Goodbye Jesus

I Was Asked To Share My Story (No Catchy Phrse Today) Just Typos

1AcceptingAThiest1

i dont care the way people treat me thats their perogative on what they think, people will always dislike something about even if you were perfect and i am far from perfect i feel sorry for people that use insults insteach of sharing and teaching. Buts its embarassing to themself not me. if people talk about not showing love and then they dont do it either. its something they have to deal with, they live that kind of life.  I like your response to me midniterider and the first 5 6 people that responded to my story no insults jsut love, respect and genuien inquiry. Insults are useless. i eat them for breakfeast dont bother me either way but its sad that christianity ironically probably conditioned certain people that way to treat others harshly, but thats the thing, if they were treated bad BY christianity then they should act the opposite to show they are much better but with some people they cant help but to be negative

midniterider i love your responses you talk to me like a normal person despite my beleifs

again as i said in my story Me as a skeptic i saw thru christians trying to us internal subtle gentle secret techniques to try to convert and i layed out 3 reasons why they dont work and how inefective it is, because we can see it plain as day. For me who KNWOS its incredibly transparent wouldn not use such a blant see thru tactics, which is how you lose respect and loyalty int he first place and goes against the very thing christianty stands for. What i say is for real how i feel no tricks, since i seen so many because i converted

Thanks florduh your cool dude :)

You see, Jesus has four roles that he performs to help and love All of humanity in the world, he is not Dead and the truth is he alive today unlike other religious founders. Although he is not visible to the naked eye he changes peoples lifes here in reality and plays a critical role in the world we live in today to put it in modern terms a Lawyer, Doctor and Firefighter and Friend

...................................................................................................

Can i get Witness?....Lawyer

Its like this, Jesus is like a lawyer for humankind and because of Adam and Eves Rebellion we are all born into sin and God is a God of justice so we had to be punished for our sin but Jesus being our lawyer stood in front of God and said no, take your punishment out on me even though we were guilty Jesus took our place and got punished by God instead, for our sin and we got to go free. Jesus bridged the gap between us and God and was the atonement for our sins. (Hebrews 7:23-25) Colossians 2:14) (1 John 2:1) 1 John 1:9) Isaiah 43:25-26)

..................................................................................................

No Cure...Know Cure....Doctor

Luke 5:31 Jesus answered them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick."Why would a doctor give medicine to a person who is completely healthy?” Doctors help those who are ill. so Jesus helps those who are ill in the spirit…sin, condemnation, or brokenness. Not just physical healing but also inside of us, and helps the problems that trouble us, such as Purpose in life, Fatherlessness, marriage, self-esteem, Depression, grief abuse etc. Christ can bring us out of the pit and make us whole. Matthew 11:28-30 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Psalm 147:3 Psalm 34:18

...................................................................................................

Some fire doesnt Burn.....Firefighter

Houses get caught on fire by accident and on purpose, by anyway it comes about the fighters are called to help, Jesus does the same for us, when we are going through what could be metaphorical fire, lack of finances, stress,heartache, Jesus can help. Your life will not be perfect but He will put people in your life, or unexpected blessing will come out of nowhere.When there is a fire we call a firefighter and they wash the fire away, in the same way when there is personal strife or sin Jesus can wash it away. IF you dont call the firefighter to wash away the fire how can they take care of it? When Jesus died for us, at that moment out sins were washed away, so all we have to do now is ask for forgiveness whenever we sin. 1John 1:9 "if we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." Essentially, no matter what you have done, God is willing to forgive you and to wash away the sin. If you have unconfesssed sin in your life, do not feel like you have to hide from God. Instead, bring the matter to him in prayer and receive the gift of his forgiveness. Isaiah 43:25 "I, even I, am he who blots out your sins, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more." Matthew 26:28 Ephesians 1:7 Colossians 1:14 Revelation 1:5

..................................................................................................

