Goodbye Jesus

Good News, Bad News -- Impending Cancer Biopsy And My Non-Religious Reaction

amateur

• Super Moderator

Oh wow, I'm almost speechless.  First though--I'm so happy for you with that great news from your surgeon - and your ex's news too.  

Secondly  -- well, that's where I am speechless.  Otherwise I'd be spewing every  #$@&%*!'ing word I could think of about your 30 years of gynecologists!     GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Big Hugs and Sleep Well tonight, amateur!

it is sure good news,,,, congrats,,,,

i always tell people and believe it is so,,,,

seeing doctor depends on luck,,,,, i had an ass luck when i had my heart attack and my good fortune to meet a good cardiologist and surgeon when the first doctor fuck up.......

• Like 1

awesome news!

Thanks, everybody!  I still have a couple weeks to wait for the surgery, but the surgery itself sounds straightforward and pretty much painless.  They'll biopsy what they remove and there's a very small chance of cancer, but it seems unlikely.

I'm getting over the weirdness from the gynes!

Thanks, everybody!  I still have a couple weeks to wait for the surgery, but the surgery itself sounds straightforward and pretty much painless.  They'll biopsy what they remove and there's a very small chance of cancer, but it seems unlikely.

I'm getting over the weirdness from the gynes!

Huge hug to you sweetie. I'm so happy this is coming to and end for you. Don't forget to grab a huge bottle of champagne and celebrate!!

*hug*

What can I say Amateur? My ignorance of all this is embarassing. I read your first post 30 minutes ago. My goodness, what a month of emotions! Your last post has helped my breathing somewhat and I have a whole list of folks I'd like to hug; Surgeon, some nurses,[one should be shot] husband, ex-husband, daughter, friend, son,,,let me think,,oh yea---YOU!! Man I love happy endings, way to go!

• Like 2

That is such great news!  I can only imagine the total feeling of relief.  Keep us posted, sweetie.

• 2 weeks later...

UGH!!!  Tomorrow I have a radioactive seed put in/near the tumor, and Friday is the surgery to take out the tumor and seed.  I thought I was doing ok, but today I am a bundle of nerves!

However . . . . I still have no thoughts or concerns of god/jesus.  Things grow in peoples' bodies and sometimes they are cancerous.  I've had several people sincerely tell me they will pray for me.  *sigh*  One woman is so sweet, and she's so nice otherwise, I just hugged her and said thank you.  But the rest I just kind of nod and end the conversation as quick as possible.  What's weird is one of them is one of my managers at one of my works.  Now THAT is awkward.  It's inappropriate at work from a manager.  It's also like really, he just wants me healthy and back so I can do the job that nobody else wanted to do for over a year, and now that I've been doing it the past couple months he wants me back to do it again.

I'll tell you this, tho.  Even tho this is not life threatening at this point (I'm pretty convinced of that now!), it's really made me re-think my priorities.  I already quit one of my three jobs, and cut back on another of them.  My husband had just gotten a great job with a very long commute ONE WEEK BEFORE MY DIAGNOSIS and I'm thinking we need to move closer to his work so we can have more time together (an extra couple hours a day!).  We're 50 and after some years of working multiple near-minimum-wage jobs he finally has a job we can survive on financially, and I still want to work but during his work hours (NOT opposite his work hours, which we did for some years from necessity, and still are doing a bit now).  I can easily find a low-paying job wherever we go!  Spending time with my dear husband is more important than a bit more money, if we can survive on what we have.  I also want to learn more about plants, herbs, and natural cures, AND have my own garden for that, something I've wanted to do for years but have never had much time.  I'm thinking this might be the time!

We've talked about it.  After the surgery, and after I get the results (hopefully definitely noncancerous) in a week, we can make some real decisions.

Your plan to move closer to hubby's work sounds wonderful!  I'm cheering you on, Amateur, and wishing for you all the hopes and dreams you have for the future.  You go, girl.....enjoy!!

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

You will be in my thoughts as well, Amateur.  And I'm certain you will feel much better by Friday afternoon.  I've trusted medical science for similar surgeries myself and have never been disappointed.  We are all behind you.

