Goodbye Jesus

Outreach Ideas For Christians

directionless

• Super Moderator

But nice idea direction, many christian do cast Atheists as angry people with uncontrollable bowels in the mouth, i used to be Atheist i know it isnt true lol, but the problem is when Atheist get disrespected by a christian, instead of showing respect back to show them love, they lash out with more doo doo from the mouth. When a christian is a jerk a pain or annoying, instead of the Atheist showing love and being patient back they again feel they are warrented to treat them like the scum of a boot.

The problem is.......Atheist need to show love and respect even when being disrepected or not loved, or being used, deceieved manipulated, hated on etc they need to show love under ALLL circumstances.. That would be the ultimate test

What we've seen over the past few days is that our resident christians are much more angry than we are.  I'm not saying it's true of all christians, but it's certainly true of the ones we currently have.

• Like 2

christian or athiest can be angry mad sad hurt etc thats is a non issue..

The issue is if someone spouts out at the mouth as says christians are hateful angry and lack love, and then....They themself exhibit the same behavior that is hyporcital. Christian or not. Atheist or not. Anyone making a statement about what they hate or dont like and then proceed to do the same thing they get mad at others for doing is the biggest hypocrite of the galaxy and the all the multi galaxies.

my mistake would you take a criminal into your house? Christians do it im sure you can out love them right?

my mistake would you take a criminal into your house? Christians do it im sure you can out love them right?

What the fuck?

What the fuck?

That's right M.  If you're as good a guy as AA, you'd let a serial killer sleep in your spare bedroom next to your kids and because you gots a really big heart, you wouldn't even lock their door, cause that's just the kind of guy you are. 

you say argument fail without explanation

christians do what?

out love christians!

you expect exC here to kiss your fucking ass while you fart?

• Like 1

Vigile so if christians take risks and you dont what does that mean?

prat you dont have to kiss anything other than your own reason and logic which fails if you say christians dont love and then dont show it yourself. do you like to make yourself look bad?

huh? there are all kinds of athiests and all kinds of christians, and you idiotically lumped or classify them as angry athiests and loving christians,,,,

so for that, fuck u in the most loving way i can,,,,,

• Like 2

But nice idea direction, many christian do cast Atheists as angry people with uncontrollable bowels in the mouth, i used to be Atheist i know it isnt true lol, but the problem is when Atheist get disrespected by a christian, instead of showing respect back to show them love, they lash out with more doo doo from the mouth. When a christian is a jerk a pain or annoying, instead of the Atheist showing love and being patient back they again feel they are warrented to treat them like the scum of a boot.

The problem is.......Atheist need to show love and respect even when being disrepected or not loved, or being used, deceieved manipulated, hated on etc they need to show love under ALLL circumstances.. That would be the ultimate test

What we've seen over the past few days is that our resident christians are much more angry than we are.  I'm not saying it's true of all christians, but it's certainly true of the ones we currently have.

I don't dislike any of you. I wish everyone as good a life as possible. I expect there are sufficient scars where discussion re-opens wounds. It's not easy to listen or hear the other side often.

And I think there are a number on both sides that are just not open to hearing. Not a revelation.

I think the Coliseum is probably the best answer to this idea. At least some civility is demanded there.

Vigile so if christians take risks and you dont what does that mean?

Uh, that you're foolish? 

I bet you support our troops though and believe they are heros fighting for our freedom.  You want to play the morality game and unless you're a-typical, you're going to get your ass kicked.

perhaps you didnt read or my grammer is so terrible you misrepresent me for that i apologize lol.

again this isnt a battle of who is more loving or who does the most good deeds, both atheist and christian can be good that is a no brainer

the issue is if someone states something they dislike that people do, and then they go ahead and do it themself and wear speal pleading glasses

"the issue is if someone states something they dislike that people do, and then they go ahead and do it themself and wear speal pleading glasses"

But first they have to state they dislike something they are condemning in others.

I personally don't condemn anger and lack of civility.  Sometimes it just makes sense.  But I'm not measured by the fruits of the spirit.  If you claim the later and don't perform, it's only you that is committing hypocrisy. 

you say argument fail without explanation

Some of the things you write are so bad that people can't even tell what you intended.  Where to begin?  Look I have trouble spelling so I can relate.  There is no way I can remember the millions of exceptions the English spelling rules.  But make an effort to communicate.

Blue:  atheists (not capitalized) are under no obligation to love people who are disrespecting them

Orange:  When a Christian is being a jerk it is hypocrisy because Christians claim to represent the Light of the World.

Green:  When a Christian feels that way they are in rebellion against the Bible.

Plumb:  This is the fallacy of assertion.   We don't need to do any such thing.

I don't dislike any of you. I wish everyone as good a life as possible. I expect there are sufficient scars where discussion re-opens wounds. It's not easy to listen or hear the other side often.

And I think there are a number on both sides that are just not open to hearing. Not a revelation.

I think the Coliseum is probably the best answer to this idea. At least some civility is demanded there.

Yeah it really hurts Christians when we remind them that their religion is based on nothing but faith.  We are open to hearing evidence.  We are not open to accepting Christianity on faith alone.  Christians who preach here know that we are not interested but choose to preach anyway.  That is just plain rude.  Usually we give them many civil warnings.  When they do not listen (and few of them ever do) we get a bit more rude as time goes on.

