Goodbye Jesus

Former Atheist, Ask Me Anything

fschmidt

Funny how hard it is to distinguish a troll from actual believers. Telling I think.

• Like 1

The whole idea that atheism is evil is laughable........

Atheists generally do not fly 747's into buildings, they don't strap bombs to themselves and blow up buses. Throughout history, they have not burnt witches, nor murdered women for having too many cats.....

Followers of Judaism, Christianity and Islam on the other hand...............

But... Atheists do enjoy lots of group sex and aborted fetus BBQs. You should know this by now, Castiel. 

You're OK with genocide, but not with tats?  Seems reasonable.  To you.  I'll look for you in the news someday.

Yes and I am particularly OK with the genocide of those with tats.  However, I am sorry to disappoint you, but I probably won't make the news since I have no plans to be personally involved with genocide.

Wow, you call atheism evil, but yet you think it's perfectly okay for people with tattoos to be murdered en masse. Explain to me what makes your beliefs so much better than what you think atheists believe.

Wow, you call atheism evil, but yet you think it's perfectly okay for people with tattoos to be murdered en masse. Explain to me what makes your beliefs so much better than what you think atheists believe.

I have about as much sympathy for people with tattoos as I do for the poor little smallpox virus.  Personally I would be fine with both being wiped out.

What makes my beliefs superior is that they correlate with the beliefs of rising cultures, while Atheist beliefs correlate with the beliefs of decaying cultures.

I have about as much sympathy for people with tattoos as I do for the poor little smallpox virus.  Personally I would be fine with both being wiped out.

What makes my beliefs superior is that they correlate with the beliefs of rising cultures, while Atheist beliefs correlate with the beliefs of decaying cultures.

What exactly is wrong with having tattoos? The smallpox virus and people with tattoos are not the same and tattoos do not automatically make someone evil.

What exactly is wrong with having tattoos? The smallpox virus and people with tattoos are not the same and tattoos do not automatically make someone evil.

Tattoos are to modern culture as swastikas are to nazism, the primary symbol.  And since I consider modern culture to be slightly worse than nazism, I am not fond of tattoos.

Note that I am against killing anyone just for what they wear, but I certainly wouldn't feel sorry about the death of people wearing tattoos or swastikas.

Tattoos are to modern culture as swastikas are to nazism, the primary symbol.  And since I consider modern culture to be slightly worse than nazism, I am not fond of tattoos.

Note that I am against killing anyone just for what they wear, but I certainly wouldn't feel sorry about the death of people wearing tattoos or swastikas.

Tattoos have been around for a very long time, since back before modern culture, so merely having a tattoo on the body cannot be a primary symbol of modern culture. I would also like for you to explain how modern culture is on the same level or worse than Nazism. I would agree that modern culture, for the most part, is certainly not something to brag about, but I really do not see how it is at all like Nazism.

It is interesting though that you are against killing people for what they wear, but would be perfectly okay with someone else doing it instead of you. Why is that? If you think having tattoos are so bad, then why not go out and kill people for having them? Is it because it's illegal? If it suddenly became legal to go out and kill people for having tattoos on their body, would you go out and do so?

Tattoos have been around for a very long time, since back before modern culture, so merely having a tattoo on the body cannot be a primary symbol of modern culture. I would also like for you to explain how modern culture is on the same level or worse than Nazism. I would agree that modern culture, for the most part, is certainly not something to brag about, but I really do not see how it is at all like Nazism.

It is interesting though that you are against killing people for what they wear, but would be perfectly okay with someone else doing it instead of you. Why is that? If you think having tattoos are so bad, then why not go out and kill people for having them? Is it because it's illegal? If it suddenly became legal to go out and kill people for having tattoos on their body, would you go out and do so?

Yes, context determines meaning.  The tattoo has always been a symbol of evil in the West, which is why it is banned in the Old Testament.  I actually have no problem with tattoos in, for example, a traditional Buddhist context, but I was just avoiding nuances.

Nazism did a lot of things that offend me, but it wouldn't have fundamentally destroyed humanity.  Modern culture actually causes evolutionary pressure against human intelligence and human decency, and threatens to irreparably damage the human gene pool.  This is why it is the worst culture in human history.

I have personal standards that I don't impose on others.  One is that violence should only be used defensively.

You heard it here folks, Mike Krahulik, the co-founder and artist of Penny Arcade, and the co-founder of the Child's Play charity, is worse than Hitler.

You do know this is why you are being called a troll, right?

Jeez it must've been over 10 years since I last logged in, and here I am older and hopefully wiser.  And wow I even have my old avatar!  Neat!

Now as a major history fanboy I have to say:  whenever an one nation or another collapsed, the most direct cause is often economic, environmental, or military in nature.  Apostasy has nothing to do with it.

For example, Rome collapsed in a series of cataclysmic events that resulted from poor tax policy and frontier warfare, leading to an increasing inability for the central government to maintain such a large empire much less a standing Roman army to protect it.  Due to logistical issues the Emperor decided to include mercenaries in Roman legions.  This was a huge mistake, as it caused factionalization between military parties more loyal to gold than the idea of Roman identity, and the eventual collapse of the Western Roman empire.  Atheism had nothing to do with this.

