Goodbye Jesus

Why Are Some Men Deranged. I Would Prefer A World With Women In Charge

Castiel233

I work in nursing.Bulk of the workforce is female and most of the managers.There is so much bullying and the behavior of the managers has been universally the most immature and vindictive I have ever witnessed in the workplace.I left my masters program as it was mostly female and they were just utter bitches.Nursing is known as a bitchy profession but count me out from the OPs conclusions.

As a christian i often found men had an incredibly naive attitude that women were somehow wiser or less sinful and defiantly usually the not guilty party in any marital breakdown including my own...having spent 25 odd years in the workplace and the world as an adult i find their views incredible.As a deconverted man i see the truth unmistakably; I don't think that all women are dicks any more than I think all men are dicks,there is really nothing different between the two genders,both equally corrupt and prone to being nasty bastards.One is most defiantly not better than the other,it just depends on the person.

• Like 7

I work in nursing.Bulk of the workforce is female and most of the managers.There is so much bullying and the behavior of the managers has been universally the most immature and vindictive I have ever witnessed in the workplace.I left my masters program as it was mostly female and they were just utter bitches.Nursing is known as a bitchy profession but count me out from the OPs conclusions.

As a christian i often found men had an incredibly naive attitude that women were somehow wiser or less sinful and defiantly usually the not guilty party in any marital breakdown including my own...having spent 25 odd years in the workplace and the world as an adult i find their views incredible.As a deconverted man i see the truth unmistakably; I don't think that all women are dicks any more than I think all men are dicks,there is really nothing different between the two genders,both equally corrupt and prone to being nasty bastards.One is most defiantly not better than the other,it just depends on the person.

My dad has observed this behavior too.  He used to be an engineer (i.e. male-dominated profession).  When he decided to go into healthcare informatics, for some reason he had to actually become a nurse practitioner and see patients.  Often when I go visit my parents' house he'll often come home from the hospital with these stories.

While I don't support any unequal public policy, I have observed that not all gender-based stereotypes are without merit.  As you say, you'll find dicks among both men and women, and neither gender is "better."  But the sort of dickish behavior you see has a different flavor in male and female dominated environments.

Really I have no problem, per se, with female power.  One of the professors in my research group was a woman, and when my advisor decided to start gunning for administrative roles in our collaboration she became my de facto thesis advisor for a couple years of my doctoral work.  Different sex, same ass-kicking.  But I would not say they would do any better (or worse) than men when placed in roles of authority.  In a hypothetical world where women are exclusively in power, I imagine they'll quickly reinvent all of the same mistakes as men.

Years ago someone from our parish went into a convent.  Another friend of mine, also a woman, told me that Sr. Charlotte was having a hard time because the senior nuns "would beat the shit out of her." Literally.  They used corporal punishment. Eventually, Charlotte left.

On the other hand, having been a high school principle in a co-ed school and later in a girls' school, I'd say the power plays were carried out by both sexes, but I know of only one physical fight between girls.  I think violence is much more male-driven.

• Like 1

Whether you ascribe it to nature or nurture, judging from my experience women use more mental/social violence (mobbing, libeling et cetera). Ironically, this may be the worse kind of violence - after a physical assault at least there's undeniable evidence, but try to find out who has spread evil rumors about you after you've found out - typically weeks later. :vent:

Whether the total amount of violence significantly differs in any way between the genders, I can't tell though.

• Like 1

Whether you ascribe it to nature or nurture, judging from my experience women use more mental/social violence (mobbing, libeling et cetera). Ironically, this may be the worse kind of violence - after a physical assault at least there's undeniable evidence, but try to find out who has spread evil rumors about you after you've found out - typically weeks later. :vent:

Whether the total amount of violence significantly differs in any way between the genders, I can't tell though.

I have one friend who was the victim of a false accusation of rape, and another of battery (in the latter case I was with them when the assault was alleged to have occurred so the accuser wasn't smart about this). These acts of slander left marks far worse than a punch in the face, and both these individuals took quite awhile to clear their name.

Again we're talking generalities. There are men who slander and women who commit assault. But I have a sneaking suspicion that the data would show gender-based trends. While I believe that no gender is superior, the above two anecdotes are counterexamples to the claim that the world is better off with female dominated power structures.

