Goodbye Jesus

Good News, Bad News -- Impending Cancer Biopsy And My Non-Religious Reaction

amateur

Sweetie, we're here with ya. Take the next few days....go shopping, watch movies, go swimming, do sky diving, try bungee jumping, do anything that helps you distract your mind!! Pig out on your favorite foods!! Whatever it takes! Come post here for the next three days. What do you need from us? I'll post movies for you, you tubes documentries, meditation music, funny jokes...whatever you want....let us know!!

We love you amateur! kiss.gif Try to breath and relax if you can.

goddess-award2.jpg

I want you to sing this song as loud as you can today. This is your homework!! I feel like I have to say this to you today. Maybe, I should  send it in a PM, so I hope you don't mind that I share this with the others on the board because I think it's a message we could all use.

We only have this day, this moment. Everyone of us will have to face things that we don't want to. I've made it through several major things that almost took me down...but I always had a fighting spirit. I had to pick myself up, dust myself off and tell myself that I was going to make it and I would show the world how strong I was.

I remember 2 1/2 years ago the doctor rushed me to the hospital because the pneumonia that I had was deadly. I remember going to the hospital thinking that many people died from simple pneumonia and this could possibly be the way I would leave this world. I remember also how at peace I was, as I thought that I could possibly die. I was quite amazed at myself. I went through my life ( a life review?) and felt that if this was it...it was OK. I did my best. I really tried to have a good ride on earth and make it pleasant for people around me.

I don't know why I am telling you this? You already seem very strong. I guess I just want to encourage you to choose to have as best of day as you can because that's all any of us have anyway. Just do baby steps during the next few days and try to enjoy everything that you can. You are woman!! You are strong!! No matter what you have to face, EX-c will be here for you. Huge *hug*

Reaching out with lots of hugs, Amateur.  Know that you can lean on all of us.  Holding you in my thoughts, today, sweetie, be at peace. 

• Like 1

I want you to sing this song as loud as you can today. This is your homework!! I feel like I have to say this to you today. Maybe, I should  send it in a PM, so I hope you don't mind that I share this with the others on the board because I think it's a message we could all use.

We only have this day, this moment. Everyone of us will have to face things that we don't want to. I've made it through several major things that almost took me down...but I always had a fighting spirit. I had to pick myself up, dust myself off and tell myself that I was going to make it and I would show the world how strong I was.

I remember 2 1/2 years ago the doctor rushed me to the hospital because the pneumonia that I had was deadly. I remember going to the hospital thinking that many people died from simple pneumonia and this could possibly be the way I would leave this world. I remember also how at peace I was, as I thought that I could possibly die. I was quite amazed at myself. I went through my life ( a life review?) and felt that if this was it...it was OK. I did my best. I really tried to have a good ride on earth and make it pleasant for people around me.

I don't know why I am telling you this? You already seem very strong. I guess I just want to encourage you to choose to have as best of day as you can because that's all any of us have anyway. Just do baby steps during the next few days and try to enjoy everything that you can. You are woman!! You are strong!! No matter what you have to face, EX-c will be here for you. Huge *hug*

Not bad, that song might be a bit dated though. Here's something a bit more contemporary that has pretty much the same message...

Come to think of it, it probably derives some inspiration from the other song posted.

I've noticed that the less faith someone has, the less scary death actually is. I spent a long time in the hospital and it was the kind of place where not everyone made it out. The more faith someone had, and the more people who prayed for them, the more depressed, afraid, and nervous they were. That's a personal observation on my part and it's held true reliably in my experience.

Faith doesn't make you stronger, it weakens you. It's been universal that the people without it were the ones who dealt with serious illness the best from what I've seen. The less religion they had, the better their attitude was. Running to it never worked out for the best from what I saw, at least as far as how someone handled things on an emotional level.

The faithful were also the least trustworthy and would give the caregivers the hardest time. They tended to get upset if others received care first and had the least patience.

For all the bluster about piety and selflessness, those who are the most religious are the ones who lack those qualities the most in my personal experience.

Also, this is awesome...

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Big Hugs!!!

Here's an awesome playlist of empowering songs for women just for the hell of it.

• Like 1

If one song can help, a playlist of great songs can only be better, right? happy.png

• Like 1

THANK YOU, EVERYONE!  I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

I did get the call from the nurse today.  Bad news.  Cancer in the right breast.

I have an appointment with the surgeon on March 3rd.  I'll let you all know what happens next.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for reading and posting and sending me songs!!!!

I love you all!

Hang in there. 

I did get the call from the nurse today.  Bad news.  Cancer in the right breast.

I have an appointment with the surgeon on March 3rd.  I'll let you all know what happens next.

I love you all!

Love you, too, sweetie.  So, is the other one ok?  We are all hanging in there with you.....peace!

Amateur, I am so sorry to hear about your cancer.

However, you are a very strong woman and we are all rooting for you. Stay strong and yes, HANG IN THERE! You can do it :)  

You are such an inspiration and so positive. Continue to keep us updated! I love you very much. Tons of hugs!! I may not have met you in real life but I feel like I know you and think of you as a personal friend. 

Here's some quotes for you to think about... I have always found quotes help me when I am dealing with my own troubles. 

“Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” - Joshua J. Marine

“Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, or worn. It is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace & gratitude.” - Denis Waitley

“Forget all the reasons it won’t work and believe the one reason that it will.” - Unknown

"We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up or fight like hell." -Lance Armstrong

"Cancer is a word, not a sentence." -John Diamond

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do."-Eleanor Roosevelt

"Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow." -Mary Anne Radmacher

"What Cancer Cannot Do"

Cancer is so limited...
It cannot cripple love
It cannot shatter hope
It cannot corrode faith
It cannot destroy peace
It cannot kill friendship
It cannot suppress memories
It cannot silence courage
It cannot conquer the spirit"

-Author Unknown
  • Like 1

"I'm every woman" video...

Already posted that one. ^_-

More, just because...

• Super Moderator

My glass will be raised to you tonight, Amateur.  You are strong.

We're here for you, if you need us. Even if you just want to talk.

• Super Moderator

Hope the surgeon will have a good treatment plan for you and that it works 100%.   Take care and know we're all thinking of you and wishing you the best!

I am so sorry you have to go through this my darling friend. You're going to make it ..I just know it. I had many clients go through this and they are doing very well today. Hang in there hon. The Doctors will know exactly how to approach this. Stay brave. Huge *hug*

This will be behind you before you know it.  You're a tough cookie.  Kick that cancer's ass.

• Like 1

Guest MadameX

Oh how scary ... hang in there ... and realize that the definition of 'cancer' is being re-written, ESPECIALLY with regard to breast cancer and prostate cancer 

big hug

I love you all!

Love you, too, sweetie.  So, is the other one ok?  We are all hanging in there with you.....peace!

Apparently, the left side is ok.  But I do have a question for the surgeon about what I saw in there with the mammogram and ultrasound -- an irregular-shaped mass with blood flow thru it (so NOT a cyst).  I'm working on my list of questions for the surgeon and have a good friend coming with me that day to help ask questions and write the answers down.  My husband and I decided my friend would be a better choice for this meeting because she will be more objective and less emotional like my husband and I, and my husband has only been at his new job for a bit over a month so cannot just take any time off that he wants and will want to save it for the day of surgery.

ApostateAwoken:  thanks for the quotes!  

Thanks again, everybody, from my heart.

Pulling for you, big time, amateur.

And I'm with others in admiring how you're handling this, even in the midst of your devastation.