Goodbye Jesus

God Doesn't Prevent Terrible Things Because:

FreeThinkerNZ

When you are making the problem worse, yes you are bad for trying to help

Yet you have the audacity to complain....and blame. Who's really making the problem worse??????

"The people are starving, the people are starving"

"Wow, you really fucked it up when you tried to help".

Returns to "The people are starving. The people are starving". "Let's go get a Starbuck's and contemplate our superiority".

Returns to "The people are starving. The people are starving". "Let's go get a Starbuck's and contemplate our superiority".

Because theyre building churches not helping people. Just like mother thereSa. All the money goes to building nunneries Not actually helping people. You want to help? Give money to msf. Give money for education. Christianity just encourages bronze age behaviour

Because theyre building churches not helping people. Just like mother thereSa. All the money goes to building nunneries Not actually helping people. You want to help? Give money to msf. Give money for education. Christianity just encourages bronze age behaviour

Yet their beliefs are the ones over there helping per the argument here. I guess msf has no infrastructure? I think even Florduh has stated that atheists are not well organized for "help". And MM says he needs Santa's sleigh. So I don't know that y'all have much case for helping with or without mistakes....

It's a good thing I asked End3 to try to not be such an insufferable douchebag.  I would hate to see how this thread would have turned out otherwise.

• Like 1

It's a good thing I asked End3 to try to not be such an insufferable douchebag.  I would hate to see how this thread would have turned out otherwise.

Affirmative. I had to work hard to keep it at this level.

E3, you might have a basis for an argument that it is all our collective fault...if there is no God in control of everything. You can't have it both ways.

That's not the case.

God says, "Feed my sheep", yet we reject God and post pictures of starving people and blame God and each other? Really?

But it is the case, E3.

The point you are missing is why doesn't your Biblegod feed his own damn sheep. 

He leaves it to us? By that logic, if we don't participate your God is helpless.  

I've shown from the Bible (the flood, Sodom) that that isn't so, but you claim that it is so. Interesting.

Is your God of grace (unmerited favor) doing anything to alleviate the suffering?  Did he instead cause it (one of the choices in the OP)?  Maybe the smell of all of that dead flesh burning in the hot sun is a sweet savor to his nostrils? There is precedent for that in the Bible, I suppose.

You really don't have anything to hand your hat on in this argument, do you.

No, didn't you say CC's arguments were spot on? His assertion that God was in charge of the starvation?

Now we're talking overpopulation???? And again, somehow people, errant, lost, Christians, trying to help, are soo bad for trying to help?

Get a grip you two.

I know you are not very bright but try to pay attention.  These things were said in response to your claim

that "God doesn't prevent horrible things because humanity told and tells God to shove it.....so humans

must learn via the University of Hard Knocks".

Christians trying to help has a horrible result when the Christian delusion drives the Pope to call condom

use a mortal sin (overpopulation and the spread of AIDS) and for protestant preachers to inspire acts of

terrorism.  If that is Christians trying then they should stop trying.

So where does that leave us?  Your religion is false.  Your religions drives it's followers to do evil deeds.

But the Christians delude themselves into thinking that they are the good guys because they are going to 

help people get into the Heaven that does not exist so any suffering they cause in this life does not count.

When atheists notice this problem and mention it you go ape shit because the atheist are not lucid and

need to get a grip.  Does that sum it up right?

Guest Furball

I'm here as an antagonist of course....carry on.

Right, because you have yet to provide any evidence that your god exists and you have not yet provided a single shred of evidence that proves the bible is true as well. So i will give you this one, you're only here as a hypocrite christian antagonist.

We're all hypocrites CC...even you.

How am i a hypocrite? 

Guest Furball

E3, you might have a basis for an argument that it is all our collective fault...if there is no God in control of everything. You can't have it both ways.

That's not the case.

God says, "Feed my sheep", yet we reject God and post pictures of starving people and blame God and each other? Really?

But it is the case, E3.

The point you are missing is why doesn't your Biblegod feed his own damn sheep. 

He leaves it to us? By that logic, if we don't participate your God is helpless.  

I've shown from the Bible (the flood, Sodom) that that isn't so, but you claim that it is so. Interesting.