I think the reason why men are more violent while women be more into intrigues is based on the fact that man have more physical power than women. When you know you won't win a fight anyways, what's the point. It is kind of like me in my apprenticeship having to restock the shelf that was appointed to me. I was not really fast in doing those tasks but it was expected of me to have it done in a certain time. While I knew if I just took a bunch of this and that and went and filled it in and got back to the basemen to get more stuff...as all the others did...I would never have been done in the time required. So I had to do it in a different way. I had to put in more thought then others. I had to make a list about all the things I had to get from downstairs, then go there, put everything in a box, mark the stuff I had to order on that list and go back stock my shelf and then put all that needed to be ordered on the ordering list. So if you want to be violent as a woman, you need to find other ways than to just hit and beat. You need to put some more thought to it. And so it is more efficient to spin intrigues then just hit and beat. And you don't even hurt anyone physically. Now it is violent as much as physical violence. Both come from evil minded beings who turned that way for whatever reasons.

The funny thing is even Cain killed Abel

Made up stories that fit the stereotypes to promote stereotypes to control people...

• Like 1

I think the reason why men are more violent while women be more into intrigues is based on the fact that man have more physical power than women. When you know you won't win a fight anyways, what's the point. It is kind of like me in my apprenticeship having to restock the shelf that was appointed to me. I was not really fast in doing those tasks but it was expected of me to have it done in a certain time. While I knew if I just took a bunch of this and that and went and filled it in and got back to the basemen to get more stuff...as all the others did...I would never have been done in the time required. So I had to do it in a different way. I had to put in more thought then others. I had to make a list about all the things I had to get from downstairs, then go there, put everything in a box, mark the stuff I had to order on that list and go back stock my shelf and then put all that needed to be ordered on the ordering list. So if you want to be violent as a woman, you need to find other ways than to just hit and beat. You need to put some more thought to it. And so it is more efficient to spin intrigues then just hit and beat. And you don't even hurt anyone physically. Now it is violent as much as physical violence. Both come from evil minded beings who turned that way for whatever reasons.

What defines "evil"? people all have their own views. Does that make yours right over theirs? Does it make them right? I think there are acts that are unethical and what not that should not be committed against other human beings but the word evil has such a religious connotation to it. I wish we had another word to use.

• Like 1

What defines "evil"? people all have their own views. Does that make yours right over theirs? Does it make them right? I think there are acts that are unethical and what not that should not be committed against other human beings but the word evil has such a religious connotation to it. I wish we had another word to use.

OMG, do we have to fight over semantics now?

Evil in the context or my post: Beating someone. Spinning intrigues. Doing things that damage others physically or emotionally. Being violent.

Or do you want to discuss what violence is now because violence is such a sociologically defined term...

• Like 1

Evil in the context or my post: Beating someone. Spinning intrigues. Doing things that damage others physically or emotionally. Being violent.

Or do you want to discuss what violence is now because violence is such a sociologically defined term...

I don't consider intrigue evil so i guess it isn't that semantic. Violence is something we are all surrounded by? I have never been violent but many violent acts keep you safe in our country. Many die to do it on both sides, is that evil? Are our men and women soldiers evil, because many of them commit truly violent acts. You can argue that it was during war but then again they volunteered to go fight in it.

Believe me it is not semantical and is the very thing that creates divides the size of canyons between various peoples on earth. The definitions change based on the group and that is far more important that it seems on the surface. How we define those two terms means everything.

I have never been violent but many violent acts keep you safe in our country.

Uh, no, that's just a widely accepted myth.  The last time you were truly threatened by foreigners was Pearl Harbor.

Many die to do it on both sides, is that evil?

Yes.

Are our men and women soldiers evil

More naive than evil. 

• Like 1

I have never been violent but many violent acts keep you safe in our country.

Uh, no, that's just a widely accepted myth.  The last time you were truly threatened by foreigners was Pearl Harbor.

Except I was not even alive... So why are we fighting so many foreign wars if not to in some indirect way keep up safe? If that is not the case I would prefer my relatives and yours not die in some other part of the world even by choice.

Many die to do it on both sides, is that evil?

Yes.

The all war is evil and all men are as well and I don't think most people would buy into that other than crazy christians. I believe it is unethical but I can't say I agree with it being "evil".

Are our men and women soldiers evil

More naive than evil. 

I would be careful where you say that at. I tend to agree with your assesment but evil is not the way I would describe 90% of soldiers I know. Mislead sure but not even close to evil. Maybe that is why PTSD is such an issue with so many because they are asked to do things their mind can't deal with in the first place. I would say that is not the response of an evil person, and no I am not saying that those that have no issue with it are evil.

plenty people die in our own country over violence they commit and that of our police forces that go to far to often it seems? Are they all evil to?

Having belief in good and evil requires that you defend those beliefs and fight for them if someone tries to change your mind.

Ideas are where it is at. They don't as often ask you to die for them...

Except I was not even alive... So why are we fighting so many foreign wars if not to in some indirect way keep up safe? If that is not the case I would prefer my relatives and yours not die in some other part of the world even by choice.

Because there's huge amounts of money involved and our multi nationals are hungry for the world's resources.  It has zero to do with keeping you and your's safe.  Rather very much the opposite is true.  It makes the world a much more dangerous place. 

The all war is evil and all men are as well and I don't think most people would buy into that other than crazy christians. I believe it is unethical but I can't say I agree with it being "evil".

I can't think of a better definition of evil than killing people en masse over resources and power plays.

I would say that is not the response of an evil person, and no I am not saying that those that have no issue with it are evil.

That's why I said they are naive, not evil.  They bought the idea that they are heroes defending the homeland.  They bought into a myth. 

• Like 2

Because there's huge amounts of money involved and our multi nationals are hungry for the world's resources.  It has zero to do with keeping you and your's safe.  Rather very much the opposite is true.  It makes the world a much more dangerous place. 

I can't think of a better definition of evil than killing people en masse over resources and power plays.

I would say that is not the response of an evil person, and no I am not saying that those that have no issue with it are evil.

That's why I said they are naive, not evil.  They bought the idea that they are heroes defending the homeland.  They bought into a myth. 

That said what would happen without these so called heroes on earth right now? if we had a tiny or no military and no people to fight what would become of the USA? I didn't make the world the way it is but I can choose to define it for myself the way I want. We all get that right. I do not define good and evil the way most people do and I don't expect them to agree with me. I do expect them to accept the fact that I have a right to my opinion as they do to theirs.

Personally I think all the fighting and war is totally primitive at this point in our history but we just have as a group not grown up much. We have gotten smarter and more technological but rather than use that only for gain for all we fuck about like greedy braying donkeys. I would see us never fire a bullet or a missle again and solve problems with debate and argument in social and political settings not with child like views on territory and resources that keep us all fighting like predators over scraps. We may have some in born instinct to fight but we have proven time and time again that we have a choice. We just need to choose a different path again. Time will tell whether we truly have it in use to put all the violence down. Evil will only exist as long as other people breathe life into its definition. These are my views and you are welcome to rebutt them but remember it is like arguing I don't like the color red. It won't get you anywhere and I will still like red even if you think it is sending us all to hellz, or at least Jersey.

I don't consider intrigue evil so i guess it isn't that semantic. Violence is something we are all surrounded by? I have never been violent but many violent acts keep you safe in our country. Many die to do it on both sides, is that evil? Are our men and women soldiers evil, because many of them commit truly violent acts. You can argue that it was during war but then again they volunteered to go fight in it.

Believe me it is not semantical and is the very thing that creates divides the size of canyons between various peoples on earth. The definitions change based on the group and that is far more important that it seems on the surface. How we define those two terms means everything.

I am sorry gall but somehow to me it seems you just look for something to disagree and keep up a nonsensical discussion. Kinda reminds me to the guy I went to graphic design school with who for some reason decided to disagree with me in everything. So I would say something and he went: "No you can't look at it this way because blah blah.." and then rephrased what I just said thinking he had proven me wrong when he actually just made my point.

But if you want to go there...

So you have no bad feelings (oh, bad...another word we can start a fight on...gah...but I hope you get the point anyways) when someone spins intrigues that for example turn all your co-workers against you and finally you lose your job because of that even though you did your job right and you have been a decent person but those intrigues makes it look otherwise and you have no proof for you not being that monster they made of you? Or lets take the example someone else posted above of being falsely accused of sexual harassment. You think this is not evil or violent in any ways? People who make you do what they want to without you actually wanting to do that be it by force or by psychological techniques to me are violent. Because they violate my will and make me do things I don't want to. People who use the inability of anyone who is not able to defend himself physical or emotional are violent people. They violate the will of others. That does not mean that others let that happen in any case. But sometimes that just happens without you actually realizing it or you just feel incapable to do the necessary things that get you out of the situation.

Why is the choice simply between no military and a dominant empire? This is a false dichotomy.