Does anyone really care?....Friend

John 15:13 “13Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.” There are points in our lives we feel misunderstood, ignored, and even confused. Worst of all everyone has at one point we felt alone. The truth is we are never alone. God is omnipresent This means He is everywhere and all knowing. Our heavenly father knows what we are going through because when He was on earth he faced the same temptations, betrayal, and persecution a we do. He understand and knows our pains that is why he says to put it all on him so we can be at eae With that being said, he has outlined for his children how to deal with these challenges and how we arent alone.He is watching over us he will never make us call to him but he is always there waiting Peter 5:7.Hebrews 13:5

God was there for me when NO HUMAN EVER WAS...That is what makes me know I am not alone. We are never alone

Thanks for sharing your story 1AcceptingAThiest1. I came to the lord for the exact same reasons as you. Most of us did. All the above reasons. Maybe he is there for you? I hope he is. He just never came through with anything for me and most of the others on EX-c.

Warm wishes..

Another Christian "me me me" thread.

Thanks Margee thats why i hope this site never gets discontinued i love it here :) even if other people dont love me

Thanks Margee thats why i hope this site never gets discontinued i love it here smile.png even if other people dont love me

Why do you love it here?

• Like 1

Now actually i will be sharing more of WHY i became a christian as time goes by because its like meeting a woman for the first time and you ask her everything about herself. Its impossible for her to tell you everything in one sitting. Some things come about as things come to her rememberance like when certain questions are asked etc. Also i think what would help keep responses short like you did the first time I mean look how long THIS is and i only responded briefly to everyone and i think it makes it easier for me to respond to everyone, because when its long i spend more time responding to you than everyone else. but your responses so far were brief enough thanks.

I do have a SECRET that i cant exactly tell yall yet its one of those private things people would tell someone after they had awesome sex just analogy btw and well...uh ya know you got you earn that kinda thing i ain t no Hoe! one night stands is overrated.

moanareina

Ah...there is all that one that will give me a hard time ROFL. But really i am not meant to be offensive, i was simply operating off classical conditioning. My Christian friend went to this site shared his honest story just as i did 2 years ago and he was mocked like a rabbit Dog. it was pitiful So it wasnt a defense it as a condition responsed as, many of you here have christians preaching lying making up stuff to gain favor etc. That was your condition. Ultimatly i didnt mean to be offensive and i am sorry. BUT sometimes when i post my story all they will do is just disect it. and not care but not everyone is like that

Thanks for your story very real and heartfelt im sure you hear christians use bible verse such as seek him diligently and you will find him, knock and the door shall be open to you and your like...Umm yea i already did that lol. I mean Matt dillihaunty from Atheist experience i watch that show all the time before my conversion(at the time it was fortifiying WHy i didnt beleive) and even now i still love to watch it. It is interesting tho how Can i be exposed to something like the athiest experience and still cross the bridge from lack of beleif to to beleif. from faith to no faith and abck to faith again. lol Strange there was a character in the bible that did this i cant rememeber his name. Thats cool you knwo verses im sure alot of people here do now and know more than most christians lol because too many christian just listen to a preacher and want their ears tickeld the bible actually warns against this, we are to reasearch for ourselfs. Look how many people fell victim to the Harold Camping story of End of the world May 1st and then december x and both times people gave up everything and got nothing back in return and whole families were living on the streets. All they had to read the part in the bible where it says "No one man knows" 4 words could have saved their life. But many christians just go based on what they hear and when they are promised roses and get thorns they give up on the whole thing altogether. Not saying you did this, just sharing the sad stories of people hurt BY false information.

By the way What do you think of me responding to everyone like this? I care about you guys to take time during breaks at work lunch breaks before my shift and after my shift to be able to respond to everyone, i think its pretty cool. So please pardon me if i take a long time to respond i wrok from 10am to 11pm and working thru breaks and in between phoen calls, its the only way i can keep up and respond prompltly otherwise if i wait til after work im tired and you all would get a resposne once a week then i would seem like the typical run and post christian when in actuality that wouldnt have been the case.

again thanks for sharing your story Maybe That puts you Closer to knowing my SECRET if you get what i mean ROFL

There might be people who react negatively to your posts and that for a reason. But to start with a disclaimer like that is offensive because it says that you expect this from the majority. Now most people on here are quite patient and keep up the conversation even when someone comes across quite ignorant. There is much ignorance in your statements and some arrogance in the way you approach people here but I decided to give you the benefit of a doubt. But I have to admit, you should not be surprised if one or the other throws something at you once in a while. So if you start with a defensive disclaimer you clearly are in defensive mode. Why not sharing your thoughts and when you feel offended you deal with it?

