Goodbye Jesus

Here Is Practical Explanation About Next Life, Purpose Of Human Life, Philosophical/religious Facts, Theories Etc.

Guest Haribol2332

It might - I guess I have some respect for the Sanskrit.

but but... garlic is a miracle food. High in cancer fighting properties and such.

WHY GARLIC!  how am I supposed to eat my shrimp?  My garlic toast will just be ...toast!  :(

but but... garlic is a miracle food. High in cancer fighting properties and such.

WHY GARLIC!  how am I supposed to eat my shrimp?  My garlic toast will just be ...toast!  sad.png

Garlic is the natural weakness of vampires.  Coincidence, or is it?

WHY GARLIC!  how am I supposed to eat my shrimp?  My garlic toast will just be ...toast!  sad.png

Garlic is the natural weakness of vampires.  Coincidence, or is it?

Puts on my turtleneck sweater...

Guest Haribol2332

I found the information about Krishna to be really interesting since I do not know much about other religions as a formerly sheltered Christian. It was really interesting because it sounded a lot like a Christian talking about God. Similar assertions were made. 

But why are the gods so freaking concerned about people's sex lives? That's annoying.

Haribol2332, you say you are interested in psychology and philosophy? Great! So am I! Then you must know that sexual desires and urges are very powerful psychological urges that are instinctual to human nature. If this is the case, then for a religion to control someone's sexual urges means that this religion has a lot of control over that person's life. Have you ever thought that religions might be doing this on purpose as a controlling device? Further, why do you think that Krishna cares so much about sex?

illicit sex is forbidden ( which means sex with another mans wife or sex outside marriage ) sex life is not forbidden completely because that is required but sex life outside marriage and with another man/wife other then your husband/wife is sinfull. and we follow this rule no illicit sex.

if you really want to be happy then follow these 6 Things which are No illicit sex, No gambling, No drugs ( No tea & coffee ), No meat-eating ( No onion & garlic's )

5th thing is whatever you eat `1st offer it to Supreme Lord Krishna. ( if you know it what is Guru parama-para then offer them food not direct Supreme Lord Krishna )

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".

So follow a bunch of arbitrary morals, and ...chant... THAT is your "secret" to happiness???

You need to get out more.  Chanting and following weird religious rules aren't going to make anyone happy.  You are just posting nonsense.

And how the fuck is following these rules supposed to defeat the "4 evils" of Disease, Old age, Death, and Birth after Birth???

You forgot to explain that part.

Logic, Reason.... try it.  Much happier than total nonsense and dumbfuckery.Wendyloser.gif

who cares ? im selling Gold but i cannot sell iron at the place of Gold and if you want to buy Gold then you have to pay Good price similarly you have to follow rules and ragulation otherwise Hare Krishna mantra will still act but it will act in this manner just like for example :- if you will show fire to the dry wood then imediatly fire takes place but if wood is wet then only smoke will come which will only give pain to your eyes and nothing more similarly you have to follow complete rules and ragulation otherwise if you will chant with offence then it will also act but same like wet wood.

Here is no Question of Holy Books quotes, Personal Experiences, Faith or Belief. i accept that Sometimes Faith is also Blind. Here is already Practical explanation which already proved that every`1 else in this world is nothing more then Busy Foolish and totally idiot.

• Super Moderator

Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here.

Guest Haribol2332

wait `1st give me explanation on  conscious ? where is it ? show it now.

Here is already Practical explanation which already proved that every`1 else in this world is nothing more then Busy Foolish and totally idiot.

Yes, I must agree there's a lot of "totally idiot" around here. And your "Practical explanation" is certainly proving that.

We here at Ex-C do not owe you fuck-all in the way of an explanation, Haribol.  You came here with answers, not questions.

May those answers fail you at every turn, and may you lose your faith and never regain it.

• Like 1

Guest Haribol2332

We here at Ex-C do not owe you fuck-all in the way of an explanation, Haribol.  You came here with answers, not questions.

May those answers fail you at every turn, and may you lose your faith and never regain it.

if i will only explain or give answers then what you all will do next ? simply impose your answers on me and say that im wrong and you are right without explaining anything at all.

is this is what which you want ? so `1st of all i already give points in my 2nd comment and explain what is conscious on those basics. otherwise i will say it is an fools paradise.

illreligion is going as religion and nonsense is going as science.

you are all so much intelligent atheists right ? but why don't you define what is conscious on the basics of medical language or science basics ? ( you all are still so much puffed up without explaining anything at all that is why i say fools paradise because you are all shameless and remain same idiots )

and Intelligence has to do with the soul, not simply with the brain.

