Goodbye Jesus

God Doesn't Prevent Terrible Things Because:

FreeThinkerNZ

God doesn't prevent horrible things because humanity told and tells God to shove it.....so humans must learn via the University of Hard Knocks.

You lie.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

In the olden times, my answer would have been much like that of end3. Mankind as a whole rejected God and this planet is now the realm of fallen humans and Satan Himself, at least until Judgment. 

However, God, as the Jesus character, promised to answer the prayers of believers and heal them when prayed over. Obviously, God doesn't do much intervening in the lives of his believers, either. But to be fair, he can't since he's just a mental construct.

In the olden times, my answer would have been much like that of end3. Mankind as a whole rejected God and this planet is now the realm of fallen humans and Satan Himself, at least until Judgment.

However, God, as the Jesus character, promised to answer the prayers of believers and heal them when prayed over. Obviously, God doesn't do much intervening in the lives of his believers, either. But to be fair, he can't since he's just a mental construct.

Then of course there is this gem of a passage.

"15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”

drink up end3, prove you are a believer! These signs will(not might), will accompany those who believe!

I also read 1 Peter 2:

18 Slaves, accept the authority of your masters with all deference, not only those who are kind and gentle but also those who are harsh. 19 For it is a credit to you if, being aware of God, you endure pain while suffering unjustly. 20 If you endure when you are beaten for doing wrong, what credit is that? But if you endure when you do right and suffer for it, you have God’s approval. 21 For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you should follow in his steps.

Slavery...blah blah blah...suffering...blah...it's good for you and god likes it.

mwc

oh, and abhorrent women and homosexuality of course.

I'm here as an antagonist of course....carry on.

Ok, End.  Thanks for that.   We'll just carry on.

You can leave the peace-making, the empathy, the tolerance, the compassion, the patience, the gentleness, the faithfulness and the kindness to us.

Us... the fallen and corrupt, God-rejecting, baby-eating sinners.

We'll leave the antagonism, the intolerance, the bigotry, the mysogny, the insults, the anger, the foul language and all the rest of the bad fruit to you.

You... the saved and the spiritually reborn child of the God of love.

• Like 6

God never tried preventing anything.

According to Genesis, god created Adam and Eve, who were naive and had no knowledge of good or evil, then left them alone with the most evil being imaginable.  God also forbade them from learning anything (eating from the tree of knowledge) or disagreeing with god.

Genesis is not god's perfect account of creation.  It's a cautionary tale against shitty parenting.  It's also a cautionary tale about excessive obedience.

• Like 1

Of course "by learn on their own" you mean invent lots of horrible diseases and bacteria to help them "learn on their own"

remind me again how someone eating an apple invents polio, tasmanian devil facial tumor disease and rabies. All horrible disease that have no other function than to cause suffering. one of them is even animal exclusive

S, I don't know what an "unfallen world" is. Right now, in a "fallen world" as the story goes, I gather there are combinations that yield life and combinations that yield death. We could visit the story of Adam and Eve.....for the umpteenth time and see what we could surmise....but other than that, we are all here now and I whine too, but there are days when whining just gets old.

Ultimately and regardless of the story, don't most of us attempt to move towards being better people? You can find faults with my belief, I can yours. We can others? Should we say something or say nothing?

Can you try, just try, to not be such an insufferable douchebag?

What would it look like if you tried to act like a human being?

Back when you had to go through that horrible divorce nobody here told you that you deserved every ounce of pain because you reject Odin.  Instead we were kind to you and supported you.  Your religion is a source of evil.  It has caused untold suffering all over the world.  We don't live in a fallen world.  Rather your superstition is holding back progress.  It is a known fact that no event portrayed in Genesis ever happened.  It was all hogwash.  There was no Garden of Eden.  There was no Fall of Man.  There is no Original Sin.  So there is nothing for Christ to atone for.  It's all superstition and myth.  But that doesn't stop Christians from persecuting perfectly innocent groups.  Meanwhile your religion makes a perfect camouflage for scam artists and child molesters to hide and prey upon the innocent.

Now kindly stop blaming victims.  It's a douchebag move.  Thanks a bunch.

• Like 2

+v

"Ctrl/CmdI don't know what an "unfallen world" is. Right now, in a "fallen world" as the story goes, I gather there are combinations that yield life and combinations that yield death. We could visit the story of Adam and Eve.....for the umpteenth time and see what we could surmise....but other than that, we are all here now and I whine too, but there are days when whining just gets old." End3

End3: If you don't know what an "unfallen world" is, neither do you know what a fallen world is. In fact nobody does because fallen and unfallen worlds are biblical concepts and therefore are not real;.Neither does the concept make sense. Rip

• Like 1

Reading this thread and seeing those images of starving people...  thinking about what it must be like to be hungry for so long that your skin is sucked around your bones, with no flesh in between... how is it they are still alive...  the utterly senseless suffering...