Then you make more assumptions then necessary. Yes there are people assuming things about me and throwing their 'wisdoms' at me...but I am not with such people anymore and when a Christian shows up here the first thing I do is read what he is throwing out there and get an opinion. To have a conversation and see where it goes. There is no conditioned reaction like you are describing it. The need to be defensive vanished the moment I left Church and decided to be real no matter what. When I understood that I had no need to defend my believes. Because either they where true or not. Someone not agreeing with me did not make them false. And I could always learn from those who disagree.

You ask me what I think of you responding to all of us here. And you add you care about us. So let me ask you this: Is it not that being on a forum, starting a thread is somehow exciting. Because you throw something out there and you get attention. People respond and your brain gets food for thought. Do you care for us? Or is it just that you somehow unconscious seek attention? When I was a Christian I thought I had so much to say. Even when I left Church. I sometimes hoped to find someone I could talk about that stuff I had found. For example about how God loved us and it was not about performance but about being real. How it was not about obligation but about love. Now it became clear to me that this was just a way of my unconscious desire for attention.

I don't want to put out assumption. Just saying that to me your claim that you care about people here sounds more like an excuse for yourself to spend time on the www.

Then believe me, I am a very thoughtful person and I would never have thrown out faith due to false information or anything like that. There was just no God and faith left after I became real with myself. Even now my experience is, the less I assume supernatural entities the more alive I feel. Funny eh? The more I feel to own my life and to matter. The more I feel to be capable of dealing with the issues that held me back my whole life.

Thing is, I did seek diligently...and have found nothing. I did knock and the only door that opened was the one of losing my religion. And once that happened there is no way to go back.

Also you say you where an unbeliever for fifteen years before you became a Christian. But you grew up with Christian parents. So you where exposed to Christianity your entire life. That is very different from being a completely unreligious and then finding to Christian God. That happens but it is not the norm. Most people who become Christians have been exposed to Religion before. This is something you need to consider when you think about your time before becoming a Christian.

I am very sorry for your friend who got bashed here. I can't say anything about that because I was not part of the forum back then. I only see that people here usually are up for real discussions and even if a Christian comes along and shows his whole arrogance they try to keep up a conversation. No matter how unreasonable someone shows himself to be they still have the patience to stay on the point. But we are all humans and some topics are quite sensitive. There are people here who have experienced emotional abuse (well I guess most have because it is in the nature of most religious organizations, but that is a whole other topic...) and if someone can't grasp what someone has been through who deconverted it can be quite frustrating...and name calling happens. Maybe you should keep that in mind. In German there is a saying that says: How you shout into the forest, it shouts back.

again as i said in my story Me as a skeptic i saw thru christians trying to us internal subtle gentle secret techniques to try to convert and i layed out 3 reasons why they dont work and how inefective it is, because we can see it plain as day. For me who KNWOS its incredibly transparent wouldn not use such a blant see thru tactics, which is how you lose respect and loyalty int he first place and goes against the very thing christianty stands for. What i say is for real how i feel no tricks, since i seen so many because i converted

You might get a better response around here if we could decipher what you're trying to say. This is unintelligible.

i used to have an atheist friend that translates everything i say typos grammer and all but he is on facebook maybe i should get him to come here lol

thanks moanareina for the kind words and i think i see what you mean. Im open to learn.

and yea its natural to feel i may seek attention, many people do that, but for me when i did that in high school in the end people always end up letting me down, human love is based on condition and not unconditonal, so if i seek attention it will always be elt down eventually even with the ones that we love becasue humanity isnt perfect. Attention seeking is usualy for teenagers in highs chool getting to know who they are, who need attention to find worth. I find my worth in God so attention seeking never comes from humans. I valude my friends and family but they do not give me my worth because everyone has been let down in one way or another. But agains thansk for all you said

