Goodbye Jesus

Commercials That You Are Totally Sick Of....

Guest SereneAspiration

Guest SereneAspiration

Until night rolls around the tube usually is off so maybe that is why I keep catching this commercial that I used to think was cute but now loathe :vent: ..... The young lady dancing to "My Humps" in the dressing room; not only do I now hate that commercial but the "My Humps" song too.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amethyst

• The Sage Nabooru

• Thurisaz

• pandora

I hate those damned Snickers commercials. Thankfully the one where they threw Snickers bars at the deer in an attempt to hunt it down but of course failing miserably isn't running anymore, but that was the worst one of them all. Why don't you just air 30 seconds of blank air? It'll have the same effect on me :nono:

The Fitness made simple, So annoying it gets me in a foul mood one, :vent: I never liked it but its so over played now its crazy.

The Verizon wireless ones. If I hear "can you hear me now?" one more time, I will throw something at the TV.

One of the credit card commercials has some guy in a diner, obviously participating in one of those restaurant challenges where he's attempting to consume a 10 (guessing) pound hamburger all in one sitting, within a certain timeframe.

The voiceover is using language like "dedication", "persistance", and "reaching goals" kind of crap.....obviously talking about their credit card while making this guy in the diner come across as some sort of hero for succeeding in his effort to consume the giganto-burger.

Does ANYONE really wonder why kids, teens, and adults are becoming lard-assed fatties?

I also loathe gender based commercials that mock the stereotypes they are simultaneously endorsing and encouraging.

Like the one where most of the husbands on a neighborhood block are lying to their spouses about roof related maintenance, so they can go up on the roof and drink beer ("in peace" is implied.....like the wives would have something to say about it....so they have to hide). Except for the one guy who really IS up there to fix the roof, and is portrayed as "dumb" by not only failing a real effort at repairs, but blundering like a moron onto a weak spot on the roof, where he crashes straight through down into the living room, where his cold ass wife is sitting on the fucking couch totally unmoved by her husband's sudden (and likely injurious) entry.

Total bullshit. My dad can't go up on the roof without my mom worrying like mad, and when she was younger with less knee damage, she was up there helping out too. And while my dad was really never a beer drinker, if he wanted one, he didn't have to go sneaking around to enjoy it.

But then......my folks have been married over 40 years now.

Also I hate those stupid drug commericals where they don't even tell you what the drug does, just to "ask your doctor." Why should I ask a doctor about something that I don't even know what it does? :ugh:

:lol:

I hate the commercials in general. What I would be cool is if we ran commercials in the states like they do on the BBC channels in Europe. 40 minutes of show, 20 minutes of commercials...this allows people to go do something else without missing part of a show.

There is a lot of shit you can do in 20 minutes. Think of all the multi-tasking we could do?!!!!!!!!! makes you excited huh????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????!!!!!!!!!!

Commercials are agents of the DEBBBIL! :lmao:

That actually would be cool. Just get all the commercials over with at one time. If you happen to catch one or two, fine. If not, fine. None of this forcing people to watch ads crap that the advertising industry here tries to do. Heck, they're even doing in-show product placements because people fast-forward or skip comercials when they watch recorded shows.

I can't stand the gender stereotyping, too. The men are usually shown as doofy idiots who can barely get the keys in the ignition, and women are (again) stuck in either the kitchen or some housecleaning activity smiling serenely as all of the "germs" disappear from their lives. :ugh:

Also, the Carl Jr's ad with the "don't bother me I'm eating" is just rude. On top of that, I have to listen to them chew their food. Sorry, but this is simply revolting. :woopsie:

Have any of you seen these “above the influence” commercials. I saw my first one last night and found these on the web today.

I saw the one called “Flat”

But the one titled “Fist in Mouth” is my favorite.

While most anti-drug commercials take the stance that one hit off a pipe will make you kill a small child, these commercials take a different, and I think more effective approach.

IBF

http://www.abovetheinfluence.com/the-ads/default.aspx

I can't stand the gender stereotyping, too. The men are usually shown as doofy idiots who can barely get the keys in the ignition, and women are (again) stuck in either the kitchen or some housecleaning activity smiling serenely as all of the "germs" disappear from their lives. :ugh:

Also, the Carl Jr's ad with the "don't bother me I'm eating" is just rude. On top of that, I have to listen to them chew their food. Sorry, but this is simply revolting. :woopsie:

Yeah. I personally hate cleaning and only do it because I have to. And if the women aren't in the kitchen, they are infatuated with their physical appearance, be it hair or makeup or those stupid lose-weight-quick-schemes or whatever.

Can't they once show a woman in an ad doing sensible things? Just once? I realize it would go against the grain of Hollywood, but still.

Anything, and I mean ANYTHING with Catherine Zeta Jones in it.

LOL. If I think I'm even getting close to my period, I wear nothing but dark pants/jeans. The whole white pants thing is just a bit unrealistic. Most people only wear them in the summer where I live, anyway.

And yeah, they should show women having cramps at least once in a while. That would be realistic.

While most anti-drug commercials take the stance that one hit off a pipe will make you kill a small child, these commercials take a different, and I think more effective approach.

I'd have to disagree here. What they are saying instead is "take one hit and you'll be retarded". Have you seen the one with the kid racing the lumber yard dog?

