Goodbye Jesus

Why Are Some Men Deranged. I Would Prefer A World With Women In Charge

Castiel233

Why is everybody getting their parties in a bunch about this thread anyway? Men are on average FAR more aggressive and violent than women- violent crimes are overwhelmingly perpetrated by men. It's an inescapable fact- and I see no reason to believe that such tendencies wouldn't bleed over into all kinds of other behaviors that aren't necessarily criminal or directly violent.

Maybe the OP wasn't as circumspect as some would prefer... but it's a valid question. And while I personally think physiology explains a lot of it- culture definitely plays a role. Men aren't as violent as us Americans in a lot of countries. And they're far more violent in lots of countries.

The issue wasn't the claims of violence.  That's clearly backed up by evidence.  The issue was he chose to focus on the worst possible experiences he's had with men and then make sweeping judgements about an entire gender.  His use of the word some was cancelled out by the title of the thread. 

Prejudice is something that always pisses me off.  That's who I am as it strikes against my core values. 

• Like 1

I seem to have upset some of the more sensitive types.........

I stand by the OP, particularly my remarks about men in the workplace. Female co-workers have rarely caused me any problems 

Maybe they confuse you for one of them? 

I stand by the OP, particularly my remarks about men in the workplace. Female co-workers have rarely caused me any problems

Lucky you. Female coworkers cause most of my problems.

• Like 1

Sexist nonsense, plain and simple. There are deranged men and there are deranged women. It is wrong to generalize either gender.

Is using the word "some" a generalization?

Some apples are red.  Does this generalize apples?

Some women have children.  Does this generalize a gender?"

Hiding behind "some" eh? How original.

for the OP the answer is testosterone.  Testosterone explains why there is an increase in certain behaviors.

Both men and women have testosterone.

I'll use an analogy for what you said... The Nazis believed that they Aryans were the superior race, and pointed out what wrong the Jewish people have done. So, are you basically stating that the Nazis are right? Judging an entire gender based on things you've seen is entirely moronic.

Why is everybody getting their parties in a bunch about this thread anyway? Men are on average FAR more aggressive and violent than women- violent crimes are overwhelmingly perpetrated by men. It's an inescapable fact- and I see no reason to believe that such tendencies wouldn't bleed over into all kinds of other behaviors that aren't necessarily criminal or directly violent.

Maybe the OP wasn't as circumspect as some would prefer... but it's a valid question. And while I personally think physiology explains a lot of it- culture definitely plays a role. Men aren't as violent as us Americans in a lot of countries. And they're far more violent in lots of countries.

The issue wasn't the claims of violence.  That's clearly backed up by evidence.  The issue was he chose to focus on the worst possible experiences he's had with men and then make sweeping judgements about an entire gender.  His use of the word some was cancelled out by the title of the thread. 

Prejudice is something that always pisses me off.  That's who I am as it strikes against my core values.

I guess prejudice and generalizations have never been a huge problem for me. To me, it's just how the human mind works. Now granted if said prejudices are wrong and especially if they're hurting people, I'm all for challenging them.

But we all make generalizations all day every day. We LIVE by them. So personally I can't really work up much indignation unless said generalization is both untrue and harmful. And even then I think most people are pretty selective about which ones they get indignant over.

Wabbit Twale numbah 2908.8b

kL

• Like 1

Sexist nonsense, plain and simple. There are deranged men and there are deranged women. It is wrong to generalize either gender.

Is using the word "some" a generalization?

Some apples are red.  Does this generalize apples?

Some women have children.  Does this generalize a gender?"

Hiding behind "some" eh? How original.

Not hiding.  I was asking you serious questions.  Are we not allowed to talk about trends in gender within the human species?

Both men and women have testosterone. 

Yes but the trend is not in the same amounts.  The different levels lead to very different behavior.

I'll use an analogy for what you said... The Nazis believed that they Aryans were the superior race, and pointed out what wrong the Jewish people have done. So, are you basically stating that the Nazis are right? Judging an entire gender based on things you've seen is entirely moronic.

Some people think using the word "some" is a generalization of an entire gender.  

Oh wait, did I just generalize people?

• Like 1

I think we all should stop the game of who is better than the other...

I always hated when people said women where better men. And it bothered me as well when people said that where there are a bunch of women there will be backstabbing and other intrigues going on. I have seen it happen, with women and men. And mainly in jobs with a lot of uneducated people. With people who watch soaps and talk shows...

I am just not interested in this kind of folks anymore. Usually they are pretty low leveled and intellectually undemanding and that bores me. When they start with their gossiping or sexist jokes or whatever I know where they stand and I know they will never be my kind of people. I can only respect myself and others. I can't make others respect me. And so I respect those who respect me. And I try to ignore the rest in a respectful way...

• Like 4

Ohhh an insult from a complete stranger on the internet! my world is shattered. You must be quite the hero in the real world

I think we all should stop the game of who is better than the other...

This. All over the place.

There are differences between the genders. Some undeniable, some more of an "on average" kind.

There are those who say "(wo)men say/do/are" as if these people would be all the same. They are wrong. There are even those who say "(generalization) and thus (wo)men are wrong/evil/inferior/whathaveyou". "Wrong" is too weak a word to describe the validity of their statements.

And as final irony, there are those who say "(wo)men think (wo)men [the respective opposite gender] are all the same and thus they are wrong"... without even realizing that their own statements are the very same generalization. I'm never really sure whether I should laugh or puke when I stumble over such statements.