And having heard about the suicidal German pilot who took all those innocent people down with him...

Makes me extremely angry at the suffering of this world.  That xians have such ridiculously shameful excuses for their imaginary friend just makes me even angrier.  Fuckers.

• Like 4

I vote for D, "He doesn't exist", except in the imaginations of believers.  And that's an important qualification.

• Like 2

Read a verse yesterday that kind of sums it up....

1Pe 2:5

you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house [fn] to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

And to put it simply, I think we all come to this maturity by some path....maybe some don't. I think the silence by Christ right now is ultimately perfect grace. In other words, if a child won't accept instruction, there's really not much you can do other than love them and let them learn on there own.

And for me, the path is a specific theology... I don't really believe that there are other paths. That's just me specifically......But it's hard to ignore the language of other religions.

Another full of shit post from End3.  At least he's consistent with his nonsense.

• Like 2

11081249_829369210466626_459607461081074

I'd love to hear any xian responses to this.

I suspect they might answer B, which begs the question "Is biblegod loving and just?".  

Answers including the words "mysterious" or "higher" will be disregarded.

When I was a Calvinist, I would have answered C).

11081249_829369210466626_459607461081074

I'd love to hear any xian responses to this.

I suspect they might answer B, which begs the question "Is biblegod loving and just?".  

Answers including the words "mysterious" or "higher" will be disregarded.

Thank you for sharing, As an Atheist myself once upon a time, i battled with these questions.  One of the most diffucult questions any christian to answer,There is no easy answer or sugar coated response i can give, i also dont claim to know the answer to this question or be the magic christian just simply sharing my thoughts on the matter

Why does God allow bad things to happen?

3points

A.D=After Deconversion A1   B.C= Before Conversion A1

Point 1

A.D. A1: If God didnt exist.......and all the suffering still existed anyway then who else is responsible other than mankind? why blame God or put him in the equation if these things would exist without him? its call humanity needs to taking responsibility.

B.C. A1 : Thats Bull and you know it, The fact of the matter is.....in your world GOD DOES exist!!, so why arent these things being stopped? You cant even drive a stick shift, so stop trying to shift the BOP.

Point 2

A.D. A1 What am i myself doing to help poor children in africa? Could one waste time blaming God without doing anything themself is that not hypotcritical?

B.C. A1 : Highly ARROGANT! of you to think I wouldnt help children in africa, if i had the financial means i would, in the meantime i can help people in my own community and I dont need a book to tell me how to do it and even if I didnt help, it doesnt mean i dont care, Im also not the one Claiming Your God is loving.

Point 3

A.D. A1: How would you Suggest God get rid of evil? alter the wind and its velocity to Stop bullets from all gunman? Change the brain chemistry in someones brain to alter their thinking of bad thoughts? Make people immortal so they didnt die from sickness? How would you stop evil if you was a God? Micromanage every thought and action so no one has free will and everyone is robots? Stop hitlers mom from having a baby, by making the mother celibate or the husband have erectile dysfunction so holocaust never happened?

B.C. A1 : .......Triple FacePalm, Great look what you have done, my face hurts now i have to postpone my date.

.......Triple FacePalm, Great look what you have done . . . 

Yes, quite.

God doesn't prevent horrible things because humanity told and tells God to shove it.....so humans must learn via the University of Hard Knocks.

So much for the doctrine of grace (unmerited favor). So tell me einstein, what did this poor person in the picture below do to god to make him bring this horrible situation upon him. I doubt all the hungry kids in africa told your god to shove it. So please explain to me how little kids in africa are students in your gods university of hard knocks when they didn't do anything to god. People like you make me want to puke. Your apologetics are laughable at best. So, look at the picture below and tell me end3 what this person did to deserve this!

fam.jpg

I'll try to respond to more of your responses tomorrow. Perhaps it is not what this person alone has done, but the collective of humanity....the consequences of selfishness, lack of obedience, etc.

Right, because you have yet to provide any evidence that your god exists and you have not yet provided a single shred of evidence that proves the bible is true as well. So i will give you this one, you're only here as a hypocrite christian antagonist.

We're all hypocrites CC...even you.

Right, because you have yet to provide any evidence that your god exists and you have not yet provided a single shred of evidence that proves the bible is true as well. So i will give you this one, you're only here as a hypocrite christian antagonist.