Is your God of grace (unmerited favor) doing anything to alleviate the suffering?  Did he instead cause it (one of the choices in the OP)?  Maybe the smell of all of that dead flesh burning in the hot sun is a sweet savor to his nostrils? There is precedent for that in the Bible, I suppose.

You really don't have anything to hand your hat on in this argument, do you.

Thank you for making it clearer. End3, if god can rain manna from heaven in the bible, why doesn't he simply do it now in africa?

Starving people are gods problem, he created them, he is responsible for them. If 2 parents decide to have a child and leave that child to starve, is it rational for the parents to argue that it is their neighbors responsibility to feed their the child? No, such arguments are insane, so to say god creates humans and leaves them to starve, then blame other humans for their starvation is insane as well. God is responsible. He is the alpha and the omega. I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. Isaiah 45:7

• Like 1

Guest Furball

Edit:  Oh wait.  Did you think Cat is a woman?  Did this trigger your hatred for

women?  That might explain some things.  Perhaps you should move to 

Indiana and open a bakery where you refuse to serve or hire women because

of your "religious freedom".

No MM, his/her profile doesn't specify gender.

Which is why I think it triggered your hatred of women.

You have a history of going ape shit when you see

somebody's profile is marked "female".  Apparently now

you have branched out into ape shit over "not telling".

Maybe I will change my gender declaration in solidarity.

Why not just take responsibility for making an errant assumption rather trying to pin me.

And what about the response to my question???

Good question, why haven't you responded to MY questions? 

Let me know when you have a logical reason as to why your version of god starves poor men, women, children, and babies to a tortuous death who have done absolutely nothing wrong. A christian is no different than a defense lawyer for a serial killer. 

Thou shalt not kill.

But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;

Bit of a contradiction don't you think? Were not to kill, god kills, and yet were to be followers of god? Rubbish crap, all of it.

Even if it were possible for us humans to feed all the starving children in the world, we still would not be free of the terrible things beyond our control, like earthquakes, tsunamis, and such.

I would have listed diseases as well but at least people are working on eradicating them. Good thing, because an imaginary god won't do a damn thing to help.

• Like 1

Guest Furball

Your so right, imaginary god doesn't lift a finger. Unfortunately when good people who do help others in need, they give this imaginary god the glory for it. It makes me sick. I love helping out poor people, whether it is buying them food or giving them the money to buy food. What kills me is when i help a needy person out, they either say "god bless you", or they say "praise/glory to the lord." I don't understand why god has to be brought in every time a human helps another human out. I don't do it to be blessed or to give god the credit, i don't even do it so i'll get the credit. I don't need god or the bible to tell me to help out my fellow humans. If i see someone in need, and i have the resources at the time, i will help that person out for no other reason than to help them, for their benefit, not fictional gods or mine. -peace

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Come on, people. End is merely presenting a very orthodox interpretation/apologetic for the existence of evil in the world. According to the game plan as set forth in The Book, God has, for now, removed himself from the affairs of Man because we have, for the most part, rejected him and have chosen sin. As always, anything bad is our fault, and for anything good the thanks and glory goes to God. It's a win-win for the absentee father of all creation.

Guest Furball

As always, anything bad is our fault, and for anything good the thanks and glory goes to God. It's a win-win for the absentee father of all creation.

That is exactly how the christian thinks. It is that thought process that makes me want to throw myself into a tree shredder. 

• Like 1

Come on, people. End is merely presenting a very orthodox interpretation/apologetic for the existence of evil in the world. According to the game plan as set forth in The Book, God has, for now, removed himself from the affairs of Man because we have, for the most part, rejected him and have chosen sin. As always, anything bad is our fault, and for anything good the thanks and glory goes to God. It's a win-win for the absentee father of all creation.

Thanks brother. Your writing flows like no other. I'm buyin this evening.

On a sincere note, I need to apologized for forgetting. I've been here so long that I have forgotten that many have been hurt because God did not answer. Of that, I will not make light.

• Super Moderator

End3, let me ask you a few sincere questions.  What have you done to help end world hunger, human trafficking, child molestation?  Do you consider your presence on this website to be the essence of true religion?  Are your arguments somehow part of god's plan to demonstrate "grace" and "relationships" in this world, toward the goal of making this world a better place for all humanity?