Is it really too much to ask that Christians respect us?

• Like 1

Yeah it really hurts Christians when we remind them that their religion is based on nothing but faith.  We are open to hearing evidence.  We are not open to accepting Christianity on faith alone.  Christians who preach here know that we are not interested but choose to preach anyway.  That is just plain rude.  Usually we give them many civil warnings.  When they do not listen (and few of them ever do) we get a bit more rude as time goes on.

Look at the tone you just posted. First thing is we remind them they are wrong. Why not say, it makes me feel more comfortable when I use science do derive my belief. Followed by, "we are not open". Followed by "we are not interested in preaching". Followed by "you are rude". Must I finish?

Were you once not in the place of fundamentalism? Can you not extend your understanding to these people? Do you think they really KNOW that they are preaching? ..or is it just their reality.

Hell MM, if you can't see what you're doing at this point...

Look at the tone you just posted. First thing is we remind them they are wrong. Why not say, it makes me feel more comfortable when I use science do derive my belief. Followed by, "we are not open". Followed by "we are not interested in preaching". Followed by "you are rude". Must I finish?

Were you once not in the place of fundamentalism? Can you not extend your understanding to these people? Do you think they really KNOW that they are preaching? ..or is it just their reality.

Because Christianity is FUCKING wrong.  Not just a little bit wrong.  Convoluted wrong so bad that they only way it can survive is by brainwashing it's followers.  That is why when Christians come to preach in a place where we don't want to hear them preach I remind them that Christianity is wrong.  I'm not blind to it.  I know that I am telling them Christianity is wrong.

Of course I know what it is like to be a fundamentalist.  I wasted most of my life on that.  I didn't make them come to an ex -Christian website.  That was their choice.  I didn't make them preach here.  If they don't want to be reminded that Christianity is fucked up beyond recognition then they can go somewhere else.

You have no reason to demand that I walk on eggshells while I have to endure all these preachers.  I did not visit their church.

The follower who best resembles the god of the entire bible coming on and telling ex-c's how to behave?  That's rich.  

Because Christianity is FUCKING wrong.  Not just a little bit wrong.  Convoluted wrong so bad that they only way it can survive is by brainwashing it's followers.  That is why when Christians come to preach in a place where we don't want to hear them preach I remind them that Christianity is wrong.  I'm not blind to it.  I know that I am telling them Christianity is wrong.

Of course I know what it is like to be a fundamentalist.  I wasted most of my life on that.  I didn't make them come to an ex -Christian website.  That was their choice.  I didn't make them preach here.  If they don't want to be reminded that Christianity is fucked up beyond recognition then they can go somewhere else.

You have no reason to demand that I walk on eggshells while I have to endure all these preachers.  I did not visit their church.

I rest my case. That's why I said it ultimately comes down to GRACE

Your case fails.  Sorry but the whole interwebs does not have to bow down and accept Christ.

Why do I owe you grace?  Why do I owe IH grace?  Is it because you do not give me grace?  Is it because you won't respect my wishes?  Is it because Christians demand that I follow their religion?  Is it because Christians claim to have the truth when they can't demonstrate, support, or verify any of their claims?

And DL, the christians should get their 40k+ denominations consolidated first.  Get their house in order first before preaching to others.  If there ever came a time when there's only 1 single solitary christian religion, I might be more inclined to show them more respect.  As it is now, they're just throwing word salads out.  

Your case fails.  Sorry but the whole interwebs does not have to bow down and accept Christ.

Why do I owe you grace?  Why do I owe IH grace?  Is it because you do not give me grace?  Is it because you won't respect my wishes?  Is it because Christians demand that I follow their religion?  Is it because Christians claim to have the truth when they can't demonstrate, support, or verify any of their claims?

Grace is just another word for allowance. If we are both wrong, which I gather we are, then what other choice do we have if we wish to get along? I just apply terms like grace and sacrifice and unselfishness as words to describe a relationship. I am sure there are many other non-Christian words that would convey the same meaning. But ultimately, if we wish to coexist somewhat near to each other....

So no, it doesn't fail, it's just different language.

Grace is just another word for allowance. If we are both wrong, which I gather we are, then what other choice do we have if we wish to get along? I just apply terms like grace and sacrifice and unselfishness as words to describe a relationship. I am sure there are many other non-Christian words that would convey the same meaning. But ultimately, if we wish to coexist somewhat near to each other....

So no, it doesn't fail, it's just different language.

Yes it fails.  The fact that you cannot back up your ideas does not make us equally wrong.

I am perfectly happy to agree to disagree.  However agreeing to disagree does not mean Christians get to come here preaching and I have to remain silent.  Agreeing to disagree is how I get along with thousands of Christians who surround me in the real world.  They don't shove their religion down my throat (much) and I don't create a disturbance at their church.  Get it?  I live the very thing you are trying to describe.  You fail at it here.  I succeed at it in the real world.

• Like 1

Margee has some questions for you about grace, End.

Here... http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/64367-the-second-coming-of-wololo/page-3#.VAY_yfldVzM

Please don't disappoint her.