Goodbye Jesus

British Colonization Of Africa

wanderinlostchild

When I worked on k street, we spent weeks putting together position papers regarding various bills. For instance, vote no on bill no. 234567, here's why...

We then spent an afternoon walking in circles around a big conference table collating 40 or so papers for 100 senators and 500+ congress members. Armed with my own stack of papers, they turned me loose inside the halls of congress, where I went door to door introducing myself to staff and dropping off our papers which represented a fairly large constituency across the nation.

The staff were all very friendly and pleased to take my papers and add them to those they'd received from similar interests groups. Most offices had stacks of such papers climbing from floor to ceiling covering entire walls. To, file mine, many had to climb on top of a chair.

undoubtedly our hard working congress and members of Senate read every one of those papers in between golf, Scotch lunches in Georgetown and typical wheeling dealing they're all so famous for. But I tend to have less faith and after 20 or so visits, I looked over both shoulders to make sure no one from my office was looking and filed the remainder of my stack in the round cabinet.

Well there is your problem. You didn't make a "campaign contribution". If they could be influenced for free they would be somewhere else.

actually, our group represented physicians across the country. We had around 10,000 members iirc, most of which had contributed not only to our organisation but to campaigns. It's just that their money was drowned out by the real money. We also employed a professional lobbyist. I'm uncertain if he had access to any contribution funding.

To give you an idea what we were up against though, our office was on k street and used roughly half of one floor. K street is high rent and the office had some prestige.

By comparison, Boeing has a lobby in rosslyn, across the river. This lobby owns the entire building roughly 25 stories high. When we took our progressive anti war, anti nuke message to congress, who do you think might get the most attention, us, or Boeing?

When I worked on k street, we spent weeks putting together position papers regarding various bills. For instance, vote no on bill no. 234567, here's why...

We then spent an afternoon walking in circles around a big conference table collating 40 or so papers for 100 senators and 500+ congress members. Armed with my own stack of papers, they turned me loose inside the halls of congress, where I went door to door introducing myself to staff and dropping off our papers which represented a fairly large constituency across the nation.

The staff were all very friendly and pleased to take my papers and add them to those they'd received from similar interests groups. Most offices had stacks of such papers climbing from floor to ceiling covering entire walls. To, file mine, many had to climb on top of a chair.

undoubtedly our hard working congress and members of Senate read every one of those papers in between golf, Scotch lunches in Georgetown and typical wheeling dealing they're all so famous for. But I tend to have less faith and after 20 or so visits, I looked over both shoulders to make sure no one from my office was looking and filed the remainder of my stack in the round cabinet.

Well there is your problem. You didn't make a "campaign contribution". If they could be influenced for free they would be somewhere else.

actually, our group represented physicians across the country. We had around 10,000 members iirc, most of which had contributed not only to our organisation but to campaigns. It's just that their money was drowned out by the real money. We also employed a professional lobbyist. I'm uncertain if he had access to any contribution funding.

To give you an idea what we were up against though, our office was on k street and used roughly half of one floor. K street is high rent and the office had some prestige.

By comparison, Boeing has a lobby in rosslyn, across the river. This lobby owns the entire building roughly 25 stories high. When we took our progressive anti war, anti nuke message to congress, who do you think might get the most attention, us, or Boeing?

Well if Boeing out spent you on real estate by 50 to 1 they must have out spent you on campaign contributions by at least as much.

I know. I should have put a burning bag of poop in the Boeing lobby and then stalked the children of their lobbyists. Too bad I'm in no condition for it these days, freedom will be left for the younger generation of juvenile vandals to defend.

oh, and I promise to re watch rudy so ill be inspired ro never give up in the face of overwhelming odds.

• Like 1

Anyone have anything to say about the British conquest of Africa?tml[/url]

Yes.

A question... What do you have to say about it and how is it relevant?

quote name="gall" post="966416" timestamp="1404297392"]

Has Great Britain done any restitution/reparations?

(They owe the Irish as well)

GALL: I know this is rant section but isn't it suppose to be rant about religion or deconversion?

this seems pretty off topic. other than the whole divine right crap that most majors powers use to pull to justify their land grabs.

I noticed you are quiet hypercritical of this thread.

of all the strange threads in the Rant section , you have to post multiple comments of criticism against one about the British colonization of Africa. you say it isnt relevant and question me as as though this is bizzare right off the bat! Is this a personal attack on me, or do you have issues with people who want to criticize imperialism?

are you a fan of the British Empire? the only great empire that was never held accountable for their actions!

On this holiday we celebrate the defeat of Great Britain. happy 4th of July!

post-21721-0-21015300-1404507263.jpeg

post-21721-0-38619300-1404507283_thumb.jpeg

post-21721-0-93921200-1404507296.jpeg

post-21721-0-94262800-1404507478_thumb.jpeg

Happy 4th of July, Americans!

6281_10201216811556107_1386268233_n.jpg

post edited. I get it now skipinchurch!

Anyone have anything to say about the British conquest of Africa?tml[/url]

Yes.

A question... What do you have to say about it and how is it relevant?

quote name="gall" post="966416" timestamp="1404297392"]

Has Great Britain done any restitution/reparations?

(They owe the Irish as well)

GALL: I know this is rant section but isn't it suppose to be rant about religion or deconversion?

this seems pretty off topic. other than the whole divine right crap that most majors powers use to pull to justify their land grabs.

I noticed you are quiet hypercritical of this thread.

of all the strange threads in the Rant section , you have to post multiple comments of criticism against one about the British colonization of Africa. you say it isnt relevant and question me as as though this is bizzare right off the bat! Is this a personal attack on me, or do you have issues with people who want to criticize imperialism?

are you a fan of the British Empire? the only great empire that was never held accountable for their actions!

I am a fan of mostly only one thing. Myself.

It was a simple question nothing more. If you need to fight about it go right ahead.

I am not totally sure of the overall acceptance or non acceptance in this particular forum section which is why I asked.

if it is all good then let it all hang out.

The modern UK is no different than us in many ways and I could care less about the british colonial monster and yes it was a monster. I wonder where the American colonial monster learned it from???

I dislike the human race equally in one thing we all fight to damn much and mostly never listen.

edit:

I read this again and I am not even sure if you are being serious actually. In favor of emperialism? Not ever. to bad we have never had anything but that. you can call what the US has something else but it is just a different hat on the same head. As an average person I have power over nothing. It is the priveledged few at the top that are still dictating to the rest of us. It has progressed a little in the last 200 years though and the peons down here at my level have it a bit better. I know I am glad I don't have to farm potatoes.

Well gall you have two fans now. I think you should run for president. And thank you for teaching me how to spell emperialism. You'll go down in History as that guy!

Happy Independence day!

....how you go about making your amends to the death...

Yeah....someone else is the troll...

Not to pull your halo down, but....

Can't tell if you're talking to me TF. Also your video just appears as a big black square on my screen. Wanna fill me in what it's all about?

P.S. to set the record straight, God's last name is is Zilla

Can't tell if you're talking to me TF. Also your video just appears as a big black square on my screen. Wanna fill me in what it's all about?

P.S. to set the record straight, God's last name is is Zilla

I don't even remember now, and everyone seems to have since edited their posts.  I'm sure that I noticed somebody trolling and acting self-righteous.  I shared a song from A Perfect Circle from an album centered around 12-step programs and overcoming addiction.  

"And not to pull your halo down

Around your neck and tug you off your cloud

But I'm more than just a little curious

How you're plannin' to go about makin' your amends

To the dead"