Orbit i love it here becasue i learn how to communicate effectivly my typo errors decrese once a week

disillusioned

Thansk for reading, excuse me for the typos

actually i did answer the WHY it was "its because he was there for me when no other human ever was" that was a simplified version of years of repeated actions.

your second question however i didnt, how i know its true, evidence, reason, logic, etc. Well to me it was all the above but not in your conventional sense that the scientific community would accept. There is things that in the bible that says X will happen if you X and in real life that is EXACTLY what happened so To me whatever comports realtiy is TRUE for me, what is TRUE for me is evidence to me, what is Evidence for me is a reason for me, what is a reason is logical to me. On a consistent basis God was there for me through my entire life. When even when i was doing wrong he protected me. Now as a skeptic i would ask people...how does this work non emperically? so what do i mean by THERE for me? does he tuck me in bed at night? does he drive my car for me and swirves out the way of someone who got inspired by fast and the furious movie? i mean to be Honest i cannot present to you with emperical evidence, but would you accept that truth statements as non emperical evidence? A list of events that matches reality and was in sync with the bible said would happen matched reality to me was good enough buit again to the scientific community every event im sure they would contest every....last...one. in any case. cutting short to get to next person, Im willing to answer any questions to expand upon this. Thx for reading

Fair enough. My intention was to inquire as to why you drew the conclusion that it was actually the Christian God who was there for you, and not something else. Of course, you are under no obligation to share any more of this than you wish to. I don't wish to contest your experiences or the beliefs that they have led you to. That would be discourteous and wrong of me. I will only note that, as is the case with everyone else here, I have my own experiences to draw on. The problem with arguments from experience is that they are subjective. I am happy to accept that your experiences are convincing to you, just as mine are convincing to me. If you are truly happy as a Christian, then I wish you all the best. As long as you don't ask me to share your beliefs, we should get along just fine.

• Like 1

disillusioned thanks for sharing and i wish i had your grammer and writing skills, then maybe the book im writing would have more success hopefully they pay attention more to the concept rather than my grammar. but i cant imagine a book being released nationally with 1,000 grammatical errors, perhaps they could leave it in there for comic relief

...dupe post

I once believed like you do, 1Accepting. Nothing monumental happened to "turn me away" from "God." But, I never looked deeply at Scripture, and when I finally chose to, everything changed.

At the end of it, you choose to believe in things you can't see. That have no verifiable evidence. I once believed too. I had that much faith.

But, there came a point when I didn't want to live my life on faith.

That's what separates a believer from a non-believer. You are willing to have faith. I once was like you in that regard. But once I realized the Bible really isn't a "true story," what was I hoping in then? What was my faith for?

I guess I know too much now to have faith. :blush:

Thanks for sharing your story. If it brings you joy and makes you a better man, who am I to judge you?

Just hope you don't become preachy. ;)

• Like 1

This was one of the powerful Stories jesus Told that contributed to my Conversion i was wondering what you guys thought of it

Matthew 13 through 3 -23

3-8 “What do you make of this? A farmer planted seed. As he scattered the seed, some of it fell on the road, and birds ate it. Some fell in the gravel; it sprouted quickly but didn’t put down roots, so when the sun came up it withered just as quickly. Some fell in the weeds; as it came up, it was strangled by the weeds. Some fell on good earth, and produced a harvest beyond his wildest dreams.

9“Are you listening to this? Really listening?”
10 The disciples came up and asked, “Why do you tell stories?”
 11-15 He replied, “You’ve been given insight into God’s kingdom. You know how it works. Not everybody has this gift, this insight; it hasn’t been given to them. Whenever someone has a ready heart for this, the insights and understandings flow freely. But if there is no readiness, any trace of receptivity soon disappears. That’s why I tell stories: to create readiness, to nudge the people toward receptive insight. In their present state they can stare till doomsday and not see it, listen till they’re blue in the face and not get it. I don’t want Isaiah’s forecast repeated all over again:

Your ears are open but you don’t hear a thing.
    Your eyes are awake but you don’t see a thing.
The people are blockheads!
They stick their fingers in their ears
    so they won’t have to listen;
They screw their eyes shut
    so they won’t have to look,
    so they won’t have to deal with me face-to-face
    and let me heal them.

