Goodbye Jesus

Defending Hell

SerenelyBlue

Do u guys want me to go on the atheist experience?

Not particularly. I'd like you to answer my question though...

I did answer. How do y'all extrapolate... I believe because I believe from my.response.

I said we believe because Jesus died for our sins. Its that simple.

As instated before someone will not go to a doctor if they think they are perfectly healthy.

As long as we all think there is nothing wrong then we will not seek help we think we Dont need it.

Or as a we have transgress Gods law and as we all know

Ignorance of the law does not excuse us of it.....you heard that before.

None of this is new. Its basic

I guess you take that whole "like a little child" thing really literally. "I believe because I believe" is not an adult answer.

I don't go to a doctor unless I'm sick, but if I do go I have actual reasons for thinking I'm sick.

I don't change my tires unless they are flat, but if I do then I have actual reasons for thinking they are flat.

What are your actual reasons for thinking that Jesus died for your sins? I understand that you believe this. What I want to know is why.

Consider that Christians are trained to avoid the question of "why".  The "whys" are replaced with what.  I think this avoidance is due to Christianity's weakness.  Asking why leads to becoming an ex-Christian.

Why would Satan rebel against an all-powerful God when Satan had to know the effort was doomed and had zero chance?

Why would God allow free will if God knew that this would lead to God forever torturing billions of people that God loves?

Why would dying for three days and coming back to life count as a sacrifice?

Why couldn't God just get over it and forgive without all the drama?

There are a million questions we could ask and all of the answers result in doubt.  They make Christianity look false.  So don't ask why.  Instead memorize the what of theology and the what of Bible verses.  Use what to avoid why.

And the worst one of all:  "Why do you believe?"

Because deep down inside the answer is:  "No good reason.  I was tricked."

• Like 2

Its because y'all Dont believe in sin is the reason you cannot accept a reason to believe.

Hence

One will not change a flat tire if you Dont think it needs to be changed

This word "sin" seems very important to you and appears to be the crux of your religious belief, but I suspect not.

In any event, please define "sin", so that we have a precise reference to what your are speaking about.

And just a heads up, I suspect you will define "sin" as human behavior which violates or transgresses your God's laws, or something along those lines.  If that is the case, then you would have to believe first in this God of yours before the concept of "sin" can be introduced into the discussion.  First things first, you know.  So, the question for you then would be why do you believe in this God of yours?

Put another way, your answer that you believe because of sin and Jesus is at best a partial and incomplete answer to the question of why you believe, because you must have other a priori beliefs that you have yet to identify or explain.

You know this and I know this, but unfortunately A1 doesn't quite seem to be there yet. But we'll get him there. I have faith.

Guest Furball

Ahh, the old, 'you have a disease and we have the cure' logic. Sorry but outside the bible, sin doesn't exist. Since the bible has been thoroughly proven false not only on this website but countless others, as well in our own experience, the disease of sin is imaginary. If someone is suffering from a disease, they won't have to "believe"  in it to know they have it, they will already know they have it because they are experiencing its effects. The rock solid proof of this is that according to the bible, the disease of sin is so prevalent in us that the thoughts of our hearts are only evil all of the time. If that were true, then not one person on earth would be doing good at anytime. Yet we know for a fact, (a word christians hate hearing), millions to billions of people everyday do good all the time while shunning evil, and who are also not religious. Sorry but, the sin disease myth is easily debunked. 

Try again.

Ahh, the old, 'you have a disease and we have the cure' logic. Sorry but outside the bible, sin doesn't exist. Since the bible has been thoroughly proven false not only on this website but countless others, as well in our own experience, the disease of sin is imaginary. If someone is suffering from a disease, they won't have to "believe"  in it to know they have it, they will already know they have it because they are experiencing its effects. The rock solid proof of this is that according to the bible, the disease of sin is so prevalent in us that the thoughts of our hearts are only evil all of the time. If that were true, then not one person on earth would be doing good at anytime. Yet we know for a fact, (a word christians hate hearing), millions to billions of people everyday do good all the time while shunning evil, and who are also not religious. Sorry but, the sin disease myth is easily debunked. 

Try again.