Take electricity, for example. Electricity moves between gross elements and through a gross wire. But the electricity itself -- it is not those elements, not that wire. It is subtle.

Electricity is real.  If it didn't exist, you wouldn't be talking to us right now.

There is no evidence for the soul, however.  None.

As I said, stop pretending you're here for answers.  You're here to preach, and you don't even have the good manners to refrain from calling your hosts "idiots."

Go away, or I'll lend My Clue-By-Four™ to Kali Ma so that She can help you find the manners you left in your other pants this morning.

• Like 2

I found the information about Krishna to be really interesting since I do not know much about other religions as a formerly sheltered Christian. It was really interesting because it sounded a lot like a Christian talking about God. Similar assertions were made. 

But why are the gods so freaking concerned about people's sex lives? That's annoying.

Haribol2332, you say you are interested in psychology and philosophy? Great! So am I! Then you must know that sexual desires and urges are very powerful psychological urges that are instinctual to human nature. If this is the case, then for a religion to control someone's sexual urges means that this religion has a lot of control over that person's life. Have you ever thought that religions might be doing this on purpose as a controlling device? Further, why do you think that Krishna cares so much about sex?

illicit sex is forbidden ( which means sex with another mans wife or sex outside marriage ) sex life is not forbidden completely because that is required but sex life outside marriage and with another man/wife other then your husband/wife is sinfull. and we follow this rule no illicit sex.

if you really want to be happy then follow these 6 Things which are No illicit sex, No gambling, No drugs ( No tea & coffee ), No meat-eating ( No onion & garlic's )

5th thing is whatever you eat `1st offer it to Supreme Lord Krishna. ( if you know it what is Guru parama-para then offer them food not direct Supreme Lord Krishna )

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".

So follow a bunch of arbitrary morals, and ...chant... THAT is your "secret" to happiness???

You need to get out more.  Chanting and following weird religious rules aren't going to make anyone happy.  You are just posting nonsense.

And how the fuck is following these rules supposed to defeat the "4 evils" of Disease, Old age, Death, and Birth after Birth???

You forgot to explain that part.

Logic, Reason.... try it.  Much happier than total nonsense and dumbfuckery.Wendyloser.gif

who cares ? im selling Gold but i cannot sell iron at the place of Gold and if you want to buy Gold then you have to pay Good price similarly you have to follow rules and ragulation otherwise Hare Krishna mantra will still act but it will act in this manner just like for example :- if you will show fire to the dry wood then imediatly fire takes place but if wood is wet then only smoke will come which will only give pain to your eyes and nothing more similarly you have to follow complete rules and ragulation otherwise if you will chant with offence then it will also act but same like wet wood.

Here is no Question of Holy Books quotes, Personal Experiences, Faith or Belief. i accept that Sometimes Faith is also Blind. Here is already Practical explanation which already proved that every`1 else in this world is nothing more then Busy Foolish and totally idiot.

You're an arrogant prick.  And anyway I hate ragulations.

if i will only explain or give answers then what you all will do next ? simply impose your answers on me and say that im wrong and you are right without explaining anything at all.

If you come in here acting like a friendly person then you would have found friends who happen to not be interested in your religion.  Some people don't mind that others are not interested in changing religion.  But if it is going to burn your eyes and make your skin itch then I'm sorry if you can't get over it.

We have a member (who I will not name to you) who is Hindu and generally he is loved and respected by most members here.  We don't care if he is Hindu and he doesn't care that we are not Hindu.  We have members who are Buddhist and we respect them like they respect us.  It is not hard.

But if you are going to tell the moderators what to do then your time is very short.  It was nice knowing you.  Or at least that is a polite thing to say when somebody leaves.

• Like 3

Guest Haribol2332

Electricity is real.  If it didn't exist, you wouldn't be talking to us right now.

There is no evidence for the soul, however.  None.

As I said, stop pretending you're here for answers.  You're here to preach, and you don't even have the good manners to refrain from calling your hosts "idiots."

Go away, or I'll lend My Clue-By-Four™ to Kali Ma so that She can help you find the manners you left in your other pants this morning.