16-17 “But you have God-blessed eyes—eyes that see! And God-blessed ears—ears that hear! A lot of people, prophets and humble believers among them, would have given anything to see what you are seeing, to hear what you are hearing, but never had the chance.

18-19 “Study this story of the farmer planting seed. When anyone hears news of the kingdom and doesn’t take it in, it just remains on the surface, and so the Evil One comes along and plucks it right out of that person’s heart. This is the seed the farmer scatters on the road.

20-21 “The seed cast in the gravel—this is the person who hears and instantly responds with enthusiasm. But there is no soil of character, and so when the emotions wear off and some difficulty arrives, there is nothing to show for it.

22 “The seed cast in the weeds is the person who hears the kingdom news, but weeds of worry and illusions about getting more and wanting everything under the sun strangle what was heard, and nothing comes of it.

23 “The seed cast on good earth is the person who hears and takes in the News, and then produces a harvest beyond his wildest dreams.”

its not the typical translation king james its a translation call the message that tries to put it in modern terms but some people dont see it as accurate tho i usually read both versions

Here is the Normal Version

3 He told many stories in the form of parables, such as this one:

“Listen! A farmer went out to plant some seeds. 4 As he scattered them across his field, some seeds fell on a footpath, and the birds came and ate them. 5 Other seeds fell on shallow soil with underlying rock. The seeds sprouted quickly because the soil was shallow. 6 But the plants soon wilted under the hot sun, and since they didn’t have deep roots, they died. 7 Other seeds fell among thorns that grew up and choked out the tender plants. 8 Still other seeds fell on fertile soil, and they produced a crop that was thirty, sixty, and even a hundred times as much as had been planted! 9 Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand.”

10 His disciples came and asked him, “Why do you use parables when you talk to the people?”

11 He replied, “You are permitted to understand the secrets[a] of the Kingdom of Heaven, but others are not. 12 To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given, and they will have an abundance of knowledge. But for those who are not listening, even what little understanding they have will be taken away from them. 13 That is why I use these parables,

For they look, but they don’t really see.

They hear, but they don’t really listen or understand.

14 This fulfills the prophecy of Isaiah that says,

‘When you hear what I say,
you will not understand.
When you see what I do,
you will not comprehend.
15 For the hearts of these people are hardened,
and their ears cannot hear,
and they have closed their eyes—
so their eyes cannot see,
and their ears cannot hear,
and their hearts cannot understand,
and they cannot turn to me
and let me heal them.’[b]

16 “But blessed are your eyes, because they see; and your ears, because they hear. 17 I tell you the truth, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see, but they didn’t see it. And they longed to hear what you hear, but they didn’t hear it.

18 “Now listen to the explanation of the parable about the farmer planting seeds: 19 The seed that fell on the footpath represents those who hear the message about the Kingdom and don’t understand it. Then the evil one comes and snatches away the seed that was planted in their hearts. 20 The seed on the rocky soil represents those who hear the message and immediately receive it with joy. 21 But since they don’t have deep roots, they don’t last long. They fall away as soon as they have problems or are persecuted for believing God’s word. 22 The seed that fell among the thorns represents those who hear God’s word, but all too quickly the message is crowded out by the worries of this life and the lure of wealth, so no fruit is produced. 23 The seed that fell on good soil represents those who truly hear and understand God’s word and produce a harvest of thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times as much as had been planted!”

yawn

You forget--every single person here used to be a Christian. We've seen this all before.

