Goodbye Jesus

Go To Hell

TheRedneckProfessor

"The only God-ordained fear is the fear of God, and if we fear Him we don't have to fear anyone or anything else."

Mark Batterson.

The 'good' pastor Batterson doesn't seem to know his Bible very well.

Matthew 10 : 28, NIV.

"Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul.  Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both body and soul in hell."

Sorry Ironhorse, but that's a God-ordained instruction to fear Satan... right from the lips of Jesus.

• Like 1

late on this topic, but yea fear tactics is the best way to control people, And many people use it in work, politics, even boyfriend and girlfriend tries to give ultimatums. I didnt becoem christian because of fear but i know people who did, and that is a sad reality. I wish more people would come to christianty because of the LOVE i experienced and not the FEAR people use. That is NOT what happened to me, i chose christianty out of desire and want not because of tactics

"The only God-ordained fear is the fear of God, and if we fear Him we don't have to fear anyone or anything else."

Mark Batterson.

"Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul.  Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both body and soul in hell."

Sorry Ironhorse, but that's a God-ordained instruction to fear Satan... right from the lips of Jesus.

Ironhorse,

Do you trust what Pastor Batterson writes here... http://www.markbatterson.com/  ...when his grasp of scripture is so shaky?

Mark Batterson.

Ironhorse,

Do you trust what Pastor Batterson writes here... http://www.markbatterson.com/  ...when his grasp of scripture is so shaky?

bornagainathiest,

I like the quote. I've heard the same thought expressed almost with the same words.

I found him quoted on a 'quote' page. I have never heard of

him actually, so I don't know anything about him or what he teaches.

I will check out the link you posted and let you know I think.

Mark Batterson.

Ironhorse,

bornagainathiest,

I like the quote. I've heard the same thought expressed almost with the same words.

I found him quoted on a 'quote' page. I have never heard of

him actually, so I don't know anything about him or what he teaches.

I will check out the link you posted and let you know I think.

Well, you might want to bear this in mind, Ironhorse.

1 John 4 : 18, NIV

18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear,because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

How can there be God-ordained fear if God is love?

• Like 1

“The only God-ordained fear is the fear of God, and if we fear Him, we don't have to fear anyone or anything else.”

~ Mark Batterson

IH,

In his epistle, John tells us that "perfect love casts out fear." By this reasoning, love should cast out the fear of God, and in essence cast out God himself. But wait, John also says that "God is love." So then, God casts out God.

It's all in your mind, God, fear, and even love. And you get to choose which one you live by.

Human

That's interesting, Human.

"God casts out God."  

Ironically, there's a nice parallel quote to that in the Bible... spoken by God (Jesus) Himself.

Matthew 12:2621st Century King James Version (KJ21)

26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then shall his kingdom stand?

BAA,

Thanks for posting that passage. It came to mind right after I realized the implication of "God casts out God." The parallel is not merely coincidental, I suspect. That's my psychological view of it.

Human

Sounds good to me, H.  

BAA,

Thanks for posting that passage. It came to mind right after I realized the implication of "God casts out God." The parallel is not merely coincidental, I suspect. That's my psychological view of it.

Human

Sounds good to me, H.

BAA,

btw, my 3 favorite ST characters are: Spock, Spock, and Spock. Do you know which three I mean? One is already obvious.

(Sorry this is off topic.)

Ah, Hell!!! (Back on topic. LOL)

Human

Let's see...

Mister Spock, from the U.S.S. Enterprise.

Mirror Spock, from the I.S.S. Enterprise.

and...?

BAA,

Human

Sounds good to me, H.

BAA,

btw, my 3 favorite ST characters are: Spock, Spock, and Spock. Do you know which three I mean? One is already obvious.

(Sorry this is off topic.)

Ah, Hell!!! (Back on topic. LOL)

Human

Let's see...

Mister Spock, from the U.S.S. Enterprise.

Mirror Spock, from the I.S.S. Enterprise.

and...?

There is also alternative timeline Spock:

But I have to say he is no favorite of mine.

off the topic, but Quinto gets points from me because he's the Spock that actually kicked Kirk's ass in combat.

Heck!

We could have had (yet) another Spock, if the transporter had duplicated/divided him, as it did to Kirk.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/The_Enemy_Within_(episode)