End3, let me ask you a few sincere questions.  What have you done to help end world hunger, human trafficking, child molestation?  Do you consider your presence on this website to be the essence of true religion?  Are your arguments somehow part of god's plan to demonstrate "grace" and "relationships" in this world, toward the goal of making this world a better place for all humanity?

I subscribe to the "love your neighbor". My philosophy is that if everyone takes care of their immediate neighbor/community, then it presents a more realistic approach than me trying to feed people around the world. The congregation that I attended when I was married had two or three missionaries we supported. One in S Africa and one in Mexico. And we sent money to a children's home in the hill country of Tx.

Yes, despite my poor efforts of demonstrating Christianity, I believe relationships are the key. Ultimately, you will know that I believe in Christianity and that I care about the people here and elsewhere. What more is there to life.

Guest Furball

I've been here so long that I have forgotten that many have been hurt because God did not answer. Of that, I will not make light.

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. acts 2:21

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: Joel 2:32

End3, one of you is lying. The bible says god answers all who call upon him, you say god didn't answer us. Which is it?

• Super Moderator

So, in essence, you believe that we should all be responsible for those around us.  Okay.  If it is our responsibility to make this world better for all humanity, then where's the sense in having a god?  What's the point?  Why not just embrace your inner humanist and realize that for thousands of years countless millions of people have wasted their lives waiting for miracles that god never performed?

• Like 1

Thanks brother. Your writing flows like no other. I'm buyin this evening.

On a sincere note, I need to apologized for forgetting. I've been here so long that I have forgotten that many have been hurt because God did not answer. Of that, I will not make light.

God is the cause of ALL suffering, not man.

In Biblical Christianity, the root cause of ALL suffering was the lack of obedience of just two people.

But instead of allowing Adam and Eve to understand that every other human being after them was going to suffer and die because of their disobedience, God withheld this vital information from them.  He also created them as perfect innocents, with no knowledge or understanding of what Good and Evil and Death were, withholding from them the capacity to understand the meaning of His warning to them.  I've removed from the text the words that God made sure they wouldn't understand.

“You are free to eat from any tree in the garden;  but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

On the basis of this piece of calculated entrapment God then massively exceeded the punishment He said said would befall only them, adding curses that would afflict not only them but all of their unborn descendants.  God never said anything to either of them about other people suffering the consequences of their one act of disobedience.  

Since God has perfect foreknowledge, this couldn't have been a snap decision on His part when He was angry in Eden. He must have planned to punish everyone (not just the two who actually disobeyed) with sickness, deformity and death before He created the universe.

Therefore, this...

3E44C664-4B49-4F42-AD25-77B59005F340_w64

and this...

6e3f777a45f851f44dec94fa48597442.jpg

and this...

article-2082753-0F593F1E00000578-244_634

were caused by God, according to the holy scriptures.

Have a nice day, End.

Guest Furball

Remember BAA, according to end3, the people (innocent children) in the above pics told god to shove it, so they are learning in gods university of hard knocks. End3 cannot explain how a baby can tell god to shove it, but as long as were dwelling in the region of insanity and magical thinking, we'll just agree that the baby told god to shove it while in the womb. 

I've been here so long that I have forgotten that many have been hurt because God did not answer. Of that, I will not make light.

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. acts 2:21

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: Joel 2:32

End3, one of you is lying. The bible says god answers all who call upon him, you say god didn't answer us. Which is it?

Shall be. Shall be. Remember don't give up, keep running....all that exhortation.

So, in essence, you believe that we should all be responsible for those around us.  Okay.  If it is our responsibility to make this world better for all humanity, then where's the sense in having a god?  What's the point?  Why not just embrace your inner humanist and realize that for thousands of years countless millions of people have wasted their lives waiting for miracles that god never performed?

If God is nothing more that an idea, then I think the concept of God stems from our not understanding each other....our own needs not being met.....our hope for better.

My humanist is fearful of hell....which is good enough for me. And I've never had a time where I didn't receive answers from God. I have no reason other than science to disbelieve.

Shall be. Shall be. Remember don't give up, keep running....all that exhortation.

Oh fuck that.  People die all the time while calling out to God.  You are the Nigerian E-mail scammer.

Just believe.  Keep believing and give my your bank account number and you shall be rewarded!  Keep believing.  Believe real hard.  Now give me your pin number.

• Like 1