Humans are fucked up just by "virtue" of being humans. *humor* if there's sentient spacefaring life out there we definitely need not worry about them invading us EVVAH. They'll watch us for a while from orbit and conclude that we're just too batshit insane to be worth the effort and then leave, never to come back :P

I guess prejudice and generalizations have never been a huge problem for me. To me, it's just how the human mind works. Now granted if said prejudices are wrong and especially if they're hurting people, I'm all for challenging them.

But we all make generalizations all day every day. We LIVE by them. So personally I can't really work up much indignation unless said generalization is both untrue and harmful. And even then I think most people are pretty selective about which ones they get indignant over.

It is harmful.  Look at what countries like Sweden are doing.  You practically need to sign a written contract before engaging in sex over there for fear of being charged with rape.  And now just being a man (as in behaving like one) is something we have to apologize for.  'Good' seems to equate to acting more feminine than masculine. 

Ohhh an insult from a complete stranger on the internet! my world is shattered. You must be quite the hero in the real world

Came here to make friends, I see. 

I'm feeling what you wrote, Castiel.  It's not sexist if it's true.  And yes I certainly agree that there are deranged people of all genders.  I know there are good men out there.  But men seem to be more sexually aggressive and more wanting to dominate and subjugate women.  I know my a-mum, bless her heart, has been involved in her church for many years and the men have come down hard on her for wanting to be a teacher.  She is not allowed to teach or lead men in the church.  She is "just a woman." 

I have had more than my fair share of instances in my life in which men made me extremely uncomfortable and fearful to be around them.  I had a young man follow me down the street once in a sexually inappropriate way that made me feel a coupe minutes of terror.  I have had so many instances of being "dominated" by men that one time at the gas station a man just simply came too close to me and I flipped out.  He was innocently trying to reach the gas pump but I thought he was reaching for me.  I guess my main issue with men is when they are being sexually aggressive and trying to make a woman to be subjugated to them. 

I have no problem with men who respect women. 

It is harmful.  Look at what countries like Sweden are doing.  You practically need to sign a written contract before engaging in sex over there for fear of being charged with rape.  And now just being a man (as in behaving like one) is something we have to apologize for.  'Good' seems to equate to acting more feminine than masculine. 

Sweden? Seriously? Never heard of that. Just recently read an article that a US state is planning such thing...

Men and women are shitty in their own ways. I can't blame women for thinking all they ever do is think with their dicks because that's how so many of them act. I find men to be embarrassing really. So many of them get so giddy if a girl is wearing a low cut top, or bends over to grab something or does anything somewhat revealing. They act like children. Then there's the whole macho bullshit having to compete with and show everyone I'm the alpha male crap. It's one of the reasons I like working in IT, there's less men like that, but they still tend to be very argumentative and having the "I'm always right" mindset. This is why in my experience at least, women make far superior managers - even the real shitty ones are better than their male counterparts.

Women on the other hand tend to stab everyone in the back and tend to be more spiteful and more likely to take revenge then men. When I was in high school my worst bullies were females. The guys would give up if you didn't react but the girls wouldn't stop and would keep upping up the ante till you finally exploded, and then you were the asshole. Long story short, both sexes suck in their own ways.

• Like 5

People do a lot of cool shit too; both men and women.  There seems to be a lot of misanthropic attitudes around here, which can be justified if you choose to simply focus on all the bad and ignore the good.  IMO, it's not healthy. 

• Like 2

I'm a misanthropist, I try hard not to be but I keep on getting ammunition :)

I'm a misanthropist, I try hard not to be but I keep on getting ammunition smile.png

I get it, there's a lot of ammo out there.  And, I think we humans tend to put more emphasis on the bad while forgetting about the good that's all around us.  I have to keep myself in check too; especially when I'm having a bad day. 

• Like 3

Castiel, I see your point, but women running everything? I'd have to give it more thought. Here's a bit of ammunition for your argument though. A friend and I were both at home on the phone and also online. We went to craigslist 'services erotic' and browsed. We went through men seeking women, women seeking men, then went to women seeking women and only read ads that had pics. All of the women seeking women ads were tasteful such as a picture of a lady playing cards and smiling or a lady washing dishes. The ads went basically like this for all of the woman seeking woman ads, "let's get together for an evening of movies and restaurants, if we hit it off, possibly an intimate evening". Then we dared to go to 'men seeking men', ALL of the ads were the same, a picture of a guy, naked, showing from waist to knees, sometimes holding themselves, asking "is this what you want?" or "I've got a big load for you". I guess men do tend to be a bit crude in this aspect at least.

• Like 2

Castiel, I see your point, but women running everything? I'd have to give it more thought. 

There is a society where inheriting property goes through the female line and it has had some interesting ramifications on their society organization.  Just food for thought.

• Like 1

I'm feeling what you wrote, Castiel.  It's not sexist if it's true.  And yes I certainly agree that there are deranged people of all genders.  I know there are good men out there.  But men seem to be more sexually aggressive and more wanting to dominate and subjugate women.  I know my a-mum, bless her heart, has been involved in her church for many years and the men have come down hard on her for wanting to be a teacher.  She is not allowed to teach or lead men in the church.  She is "just a woman." 

I have had more than my fair share of instances in my life in which men made me extremely uncomfortable and fearful to be around them.  I had a young man follow me down the street once in a sexually inappropriate way that made me feel a couple minutes of terror.  I have had so many instances of being "dominated" by men that one time at the gas station a man just simply came too close to me and I flipped out.  He was innocently trying to reach the gas pump but I thought he was reaching for me.  I guess my main issue with men is when they are being sexually aggressive and trying to make a woman to be subjugated to them. 

I have no problem with men who respect women. 

Thanks rach for your supportive words and getting the gist at what I wrote