatore di luce! Lode a lui chi é venuto prima tra gli angeli e che é benedetto dalla sua stessa parola!

In Satan's Glorious Name!

MsIpsy

I just have to say, that is a glorious letter. Now I wish I had a church to send it to. :(

• Like 1

Heh, interesting.  Reminds me of the letter I got from my former church when they noticed I hadn't paid my tithe in a year and wanted to collect.

Dear Church,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!yelrotflmao.gif

Regards,

JA

• Like 1

My old church keeps sending me requests for aid along with whining about all their financial woes.  I think next time they do that I will remind them that God is all powerful and if they would only send me a donation of ten thousand dollars I will say a prayer to God on their behalf.  Don't limit God and remember that you can't out-give God.

• Like 6

What sanctimonious crap...

They say you are not living right and yet their "Man after God's own heart",  good ole David murdered tens of thousands, betrayed and killed a loyal soldier, stole his wife, enslaved the wives of those he conquered and plundered other cultures' treasures, yet he is approved of whole heartedly by the Evangeloonies...

Why don't you ask them why David (and Solomon and about every other so called King of Israel) could whore around, lie, cheat and murder and still get quoted by them on Sunday while theyre trying to throw you out for being a little wayward in not attending...truly these people have serious misguided minds..better yet ask them why they judge you yet say nothing of the abuse of Palestinaians by Israelis to this very day. If that doesnt get you tossed for good, nothing will! spanka.gif 

• Like 1

My old church keeps sending me requests for aid along with whining about all their financial woes.  I think next time they do that I will remind them that God is all powerful and if they would only send me a donation of ten thousand dollars I will say a prayer to God on their behalf.  Don't limit God and remember that you can't out-give God.

but but but

That only counts when it's the church demanding YOU give THEM money.