Goodbye Jesus

Defending Hell

SerenelyBlue

There is no defense for hell. I'm just a messenger. Just like a military officer would be a messager if your son died.

I Dont make the rules. Just because we Dont like something doesn't change anything

Call me when science can stop humans from.dying and help us become Immortal

Looks like that list of 100 off-limits subjects applies to A1, as well as Thumbelina.

Hi A1. Nice to see you.

Some religions Dont even believe in hell..yet you still Dont believe in them. So hell isn't the issue

That's a very salient point. But it does leave one asking the question which I posed to Thumby in my initial post in this thread, and which she noticeably declined to answer properly: why believe at all? I concede that the doctrine of hell, in and of itself, is neither an argument for or against the veracity of a particular religion. But this leaves us asking why we should believe in the first place. Seeing how as Thumby has apparently buggered off again, would you care to weigh in here?

There is no defense for hell. I'm just a messenger. Just like a military officer would be a messager if your son died.

I Dont make the rules. Just because we Dont like something doesn't change anything

Looks like that list of 100 off-limits subjects applies to A1, as well as Thumbelina.

Lol Nothing is off limits with me I've talked about hell many times in the past rape slavery I could leave no stone unturned. I'm not afraid of any topic in the bible. I only responded briefly Cuz I haven't been on Ina. awhile and I just caught the tale end of this thread so I have no clue what was covered or not lol

Hi A1. Nice to see you.

Some religions Dont even believe in hell..yet you still Dont believe in them. So hell isn't the issue

That's a very salient point. But it does leave one asking the question which I posed to Thumby in my initial post in this thread, and which she noticeably declined to answer properly: why believe at all? I concede that the doctrine of hell, in and of itself, is neither an argument for or against the veracity of a particular religion. But this leaves us asking why we should believe in the first place. Seeing how as Thumby has apparently buggered off again, would you care to weigh in here?

Why believe? Come on that's an easy one. It's not an accepted answered but its foundational.

Many people believe for many reasons true but it can be narrowed down to

Because we believe Jesus died for our sins and believe we are a sinner.

Without believing at least that part one would Never become Christian for the right reasons. We have to believe we are sick before we seek treatment.

So we have to believe we sin before we even want to believe in Jesus

If we Dont believe in sin at all then we will never believe

If we believe in sin but Dont think we do it. Then we will never believe

Sin is a unfalsifiable concept so science will never believe it but I was just answering ur question sorry can't go in detail on a cell

One should not become Christian because its promised roses

One should not become Christian because it feels good because trust me it doesnt always

One should not become Christian for heaveny or earthy rewards

You Dont become Christian because you fear hell

You Dont become Christian because you can win or lose arguments with intellectual debates about the origin of the universe or any other argument

These are foundational to Christianity

One should not become Christian because it feels good because trust me it doesnt always

You Dont become Christian because you can win or lose arguments with intellectual debates about the origin of the universe or any other argument

I don't know about the last sentence but that partial list above is a good start to a very long list of reasons.
  • Like 2

Hi A1. Nice to see you.

Why believe?

You believe because you believe.  How helpful.

Why do you believe Jesus died for your sins?

Why do you believe you are a sinner?

So then, Steak Sauce, why did you become a Christian?

Because you have a low opinion of yourself so you saw yourself as a 'sinner'?  I'm willing to bet that real soon after you were told you had a sin disease, you were offered a sin cure. 

• Like 1

A1 says, "We have to believe we are sick before we seek treatment."

Why would I want to believe I'm sick?

One should not become a Christian, period.

• Like 1

A1 says, "We have to believe we are sick before we seek treatment."

Why would I want to believe I'm sick?

Exactly.  Unless you are sick, and don't know it.  Am I right A1?  Did I get that one right?

But you, Steak Source, aren't at fault. Ur God made you think this way. 

Sorry to MR for using his post as a launch site, but I'm on my cell. 

Lol Nothing is off limits with me I've talked about hell many times in the past rape slavery I could leave no stone unturned. I'm not afraid of any topic in the bible. I only responded briefly Cuz I haven't been on Ina. awhile and I just caught the tale end of this thread so I have no clue what was covered or not lol

Yet item # 3 on that list rules Christianity out.

Hi A1. Nice to see you.

Why believe? Come on that's an easy one. It's not an accepted answered but its foundational.

Without believing at least that part one would Never become Christian for the right reasons. We have to believe we are sick before we seek treatment.

Sin is a unfalsifiable concept so science will never believe it but I was just answering ur question sorry can't go in detail on a cell

Come now A1, you can do better than that. For heaven's sake, even Thumby did a little better than "I believe because I believe". At least she bothered to put it in other words.

Not just unfalsifiable but also ridiculous.  It's as silly are reading the Lord of the Rings and then trying to submit yourself to Sauron so that he won't kill you when he takes over the world.

• Like 1

Hi A1. Nice to see you.

You have not answered Disillusioned's question, but another question. You have stated some of WHAT you think a Christian must believe. You have not given any reason WHY someone else should believe these things.

Do u guys want me to go on the atheist experience?

I heard they lost the contract to their studio so wasn't sure if they still doing shows or not

Not particularly. I'd like you to answer my question though...

Not particularly. I'd like you to answer my question though...

I did answer. How do y'all extrapolate... I believe because I believe from my.response.

I said we believe because Jesus died for our sins. Its that simple.

As instated before someone will not go to a doctor if they think they are perfectly healthy.

As long as we all think there is nothing wrong then we will not seek help we think we Dont need it.

Or as a we have transgress Gods law and as we all know

Ignorance of the law does not excuse us of it.....you heard that before.

None of this is new. Its basic

Its because y'all Dont believe in sin is the reason you cannot accept a reason to believe.

Hence

One will not change a flat tire if you Dont think it needs to be changed

Its because y'all Dont believe in sin is the reason you cannot accept a reason to believe.

Hence

Because the concept of sin is folly. The idea that the very act of being born condemns you to hell is so immeasurably stupid that it hurts my head to think I used to believe in this. The concept that a literal bloodbath washed away these sins so God could save us from himself basically, come on. The very idea of hell is a horrible thought to begin with, created by a deity because he loves you. There is no defense for a place where you are tortured mercilessly and for eternity, just because you exercised your not-so-free will and chose wrong. There is no free will when it's backed up by threat of eternal damnation.

• Like 1

Not believing is not a reason for not believing.  You are caught in a feedback loop.

Nonsense.  Tires are real.  When one goes flat this becomes clear because the car's performance is very different.  You can't drive a car with flat times and not notice the difference because refuse to believe.  On the other hand Christianity is pure imagination so it's all in your head.   You believe Christianity because you were brainwashed and you have to find ways to justify continuing to believe when the evidence is against it.

Hence

Right, sin is not real. Neither is Jesus. Jesus is just other people telling you what the bible says. Jesus is a fake personality in your head.

Hence

Do you change a lot of fully inflated tires?

• Like 3