But you don't get it, unless god is involved, nothing is good. Everything done without god is evil. Good is anything god has personally endorsed. Evil is anything god has not personally endorsed. See? All those people doing what you call good without god is actually pure inexcusable evil. If they where doing it for god then it would be good... This shit is insidious...

• Like 2

Consider that Christians are trained to avoid the question of "why".  The "whys" are replaced with what.  I think this avoidance is due to Christianity's weakness.  Asking why leads to becoming an ex-Christian.

Why would Satan rebel against an all-powerful God when Satan had to know the effort was doomed and had zero chance?

Why would God allow free will if God knew that this would lead to God forever torturing billions of people that God loves?

There are a million questions we could ask and all of the answers result in doubt.  They make Christianity look false.  So don't ask why.  Instead memorize the what of theology and the what of Bible verses.  Use what to avoid why.

Why is it that human society has more common sense and compassion than bronze age bible god? 

Why is it that human society has more common sense and compassion than bronze age bible god? 

Because biblegod was invented during the bronze age and human society back then had less knowledge, had less awareness, had a somewhat different set of morals and had to spend much significant time and effort struggling to survive.  That particular sky fairy is a historical artifact and is quite obsolete.

The question by SerenelyBlue:

Come on Christians. I challenge you. Give me your best defense for Hell. The one you've brainwashed yourself with.

Bear in mind the place you are defending is a place of eternal torture that you couldn't even dream up. Good people will also be imprisoned in this place devoid of hope, is because they did not see the logic in God's plan of salvation. Think it through. Not as some abstract idea, but rather as a real phenomenon, like the air you breath.
Come on, let me hear how you defend such a horrible place and a being that could allow this.

My answer:

Should God drag a person screaming and kicking into Heaven against their will? This is why hell is necessary. 

Come on Christians. I challenge you. Give me your best defense for Hell. The one you've brainwashed yourself with.

Bear in mind the place you are defending is a place of eternal torture that you couldn't even dream up. Good people will also be imprisoned in this place devoid of hope, is because they did not see the logic in God's plan of salvation. Think it through. Not as some abstract idea, but rather as a real phenomenon, like the air you breath.

Come on, let me hear how you defend such a horrible place and a being that could allow this.

My answer:

Should God drag a person screaming and kicking into Heaven against their will? This is why hell is necessary.

Negative. Thumbelina has already told us that the "wicked" are annihilated. God just decides that those who don't buy into the Yahweh thing don't exist anymore.

My answer:

You provided no answer, only a question, and a conclusion based on only one possible answer to that question.  Suppose the answer to your question is "yes".  Then hell would not be necessary.  Not at all.

Of course, this god of yours can push people screaming and kicking into hell against their will.  Yeah, that makes sense (not).  Just flip your "answer" around:

"Should God drag a person screaming and kicking into Hell against their will?  This is why Heaven is necessary."

Of course, this god of yours can't possibly think of other alternatives, being omnipotent and basically really smart and clever.  Can't have three or more choices.  Not at all.  Gotta have that old duality, even if it's a false dichotomy.

• Like 2

My answer:

Negative. Thumbelina has already told us that the "wicked" are annihilated. God just decides that those who don't buy into the Yahweh thing don't exist anymore.

Anyone who believes that is not a True Christian™.

• Like 1

You guys can't be serious right?

I have two full blown out threads on why I became a Christian. Forgive m for being on my cell I can't copy and paste or retype the entire thing again.

When I say I believe x then you say why do you believe x and I say I believe x because of a different x and you say why do you believe that different x and I say because of another x and you say why do you believe another x and they cycle continues.

Dont yall get it??? Lol all my answered will end in a why.

Hence my answer cannot be a short sentence

Its full blown out story which I boosted MANY times here even have a bull blown thread on it hahaha really? I even went in detail when I was an atheist and what made me change to WHY I believe.

I answered the why many times different times and different ones ways phrases and saying to get it thru halls head but even when I posted then why then with a big 1000 word paragraph y'all still didn't care.

I'm not repeating it.

If you want to know in detail why simply click on my name and find my content and posts and I have I think actually TWO threads on why I believe because Yea its the most common question atheist ask.