( tell me did you ever seen how electricity works ? ) You cannot see this subtle thing directly; you can see it only when it interacts with something gross. But the subtle thing is independent and distinct from the gross things.

_______

( Even though gravitation does exist, we can't really see it. Modern science admits that. )

you all idiots of medical science don't accept soul because there is missing link and you are not even able to explain what is conscious ? and difference between dead man and living man ?

if there is a missing link? Then I kick on your face.

You're missing this kick. Now learn it. Nonsense. Here is the missing point.

The first step is to know the difference between a living body and a dead body. What is the difference?

The difference is that when someone dies, the spirit soul, or the living force, leaves the body. And therefore the body is called “dead.” So, there are two things: one, this body; and the other, the living force within the body. We speak of the living force within the body.

One must first understand that he is a soul, or something other than his body.

For example, as a child grows, he becomes a boy, the boy becomes a young man, the young man becomes an adult, and the adult becomes an old man. Throughout all this time, although his body is changing from a child to an old man, he still feels himself to be the same person, with the same identity. Just see: the body is changing, but the occupier of the body, the soul, is remaining the same. So we should logically conclude that when our present body dies, we get another body. This is called transmigration of the soul.

According to the Vedas, the measurement of the soul within the body is one ten-thousandth part of the tip of a hair. This is very small; in fact, it is atomic. Yet because of that atomic spiritual energy, my body is working. Is it so difficult to understand? Suppose a man thinks himself very stout and strong. Why is he stout and strong? Only because within his body is a small spiritual spark. But as soon as the spiritual spark is gone, his body dies, and his strength and vigor become void. If scientists say that matter is the cause and origin of life, then let them bring just one dead man back to life by injecting him with chemicals. But this they cannot do.

If you inject just one grain of deadly poison into someone, he immediately dies. No one can see the poison or how it acts. But the poison is acting nevertheless. In the same way, the Vedas say that because the minute particle called the soul is within the body, the whole body is working nicely. If I pinch myself, I immediately feel it, because I am conscious all over my skin. But as soon as the soul is absent, which is the case when my body dies, you can take this same skin and cut it and chop it, and no one will protest.

Why is this simple thing so hard to understand? ls this not detecting spirit?

All of you medical students ( or Scientists ). You have got so much advanced laboratories, advanced knowledge. and you do now know what is the difference between a living body and a dead body. What is the difference? even you are defying the authority of God. You have become so great. And you cannot prove that life is coming out of matter.

That you are leaving aside for future. And I have to believe such a rascal? Do you think it is nice? You are talking all nonsense, and I have to believe you?

All these scientists, they discover so many things. Why they did not discover something that he would not die? He would not become old? Where is that discovery? They will say: "Yes, in future." One man is kicking on your face, and you are saying: "Yes, in future, when I shall become strong, I shall kick him." But you are, my dear sir, being kicked now. What you are doing now? "Yes, I'm getting strength by your kicking."

so what is use of your medical science if you cannot even define what is difference between living man and dead man ?

and then next Question is Why a dead child born does not grow, does not change body? The body is a lump of matter. Analyze the body. Where is life?

This is the process. They cannot understand that because there is soul within the child, therefore child is becoming boy. As soon as there is no soul, the child does not become a boy. This simple philosophy they cannot understand, so what is their position? Now, this car is standing because there is no driver. Anyone can understand. Stand still. It will remain there for thousands of years unless a driver comes. Simple reason. But they are so rascal, they will not understand. So what is the use of talking with them? Simply waste of time.

Now learn it. Nonsense. Here is the missing point.

So consciousness means soul. Fine.

What does that have that to do with Krishna, or chanting, or eating garlic?

Nothing.

Can someone translate this idiot's rantings?

It's called irrational behavior, associated with psychosis.

He needs serious psychiatric care.

• Like 2

and then next Question is Why a dead child born does not grow, does not change body? The body is a lump of matter. Analyze the body. Where is life?

Life ends when a key biomechanical process (lungs, heart and/or brain) fails, because this causes other biological processes to fail.  Those, and not the imaginary "soul," are what life actually is.  Remove oxygen, and the organs die.  Remove brain function, and consciousness ceases.  After several minutes the brain is usually damaged beyond repair.