And while I'm on the subject of "anti" commercials, I'd personally like to take whoever is responsible for the "truth" anti-smoking commericials and smack them around for an hour or so. "Truth", yeah right... :Wendywhatever:

I despise that Burger King "king" guy and any commercial with him in it. I want to punch that stupid smile off his face. And I hate the guy talking in it too. He makes me want to vomit when he says "egg and cheese, egg and cheeeeese" especially if I hear it when I'm already close to throwing up.

:eek: I'm creeped by the king. He's scaaary. :eek:

That kind for burger king is a bit satanic. He has that sinister look that makes you think, "Stay the fuck away from Burger King..."

Is that supposed to be some kind of reverse psychology?

I hate those regional ads for car dealerships, real estate offices, RV dealerships, exercise clubs, or furniture discount stores. You know, the ones where the guy is talking REALLY LOUD and really fast in voiceover, and they show you the inside of the stupid furniture warehouse and all the crap in there is so utterly tacky you'd never buy it, and all the typefaces are in yellow and white so you can't really see them, and they use about ten different fonts and all kinds of bullet points and star-shaped callouts and flashing bright red shit that probably gives every epileptic for 3 states around a fucking seizure.

It's like they must all be designed by the same guy, sitting in his basement with a Windoze 98 machine, thinking he's a hot shit designer because he can use BIG FONTS and STRIKETHROUGHS and get all fancy and shit with typefaces in all sorts of fucking unreadable bright pretty colors!!!!

Oh yeah, and let's not forget to use COMIC SANS and lots of !!!!!!!'s too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking design hooligans. :Wendywhatever:

Any commercial that involves some "fast, easy way to lose weight". I can tell you now that its absolute bullshit. As a former fat guy, I know from experience that there is nothing "fast" or "easy" about losing more than 20 pounds, and keeping it off. If it was that simple, everyone would look like brad pitt and angelina joliee.

I also hate those Genital Herpes commercials. "I have genital herpes, but thanks to medication X, im in control of my life!!" Get real bitch, youre a nasty, skanky, diseased slut, and no man is wanna put his face, much less his dick, in your herpes infested snatch.

Finally, as a frequent insomniac, im irritated by those cheesy phone sex chat ads that feature some utterly gorgeous woman saying "I LOOOVE TO SPEND SATURDAY NIGHTS ON THE PHONE WITH GREAT SINGLES!!" Or worse, It'll have some girls bouncing around to the tune of some really cheesy song. (Girls!!! Looking for fun!! Girls!!)

Oh yeah, lets not forget those military recruitment commercials. Now I was an army bratt, and I got nothing against the military. (SOMEBODY has to defend this country) But damn, get real. They show these fast-paced montages of people doing awesome, exciting, and cool things like flying F-22's, launching cruise missles, or doing crazy commando shit. Uh-uh. Yeah, im sure the Air Force has a shiny, brand-new gazillion dollar fighter jet for every recruit. Plus, we all know that every Marine will inevitably become an elite commando.

I hate those regional ads for car dealerships, real estate offices, RV dealerships, exercise clubs, or furniture discount stores. You know, the ones where the guy is talking REALLY LOUD and really fast in voiceover, and they show you the inside of the stupid furniture warehouse and all the crap in there is so utterly tacky you'd never buy it, and all the typefaces are in yellow and white so you can't really see them, and they use about ten different fonts and all kinds of bullet points and star-shaped callouts and flashing bright red shit that probably gives every epileptic for 3 states around a fucking seizure.

It's like they must all be designed by the same guy, sitting in his basement with a Windoze 98 machine, thinking he's a hot shit designer because he can use BIG FONTS and STRIKETHROUGHS and get all fancy and shit with typefaces in all sorts of fucking unreadable bright pretty colors!!!!

Oh yeah, and let's not forget to use COMIC SANS and lots of !!!!!!!'s too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking design hooligans. :Wendywhatever:

Haha, yeah, I see those all the time. Im a film/video student, and it gives me a chuckle whenever I spot those commercials with rediculously bad greenscreen jobs, and cheesy graphics.

Just saw the fitness made simple commercial. You know, if he could afford to run it during prime time on major networks, why the hell couldn't he make a commercial that was not as cheesy as the one I just saw? Shit the bowflex commercials are more "slick" than that cheesy, look like it was made in his mother's garage video look of the eighties. It's worse than local car dealers' commercials.

What the fuck?

The commercials I currently can't stand are for Countrywide Home Loans, mostly because the channels I watch (Discovery, History) show them allllll the time. I see them several times during one program, argh! Back 10 years ago, when I first started watching the History channel, well, this was sort of excuable as there probably not that many sponsors. Now that they've been around awhile, you'd think they have more sponsors and thus different commercials.

I also used to hate the Bowflex commercials for the same reason. One time, the same Bowflex commercial played two times in a row. I sent an angry email to that channel's web site, grrr.

Oh and another thing - the Geico gecko. I want to take that abomination and crush it in my hand, then slam it on the ground and stomp it until there's nothing left. Then I want to slap the person who came up with the idea of it. Then I'll say to him, "but I have good news, I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico!" and slap whoever made that abomination as well!

I don't like the gecko either, but that's because I work for one of their competitors :HaHa:

Oh and another thing - the Geico gecko. I want to take that abomination and crush it in my hand, then slam it on the ground and stomp it until there's nothing left. Then I want to slap the person who came up with the idea of it. Then I'll say to him, "but I have good news, I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico!" and slap whoever made that abomination as well!
I figured that someone would beat me to it. :shrug: