Goodbye Jesus

End3 Has Some Unfinished Business With The Redneck Prof.

bornagainathiest

Even higher animals rarely kill their own species (infanticide aside, but that's another issue). Tigers don't go around killing other tigers just for the hell of it. In 'combat' for the right to mate male animals frequently ritualize the fight so no one gets fatally wounded.

Why would it be different for humans? It's not evolutionarily sound to murder one's own species when you are a social animal, much less genocide.

Golden rule, it works. There is some form of it in almost every human society, or there wouldn't be society.

It's not rocket science - it's common sense.

The point is, the Christian God is portrayed in absolutes. Within that, if He was here on Earth, then it makes since to me that an absolute would have to be maintained.....that is, no sin or atonement. He being present, there was immediate judgment to maintain that state. Our current state is the Golden Rule as you say, but that is not an absolute state of no sin or atonement. It's more of a voluntary/to the best of our ability state. Now, when Christ comes back per the story, then I would expect it to return to some absolute.

And as I said, as it makes sense in the "voluntary state" that God would say don't exact justice on my behalf as I am the judge and you are not.

There is no absolute…(and no evidence of it- at all, not even a hint) perfection does not exist in nature... anywhere… as far as we can see. Growth, change, decay, transformation, reaction… this is the state of the universe. That is reality. Perfection/absolutes supposes a static state, and christians are quick to say that nature itself testifies to a god - but nature is NOT static, in fact stasis would render the universe void. It could not exist, period. 

The universe (and everything in it, including us) could not have formed at all… in a static state - so the whole, 'it happened after the fall' thing is ridiculous.

The best you could hope for is a state of equilibrium - which is actually possible for short periods of time in chemistry and physics. But these are still dynamic… not static.

Of course 'god' is portrayed in absolutes - he was invented by men who, as is apparent, are terrified of a world where chaos is more the norm than anything. Where certainty is impossible - because… cause and effect, change, transformation, decay, etc… 'god' (absolute) is a security blanket against the terror of the unknown.

I am always shocked by people's desire for revenge - that is where this notion of 'justice' comes from, it isn't justice - it's vengeance. It's fucking sick. Addicted to punishment… an entire culture of sadomasochists. Crikey, no wonder religious people exhibit huge amounts of passive-agressiveness.

So, before you claim there is a state of absolute anything, you need to form a testable hypothesis that an absolute state is possible and then you need to show that not only is it possible but it does exist, 'cause I don't buy it. It's made up.

Interesting thoughts R. Makes me think of, if the Universe were actually a singularity, then what was that? A void? A non-existent? Seems like that is the question....

To the revenge thing. You were the one threatening people if they were to harm your daughter? Seems like there is no need for a "fear based revengeful God" to come up with the same result.

I'll think about the absolute anything question. I actually enjoy those type questions. Thanks R.

End,

I note that you missed a thread where an invitation has been extended to you.

Here is the link... http://www.ex-christ...y/#.VPlZi_msUuk

Please join us to further your understanding of cosmology.

Thanks.

BAA.

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

End,

You are frightening me.

I find it very disturbing that you don't properly understand the nature of the questions being put to you, that you don't know at a gut level that genocide is always wrong and that you unquestioningly look to the Bible for moral guidance.

Immoral people are openly wicked and corrupt.

But amoral people (those who do not have a moral compass) are morally clueless and look to authority figures for moral guidance.  This is what you appear to be doing.  When asked simple and easy-to-answer, Yes/No moral questions you seem confused and unable to fathom out what is right and wrong for yourself.  So, in the absence of an inner moral code, you look to the Bible and unflinchingly stick to what it says.  

Even if that's divinely sanctioned genocide?

I wonder if you'll trot out your usual,  "We can't know" argument, which absolves you of all moral responsibility and leaves you making moral decisions on a faith-in-scripture basis?

Presumably you'd reject the notion that we can know enough to know good from evil?

That for you, the only acceptable standard is absolute knowledge, which only comes from God via the Bible?

That you have no extra-Biblical moral sense whatsoever to guide you?

I don't think we really know what we would do put in certain situations. If the creator of the universe is telling me to off the bad guys because it is ultimately a moral outcome, I expect I would. Perhaps you are being a stickler for the def of genocide. From our previous discussions, I think science leans towards behaviors being inherent. So is it necessary to kill the whole bunch? I hope not but it may be. That's the price you pay for being a stupid shit and teaching your kids to be stupid shits. Boom, you can all be in stupid shit afterworld together...

Jesus would have to make an appearance in order to command you to commit genocide. That will never occur because he does not exist. You will never be told to kill anyone by Jesus. The only thing that may continue is hypothetical scenarios on web forums that will never manifest in real life. 

• Like 1

Let me try to simplify things for you End3.  Let me try to put things into a perspective that you can (hopefully) understand.

Here goes:

The only difference, at this point, between you and Jihadi Johnnie, is:

1.)  You haven't decapitated anybody... yet

2.)  You believe in different interpretations of the same god (objective morality).

See how this works?  You are exactly the same as a terrorist; except that so far you haven't acted upon your beliefs. 

He's a thought terrorist? I don't think so. He's just full of shit. I doubt he will kill anyone for his Jesus.

Well thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster that our very own End3 does not suffer from hallucinations and does not have a predisposition to

violence.  I've seen enough of his posts and followed him long enough that I expect he will kill zero people in his entire life.  However this

very same way of Christian thinking can lead to disaster when it is applied to the entire population.  Christians want all to be saved.  And

some people do have a predisposition for violence and suffer from hallucinations.  And every year hundreds of them murder their families.  

Some of them commit suicide afterwards.  Others manage to convince themselves that their actions achieved a good outcome they can be

proud of.  Watch the news.  It won't take long for a parent in your area to kill his or her kids and then cite God, Satan, demons, angels,

heaven or hell.  The murderer will explain that killing really was saving the victims.  Every single one of them inspired by the Bible and how

Abraham was justified through his faith from trying to murder his son.  And isn't it inspiring how God, the perfect being, showed His love for

all of us by murdering his son with the most brutal torture?  This is a dangerous way of thinking for people who can't handle the bullshit.

(edited for spacing and fixing minor errors)

• Like 1

Oh look, it happened again.  It's sad.  It's tragic.  It's the deadly combination of belief in God and insanity.  Poor kids.

http://fox4kc.com/2015/03/06/mom-charged-with-abuse-after-2-year-old-girl-died-3-year-old-sister-burned-in-kc-apartment/

The suspect said she allowed it because “god told him to.”

The pastor says his little niece always had a big smile.

“She used to sing in our children’s choir. She was the nicest child and good girl who liked to sing and liked to train other kids,” he said.

A baby is dead.  Another child has burns.  Religion is not a force for good.  We need to tell people to not listen to the voices in their head.

• Like 1

A baby is dead. Another child has burns. Religion is not a force for good. We need to tell people to not listen to the voices in their head.

But -- but, listening to the voices in their head is one of christianitys top 3 virtues! We can't take that away from them. That would just be rude. An b'sides -- STOP PERSECUTING THEM!!!

Go Christianity!!!!! Yay!

The condition of those kids (dead and burned) probably does nothing less than cause a sense of glee for End3! After all, THIS is his subjective morality put into practice.

Either that, or he's jealous cuz god doesn't tell HIM to do really cool stuff like that...

. .  cause a sense of glee for End3! After all, THIS is his subjective morality put into practice.

Either that, or he's jealous cuz god doesn't tell HIM to do really cool stuff like that...

No it doesn't.  He is simply trying to make his childhood indoctrination fit the world we are in.  I was no different back when I still believed the crap.

• Like 1