If a "soul" was actually consciousness, people who had been resuscitated after prolonged heart stoppage or hypoxia would be neurologically intact inasmuch as their sense of self was concerned.  This, sadly is not the case.  If the brain is damaged, so is the mind.  The soul doesn't just step out for a cup of tea while the surgical team or the paramedics are trying to bring someone back to life, then return in a whole state -- If consciousness does return, it's usually damaged in some way.

What good is a "soul" that can be damaged so easily?  Where is your evidence that it's anything more than a sad fiction, a story that Brahmins told to the other castes to explain why they were being treated so shoddily by the priestly overclass?

• Like 3

Can someone translate this idiot's rantings?

It's called irrational behavior, associated with psychosis.

He needs serious psychiatric care.

Or a rectal tambourinoplasty.

• Like 2

Those are interesting words Astreja...   zDuivel7.gif     so be it.

Life ends when a key biomechanical process (lungs, heart and/or brain) fails, because this causes other biological processes to fail.  Those, and not the imaginary "soul," are what life actually is.  Remove oxygen, and the organs die.  Remove brain function, and consciousness ceases.  After several minutes the brain is usually damaged beyond repair.

If a "soul" was actually consciousness, people who had been resuscitated after prolonged heart stoppage or hypoxia would be neurologically intact inasmuch as their sense of self was concerned.  This, sadly is not the case.  If the brain is damaged, so is the mind.  The soul doesn't just step out for a cup of tea while the surgical team or the paramedics are trying to bring someone back to life, then return in a whole state -- If consciousness does return, it's usually damaged in some way.

It's very true. How about people who suffer severe brain injuries and lose their memories or have a personality shift? What about people who get dementia or a myriad of other brain malfunctions? These people become someone else. So the soul, should it exist, cannot be separate from the body, because physical malfunctions would not affect something spiritual.

There was a study done on patients and out-of-body experiences. Researchers painted brightly colored numbers on the top of lockers in an operating room and told no one about them. They then induced out-of-body experiences in the patients where the patients believed that they were floating above their bodies as sometimes happens during traumas or injuries. When the researchers asked the patients what they had seen, no one reported seeing the numbers though they saw everything else clearly. If these people's souls had truly risen from their bodies, they would have seen the obnoxious numbers on the lockers.

I assume you have read some of Plato and Aristotle and many other philosophers who had this debate over souls versus the physical realm. This has been a long debated philosophical topic and it has shaped religion as we know it today (the Bible for example contains this duality concept). I don't know if I believe in souls or not, but I do think that I am leaning towards the idea that there are no souls, just based on the biology of it. 

I am glad you are here and in dialogue with us because I think communicating with others of other faiths is important. However, you should know, Haribol2332, that you are not going to convince anyone here that Krishna is the true god. So if that is your mission, then I am sorry to say it isn't going to work. We get preached at a lot by Christians, so it is nice to hear someone new, but we are used to it and if they can't convince us, neither can you. If anything, Krishna would advocate peace (I hope) to those who do not believe in him and I hope you will do the same. 

Hi Haribol.  Judging by your user name and the manner of your writing I'm guessing that you're a fellow Desi, and that you probably learned English in India (nothing wrong with that, so did both my parents).  Either that or you're associated with ISKON.  I have no idea how this is possible, but American Hare Krishnas seem to pick up a lot of Indian English dialect.

I think there might be some misunderstanding here, so let me clarify.  The reason you've received a less than warm response is because this is a forum for ex-Christians.  All of us here were Christians at some point in our lives, and have since left.  Most posters were raised Christian, though a few like myself were raised in other religions  The short version of my story is: I'm Indian American born as a Hindu, I became an evangelical Christian for six years, and I'm now back in Hinduism.

Individuals here who were raised Christian tend to have a distaste not just for Christianity, but for theistic religion in general.  This is a place for us ex-Christians to talk about our experiences and how our lives as former Christians have been going.  Discussions of religion are of course relevant and welcome, but when you commend a particular religion to someone, it has the effect of appearing like proselytism.  That has an obvious negative association with Christian evangelism, and will of course be taken badly.  If you want to connect with people here a bit more effectively, I would suggest emphasizing that you are not conveying any threats of divine retribution for failure to comply with your suggestions, and that what you offer is one valid lifestyle among others.  After all, pluralism is inherent to Hinduism.