Granted, religious attitudes do sometimes change at the same time, but this is more BECAUSE of the decline of a nation rather than causing it.  And usually, this loss of a native religion isn't a move towards atheism:  usually you see a transition to new foreign religions.  For example, as Tang Dynasty China declined the people felt the impact of civic chaos and started to feel that Confucianism wasn't all that it was cracked up to be, and many turned to Buddhism (imported from India) instead.

And even though forced conversion certainly played a role, many Mesoamerican tribes such as the Aztecs turned to Christianity in the Spanish conquest when they felt their native religions had failed them (note:  the fall of the Aztecs was due to plague, civil war, and invasion by the Spanish, NOT because they suddenly became atheists).

Please study real history.

anyone who likes Taco Bell should've wiped out.

Who else?

Let's do this troll thing up right!

Anyone who likes Pepsi instead of Coke... Wipe em out

Next...

• Like 1

Mr. Spooky!! OMG, great to see you! I took a long hiatus from here, too, but have been back the last few years. I remember you as studying science at Berkeley, I think some area of bio - is that right? I hope everything has gone well for you in the last decade.

Peace, and I hope to see you on here more. 

You must have learned your history from liberal history books because you have no idea what you are talking about.  Try reading original sources to get a feeling for the times.

Q:  How many fschmidts does it take to change a lightbulb?

A:  Are you kidding?  Lightbulbs are evil because they were invented by a liberal feminist culture.  Moral people use candles just like in the moral Old Testament.

• Like 3

Mr. Spooky!! OMG, great to see you! I took a long hiatus from here, too, but have been back the last few years. I remember you as studying science at Berkeley, I think some area of bio - is that right? I hope everything has gone well for you in the last decade.

Peace, and I hope to see you on here more. 

Haha wow!  I'm really flattered you remember me, and I'm quite ashamed to admit that I don't remember any of the exc's here on this forum very well at all.  Though I do recognize your avatar, if that helps.  At the very least I'll have the pleasure of learning about everyone all over again!

You must have learned your history from liberal history books because you have no idea what you are talking about.  Try reading original sources to get a feeling for the times.

Uhhh wow.  I really have no idea where to begin here.  Do you think atheism caused the smallpox epidemic in the Americas, the Spanish conquest, and the uprising of the Aztec vassal-states against Tenochtitlan?  Did the Tang Chinese invite the An Lushan rebellion because they abandoned Confucianism and ancestor-worship or something?

Historical events happen due to concrete, often very absurdly base causes.  Not because dudes of the era decide "atheism."

Welcome back Mr. Spooky. I remember you. Mythra dropped by a couple days ago. He has been gone for years, also.

fschmidt's "historical" thesis is formulated so as to be unfalsifiable. So he can spin this game out indefinitely.

I just saw that he was from El Paso, Texas.  He's criticizing me about "liberal textbooks" and I'm just thinking "Really?  With the Texas schoolboard & textbook problems? Bwahaha."

anyone who likes Taco Bell should've wiped out.

Who else?

Let's do this troll thing up right!

Anyone who likes Pepsi instead of Coke... Wipe em out

Next...

Anyone who likes the Old Testament should be forced to watch Honey Boo Boo reruns. (Without the subtitles) I have no sympathy for OT lovers. OT lovers are responsible for the decline in American culture. 

• Like 1

I have a question for you, fschmidt:  Did you actually think we were going to take you and your beliefs seriously here?

Quite frankly, I think you are full of schmidt when you expressed in #121 your dismay at the strong atheist contingent here.    Anyone who had taken the time to do due diligence to research a forum before posting on it would have known in advance how we roll.

I believe that your one and only purpose in coming here was to anger us.  You can have the anger back now. All of it.  (Springy G makes up a little parting-contestant gift basket with some insomnia, nightmares, apoplectic rage and heart palpitations, then throws in a box of stale Rice-A-Roni for good measure)

• Like 1

I have a question for you, fschmidt:  Did you actually think we were going to take you and your beliefs seriously here?

I assumed there would be between 90% and 100% morons.  I post to determine if there is any intelligence in a place.  So now I know that there isn't and this is 100% morons.  Time to move on.

I assumed there would be between 90% and 100% morons.  I post to determine if there is any intelligence in a place.  So now I know that there isn't and this is 100% morons.  Time to move on.

Daw, how cute, would be mister Jones here is getting desperate.

Notice the ad hominem, specifically a pathetic attempt to persuade any less attentive readers that he's the one that's intellectually superior in this case, and to put us on the defensive. While it may be time to move on, it's not because we are the morons.

FSM bless. And I hope you end up entirely alone and miserable in the end, completely forgotten by everyone you ever crossed paths with. No legacy to speak of. Entirely aware that you failed, and your efforts where completely wasted.

On the other hand, I hope you change your mind, and realize how much of a horrible person you are being. Preferably before it's too late to do anything about it.

• Like 1

I assumed there would be between 90% and 100% morons. 

Wow, you thought there would be 90% to 100% acceptance of your ideas?  Try Christian forums instead.

Time to move on.

You always have that right.  However we didn't censor you nor piss on your right to free speech.  Think about that.

By the way you said we can ask you anything.  Why did you pick that screen name?