Because I'm on my cell i can't copy and paste the link that I responded to your WHY'S many times I aight afraid of no WHY

I started a whole thread about why's and y'all got mad at me for it.

I ask any why everyday of my life ROFL u guys are hilarious

My answer:

Nonsense!  Hell is never "necessary."  All your alleged god has to do is search the thoughts of the person in question and place them in a suitably satisfying afterlife.

• Like 1

"Nonsense!  Hell is never "necessary."  All your alleged god has to do is search the thoughts of the person in question and place them in a suitably satisfying afterlife." 

~ Astreja

God knows their thoughts, but he will not force a change in their will.

They will get their desire...eternal separation from God.

I have two full blown out threads on why I became a Christian. Forgive m for being on my cell I can't copy and paste or retype the entire thing again.

When I say I believe x then you say why do you believe x and I say I believe x because of a different x and you say why do you believe that different x and I say because of another x and you say why do you believe another x and they cycle continues.

Its full blown out story which I boosted MANY times here even have a bull blown thread on it hahaha really? I even went in detail when I was an atheist and what made me change to WHY I believe.

I answered the why many times different times and different ones ways phrases and saying to get it thru halls head but even when I posted then why then with a big 1000 word paragraph y'all still didn't care.

I'm not repeating it.

If you want to know in detail why simply click on my name and find my content and posts and I have I think actually TWO threads on why I believe because Yea its the most common question atheist ask.

Because I'm on my cell i can't copy and paste the link that I responded to your WHY'S many times I aight afraid of no WHY

You never answered the question posed in this thread in those earlier threads.

Give me an example on how to sufficiently answer a why without infinite regress.

Why do like that girl

Because she is amazing

Why is she amazing

Because I love her personality

Why do you love her personality?

Because......

You see...

Its that same thing y'all doing.

And I answered a million of thr infinite regress in two bull bowon forums

I'm not doing it again

Copy and paste link or read it for yourselves.

I would copy and paste but can't on cell

My answer:

That is invalid.  Nobody would have to be dragged there against their will.  All that would be required is a chance to see it is real.

I'm not repeating it.

You never answered the question posed in this thread in those earlier threads.

Did u follow my instructions?

I created an entire thread addressing the why.

When in first signed up and AGAIN when 4 months after when I was asked again

Click on my lick find my thread andet the prrof be in the pudding.

Non laziness will get you your answer

Its in my posts click on my name find content...NOW ROFL

Really?? Lol

Your "I can't write well because I'm on a cellphone" is getting quite stale.

Please answer my most recent questions, no infintie regress is intended:

1)  Define "sin"; and

2)  Why do you believe in this god of yours?

Give me an example on how to sufficiently answer a why without infinite regress.

Why do like that girl

Because she is amazing

Why is she amazing

Because I love her personality

Why do you love her personality?

Because......

You see...

Its that same thing y'all doing.

And I answered a million of thr infinite regress in two bull bowon forums

I'm not doing it again

Copy and paste link or read it for yourselves.

I would copy and paste but can't on cell

No A1, you give vague answers and you are not very good at explaining yourself.  "I believe because I believe" does not tell us why.  "Jesus is real because of the good story" doesn't tell us why you believe the story in the first place.  I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you can't say why because you haven't actually thought it all the way through.

"That is invalid.  Nobody would have to be dragged there against their will.  All that would be required is a chance to see it is real."

~ mymistake

That would work if seeing would change a heart. It doesn't.

God knows their thoughts, but he will not force a change in their will.

They will get their desire...eternal separation from God.

Where did I say anything about changing someone's will?  And where did I say anything about eternal separation?  I specifically mentioned a satisfying afterlife and you failed to address that, choosing instead to fall back on a tired old Christian cliché.  Your imagination, Ironhorse -- Use it!

I'm not posting it again period.

I have two full blown threads answering the why and the 100questions that followed.

Either click my name and find the thread or Dont get your answers.

I'm not walking anybodys hand. Its already written TWICE each thread with over 200replies.

Yea..stop being lazy

I'm not walking anybodys hand.

My hand's had plenty of exercise anyway. No problem.