Look, I've got nothing against reciting mantras and doing pujas, whether to Lord Krishna, Ganesha, Rama, or Goddess Saraswati (whom I prefer because of her association with education and scholarship).  Heck, I've been working on learning the Gayatri Mantra, which probably appears ridiculous to an outside observer since I look like an Indian but recite the Sanskrit words badly and in an American accent.  But I think you may be placing too strong of an emphasis on trying to get people to follow rules.  I'm not as religious as I should be, and I probably am far less knowledgable on the Gita than you are, but I do know verse 18:66, which I think might bear repeating in this context: "Relinquishing all ideas of righteousness, surrender unto Me exclusively; I wil deliver you from all sinful reactions, do not dispair."

If you are a devotee of Sri Krishna, then you know that there's a simpler path to Moksha than doing puja after puja and pennance upon pennance.  You are also likely aware of the verse from the Rig Veda, "Truth is One, paths are many."  Given this, it's probably best to do your devotion to Sri Krishna as you see fit, and let others follow their own path.  For some people, that path is atheism, and I'll point out that the Nastika school of thought in Hinduism practices this.

In short, I think that commending a highly restrictive brand of Hinduism to ex-Christians is not going to be constructive.

• Like 2

If anything, Krishna would advocate peace (I hope) to those who do not believe in him and I hope you will do the same. 

Heh, it's funny you mention this.  The Bhagavad Gita, which is part of the Mahabharata, is a discussion between Lord Krishna and the warrior prince Arjuna, in which the former is explaining to the latter why he must take part in a holy war which will involve killing a large number of his extended family.

Fortunately, our religion's holy wars do not involve the slaughter of unbelievers or children.  In fact the principle antagonist of the Mahabharata, the usurper king Duryodhuna, was just as religious as anyone else and (unsuccessfully) enlisted the aid of Sri Krishna prior to the main battle of the story.

Guest Haribol2332

It's very true. How about people who suffer severe brain injuries and lose their memories or have a personality shift? What about people who get dementia or a myriad of other brain malfunctions? These people become someone else. So the soul, should it exist, cannot be separate from the body, because physical malfunctions would not affect something spiritual.

There was a study done on patients and out-of-body experiences. Researchers painted brightly colored numbers on the top of lockers in an operating room and told no one about them. They then induced out-of-body experiences in the patients where the patients believed that they were floating above their bodies as sometimes happens during traumas or injuries. When the researchers asked the patients what they had seen, no one reported seeing the numbers though they saw everything else clearly. If these people's souls had truly risen from their bodies, they would have seen the obnoxious numbers on the lockers.

I assume you have read some of Plato and Aristotle and many other philosophers who had this debate over souls versus the physical realm. This has been a long debated philosophical topic and it has shaped religion as we know it today (the Bible for example contains this duality concept). I don't know if I believe in souls or not, but I do think that I am leaning towards the idea that there are no souls, just based on the biology of it. 

I am glad you are here and in dialogue with us because I think communicating with others of other faiths is important. However, you should know, Haribol2332, that you are not going to convince anyone here that Krishna is the true god. So if that is your mission, then I am sorry to say it isn't going to work. We get preached at a lot by Christians, so it is nice to hear someone new, but we are used to it and if they can't convince us, neither can you. If anything, Krishna would advocate peace (I hope) to those who do not believe in him and I hope you will do the same. 

so you are thinking that short term memory losts this thing happens to only few people ?

and my `1st claim is this that you are all idiots.

*How ?*

simply tell me all details about your *`1 cheap minute ?* ( details of every single second that what- what you have thought or done on every single second )

and if you *cannot* tell me about *`1 cheap minute* then how can you will tell me every single detail of your *whole hour, day, week, month, year or your whole life ?*

then what is *use* of this your *so called education* if you cannot tell me or any`One everything *as it is* ?

*and in same way you forgot your past life also and you are forgetting everything now also.*

therefore your mind is not very broad. what is that called ? " Crippled."

and is this dry talking is your science ?

im asking you `1st Question that what is conscious ? and there is no answer on it.

_________

and next Question im asking is  the first step is to know the difference between a living body and a dead body. What is the difference? there is no answer for this thing.

This is the process. you all cannot understand that because there is soul within the child, therefore child is becoming boy. As soon as there is no soul, the child does not become a boy. This simple philosophy you all cannot understand, so what is their position? Now, this car is standing because there is no driver. Anyone can understand. Stand still. It will remain there for thousands of years unless a driver comes. Simple reason. But you are all so rascal, you will not understand. So what is the use of talking with you all ? Simply waste of time.