• Like 1

All good ideas,,,in fact, maybe the shorter comute would equal enough savings to pass up a low paying job and take on some extra fun shit, gardening, learn French, etc.

^^Xliar, that would be tres beau, et mon reve!  (I need to find accents for the letters!)

The shorter commute would easily save us about $250 a month in gas, and a couple hours a day for my husband.  And wear and tear on la voiture!

By the way, I just got back from the dr's office and they implanted the radioactive seed in my breast.  It was not painful, was done quickly and efficiently, but just totally grosses me out and I live in fear of the subsequent bill.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." -- John Wayne

I saddle up tomorrow at 12:45pm for surgery and those subsequent bills.

• Super Moderator

^^Xliar, that would be tres beau, et mon reve!  (I need to find accents for the letters!)

The shorter commute would easily save us about $250 a month in gas, and a couple hours a day for my husband.  And wear and tear on la voiture!

By the way, I just got back from the dr's office and they implanted the radioactive seed in my breast.  It was not painful, was done quickly and efficiently, but just totally grosses me out and I live in fear of the subsequent bill.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." -- John Wayne

I saddle up tomorrow at 12:45pm for surgery and those subsequent bills.

Yippe ka-yay, sister!

• Like 1

maybe instead of that low paying job, start teaching French in the comfort of your new home. How's that for a great idea? oooh lala and yippy ka ya. I hope things went well today Am.

Any more updates, Amateur? 

Surgery was on Friday, and I pretty much followed doctor's orders and rested over the weekend.  Everything went fine.  Operation went smoothly, the incision is small and clean.  I have nothing but a dull ache that comes and goes at the site, not even enough for pain meds.  I'll have two weeks off for recovery, but am using this time to think about my "jobs" and my husband's much more profitable career.  We will definitely be moving closer to his work.  I'm looking at houses on line, and we should have an evening next week where we can do some driving and see the actual neighborhoods.

I also now have a stack of paperwork regarding hospital bills, my jobs (one of my jobs denied my request for medical leave -- oh wells, I work there Sat and Sun nights, and didn't bother going this past weekend, nor will I bother next weekend), taxes, and some personal things.  I'll be hacking away at that.

My ex's procedures went fine, in fact so fine the doctor that did them said he had no idea why the first doctor wanted the tests done.  No surgery is needed, and none of the tests showed anything unusual.  So, other than being confused over the tests, and getting his own bills, my ex is much relieved at the prospect of NO heart surgery.  As my daughter and I have the same heart condition (which usually causes no problems), we are also happy to hear such good news!

At the end of this week, I'll get a call from my surgeon letting me know if any cancer was found in what they took out of me.  She told my husband while I was in recovery that there is only a 3 1/2% chance of cancer.  So I'm not overly worried about this one.  If I grow another one of these THINGS, I'm not sure I can do it again.

Three and a HALF percent?  How's that for an exact number!  I like the half thing!

Thanks everybody for following along!  

Glad to hear, amateur! And good for you for taking that awful scare, the surgery, and your adjustment time to do such good work on your life!

My sympathies on the stupidity of medical bills. You sure you don't want the pain meds to help with that? ;)

• Super Moderator

It's good to have you back on your feet and posting again.

My sympathies on the stupidity of medical bills. You sure you don't want the pain meds to help with that? wink.png

I did actually consider that!

It's good to have you back on your feet and posting again.

It's good to be feeling like a regular person again!

Now I can look for a new house and job, and NO, I don't need Jesus to help me find either of those!

JUST HAD A CALL FROM MY SURGEON!!!!  THE BIOPSY RESULTS SHOW THAT I AM CANCER FREE!!!!!!!!!

jesus.gif smileybreasts.gif jesus.gif

My boobs are happy again!

• Like 3

Here's to a round of "WOOT!" 3.gif woohoo.gif

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

May the road rise to meet you and may the wind be ever at your back, amateur.  My glass will be raised to you tonight.

• Like 1

Congrats! :D