We're all hypocrites CC...even you.

Just not in a way that you can demonstrate, as usual.

• Like 1

Of course "by learn on their own" you mean invent lots of horrible diseases and bacteria to help them "learn on their own"

remind me again how someone eating an apple invents polio, tasmanian devil facial tumor disease and rabies. All horrible disease that have no other function than to cause suffering. one of them is even animal exclusive

S, I don't know what an "unfallen world" is. Right now, in a "fallen world" as the story goes, I gather there are combinations that yield life and combinations that yield death. We could visit the story of Adam and Eve.....for the umpteenth time and see what we could surmise....but other than that, we are all here now and I whine too, but there are days when whining just gets old.

Ultimately and regardless of the story, don't most of us attempt to move towards being better people? You can find faults with my belief, I can yours. We can others? Should we say something or say nothing?

Back when you had to go through that horrible divorce nobody here told you that you deserved every ounce of pain because you reject Odin.  Instead we were kind to you and supported you.  Your religion is a source of evil.  It has caused untold suffering all over the world.  We don't live in a fallen world.  Rather your superstition is holding back progress.  It is a known fact that no event portrayed in Genesis ever happened.  It was all hogwash.  There was no Garden of Eden.  There was no Fall of Man.  There is no Original Sin.  So there is nothing for Christ to atone for.  It's all superstition and myth.  But that doesn't stop Christians from persecuting perfectly innocent groups.  Meanwhile your religion makes a perfect camouflage for scam artists and child molesters to hide and prey upon the innocent.

Hey, I announced that I was playing antagonist for my girlfriend's OP. CC was collateral damage. But the more he/she gets triggered, the sooner he/she will address their shit and get better. See how mysterious God is.... And for the record, I was sincere for about two posts. But NOOOOOO, I just get blamed for inciting a mob. We'll try again tomorrow.

I also read 1 Peter 2:

18 Slaves, accept the authority of your masters with all deference, not only those who are kind and gentle but also those who are harsh. 19 For it is a credit to you if, being aware of God, you endure pain while suffering unjustly. 20 If you endure when you are beaten for doing wrong, what credit is that? But if you endure when you do right and suffer for it, you have God’s approval. 21 For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you should follow in his steps.

Slavery...blah blah blah...suffering...blah...it's good for you and god likes it.

mwc

Couldn't have anything to do with changing your brothers via your own actions. Never heard of such in the Bible.

Couldn't have anything to do with changing your brothers via your own actions. Never heard of such in the Bible.

I don't accept that people are made to be slaves, by any god, as inspiration to anyone.  That's gross.

mwc

The level of douchebaggery shown by End in this thread is quite something, even for him.

He has no adequate explanation for the inconsistency of the claims about his skyfairy's attributes, because there is none.

• Like 1

I don't accept that people are made to be slaves, by any god, as inspiration to anyone.  That's gross.

mwc

I don't believe people are made to be slaves either, but the fact that there are people enslaved is real.

Hey, I announced that I was playing antagonist for my girlfriend's OP. CC was collateral damage. But the more he/she gets triggered, the sooner he/she will address their shit and get better. See how mysterious God is.... And for the record, I was sincere for about two posts. But NOOOOOO, I just get blamed for inciting a mob. We'll try again tomorrow.

What the fuck?  I'm certain the one thing you have not done is incite a mob.

Making things up about Cat isn't helping you not look like or not act like a

douche.  I have no idea why you have picked Cat as a target but he probably

doesn't know you well enough to understand that you randomly lash out at

people from time to time.  Why do you get into these jackass moods,

Christian?  Is it the Spirit of the one who drowned the whole world in a flood

flowing through you?

Edit:  Oh wait.  Did you think Cat is a woman?  Did this trigger your hatred for

women?  That might explain some things.  Perhaps you should move to 

Indiana and open a bakery where you refuse to serve or hire women because

of your "religious freedom".  

What the fuck?  I'm certain the one thing you have not done is incite a mob.

Making things up about Cat isn't helping you not look like a douche.

I have no idea why you have picked Cat as a target but he probably doesn't

know you well enough to understand that you randomly lash out at people

from time to time.  Why do you get into these jackass moods, Christian?

Is it the Spirit of the one who drowned the whole world in a flood flowing 

through you?

If you will kindly go re-read you will see that initially I started the thread with humor/sarcasm. Then I gave a few honest answers. Then CC started with the insults. Just because he couldn't understand what I was attempting to convey does not make me the jackass. It would be him that is the jackass. Pretty simple.