• Like 1

Somebody somewhere came up with a lame parable and that did it? C'mon. Fire and brimstone vs. gold streets (lousy paving material) had to figure in somewhere.

i used to have an atheist friend that translates everything i say typos grammer and all but he is on facebook maybe i should get him to come here lol

thanks moanareina for the kind words and i think i see what you mean. Im open to learn.

and yea its natural to feel i may seek attention, many people do that, but for me when i did that in high school in the end people always end up letting me down, human love is based on condition and not unconditonal, so if i seek attention it will always be elt down eventually even with the ones that we love becasue humanity isnt perfect. Attention seeking is usualy for teenagers in highs chool getting to know who they are, who need attention to find worth. I find my worth in God so attention seeking never comes from humans. I valude my friends and family but they do not give me my worth because everyone has been let down in one way or another. But agains thansk for all you said

Orbit i love it here becasue i learn how to communicate effectivly my typo errors decrese once a week

Seeking attention might appear more obviously with teenagers but it is not exclusive to them. If you don't take care of your own inner needs your subconscious finds ways to trick you into seeking attention without you being aware of it. It can mask it as loving and caring. The world is full of people seeking attention.

To me it sounds that you have been disappointed with people a lot. I think that happens when you put false expectations on others and I say this because I know what I am talking about, have been there many times. When you expect things that no one can provide for a longer period of time it is all set up for a let down. Humans are humans and humans have their ups and downs. No one should ever seek from other people to give them worth. Actually that is co-dependent behavior and very unhealthy. Can God provide worth? You know, I have seen so many inferior people in Church claiming that their God gave them worth. Always wondered why that is if God was the one who valued us so much. I once had been one of them too. Only when I got out of that mess and decided to stop trusting in supernatural entities outside of me and start trusting in myself only that changed. Dramatically. I could feel how much more secure I became just because I took that little decision that seemed so insignificant at first. It worked immediately. This is why I think the only one who can give you value and worth is you. And your inner self will be happy if you do so because it is all it has ever wanted. To be recognized by you, accepted and embraced with all its flaws and mistakes. When you stop running away from yourself by trying to attribute parts of your personality to a God you start to become whole. It is an awesome experience. And I remember it being one of the first things where I have felt so betrayed by Christianity because I whole heartedly believed that worth came from God...and now I had to realize that worth came from myself.

Also if you care about spelling...there are plug ins that mark the words with a red line when they are not correct spelled. You should try it out. It helps a lot. I am very clumsy and when I had my typing classes looooong time ago I was failing miserably. But I improved a lot just by writing on forums or e-mails etc. and using the help of plug ins. If your spelling is better you appear more sophisticated. And just know, I am not native in English (learnt my English in a four month students exchange)...so when I spell a word incorrect and I give it some tries and there is still that stupid red line underneath...I go to an online dictionary to look up the correct spelling...and if I can do this, being clumsy and not native in English I believe you can do so too.

i feel sorry for people that use insults insteach of sharing and teaching. Buts its embarassing to themself not me.

Says the guy waving bible verses and giving his xian testimony on a site for ex christians.  Should those in an AA meeting tenderly welcome the Budweiser rep who comes to their meetings and gives a sales presentation?  Should they be embarrassed if they don't give him the warm fuzzies he's looking for? 

• Like 2

its not the typical translation king james its a translation call the message that tries to put it in modern terms but some people dont see it as accurate tho i usually read both versions

Heard that story in many translations and interpretations. On many different topics. I think the last time I heard it was in correlation with deliverance prayer. I took a class to do this myself and the guy giving this class used it to make clear that we where not supposed to go around and advertise deliverance prayer. That God was the one who threw out the seeds and some fell on fertile ground while others did not...etc.

Don't see what there might be powerful about it. It is a story. An analogy. How should this story convince anyone to believe in God? And what actually is powerful about it?

This was one of the powerful Stories jesus Told that contributed to my Conversion i was wondering what you guys thought of it

i think you need a good fuck,,,, and jesus too, if he actually existed

disillusioned thanks for sharing and i wish i had your grammer and writing skills, then maybe the book im writing would have more success hopefully they pay attention more to the concept rather than my grammar. but i cant imagine a book being released nationally with 1,000 grammatical errors, perhaps they could leave it in there for comic relief

I am a professional writer and editor and a darn fine proofreader. In fact, some times I take on freelance proofreading jobs. If you're interested, I could proofread your work and correct typos and grammar (and I swear I wouldn't change the meaning of anything you write). Reasonable rates. PM me if you are interested.

• Like 1

What exactly about this story did you find convincing?