In any case, this is a more worthy discussion than the battle of the sees, so at least the thread took a better turn.

Methinks that at least some of our folks here assume "a military, once it exists, no matter what its official mission is, will eventually grow (degenerate?) into a force doing (insert evil imperial job)".

I'd love to state with conviction that this is wrong. Alas, looking at our Bundeswehr, that is still officially (according to what our constitution unmistakably states) an army with the sole mission to defend German territory against outside threats but is now "evolving" fast into a force doing capitalism's will against capitalism's enemies... I can't do that. :vent:

I am sorry gall but somehow to me it seems you just look for something to disagree and keep up a nonsensical discussion. Kinda reminds me to the guy I went to graphic design school with who for some reason decided to disagree with me in everything. So I would say something and he went: "No you can't look at it this way because blah blah.." and then rephrased what I just said thinking he had proven me wrong when he actually just made my point.

So you have no bad feelings (oh, bad...another word we can start a fight on...gah...but I hope you get the point anyways) when someone spins intrigues that for example turn all your co-workers against you and finally you lose your job because of that even though you did your job right and you have been a decent person but those intrigues makes it look otherwise and you have no proof for you not being that monster they made of you? Or lets take the example someone else posted above of being falsely accused of sexual harassment. You think this is not evil or violent in any ways? People who make you do what they want to without you actually wanting to do that be it by force or by psychological techniques to me are violent. Because they violate my will and make me do things I don't want to. People who use the inability of anyone who is not able to defend himself physical or emotional are violent people. They violate the will of others. That does not mean that others let that happen in any case. But sometimes that just happens without you actually realizing it or you just feel incapable to do the necessary things that get you out of the situation.

you may see it like that but that isn't how it is in my mind. I respect that you have your own opinion but to discount mine simply to be right or that you don't like my argument is invalid.

These are not hard fast definitions and that is how it is. We all define these things how we want. I won't stop seeing it my way simply to appease others. We are islands and we bumb into one another sometimes and it isn't always a happy bump.

Personally I wish our entire society was scientists and philosophers. I wish war didn't exist, I wish men and women did not kill each other. I wish many things and I have never (none of us have) lived in a time without war. I hope one day in my lifetime to do that. I won't get my way and that is almost certain.

We love to fight and debate and compete, that is humans. We would not be here now if not for this drive. We have just taken it to far and need to step back and survey our world and make changes that are the way of human and not destruction. I argue because it is my nature to do so. I would rather use words all day and debate you all in this format than lift a finger a gun or a bomb to you.

I may not agree with all of this all the time but sometimes I do, and I will always vigorously defend the right you have to disagree with me or I myself cannot expect to be heard.

you may see it like that but that isn't how it is in my mind. I respect that you have your own opinion but to discount mine simply to be right or that you don't like my argument is invalid.

These are not hard fast definitions and that is how it is. We all define these things how we want. I won't stop seeing it my way simply to appease others. We are islands and we bumb into one another sometimes and it isn't always a happy bump.

Personally I wish our entire society was scientists and philosophers. I wish war didn't exist, I wish men and women did not kill each other. I wish many things and I have never (none of us have) lived in a time without war. I hope one day in my lifetime to do that. I won't get my way and that is almost certain.

We love to fight and debate and compete, that is humans. We would not be here now if not for this drive. We have just taken it to far and need to step back and survey our world and make changes that are the way of human and not destruction. I argue because it is my nature to do so. I would rather use words all day and debate you all in this format than lift a finger a gun or a bomb to you.

I may not agree with all of this all the time but sometimes I do, and I will always vigorously defend the right you have to disagree with me or I myself cannot expect to be heard.

The thing is, I don't really see a disagreement here...so it is not about me being right over you and disregarding your opinion. It looks more like you are taking a word I use and start making an argument about it. And if I have to rethink every single word before I use it and give an explanation to the words I use so no one feels offended or so I simply have no interest in communicating anymore.

I too think the topic of evil is worth a discussion and if you think so why not starting a new thread instead of taking something out of context and starting an argument about it. That's all. If my post was weirdly worded and therefore it was not really understandable what my point was, I am sorry, then ask me what I meant. Otherwise I might have to repeat that I am not native in english and once in a while I might use words inappropriate and also sometimes I might be more direct than others because that is my culture. If I use words incorrect, of course I am open for correction because I want to learn. In this case though it did not seem to me that it was meant that way.